FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   favorite salad dressings? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/80084-favorite-salad-dressings.html)

[email protected] 29-01-2006 12:20 PM

favorite salad dressings?

What are your favorite salad dressings and brands of dressings?
I just tried "Newmans Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette."
It's the best salad dressing I've ever had. It tastes sort of similar
to Italian, but much better. It's so full of flavor and spices. Are all
the Newman's Own dressings really good? This is the only one I've
tried. Is it the best balsamic vinaigrette? Other dressings I like are
Caesar, bacon ranch, and French. But I've only tried less than 10
different kinds.

At the other end, the worst I tried was fat free thousand island
dressing made by Kraft or Ralphs. I forgette which. It was bad.

[email protected] 29-01-2006 08:18 PM

favorite salad dressings?

wrote:
> What are your favorite salad dressings and brands of dressings?
> I just tried "Newmans Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette."
> It's the best salad dressing I've ever had. It tastes sort of similar
> to Italian, but much better. It's so full of flavor and spices. Are all
> the Newman's Own dressings really good? This is the only one I've
> tried. Is it the best balsamic vinaigrette? Other dressings I like are
> Caesar, bacon ranch, and French. But I've only tried less than 10
> different kinds.
>
> At the other end, the worst I tried was fat free thousand island
> dressing made by Kraft or Ralphs. I forgette which. It was bad.

3 oz. Omega Nutrition Canola Oil
1 oz White vinegar
1 tbsp San Jay Tamari
1 pinch salt
ground black pepper to taste

It has to be shaken or whisked before each use and shouldn't be put on
salad until serving as there is no emulifier and will separate easily.

It is however the very best salad dressing I have ever had.

[email protected] 30-01-2006 03:24 AM

favorite salad dressings?

Opting for the more natural options will always taste better! My
favorites are Annie's Naturals, particularly the Shiitake & Sesame and
I think it is the Basil Garlic that is "creamy". Give those a shot.
Also, there is a big listing of natural salad dressings, marked if they
are vegan, at
http://www.godairyfree.org/productli..._dressings.htm

Superstar 30-01-2006 03:31 AM

favorite salad dressings?

I prefer the natural varieties. My favorites are Annie's Naturals,
particularly the Shiitake Sesame and the Basil & Garlic (a good
"creamy" vegan dressing). Annie's goes on sale for a very reasonable
price all the time, but it is usually hidden in the natural foods.
There is also a big list of salad dressings, with a special note for
vegan varieties, at
http://www.godairyfree.org/productli..._dressings.htm