Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default schlosser's new book

i just finished a review copy of schlosser's new book "chew on this",
anyone else read it yet?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

I have not read it yet, but it looks like another good one. I will
definatly put it on my list. I just finished up "Fast Food Nation" I
thought that was pretty informative.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

bibliophile wrote:
> i just finished a review copy of schlosser's new book "chew on this",
> anyone else read it yet?

Since most people will not have access to review copies why don't you
tell us about the book?

Is it just a rehash of what he had to say in Fast Food Nation?

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to alt.food.vegan

from Amazon:

Book Description

Kids love fast food. And the fast food industry definitely loves kids.
It couldn"t survive without them. Did you know that the biggest toy
company in the world is McDonald"s? It"s true. In fact, one out of
every three toys given to a child in the United States each year is
from a fast food restaurant.

Not only has fast food reached into the toy industry, it"s moving into
our schools. One out of every five public schools in the United States
now serves brand name fast food. But do kids know what they"re eating?
Where do fast food hamburgers come from? And what makes those fries
taste so good?

When Eric Schlosser"s best-selling book, Fast Food Nation, was
published for adults in 2001, many called for his groundbreaking
insight to be shared with young people. Now Schlosser, along with
co-writer Charles Wilson, has investigated the subject further,
uncovering new facts children need to know.

In Chew On This, they share with kids the fascinating and sometimes
frightening truth about what lurks between those sesame seed buns, what
a chicken "nugget" really is, and how the fast food industry has been
feeding off children for generations.