FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/86143-re-those-damn-terrorist.html)

THE VICAR 18-03-2006 11:41 PM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

"Onyx_Hokie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> DarkSheer wrote:
>> Justin Pate wrote:

>> > It's not the government that's a threat to telling me what to eat.
>> > It's the militant vegans who are the problem. In fact, the
>> > government isn't much of a threat to me on anything, but then I don't
>> > exactly go looking for trouble......
>> >
>> > And how exactly am I a stupid troll again?

>> Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.

> He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.
>
> He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do so.
>
> Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.
>
> For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind is a
> hypocrite.

That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
else they're hypocrites? I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

Bryan S. Slick 18-03-2006 11:55 PM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

At about Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:41:26 -0500, THE VICAR was dragged into the
street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

:That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
:else they're hypocrites? I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
:dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

I have no problem with vegans. I have a problem with activist vegans
who try to guilt everyone else into following their phony lifestyle.

Plankton are lifeforms, sir.. who have died by the quintillions to
provide you with gasoline for your vehicle. If you truly wish to avoid
leaving a "bloody footprint", then you need to move out into the wild
and survive on grass, roots, etc.. and not much else. Don't worry, such
a lifestyle won't last long. Darwin will see to that.

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

THE VICAR 19-03-2006 03:07 AM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

"Bryan S. Slick" > wrote in message
> At about Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:41:26 -0500, THE VICAR was dragged into the
> street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..
>
> :That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
> :else they're hypocrites? I'm having trouble following your dizzying
> logic. I
> :dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?
>
> I have no problem with vegans. I have a problem with activist vegans
> who try to guilt everyone else into following their phony lifestyle.
>
> Plankton are lifeforms, sir.. who have died by the quintillions to
> provide you with gasoline for your vehicle. If you truly wish to avoid
> leaving a "bloody footprint", then you need to move out into the wild
> and survive on grass, roots, etc.. and not much else. Don't worry, such
> a lifestyle won't last long. Darwin will see to that.

Well, sir, I'm not forcing my "lifestyle" onto anyone..although i dont view
it so much as a lifestyle than as a dietary choice. I dont worry about
fossil fuels or even if the occasional egg finds its way into my food. i
just dont like the idea of eating a big ole cow and that's coming from
someone that used to love a huge ass steak. I'm trying to leave a smaller
footprint on the earth. i dont care what you or anyone else does.

Bryan S. Slick 19-03-2006 03:12 AM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

At about Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:07:53 -0500, THE VICAR was dragged into the
street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

:> I have no problem with vegans. I have a problem with activist vegans
:> who try to guilt everyone else into following their phony lifestyle.
:>
:
:Well, sir, I'm not forcing my "lifestyle" onto anyone..although i dont view
:it so much as a lifestyle than as a dietary choice. I dont worry about
:fossil fuels or even if the occasional egg finds its way into my food. i
:just dont like the idea of eating a big ole cow and that's coming from
:someone that used to love a huge ass steak. I'm trying to leave a smaller
:footprint on the earth. i dont care what you or anyone else does.

In that case, you're excluded from my rant against activist vegans. As
a vegan yourself, I'm sure you're well aware of the kind I describe.

rick 21-03-2006 11:37 PM

"THE VICAR" > wrote in message

> "Onyx_Hokie" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> DarkSheer wrote:

>>> Because you say you're afraid of vegans. Loon.

>> He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.
>>
>> He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do
>> so.
>>
>> Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.
>>
>> For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind is
>> hypocrite.

> That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat
> animals or else they're hypocrites?

===================================
Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at all.
He did say that vegans who claim that simply by following their
simple rule for their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that they are
somehow doing something to save animals. That rest of your
selfish, consumer-oriented, consumption driven lifestyle cause
far more death and suffering. But then, can't interrupt your
entertainmnet, now can you?

I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
> dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

======================
Because what you 'do' is ly...

THE VICAR 22-03-2006 12:59 AM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

"rick" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "THE VICAR" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Onyx_Hokie" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> He didn't say he was afraid of vegans.
>>>
>>> He agreed that vegans are hypocrites.. and he's right to do so.
>>>
>>> Any vegan who drives a car is an abject hypocrite.
>>>
>>> For that matter, any vegan who uses technology of any kind is a
>>> hypocrite.

>> That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must eat animals or
>> else they're hypocrites?

> ===================================
> Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at all. He did
> say that vegans who claim that simply by following their simple rule for
> their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that they are somehow doing something to
> save animals. That rest of your selfish, consumer-oriented, consumption
> driven lifestyle cause far more death and suffering. But then, can't
> interrupt your entertainmnet, now can you?
>

> I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
>> dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

> ======================
> Because what you 'do' is ly...

Eat Shit, Rick :)

rick 22-03-2006 02:43 AM

"THE VICAR" > wrote in message

> "rick" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>>
>> "THE VICAR" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Onyx_Hokie" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> That's an assinine statement. Are you saying that one must
>>> eat animals or else they're hypocrites?

>> ===================================
>> Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at
>> all. He did say that vegans who claim that simply by following
>> their simple rule for their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that
>> they are somehow doing something to save animals. That rest
>> of your selfish, consumer-oriented, consumption driven
>> lifestyle cause far more death and suffering. But then, can't
>> interrupt your entertainmnet, now can you?
>>

>> I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
>>> dont care what you do...why do you care so much what i do?

>> ======================
>> Because what you 'do' is ly...

> Eat Shit, Rick :)

======================
Ah, good. The true lack of understanding takes place quickly in
vegan loons, eh fool?
Must be that simple mind thing of your, huh?

THE VICAR 22-03-2006 04:13 AM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

"rick" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "THE VICAR" > wrote in message
>>
>> "rick" > wrote in message
>> nk.net...

>>> ===================================
>>> Reading problems too, huh? No, I didn't see him say that at all. He did
>>> say that vegans who claim that simply by following their simple rule for
>>> their simple mind, 'eat no meat,' that they are somehow doing something
>>> to save animals. That rest of your selfish, consumer-oriented,
>>> consumption driven lifestyle cause far more death and suffering. But
>>> then, can't interrupt your entertainmnet, now can you?
>>>

>>> I'm having trouble following your dizzying logic. I
>>> ======================
>>> Because what you 'do' is ly...

>> Eat Shit, Rick :)

> ======================
> Ah, good. The true lack of understanding takes place quickly in vegan
> loons, eh fool?
> Must be that simple mind thing of your, huh?

What are you doing back here? Didn't I just tell you to go an eat shit?

rick 22-03-2006 11:03 PM

"THE VICAR" > wrote in message

> "rick" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>>
>> "THE VICAR" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "rick" > wrote in message
>>> nk.net...

>>> Eat Shit, Rick :)

>> ======================
>> Ah, good. The true lack of understanding takes place quickly
>> in vegan loons, eh fool?
>> Must be that simple mind thing of your, huh?

> What are you doing back here? Didn't I just tell you to go an
> eat shit?

=================
And you're still as ignorant and foolish as ever..
Got caught in your idiocy and now trying to cover your tracks, eh
killer?

Allen & Claudia Waddell 07-07-2006 01:50 AM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

Why does every post on this newsgroup turn into the same boring argument?

nemo 07-07-2006 10:27 PM

Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

"Allen & Claudia Waddell" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> Why does every post on this newsgroup turn into the same boring argument?

I think it's because people who really care for animals find what is done to
them in the name of science totally and utterly intolerable. I do - to the
extent that I have to try to avoid thinking about it.

You'll notice of course that there are far more programmes, reports etc.
calling animal rights people terrorists than there are showing the public
what actually goes on in vivisection and research labs, about 90% of which
has absolutely nothing to do with research into and testing of new
medicines.

One example of this bias is the fact that for years the BBC described
Huntington Life Science 'a drug testing company' while all the time one look
at Huntington's own website showed that they do any and every kind of
testing. Cosmetics, household and industrial chemicals, the lot.

I think if the public were made fully aware of what animal testing really
involves, they would find calling the animal rights people terrorists
utterly disgusting and come over to their side.

This is, of course, what the government is terrified of; a group of direct
action protesters winning the sympathy of the public.

There used to be recipes here once too.

Nemo.