FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Female Vegetarians at Risk of Eating Disorder (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/85845-re-female-vegetarians-risk.html)

John Mayer 15-03-2006 04:38 AM

On 2003-06-22 05:29:26 -0400, (Chive Mynde) said:

> No, actually they were vegetarians who cheated.

Then they weren't vegetarians, were they, Meathead?

Notice the original message said a SMALL study. No doubt funded by the
beef industry. The fake teen girl site Zip 4 Tweens is largely
concerned with trying to equate vegetarianism, growing in popularity
with teenage girls in particular (boys mature more slowly), with eating
disorders.

Further comment on this report can be found at
<http://www.vegetarianteen.com/articles/disorders.shtml> Among other
points is the fact that young women who are anorexic will give up a
number of foods, meat included, and will often use claims of
vegetarianism to cover up their eating disorder.

I am not currently monitoring this group, so I am unlikely to see responses.

John Mayer

Anon[_3_] 15-03-2006 07:27 AM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

Why?

rick 17-03-2006 11:21 AM

"Anon" > wrote in message

> Why?

To dispell the vegan total lack of sense and understanding. Your
brainwashing spew is quite amusing, but full of lys and
delusions.

[email protected] 17-03-2006 04:02 PM

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:21:31 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

>"Anon" > wrote in message
>>

>> Why?

>To dispell the vegan total lack of sense and understanding. Your
>brainwashing spew is quite amusing, but full of lys and
>delusions.

And how many people have you convinced? Is there
even one? No.

rick 17-03-2006 04:47 PM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:21:31 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

>>"Anon" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> Why?

>>To dispell the vegan total lack of sense and understanding.
>>Your
>>brainwashing spew is quite amusing, but full of lys and
>>delusions.

> And how many people have you convinced? Is there
> even one? No.

=======================
Yes, several. Those that have an open mind to the truth. We
know that let's you out, right?

[email protected] 17-03-2006 11:54 PM

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:47:47 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>>>To dispell the vegan total lack of sense and understanding.
>>>Your
>>>brainwashing spew is quite amusing, but full of lys and
>>>delusions.

>> And how many people have you convinced? Is there
>> even one? No.

>=======================
>Yes, several. Those that have an open mind to the truth.

oh yeah, who?

> We
>know that let's you out, right?

I have already seen your bad references and lack of scientific proof,
and your admission that you are here to get attention. nufff said.

rick 18-03-2006 12:13 AM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:47:47 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..

>>> And how many people have you convinced? Is there
>>> even one? No.

>>=======================
>>Yes, several. Those that have an open mind to the truth.

> oh yeah, who?
>
>> We
>>know that let's you out, right?

> I have already seen your bad references and lack of scientific
> proof,
> and your admission that you are here to get attention. nufff
> said.
> =========================

ROTFLMAO I've backed up my claims fool.. I see that you have
nothing but lys, delusions and a simple rule for your simple
mind.

Have a nice deluded day, killer....

Anon[_2_] 18-03-2006 02:33 AM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

I would bet that it has more to do with you being lonely, bored, and
unhappy.

ink.net...

[email protected] 18-03-2006 06:36 AM

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:13:21 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>>>=======================
>>>Yes, several. Those that have an open mind to the truth.

>> oh yeah, who?

I repeat: who? The anser is no one. You have failed.

[email protected] 18-03-2006 06:38 AM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

>> =========================

>ROTFLMAO I've backed up my claims fool.. I see that you have
>nothing but lys, delusions and a simple rule for your simple
>mind.
>
>Have a nice deluded day, killer....

<Shrug> I can't argue with a nutcase.

Beach Runner[_1_] 18-03-2006 03:28 PM

Anon wrote:
> I would bet that it has more to do with you being lonely, bored, and
> unhappy.
>

> "rick" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
>>"Anon" > wrote in message
>>

>>>Why?

>>To dispell the vegan total lack of sense and understanding. Your
>>brainwashing spew is quite amusing, but full of lys and delusions.

Hi mother didn't love him, so he comes to a vegan group to get
attention. Very strange. The net was a much better place in the mid
80s when no one had to use aliases, the people were intelligent, and
none of this went on.

[email protected] 18-03-2006 04:31 PM

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:28:25 GMT, Beach Runner > wrote:

>Hi mother didn't love him, so he comes to a vegan group to get
>attention. Very strange. The net was a much better place in the mid
>80s when no one had to use aliases, the people were intelligent, and
>none of this went on.

That's true, but it was inevitable. That's why usenet has gone down
hill in general.

Beach Runner[_1_] 18-03-2006 09:27 PM

wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:28:25 GMT, Beach Runner > wrote:
>

>>Hi mother didn't love him, so he comes to a vegan group to get
>>attention. Very strange. The net was a much better place in the mid
>>80s when no one had to use aliases, the people were intelligent, and
>>none of this went on.

> That's true, but it was inevitable. That's why usenet has gone down
> hill in general.

I remember back in the 80s I came to show a graduate class at NYU the
Easy Net, where we had notes conferences and feeds from AP. People were
intelligent, and NONE of this garbage went on. Of course, we were all
Deccies at the time and there was responsibility.

I also demonstrated Newsgroups, where the signal to noise ratio wasn't
as good.

It was a great place then. While most people are of reasonable and good
people, those who seem to need attention or are anti social come here
as trouble makers. A strange new disease.

It's easy to see who they are. Brave fans go to Mets newsgroups. Anti
Vegans come here. They clearly want attention, even negative attention.

rick 21-03-2006 10:15 PM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:13:21 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:47:47 GMT, "rick" >
>>> wrote:
>>>

> wrote in message
m...

>>> oh yeah, who?

> I repeat: who? The anser is no one. You have failed.

===============================
Dodge and run little girl...

rick 21-03-2006 10:15 PM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

> wrote in message
>
>>> =========================

>>ROTFLMAO I've backed up my claims fool.. I see that you have
>>nothing but lys, delusions and a simple rule for your simple
>>mind.
>>
>>Have a nice deluded day, killer....

> <Shrug> I can't argue with a nutcase.

=========================
Yourself as case in point little-girl?

[email protected] 22-03-2006 12:42 AM

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:15:55 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>>>ROTFLMAO I've backed up my claims fool.. I see that you have
>>>nothing but lys, delusions and a simple rule for your simple
>>>mind.
>>>
>>>Have a nice deluded day, killer....

>> <Shrug> I can't argue with a nutcase.

>=========================
>Yourself as case in point little-girl?

It took him 4 days to come up with this lame stuff.
What an intellect.

rick 22-03-2006 01:45 AM

Why do you come to this newsgroup? (For non-vegans/non-veggies)

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:15:55 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..

>>> <Shrug> I can't argue with a nutcase.

>>Yourself as case in point little-girl?

> It took him 4 days to come up with this lame stuff.
> What an intellect.

No, it took 4 days to get back to the computer, fool. I have a
real life, not like you, living on the net waiting to spew your
next bit of idiocy... This is all you have after giving you 4
days to back up your ignorance? Oh, yeah, well, I quess you did.
Good Job, killer!