Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

Default ¿¿¿That ever elusive wrongness???

****wit David Harrison, ignorant cracker pig-****er, lied:

wrote:

>>> Only if you can explain how you think they could possibly learn about
>>>it. We raised and killed pigs and chickens for years, and killed them right
>>>in front of each other, and none of them ever learned to be afraid of
>>>death even after seeing it happen to their siblings and offspring, so you
>>>will really need to come up with a good one before I'll believe animals who
>>>have never even seen it somehow know to fear death.

>>> As yet we don't know exactly what that "harm" is. They are not being
>>>cheated out of life because they are raised for food, as your accusation
>>>suggests to me. So far exactly WHY it's wrong has yet to be explained.
>>>

>>Of course death harms them. If we raised and killed humans for food, we
>>would be harming them by killing them.

> Whatever you are saying is the harm, it is NOT that it would cheat them
> out of life.

Prove it.

> Instead they would experience whatever life they did experience
> --good OR bad!--as a result of it.

Morally meaningless. But *YOU*, you stupid pig-****ing
cracker, think that "getting to experience life" is a
good thing per se. You are wrong.

>>> Not to me. To me it would be better to raise and eat animals, in large
>>>part because they could be provided with better lives.
>>>

>>I don't see any particular evidence for that.

> I do.

No, you don't. You merely think, wrongly, that
"getting to experience life" is a benefit for them.

>>Is that the only reason
>>you can come up with?

> Humans grow too slowly.

Bad reasoning.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

Default ¿¿¿That ever elusive wrongness??? is not elusive at all

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:10:41 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:44:13 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>>

>>><dh@.> wrote

>>>True, but ARAs only think some of them are wrong.

>>>Not me,

>> Maybe not.

>Definitely not.
>
>>>those are AR ideas,

>> They are your/"ar" ideas.

>They are not my ideas. You asked about the wrongness, I told you about it.
>
>>>and why are they grotesque?

>> Because just not caring about the deaths you/"they" contribute to is
>> no better than meat consumers not caring either...

>Why don't hear you calling meat eaters grotesque?
>
>>>Misguided is more
>>>like it. It's the LoL that rates as "grotesque".

>> ...and worse than wanting to provide lives of positive value and humane
>> deaths, ie the LoL, ie decent AW. What makes it grotesque imo is that
>> you/"they" oppose decent AW, regardless of how good you/"they" think
>> your reason is for opposing it.

>Your LoL is not AW, it's a perversion of ultilitarian AR.
>
>>>And why did you play dumb and pretend that the "wrongness" is an elusive
>>>idea when we all have known all along what ARAs think it is?

>> Because as yet we don't know WHY "aras" think that raising and killing
>> animals for food is wrong.

>Yes we do, we just don't buy it. Not knowing what an idea is and not
>agreeing with it are completely different things.

None of you are able to explain exactly why it's wrong to raise them
for food. The only apparent reason would be that you/"they" incorrectly
believe that it somehow cheats them out of life they otherwise would
have, but that would be stupid to think because there is no such option.
So, since the reason WHY it's wrong to kill them can NOT be that it
cheats them out of life, we still do NOT know exactly WHY you/"aras"
are saying it's wrong to raise them for food.

>>>Why didn't you
>>>just state that their idea of "wrongness" is selective and self-serving?
>>>
>>>And why did you snip my post in such a way to leave the impression that I
>>>was submitting those points as my own ideas?

>> You agree with them or you wouldn't have presented them in opposition
>> to decent AW.

>I don't agree with them and I don't oppose decent AW. Why can't you address
>my actual opposition to the LoL?

You advocate "ar" over deliberate decent AW, which "aras" call the LoL.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

wrote:

> >> Only if you can explain how you think they could possibly learn about
> >> it. We raised and killed pigs and chickens for years, and killed them right
> >> in front of each other, and none of them ever learned to be afraid of
> >> death even after seeing it happen to their siblings and offspring, so you
> >> will really need to come up with a good one before I'll believe animals who
> >> have never even seen it somehow know to fear death.

> >> As yet we don't know exactly what that "harm" is. They are not being
> >> cheated out of life because they are raised for food, as your accusation
> >> suggests to me. So far exactly WHY it's wrong has yet to be explained.
> >>

> >Of course death harms them. If we raised and killed humans for food, we
> >would be harming them by killing them.

> Whatever you are saying is the harm, it is NOT that it would cheat them
> out of life. Instead they would experience whatever life they did experience
> --good OR bad!--as a result of it.
>
> >It's the same with animals.

> Yes.

> >> Not to me. To me it would be better to raise and eat animals, in large
> >> part because they could be provided with better lives.
> >>

> >I don't see any particular evidence for that.

> I do. They don't require as much in order to be healthy and content.
> How could you overlook that?
>
> >Is that the only reason
> >you can come up with?

> Humans grow too slowly. They require too much care for too long
> while young. They take too long to reach the age where they can
> reproduce. Those are other reasons. There are more, but that is more
> than enough right there for me to promote raising animals for food over
> raising humans.

But if we could provide the humans with good lives, then it would be
fine?

If you really think that, I don't know whether I have anything more to
say. Moral argument has to stop somewhere.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

On 24 Feb 2006 00:36:16 -0800, wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>
>> Humans grow too slowly. They require too much care for too long
>> while young. They take too long to reach the age where they can
>> reproduce. Those are other reasons. There are more, but that is more
>> than enough right there for me to promote raising animals for food over
>> raising humans.
>>

>But if we could provide the humans with good lives, then it would be
>fine?

It depends on the details like I told you to begin with. We ARE in that
situation right now. You're alive, but you will eventually be killed by
something, and your body will be consumed. Is that "fine" or not?
If not, then what solution(s) can you think of?

>If you really think that, I don't know whether I have anything more to
>say. Moral argument has to stop somewhere.

Can you really ask yourself if you would say no to raising humans
for food only out of consideration for "them"? I don't believe you
can, because if you were able to you would have to at least give
SOME!!! consideration to what their lives would be like!!! The same
is true in regards to the animals that we DO raise of food. Moral
argument has to stop somewhere? What makes you think it has
even begun? Maybe you feel that any sort of pre-determined life
span somehow makes life not worth living, or something like that?
If so then please say so and support the feeling.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

dh@. wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2006 00:36:16 -0800, wrote:
>

> >dh@. wrote:
> >
> >> Humans grow too slowly. They require too much care for too long
> >> while young. They take too long to reach the age where they can
> >> reproduce. Those are other reasons. There are more, but that is more
> >> than enough right there for me to promote raising animals for food over
> >> raising humans.
> >>

> >But if we could provide the humans with good lives, then it would be
> >fine?

> It depends on the details like I told you to begin with. We ARE in that
> situation right now.

No, we're not. I was speaking of humans being raised for food, and
killed by other human beings before their natural death.

> You're alive, but you will eventually be killed by
> something, and your body will be consumed. Is that "fine" or not?
> If not, then what solution(s) can you think of?
>
> >If you really think that, I don't know whether I have anything more to
> >say. Moral argument has to stop somewhere.

> Can you really ask yourself if you would say no to raising humans
> for food only out of consideration for "them"?

I would object to it because it would involve violations of the right
to life.

> I don't believe you
> can, because if you were able to you would have to at least give
> SOME!!! consideration to what their lives would be like!!! The same
> is true in regards to the animals that we DO raise of food. Moral
> argument has to stop somewhere? What makes you think it has
> even begun? Maybe you feel that any sort of pre-determined life
> span somehow makes life not worth living, or something like that?
> If so then please say so and support the feeling.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

wrote:

>> >But if we could provide the humans with good lives, then it would be
>> >fine?

>> It depends on the details like I told you to begin with. We ARE in that
>> situation right now.

>No, we're not.
>
>I was speaking of humans being raised for food, and
>killed by other human beings before their natural death.

How long would they live? How would they be raised? What would they
be fed? Who would care for them as infants? How long would the breeders
live? What would they be taught?

>> You're alive, but you will eventually be killed by
>> something, and your body will be consumed. Is that "fine" or not?
>> If not, then what solution(s) can you think of?
>>
>> >If you really think that, I don't know whether I have anything more to
>> >say. Moral argument has to stop somewhere.

>> Can you really ask yourself if you would say no to raising humans
>> for food only out of consideration for "them"?

>I would object to it because it would involve violations of the right
>to life.

Totally lame on your part.

>> I don't believe you
>> can, because if you were able to you would have to at least give
>> SOME!!! consideration to what their lives would be like!!! The same
>> is true in regards to the animals that we DO raise of food. Moral
>> argument has to stop somewhere? What makes you think it has
>> even begun? Maybe you feel that any sort of pre-determined life
>> span somehow makes life not worth living, or something like that?
>> If so then please say so and support the feeling.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

On 24 Feb 2006 Goo wrote:

>Most people will *not* be "killed" in the normal, everyday sense that
>most intelligent people use that word - and you know this.

I know most people suffer longer than most livestock who are
slaughtered Goo. Why do you think that means we should stop
raising livestock?
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

wrote:

> >> It depends on the details like I told you to begin with. We ARE in that
> >> situation right now.

> >No, we're not.
> >
> >I was speaking of humans being raised for food, and
> >killed by other human beings before their natural death.

> How long would they live? How would they be raised? What would they
> be fed? Who would care for them as infants? How long would the breeders
> live? What would they be taught?

I don't know. Do the answers to these questions somehow affect the
morality of the practice?

> >> You're alive, but you will eventually be killed by
> >> something, and your body will be consumed. Is that "fine" or not?
> >> If not, then what solution(s) can you think of?

> >> Can you really ask yourself if you would say no to raising humans
> >> for food only out of consideration for "them"?

> >I would object to it because it would involve violations of the right
> >to life.

> Totally lame on your part.

I would have thought it was fairly reasonable. Why do you think it's
lame?

> >> I don't believe you
> >> can, because if you were able to you would have to at least give
> >> SOME!!! consideration to what their lives would be like!!! The same
> >> is true in regards to the animals that we DO raise of food. Moral
> >> argument has to stop somewhere? What makes you think it has
> >> even begun? Maybe you feel that any sort of pre-determined life
> >> span somehow makes life not worth living, or something like that?
> >> If so then please say so and support the feeling.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

Default Goo on killing

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 Goo wrote:

>****wit David Harrison, lying cracker in Buford, GA, lied:

>>Goo wrote:

>>>"Kill" is reserved for accidents, deliberate human
>>>killing, and killing by animals; possibly a few other means,

>> Like being killed by cancer, or a heart attack, or a stroke, or
>> emphysema...

>No. One is not "killed by" those things,

Even though this is apparently something else you're just too
stupid to grasp, ones who are killed by them are killed by them,
Goo. Every one of them in fact. A person killed by anything, is
ALWAYS killed by it. The same is true of animals, Goo.

>****wit. One dies from them.

Ones die from them ONLY when those things kill people, but
never when they don't kill them. It seems even a person as stupid
as yourself should be able to grasp that, but no.

>Your usage is not standard,

LOL! It is for a lot of people who know others that were killed by
cancer, or a heart attack, or a stroke, or emphysema... For example:
both my parents were killed by cancer, and it killed them by causing
specific functions of their bodies to fail. Not only are people aware
that cancer kills others Goo, but they are even aware of HOW:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oogle+ Search

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 525 for "how cancer kills". (0.09 seconds)
[...]

>and in fact it is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

You who say things that kill people do not kill them, is making an
obvious deliberate attempt to mislead Goober.