Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Default Two hypochondriacs and a "vegan" sue McDonald's

Story about two people with an alleged wheat allery,
and a third person ("vegan"), suing McDonald's over the
content of their french fries, which apparently contain
wheat and dairy products:

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/1....ap/index.html

The two "victims" (huh) with so-called gluten allergies
probably should have their day in court. The "vegan"
should have her ass kicked until her nose bleeds, and
then be shot by the bailiffs. Her (figures) lawsuit is
frivolous. You don't have a right to be informed if
there is or isn't dairy in your food. If a ****witted
"vegan" ventures out in public, she pays her money and
she takes her chances. End of story.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

I agree that the mom and daughter with allergies should sue for medical
expenses. I think the vegan has just as much a right to know what is
in her food, however sueing for that is a bit rash. If you are a vegan
stay away from fast food restaurants because you never know what they
put in your food. The BK "veggie" burger has a chicken base I just
found out. The moral of the story is.. be informed don't sue, just
don't eat there again.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

I agree she suffered no real damage and every veggie should ask before
ordering. (I do)
About the allergy thing, I was saying they should sue based on what I
know of allergies. I am an allergy sufferer as well as a vegetarian
and I ask a barrage of questions before chowing down. However things
can get cross contaminated and a reaction can occur. If they didn't
have anti-histamines or epi pens handy, and the allergy is full blown
they could die. If the case is that they went to the hospital and
nearly died, I can see the law suit having some solid ground.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

McDonalds and every other fast food chain is essentially dishonest.
Any well informed Vegan should know that they fry their fries in the
same oil as their chicken nuggets and fish sandwiches. Every chain has
been secretive about what ingredients they use in their food, due to
heavy competition from other chains. McDonalds used to fry everything
in a mixture with a beef tallow base. As a vegetarian I don't eat
there and any well informed person wouldn't either. There are many
resources out there about the actions of fast food chains all one has
to do is read it. Vegans and Vegetarians need to make an informed
decision when they eat out. And I feel that she has no ground for a
suit if she was naive enough to think McDonalds just serves plain fries.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Beach Runner wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> I agree she suffered no real damage and every veggie should ask before
>> ordering. (I do)
>> About the allergy thing, I was saying they should sue based on what I
>> know of allergies. I am an allergy sufferer as well as a vegetarian
>> and I ask a barrage of questions before chowing down. However things
>> can get cross contaminated and a reaction can occur. If they didn't
>> have anti-histamines or epi pens handy, and the allergy is full blown
>> they could die. If the case is that they went to the hospital and
>> nearly died, I can see the law suit having some solid ground.
>>

> This ignores that fact that McDonalds was being purposely dishonest.

How were they? Did they say their fries contain no
wheat or dairy? You don't know that. You don't know
*any* of the facts of the case.

> If they didn't say anything that would be one matter but being purposely
> dishonest is another.

Prove they were being "purposely dishonest".

> And if Vegan is a spiritual or moral code for someone, clearly McDonalds
> violated that trust and should be liable.

The "vegan" has no case. You can hold whatever
****witted "spiritual code" you want; it is not
"violated" by McDonald's including dairy in its
products. You do not have a "right" to have your
so-called "spiritual code" respected.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

wrote:

> McDonalds and every other fast food chain is essentially dishonest.

They aren't.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Ok maybe not dishonest. Highly secretive is more like it. They don't
let out their ingredients unless they get sued.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Rita wrote:
> Ok maybe not dishonest. Highly secretive is more like it. They don't
> let out their ingredients unless they get sued.

I'm sorry, I don't believe that.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Rita wrote:
> Ok maybe not dishonest. Highly secretive is more like it. They don't
> let out their ingredients unless they get sued.

In fact, you are *comletely* wrong. It took me less than 30 seconds
after my earlier reply to find the complete - and I do mean *complete*
- ingredients list for McDonald's menu items. It's he

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_control...s.in dex.html

Here's what they say about their French Frieds:

French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef,
wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to
preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable
oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially
hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or
cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains
derivatives of wheat and dairy, but has been verified by the University
of Nebraska to be allergen and gluten free.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

If you read the article S. Maizlich posted
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/1....ap/index.html

The last line says:

"Before its acknowledgment Monday, the company had quietly added
"Contains wheat and milk ingredients" to the french fries listing on
its Web site."

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

wrote:
> If you read the article S. Maizlich posted

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/1....ap/index.html

> The last line says:
>
> "Before its acknowledgment Monday, the company had quietly added
> "Contains wheat and milk ingredients" to the french fries listing on
> its Web site."

How long before? And why did the left-leaning CNN feel it necessary to
editorialize "quietly"? Naturally, they don't *say* how long, probably
because they don't know, but they're clearly trying to create the
impression that McDonald's did something sneaky. Maybe McD's *did* do
something sneaky, but CNN doesn't know that, and has no reason to
believe it...except for their political orientation.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Leif Erikson wrote:
> Rita wrote:
> > Ok maybe not dishonest. Highly secretive is more like it. They don't
> > let out their ingredients unless they get sued.

> I'm sorry, I don't believe that.

You don't believe anything.

You are an intellectual black hole.

Stuff goes in but nothing *ever* comes out........nothing worth noting
anyway.

So just shut-up, pack up your various nyms, and bugger off.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message oups.com...
> wrote:
> > If you read the article S. Maizlich posted

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/1....ap/index.html

> > The last line says:
> >
> > "Before its acknowledgment Monday, the company had quietly added
> > "Contains wheat and milk ingredients" to the french fries listing on
> > its Web site."

> How long before? And why did the left-leaning CNN feel it necessary to
> editorialize "quietly"? Naturally, they don't *say* how long, probably
> because they don't know, but they're clearly trying to create the
> impression that McDonald's did something sneaky. Maybe McD's *did* do
> something sneaky, but CNN doesn't know that, and has no reason to
> believe it...except for their political orientation.

The last update edit that shows up on the web archive is "Mar 30, 2005 *" -
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...s.in dex.html

'French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source),
dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked
in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated
soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially
hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or
corn oil).
This list is effective 03-21-2005.
http://web.archive.org/web/200503300...s.in dex.html

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

S. Maizlich wrote:
> Beach Runner wrote:
> >

> > wrote:
> >
> >> I agree she suffered no real damage and every veggie should ask before
> >> ordering. (I do)
> >> About the allergy thing, I was saying they should sue based on what I
> >> know of allergies. I am an allergy sufferer as well as a vegetarian
> >> and I ask a barrage of questions before chowing down. However things
> >> can get cross contaminated and a reaction can occur. If they didn't
> >> have anti-histamines or epi pens handy, and the allergy is full blown
> >> they could die. If the case is that they went to the hospital and
> >> nearly died, I can see the law suit having some solid ground.
> >>

> > This ignores that fact that McDonalds was being purposely dishonest.

> How were they? Did they say their fries contain no
> wheat or dairy? You don't know that. You don't know
> *any* of the facts of the case.
>

> > If they didn't say anything that would be one matter but being purposely
> > dishonest is another.

> Prove they were being "purposely dishonest".
>

> > And if Vegan is a spiritual or moral code for someone, clearly McDonalds
> > violated that trust and should be liable.

> The "vegan" has no case. You can hold whatever
> ****witted "spiritual code" you want; it is not
> "violated" by McDonald's including dairy in its
> products. You do not have a "right" to have your
> so-called "spiritual code" respected.

If you enquire whether a product is vegan and you are told
that it is then you are morally entitled to expect it to be vegan.
Making false claims about the products you sell is unethical
and, quite rightly, illegal. Whether or not that was what
happened I don't know. If the vegan simply assumed the fries
were vegan without actually being told so then she has no
case. Exactly the same applies to the hypochondriacs.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

wrote:

>>>If you read the article S. Maizlich posted
>>>http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/1....ap/index.html
>>>
>>>The last line says:
>>>
>>>"Before its acknowledgment Monday, the company had quietly added
>>>"Contains wheat and milk ingredients" to the french fries listing on
>>>its Web site."

>>How long before? And why did the left-leaning CNN feel it necessary to
>>editorialize "quietly"? Naturally, they don't *say* how long, probably
>>because they don't know, but they're clearly trying to create the
>>impression that McDonald's did something sneaky. Maybe McD's *did* do
>>something sneaky, but CNN doesn't know that, and has no reason to
>>believe it...except for their political orientation.

> The last update edit that shows up on the web archive is "Mar 30, 2005 *" -
> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...s.in dex.html
>
> 'French Fries:
> Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source),
> dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked
> in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated
> soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially
> hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or
> corn oil).

You stupid, STUPID ****ing ****: the link shown is
what it was BEFORE the update.

Sweet ****ing jesus in a chicken basket, you ugly ****
- you really *work* at being stupid.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

In article .com>,
says...

wrote:

> > > How were they? Did they say their fries contain no
> > > wheat or dairy? You don't know that. You don't know
> > > *any* of the facts of the case.

> > > Prove they were being "purposely dishonest".

> > > The "vegan" has no case. You can hold whatever
> > > ****witted "spiritual code" you want; it is not
> > > "violated" by McDonald's including dairy in its
> > > products. You do not have a "right" to have your
> > > so-called "spiritual code" respected.

> > If you enquire whether a product is vegan and you are told
> > that it is then you are morally entitled to expect it to be vegan.
> > Making false claims about the products you sell is unethical
> > and, quite rightly, illegal. Whether or not that was what
> > happened I don't know. If the vegan simply assumed the fries
> > were vegan without actually being told so then she has no
> > case. Exactly the same applies to the hypochondriacs.

> The "vegan" has no case. She suffered no damages.

The vegan should be thankful to be able to eat such tasty fries!
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message nk.net...
> pearl wrote:

> >>How long before? And why did the left-leaning CNN feel it necessary to
> >>editorialize "quietly"? Naturally, they don't *say* how long, probably
> >>because they don't know, but they're clearly trying to create the
> >>impression that McDonald's did something sneaky. Maybe McD's *did* do
> >>something sneaky, but CNN doesn't know that, and has no reason to
> >>believe it...except for their political orientation.

> > The last update edit that shows up on the web archive is "Mar 30, 2005 *" -
> > http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...s.in dex.html
> >
> > 'French Fries:
> > Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source),
> > dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked
> > in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated
> > soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially
> > hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or
> > corn oil).

> the link shown is what it was BEFORE the update.

'* denotes when site was updated'. 1. Has it, or has it not
been updated since Mar 30, 2005? 2. That was the last update
(that shows up), but where do you see "Contains derivatives
of wheat and dairy, but has been verified by the University of
Nebraska to be allergen and gluten free" as in the version you
posted, or as it now, since updated again 2.21.06 (correctly)
states: "Contains derivatives of wheat and dairy."? (doh!)
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_control...s.in dex.html

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

wrote:

>>>The last update edit that shows up on the web archive is "Mar 30, 2005 *" -
>>>http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...s.in dex.html
>>>
>>>'French Fries:
>>>Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source),
>>>dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked
>>>in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated
>>>soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially
>>>hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or
>>>corn oil).

>> the link shown is what it was BEFORE the update.

> '* denotes when site was updated'. 1. Has it, or has it not
> been updated since Mar 30, 2005?

NO, you goddamned ****ing shit4braincell moron. That
link dated Mar 30 2005 is to what it was BEFORE the
update. There would be no need for them to archive
what it is *now*, you colossal piece of shit, until
it's changed again.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Leif Erikson wrote:
> pearl wrote:

> >>How long before? And why did the left-leaning CNN feel it necessary to
> >>editorialize "quietly"? Naturally, they don't *say* how long, probably
> >>because they don't know, but they're clearly trying to create the
> >>impression that McDonald's did something sneaky. Maybe McD's *did* do
> >>something sneaky, but CNN doesn't know that, and has no reason to
> >>believe it...except for their political orientation.

> > The last update edit that shows up on the web archive is "Mar 30, 2005 *" -
> > http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...s.in dex.html
> >
> > 'French Fries:
> > Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source),
> > dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked
> > in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated
> > soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially
> > hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or
> > corn oil).

> You stupid, STUPID ****ing ****: the link shown is
> what it was BEFORE the update.
>
> Sweet ****ing jesus in a chicken basket, you ugly ****
> - you really *work* at being stupid.

LOL!!!

Why not take some time off and laze about inventing some new words
Goober?

You're overwrought and charging around squealing and shrieking like
you've been shot.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

wrote:

> > > If you enquire whether a product is vegan and you are told
> > > that it is then you are morally entitled to expect it to be vegan.
> > > Making false claims about the products you sell is unethical
> > > and, quite rightly, illegal. Whether or not that was what
> > > happened I don't know. If the vegan simply assumed the fries
> > > were vegan without actually being told so then she has no
> > > case. Exactly the same applies to the hypochondriacs.

> > The "vegan" has no case. She suffered no damages.
> >

> The vegan should be thankful to be able to eat such tasty fries!

Do you think individuals should have the right to decide what they
do or do not eat, John?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

oups.com...

wrote:

>> > The "vegan" has no case. She suffered no damages.
>> >

>> The vegan should be thankful to be able to eat such tasty
>> fries!

> Do you think individuals should have the right to decide what
> they
> do or do not eat, John?

======================
Where was anybodys right to eat what they choose denied?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

wrote:

> >> The vegan should be thankful to be able to eat such tasty
> >> fries!

> > Do you think individuals should have the right to decide what
> > they
> > do or do not eat, John?

> ======================
> Where was anybodys right to eat what they choose denied?

I don't know that it has been in this case. presumably the vegan
decided to sue because she felt her freedom to not eat dairy had
been compromised. Although I realise John's comment was
probably tounge in cheek the general tone of their posts make me
wonder whether John or Maizlich really respect people's right to
choose not to eat animal products.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

John Wesley wrote:

> In article . com>,
> says...
>
>>McDonalds and every other fast food chain is essentially dishonest.
>>Any well informed Vegan should know that they fry their fries in the
>>same oil as their chicken nuggets and fish sandwiches. Every chain has
>>been secretive about what ingredients they use in their food, due to
>>heavy competition from other chains. McDonalds used to fry everything
>>in a mixture with a beef tallow base. As a vegetarian I don't eat
>>there and any well informed person wouldn't either. There are many
>>resources out there about the actions of fast food chains all one has
>>to do is read it. Vegans and Vegetarians need to make an informed
>>decision when they eat out. And I feel that she has no ground for a
>>suit if she was naive enough to think McDonalds just serves plain fries.
>>

> I think vegans and vegetarians should just stay home and eat. They
> usually are hippies who don't bathe and they stink and I don't want to
> smell them. Also the women don't shave thier legs and that is really
> nasty.

Like my uncle years back after Debakey did early heart surgery and sent
him to the Pritikin institute? Or myself, an engineer with a major
company and worked for years on a classified project. Discrimination
prevents you from having to think.