Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2006, 11:41 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"Onyx_Hokie" wrote in message
oups.com...
DarkSheer wrote:
Justin Pate wrote:
"DarkSheer" wrote in message
...
Justin Pate wrote:
"Bryan S. Slick" wrote in message
...
At about 25 Dec 2005 19:29:28 +0100, Freedom Fries was dragged into
the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

Be careful folks. Going to a vegan meeting to exchange portobello
mushroom recipes could get you on the FBI's terrorist list.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

Vegans are freaks and hypocrites.

Yep, Bryan is right.

Stupid troll. Are you going to have no problem if the government
tells us where to eat and live?

Ryan


It's not the government that's a threat to telling me what to eat.
It's the militant vegans who are the problem. In fact, the
government isn't much of a threat to me on anything, but then I don't
exactly go looking for trouble......

And how exactly am I a stupid troll again?


Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.


He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.

He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do so.

Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.

For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind is a
hypocrite.


That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
else they're hypocrites? I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?


--
Bryan S. Slick




  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2006, 11:55 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

At about Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:41:26 -0500, THE VICAR was dragged into the
street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

:That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
:else they're hypocrites? I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
:dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

I have no problem with vegans. I have a problem with activist vegans
who try to guilt everyone else into following their phony lifestyle.

Plankton are lifeforms, sir.. who have died by the quintillions to
provide you with gasoline for your vehicle. If you truly wish to avoid
leaving a "bloody footprint", then you need to move out into the wild
and survive on grass, roots, etc.. and not much else. Don't worry, such
a lifestyle won't last long. Darwin will see to that.

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 19-03-2006, 03:07 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"Bryan S. Slick" wrote in message
...
At about Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:41:26 -0500, THE VICAR was dragged into the
street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

:That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
:else they're hypocrites? I'm having trouble following your dizzying
logic. I
:dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

I have no problem with vegans. I have a problem with activist vegans
who try to guilt everyone else into following their phony lifestyle.

Plankton are lifeforms, sir.. who have died by the quintillions to
provide you with gasoline for your vehicle. If you truly wish to avoid
leaving a "bloody footprint", then you need to move out into the wild
and survive on grass, roots, etc.. and not much else. Don't worry, such
a lifestyle won't last long. Darwin will see to that.


Well, sir, I'm not forcing my "lifestyle" onto anyone..although i dont view
it so much as a lifestyle than as a dietary choice. I dont worry about
fossil fuels or even if the occasional egg finds its way into my food. i
just dont like the idea of eating a big ole cow and that's coming from
someone that used to love a huge ass steak. I'm trying to leave a smaller
footprint on the earth. i dont care what you or anyone else does.


--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."



  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 19-03-2006, 03:12 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

At about Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:07:53 -0500, THE VICAR was dragged into the
street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

: I have no problem with vegans. I have a problem with activist vegans
: who try to guilt everyone else into following their phony lifestyle.
:
: Plankton are lifeforms, sir.. who have died by the quintillions to
: provide you with gasoline for your vehicle. If you truly wish to avoid
: leaving a "bloody footprint", then you need to move out into the wild
: and survive on grass, roots, etc.. and not much else. Don't worry, such
: a lifestyle won't last long. Darwin will see to that.
:
:Well, sir, I'm not forcing my "lifestyle" onto anyone..although i dont view
:it so much as a lifestyle than as a dietary choice. I dont worry about
:fossil fuels or even if the occasional egg finds its way into my food. i
:just dont like the idea of eating a big ole cow and that's coming from
:someone that used to love a huge ass steak. I'm trying to leave a smaller
:footprint on the earth. i dont care what you or anyone else does.

In that case, you're excluded from my rant against activist vegans. As
a vegan yourself, I'm sure you're well aware of the kind I describe.

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-03-2006, 11:37 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 315
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"Onyx_Hokie" wrote in message
oups.com...
DarkSheer wrote:
Justin Pate wrote:
"DarkSheer" wrote in message
...
Justin Pate wrote:
"Bryan S. Slick" wrote in message
...
At about 25 Dec 2005 19:29:28 +0100, Freedom Fries was
dragged into
the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

Be careful folks. Going to a vegan meeting to exchange
portobello
mushroom recipes could get you on the FBI's terrorist
list.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

Vegans are freaks and hypocrites.

Yep, Bryan is right.

Stupid troll. Are you going to have no problem if the
government
tells us where to eat and live?

Ryan


It's not the government that's a threat to telling me what
to eat.
It's the militant vegans who are the problem. In fact, the
government isn't much of a threat to me on anything, but
then I don't
exactly go looking for trouble......

And how exactly am I a stupid troll again?

Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.


He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.

He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do
so.

Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.

For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind is
a
hypocrite.


That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat
animals or else they're hypocrites?

===================================
Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at all.
He did say that vegans who claim that simply by following their
simple rule for their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that they are
somehow doing something to save animals. That rest of your
selfish, consumer-oriented, consumption driven lifestyle cause
far more death and suffering. But then, can't interrupt your
entertainmnet, now can you?


I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

======================
Because what you 'do' is ly...



--
Bryan S. Slick







  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-03-2006, 12:59 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"rick" wrote in message
nk.net...

"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"Onyx_Hokie" wrote in message
oups.com...
DarkSheer wrote:
Justin Pate wrote:
"DarkSheer" wrote in message
...
Justin Pate wrote:
"Bryan S. Slick" wrote in message
...
At about 25 Dec 2005 19:29:28 +0100, Freedom Fries was dragged
into
the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

Be careful folks. Going to a vegan meeting to exchange portobello
mushroom recipes could get you on the FBI's terrorist list.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

Vegans are freaks and hypocrites.

Yep, Bryan is right.

Stupid troll. Are you going to have no problem if the government
tells us where to eat and live?

Ryan


It's not the government that's a threat to telling me what to eat.
It's the militant vegans who are the problem. In fact, the
government isn't much of a threat to me on anything, but then I don't
exactly go looking for trouble......

And how exactly am I a stupid troll again?

Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.

He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.

He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do so.

Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.

For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind is a
hypocrite.


That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
else they're hypocrites?

===================================
Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at all. He did
say that vegans who claim that simply by following their simple rule for
their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that they are somehow doing something to
save animals. That rest of your selfish, consumer-oriented, consumption
driven lifestyle cause far more death and suffering. But then, can't
interrupt your entertainmnet, now can you?


I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

======================
Because what you 'do' is ly...


Eat Shit, Rick




--
Bryan S. Slick







  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-03-2006, 02:43 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 315
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"rick" wrote in message
nk.net...

"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"Onyx_Hokie" wrote in message
oups.com...
DarkSheer wrote:
Justin Pate wrote:
"DarkSheer" wrote in message
...
Justin Pate wrote:
"Bryan S. Slick" wrote in
message
...
At about 25 Dec 2005 19:29:28 +0100, Freedom Fries was
dragged into
the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

Be careful folks. Going to a vegan meeting to
exchange portobello
mushroom recipes could get you on the FBI's terrorist
list.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

Vegans are freaks and hypocrites.

Yep, Bryan is right.

Stupid troll. Are you going to have no problem if the
government
tells us where to eat and live?

Ryan


It's not the government that's a threat to telling me
what to eat.
It's the militant vegans who are the problem. In fact,
the
government isn't much of a threat to me on anything, but
then I don't
exactly go looking for trouble......

And how exactly am I a stupid troll again?

Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.

He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.

He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do
so.

Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.

For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind
is a
hypocrite.

That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must
eat animals or else they're hypocrites?

===================================
Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at
all. He did say that vegans who claim that simply by following
their simple rule for their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that
they are somehow doing something to save animals. That rest
of your selfish, consumer-oriented, consumption driven
lifestyle cause far more death and suffering. But then, can't
interrupt your entertainmnet, now can you?


I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

======================
Because what you 'do' is ly...


Eat Shit, Rick

======================
Ah, good. The true lack of understanding takes place quickly in
vegan loons, eh fool?
Must be that simple mind thing of your, huh?






--
Bryan S. Slick









  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-03-2006, 04:13 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"rick" wrote in message
ink.net...

"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"rick" wrote in message
nk.net...

"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"Onyx_Hokie" wrote in message
oups.com...
DarkSheer wrote:
Justin Pate wrote:
"DarkSheer" wrote in message
...
Justin Pate wrote:
"Bryan S. Slick" wrote in message
...
At about 25 Dec 2005 19:29:28 +0100, Freedom Fries was dragged
into
the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

Be careful folks. Going to a vegan meeting to exchange
portobello
mushroom recipes could get you on the FBI's terrorist list.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

Vegans are freaks and hypocrites.

Yep, Bryan is right.

Stupid troll. Are you going to have no problem if the government
tells us where to eat and live?

Ryan


It's not the government that's a threat to telling me what to eat.
It's the militant vegans who are the problem. In fact, the
government isn't much of a threat to me on anything, but then I
don't
exactly go looking for trouble......

And how exactly am I a stupid troll again?

Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.

He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.

He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do so.

Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.

For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind is a
hypocrite.

That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals
or else they're hypocrites?
===================================
Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at all. He did
say that vegans who claim that simply by following their simple rule for
their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that they are somehow doing something
to save animals. That rest of your selfish, consumer-oriented,
consumption driven lifestyle cause far more death and suffering. But
then, can't interrupt your entertainmnet, now can you?


I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?
======================
Because what you 'do' is ly...


Eat Shit, Rick

======================
Ah, good. The true lack of understanding takes place quickly in vegan
loons, eh fool?
Must be that simple mind thing of your, huh?


What are you doing back here? Didn't I just tell you to go an eat shit?







--
Bryan S. Slick











  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-03-2006, 11:03 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 315
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"rick" wrote in message
ink.net...

"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"rick" wrote in message
nk.net...

"THE VICAR" wrote in message
...

"Onyx_Hokie" wrote in message
oups.com...
DarkSheer wrote:
Justin Pate wrote:
"DarkSheer" wrote in message
...
Justin Pate wrote:
"Bryan S. Slick" wrote in
message
...
At about 25 Dec 2005 19:29:28 +0100, Freedom Fries
was dragged into
the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

Be careful folks. Going to a vegan meeting to
exchange portobello
mushroom recipes could get you on the FBI's
terrorist list.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

Vegans are freaks and hypocrites.

Yep, Bryan is right.

Stupid troll. Are you going to have no problem if the
government
tells us where to eat and live?

Ryan


It's not the government that's a threat to telling me
what to eat.
It's the militant vegans who are the problem. In fact,
the
government isn't much of a threat to me on anything,
but then I don't
exactly go looking for trouble......

And how exactly am I a stupid troll again?

Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.

He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.

He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to
do so.

Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.

For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind
is a
hypocrite.

That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must
eat animals or else they're hypocrites?
===================================
Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at
all. He did say that vegans who claim that simply by
following their simple rule for their simple mind, 'eat no
meat,' that they are somehow doing something to save
animals. That rest of your selfish, consumer-oriented,
consumption driven lifestyle cause far more death and
suffering. But then, can't interrupt your entertainmnet,
now can you?


I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?
======================
Because what you 'do' is ly...

Eat Shit, Rick

======================
Ah, good. The true lack of understanding takes place quickly
in vegan loons, eh fool?
Must be that simple mind thing of your, huh?


What are you doing back here? Didn't I just tell you to go an
eat shit?

=================
And you're still as ignorant and foolish as ever..
Got caught in your idiocy and now trying to cover your tracks, eh
killer?



  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 01:50 AM posted to alt.food.vegan
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians



Why does every post on this newsgroup turn into the same boring argument?





  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:27 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 206
Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians


"Allen & Claudia Waddell" wrote in message
ink.net...


Why does every post on this newsgroup turn into the same boring argument?



I think it's because people who really care for animals find what is done to
them in the name of science totally and utterly intolerable. I do - to the
extent that I have to try to avoid thinking about it.

You'll notice of course that there are far more programmes, reports etc.
calling animal rights people terrorists than there are showing the public
what actually goes on in vivisection and research labs, about 90% of which
has absolutely nothing to do with research into and testing of new
medicines.

One example of this bias is the fact that for years the BBC described
Huntington Life Science 'a drug testing company' while all the time one look
at Huntington's own website showed that they do any and every kind of
testing. Cosmetics, household and industrial chemicals, the lot.

I think if the public were made fully aware of what animal testing really
involves, they would find calling the animal rights people terrorists
utterly disgusting and come over to their side.

This is, of course, what the government is terrified of; a group of direct
action protesters winning the sympathy of the public.

There used to be recipes here once too.

Nemo.




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abolitionist approach to Animal Rights [email protected] Vegan 0 17-11-2008 02:45 AM
what about the plants rights? And what about animal rights? Vegan 23 28-11-2006 05:55 AM
Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians John Mayer Vegan 3 15-03-2006 02:50 PM
St.Francis and Animal Rights menu boy Vegan 3 01-08-2004 04:52 AM
Animal Rights Law list L. Xian Vegan 4 29-03-2004 04:38 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017