Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Atkins diet called dangerous in a study by The Lancelet

The Lancelet is a peer reviewed professional journal. In a study they
found the Atkins diet extremely dangerous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> The Lancelet is a peer reviewed professional journal. In a
> study they found the Atkins diet extremely dangerous.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

===========================
This isn't the peer reviewed study, dolt. This is Yahoo news.

Plus, the article doesn't say anything near what you are
implying. Too bad that like the typical vegan propagandist you
have to ly to try to get converts to your religion...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

In article >,
says...
> The Lancelet is a peer reviewed professional journal. In a study they
> found the Atkins diet extremely dangerous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

Anyone wanting to control their weight could do a lot worse than turn
vegan. I have met many Vegans, and not one of them has been clinically
obese.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Fred wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
>
>>The Lancelet is a peer reviewed professional journal. In a study they
>>found the Atkins diet extremely dangerous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

> Anyone wanting to control their weight could do a lot worse than turn
> vegan. I have met many Vegans, and not one of them has been clinically
> obese.

My ex wife....
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On 2006-03-18, Fred > wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>> The Lancelet is a peer reviewed professional journal. In a study they
>> found the Atkins diet extremely dangerous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

> Anyone wanting to control their weight could do a lot worse than turn
> vegan. I have met many Vegans, and not one of them has been clinically
> obese.

I, for one, tried a strict vegan diet for several months and
as a result, gained 30 lbs. Never again. I then took it all
off, plus a few, on a *modified* Atkins. It seems that there
are different types: I am the type who can benefit from a high
protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. I eat dark greens, and
reds and yellows. I'm over 60 and in relatively good health.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Jeff Caird wrote:

> On 2006-03-18, Fred > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
says...

>>>The Lancelet is a peer reviewed professional journal. In a study they
>>>found the Atkins diet extremely dangerous.
>>>
>>>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins
>>>

>>Anyone wanting to control their weight could do a lot worse than turn
>>vegan. I have met many Vegans, and not one of them has been clinically
>>obese.

> I, for one, tried a strict vegan diet for several months and
> as a result, gained 30 lbs. Never again. I then took it all
> off, plus a few, on a *modified* Atkins. It seems that there
> are different types: I am the type who can benefit from a high
> protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. I eat dark greens, and
> reds and yellows. I'm over 60 and in relatively good health.

Being vegan, we still have to watch sugars, excess fats, exercise. A lot
of folks are pastaerians.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

In article >,
says...

> Jeff Caird wrote:
>
> > On 2006-03-18, Fred > wrote:
> >
> >>In article >,
> says...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

> >>Anyone wanting to control their weight could do a lot worse than turn
> >>vegan. I have met many Vegans, and not one of them has been clinically
> >>obese.

> > I, for one, tried a strict vegan diet for several months and
> > as a result, gained 30 lbs. Never again. I then took it all
> > off, plus a few, on a *modified* Atkins. It seems that there
> > are different types: I am the type who can benefit from a high
> > protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. I eat dark greens, and
> > reds and yellows. I'm over 60 and in relatively good health.
> >

> Being vegan, we still have to watch sugars, excess fats, exercise. A lot
> of folks are pastaerians.

Yes, of course you are right. Just because you are vegan, does not mean
you have a healthy diet (although this is easily attainable), and maybe
there are some seriously overweight vegans out there, I just haven't met
one yet.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Fred wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
>

>>Jeff Caird wrote:

says...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

>>>I, for one, tried a strict vegan diet for several months and
>>>as a result, gained 30 lbs. Never again. I then took it all
>>>off, plus a few, on a *modified* Atkins. It seems that there
>>>are different types: I am the type who can benefit from a high
>>>protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. I eat dark greens, and
>>>reds and yellows. I'm over 60 and in relatively good health.
>>>

>>Being vegan, we still have to watch sugars, excess fats, exercise. A lot
>>of folks are pastaerians.
>>

> Yes, of course you are right. Just because you are vegan, does not mean
> you have a healthy diet (although this is easily attainable), and maybe
> there are some seriously overweight vegans out there, I just haven't met
> one yet.

You haven't me my X wife. What's interesting is she eats very very
healthy, does not eat to excess, and teachers water exercise and gives
swimming lessons. The seniors that take her classes love her. The times
she got thin she fasted.

The only thing that keeps my weight under control is serious distance
running and weight training.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Fred wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
>

>>Jeff Caird wrote:

says...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

>>>I, for one, tried a strict vegan diet for several months and
>>>as a result, gained 30 lbs. Never again. I then took it all
>>>off, plus a few, on a *modified* Atkins. It seems that there
>>>are different types: I am the type who can benefit from a high
>>>protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. I eat dark greens, and
>>>reds and yellows. I'm over 60 and in relatively good health.
>>>

>>Being vegan, we still have to watch sugars, excess fats, exercise. A lot
>>of folks are pastaerians.
>>

> Yes, of course you are right. Just because you are vegan, does not mean
> you have a healthy diet (although this is easily attainable), and maybe
> there are some seriously overweight vegans out there, I just haven't met
> one yet.

You haven't met my X wife. Interestingly, she eats very healthy,not to
excess, and part time teacher water aquatics, and the seniors that take
her class love her. She says, if I can it anyone can. She's a genius at
it. The only time she got thin was when she fasted.

If I don't do serious distance running and weight training, I'll gain
weight a few pounds a month. And I eat very well.

If you look at the literature, read Hirch, who in scholarly journals
wrote that the primary factor of adult obesity was the number of fat
cells as a child. Even people like myself that are statistical
outliers, still have all their fat cells, they are just empty, begging
to be filled. Unfortunately, I was a fat little kid:-(

I wish schools really did real exercise and nutrition with young
children... T baseball, TV and video games just doesn't cut it.

Ground Beef Contains Dangerous Bacteria, Study Finds - Time Magazine Dr. Jai Maharaj[_2_] Vegan 0 24-08-2015 05:59 PM
Atkins diet Freddy Wine 11 04-04-2004 08:34 AM
The Atkins diet dude Vegan 3 07-03-2004 01:33 PM
Atkins Diet Vicky and John General Cooking 38 07-11-2003 11:17 PM