Posted to alt.food.vegan
Richard Miller

Default Starches

How much rice, potatoes, and pasta should you eat per week. I think pasta
should be once a week but I'm not sure about rice and potatoes. Anyone
knows?

Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Steve

Richard Miller wrote:
> How much rice, potatoes, and pasta should you eat per week. I think pasta
> should be once a week but I'm not sure about rice and potatoes. Anyone
> knows?

There is no RDA for "starch" or carbohydrates, which are basically fuel.

If you stay away from refined carbs ( things made out of white flour,
white rice, sweeteners, etc .. ) I ( who am not a degreed expert ) would
say eat all you want if you are happy with your weight.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Richard Miller wrote:
> How much rice, potatoes, and pasta should you eat per week. I think pasta
> should be once a week but I'm not sure about rice and potatoes. Anyone
> knows?
>
> Richard

try bulgur wheat. Vitamins, minerals, and lots of fibre.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

Richard Miller wrote:
> How much rice, potatoes, and pasta should you eat per week. I think pasta
> should be once a week but I'm not sure about rice and potatoes. Anyone
> knows?

There isn't an RDA for any of these foods. I am not qualified to offer
dietary advice but the consensus opinion seems to be that refined
grains like white rice and white pasta should be used sparingly and
wholegrains (a category that includes wholewheat pasta and brown rice)
should be a staple part of your diet. I'm not sure about potatoes. For
some
reason the Harvard School of Public Health lumps them in with
the refined grains.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio.../pyramids.html

starches foods riche Diabetic 1 02-10-2014 08:07 AM
Dinner tonight -- back to limited starches chez modom modom (palindrome guy) General Cooking 0 27-11-2006 01:03 AM