Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

Default Can we do better?

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Dutch wrote:
>
> [cut]
>
>> There are no "meat industry shills" here. You know it, stop lying.

> Did not expect a meat industry shill like you to admit to it, stop
> shilling

There are no "meat industry shills" here. You know it, stop lying.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

"shrubkiller" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Dutch wrote:
>> > wrote
>> > This is why I am a gutless punk and shitbag

>> Good point, I'll second that.

> Atta boy Dutch! Kiss ~jonnie's~ stinky bum right down there near the
> brown spot.

Hey GregGeorge, how's the online dating scene going?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

"shrubkiller" > wrote

> Dutch wrote:
>> > wrote

>> > Did not expect a meat industry shill like you to admit to it

>> There are no "meat industry shills" here. You know it, stop lying.

> Only someone trying to hide the fact that there are meat industry
> shills operating here *would* say that.

There are no "meat industry shills" here. You know it, stop lying.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Dutch wrote:

> >> There are no "meat industry shills" here. You know it, stop lying.

> > Only someone trying to hide the fact that there are meat industry
> > shills operating here *would* say that.

> There are no "meat industry shills" here. You know it, stop lying.

When will you stop shilling for the meat industry?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
shrubkiller

Dutch wrote:
> "shrubkiller" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

> >> Good point, I'll second that.

> > Atta boy Dutch! Kiss ~jonnie's~ stinky bum right down there near the
> > brown spot.

> Hey GregGeorge, how's the online dating scene going?

Great!

I've lined you and Goober up with two 300 lb biker types who are into
fisting.

enjoy!;o)

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

wrote:

> > > That is exactly what I hoped for.

> > What? A reputation as someone whose posts aren't worth reading?

> Why would you want to read my exchanges of insults with meant industry
> shills especially I repost the same and I might say very appropriate
> response to them?

Well now you put it like that I'm feeling a little stupid for asking.

> > > I did post some ideas and experiences of my own but I got swamped by
> > > meat industry shills

> > What evidence do you have that they are shills?

> Why would anyone other than meat industry shills come to
> "alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian" and insult people for their concerns
> for the cruel and unsanitary practices of meat industry?

I can't answer that for them but the theory that they are meat industry
shills needs to be discarded because it doesn't fit the facts.
It is highly questionable whether this newsgroup has a large enough
readership for any of the posters to 'earn' their wages by posting
here.
Dutch and "Leif" both spend a great deal of time arguing with a fellow
opponent of animals rights/veg*nsim (dhld) and also occasionally
concede points that I don't think the meat industry would want
a paid shill to concede. Sorry don't have examples to hand but I
think you will see some yourself if you stick around long enough.

Rick = paid meat industry shill is slightly more plausible because
he can at least be relied upon for kneejerk reaction to anything that
shows the slightest sympathy for AR causes. Even so he I don't
think he writes like a shill would.

> > > who do not wish to allow a dialog along those
> > > lines.

> > What evidence do you have that they are not interested in
> > meanigful dialogue? You haven't exactly tried to engage them in such.

> They responded with insults to my very first post and that is what I
> see them doing to others who have expressed concerns for the cruel and
> unsanitary practices of meat industry.

I wonder if this is how a real meat industry shill would behave?
If the object is to convert people into eating meat which strategy
would
represent the better chance of success; peppering them with insults or
promoting authoratative sounding propoganda with references and
pictures?

Also consider that Rick promotes the benefits of grass fed beef over
regular beef, hardly something the major beef producers would pay him
to do.

> > > Also, I am not near as knowledgeable about animal ethics and
> > > vegetarianism as you are

> > I wouldn't be so sure of that.

> How is that?

Most of what I know comes from reading literature and this
newsgroup so I'd hardly claim to be any sort of an expert.

> > > but I am a contributor (minor) to animal
> > > welfare organizations

> > Good for you.
> >
> > > and have learned a lot from their publications.

> > Do you trust these organisations to give complete, accurate
> > and unbiased information?

> They document their reports and support them with photos and videos.

Sure but they still select which pieces of information make it into
their literature. I'm not saying they're lying or should be discarded
entirely but they should be treated with caution especially when the
reasons for promoting the cause don't match the reasons for opposing
it. For example "Eating animals is bad for you because..." from an
organisation that considers eating animals to be morally wrong or
"animal experimentation is based on bad science" from an organisation
that would stil, be against these experiments if they knew the above
statement was false.

> > > Under these circumstances, I do what I can to respond to meat industry
> > > shill insults with a minimum amount of effort on my part.

> > Why do you need to respond at all? If you are only interested in
> > sharing ideas and experiences with like minded people why don't you
> > ignore Dutch, Rick and Leif altogether and focus your attentions on
> > Pearl, Derek, Glorfindel, Beach Runner, Ron and Steve?

> Because that would allow them to be insulting without getting an
> appropriate response. I just took their (Dutch==Rick==Leif Erikson)
> forgeries and turned them back on them. It is all done and all I have
> to do is to fire it back when they do dirt. One thing about them Jews,
> they got it right about that "eye for an eye" thing.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

oups.com...

wrote:

>> > What? A reputation as someone whose posts aren't worth
>> > reading?

>> Why would you want to read my exchanges of insults with meant
>> industry
>> shills especially I repost the same and I might say very
>> appropriate
>> response to them?

> Well now you put it like that I'm feeling a little stupid for
> asking.

>> > What evidence do you have that they are shills?

>> Why would anyone other than meat industry shills come to
>> "alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian" and insult people for their
>> concerns
>> for the cruel and unsanitary practices of meat industry?

> I can't answer that for them but the theory that they are meat
> industry
> shills needs to be discarded because it doesn't fit the facts.
> It is highly questionable whether this newsgroup has a large
> enough
> readership for any of the posters to 'earn' their wages by
> posting
> here.
> Dutch and "Leif" both spend a great deal of time arguing with a
> fellow
> opponent of animals rights/veg*nsim (dhld) and also
> occasionally
> concede points that I don't think the meat industry would want
> a paid shill to concede. Sorry don't have examples to hand but
> think you will see some yourself if you stick around long
> enough.
>
> Rick = paid meat industry shill is slightly more plausible
> because
> he can at least be relied upon for kneejerk reaction to
> anything that
> shows the slightest sympathy for AR causes.

=============================
Really? No, the reactions are to vegan hypocrisy run amok. They
rant about a product that they have no impact on making changes
to. On the other hand, I have posted many times that i do not
buy grain-fed, chemical laced meat from what the loons describe
as factory-farmed. I make an impact on the industry that
hypocritical loons like bpg.. rant about and have no impact on
making changes to.

Even so he I don't
> think he writes like a shill would.

=========================
Think about it, if anyone here is a shill for some 'industry'
it's bpg. He rants agains't an industry to the point of idiocy.
He has no discussions with anyone, just his spew.

>> > What evidence do you have that they are not interested in
>> > meanigful dialogue? You haven't exactly tried to engage them
>> > in such.

>> They responded with insults to my very first post and that is
>> what I
>> see them doing to others who have expressed concerns for the
>> cruel and
>> unsanitary practices of meat industry.

> I wonder if this is how a real meat industry shill would
> behave?
> If the object is to convert people into eating meat which
> strategy
> would
> represent the better chance of success; peppering them with
> insults or
> promoting authoratative sounding propoganda with references and
> pictures?
>
> Also consider that Rick promotes the benefits of grass fed beef
> over
> regular beef, hardly something the major beef producers would
> pay him
> to do.

==========================
To the braindead loons like bpg, all meat is labeled as being
produced the same. They then promote the fantasy that veggies
can be grown cruelty-free in quantities that will feed them and
the world.

>> > I wouldn't be so sure of that.

>> How is that?

> Most of what I know comes from reading literature and this
> newsgroup so I'd hardly claim to be any sort of an expert.

===================
LOL Just listen to bpg, he'll tell you all the 'expert' info you
need, as long as the truth isn't on your list.

>> > Good for you.

>> > Do you trust these organisations to give complete, accurate
>> > and unbiased information?

>> They document their reports and support them with photos and
>> videos.

> Sure but they still select which pieces of information make it
> into
> their literature. I'm not saying they're lying or should be
> discarded
> entirely but they should be treated with caution especially
> when the
> reasons for promoting the cause don't match the reasons for
> opposing
> it. For example "Eating animals is bad for you because..." from
> an
> organisation that considers eating animals to be morally wrong
> or
> "animal experimentation is based on bad science" from an
> organisation
> that would stil, be against these experiments if they knew the
> above
> statement was false.

====================
They've also been known to fake pics and videos to seperate the
rubes from their money...

>> > Why do you need to respond at all? If you are only
>> > interested in
>> > sharing ideas and experiences with like minded people why
>> > don't you
>> > ignore Dutch, Rick and Leif altogether and focus your
>> > attentions on
>> > Pearl, Derek, Glorfindel, Beach Runner, Ron and Steve?

======================
He can't. he has nothing real to say. He just like his
hatred...

>> Because that would allow them to be insulting without getting
>> an
>> appropriate response. I just took their (Dutch==Rick==Leif
>> Erikson)
>> forgeries and turned them back on them. It is all done and all
>> I have
>> to do is to fire it back when they do dirt. One thing about
>> them Jews,
>> they got it right about that "eye for an eye" thing.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

wrote:

> >> Why would you want to read my exchanges of insults with meant
> >> industry
> >> shills especially I repost the same and I might say very
> >> appropriate
> >> response to them?

> > Well now you put it like that I'm feeling a little stupid for
> > asking.

> >> Why would anyone other than meat industry shills come to
> >> "alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian" and insult people for their
> >> concerns
> >> for the cruel and unsanitary practices of meat industry?

> > I can't answer that for them but the theory that they are meat
> > industry
> > shills needs to be discarded because it doesn't fit the facts.
> > It is highly questionable whether this newsgroup has a large
> > enough
> > readership for any of the posters to 'earn' their wages by
> > posting
> > here.
> > Dutch and "Leif" both spend a great deal of time arguing with a
> > fellow
> > opponent of animals rights/veg*nsim (dhld) and also
> > occasionally
> > concede points that I don't think the meat industry would want
> > a paid shill to concede. Sorry don't have examples to hand but
> > think you will see some yourself if you stick around long
> > enough.
> >
> > Rick = paid meat industry shill is slightly more plausible
> > because
> > he can at least be relied upon for kneejerk reaction to
> > anything that
> > shows the slightest sympathy for AR causes.

> =============================
> Really? No, the reactions are to vegan hypocrisy run amok. They
> rant about a product that they have no impact on making changes
> to. On the other hand, I have posted many times that i do not
> buy grain-fed, chemical laced meat from what the loons describe
> as factory-farmed. I make an impact on the industry that
> hypocritical loons like bpg.. rant about and have no impact on
> making changes to.

If you do not buy grain fed, chemically laced meat then you have
about the same impact upon the industries that produce it as
vegans do. Your consumption of grass-fed beef helps support
the producers of grass-fed beef, a seperate industry that
produces a similar product.

> Even so he I don't
> > think he writes like a shill would.

> =========================
> Think about it, if anyone here is a shill for some 'industry'
> it's bpg. He rants agains't an industry to the point of idiocy.
> He has no discussions with anyone, just his spew.

> >> They responded with insults to my very first post and that is
> >> what I
> >> see them doing to others who have expressed concerns for the
> >> cruel and
> >> unsanitary practices of meat industry.

> > I wonder if this is how a real meat industry shill would
> > behave?
> > If the object is to convert people into eating meat which
> > strategy
> > would
> > represent the better chance of success; peppering them with
> > insults or
> > promoting authoratative sounding propoganda with references and
> > pictures?
> >
> > Also consider that Rick promotes the benefits of grass fed beef
> > over
> > regular beef, hardly something the major beef producers would
> > pay him
> > to do.

> ==========================
> To the braindead loons like bpg, all meat is labeled as being
> produced the same. They then promote the fantasy that veggies
> can be grown cruelty-free in quantities that will feed them and
> the world.

> >> How is that?

> > Most of what I know comes from reading literature and this
> > newsgroup so I'd hardly claim to be any sort of an expert.

> ===================
> LOL Just listen to bpg, he'll tell you all the 'expert' info you
> need, as long as the truth isn't on your list.

> >> They document their reports and support them with photos and
> >> videos.

> > Sure but they still select which pieces of information make it
> > into
> > their literature. I'm not saying they're lying or should be
> > discarded
> > entirely but they should be treated with caution especially
> > when the
> > reasons for promoting the cause don't match the reasons for
> > opposing
> > it. For example "Eating animals is bad for you because..." from
> > an
> > organisation that considers eating animals to be morally wrong
> > or
> > "animal experimentation is based on bad science" from an
> > organisation
> > that would stil, be against these experiments if they knew the
> > above
> > statement was false.

> ====================
> They've also been known to fake pics and videos to seperate the
> rubes from their money...

I'm not familiar with this ruse. Where has it been documented?

> ======================
> He can't. he has nothing real to say. He just like his
> hatred...
>

> >> Because that would allow them to be insulting without getting
> >> an
> >> appropriate response. I just took their (Dutch==Rick==Leif
> >> Erikson)
> >> forgeries and turned them back on them. It is all done and all
> >> I have
> >> to do is to fire it back when they do dirt. One thing about
> >> them Jews,
> >> they got it right about that "eye for an eye" thing.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

oups.com...

wrote:

>> > Well now you put it like that I'm feeling a little stupid
>> > for
>> > asking.

>> > I can't answer that for them but the theory that they are
>> > meat
>> > industry
>> > shills needs to be discarded because it doesn't fit the
>> > facts.
>> > It is highly questionable whether this newsgroup has a large
>> > enough
>> > readership for any of the posters to 'earn' their wages by
>> > posting
>> > here.
>> > Dutch and "Leif" both spend a great deal of time arguing
>> > with a
>> > fellow
>> > opponent of animals rights/veg*nsim (dhld) and also
>> > occasionally
>> > concede points that I don't think the meat industry would
>> > want
>> > a paid shill to concede. Sorry don't have examples to hand
>> > but
>> > think you will see some yourself if you stick around long
>> > enough.
>> >
>> > Rick = paid meat industry shill is slightly more plausible
>> > because
>> > he can at least be relied upon for kneejerk reaction to
>> > anything that
>> > shows the slightest sympathy for AR causes.

>> =============================
>> Really? No, the reactions are to vegan hypocrisy run amok.
>> They
>> rant about a product that they have no impact on making
>> changes
>> to. On the other hand, I have posted many times that i do not
>> buy grain-fed, chemical laced meat from what the loons
>> describe
>> as factory-farmed. I make an impact on the industry that
>> hypocritical loons like bpg.. rant about and have no impact on
>> making changes to.

> If you do not buy grain fed, chemically laced meat then you
> have
> about the same impact upon the industries that produce it as
> vegans do.

======================
Your logic is failing. I have an impact on the industry. I buy
a product that directly competes with what loons rant about.
Unlike vegan loons, I buy meat. I cause an alternative to the
noraml production methods to take place. It's a large and
growing alternative. It is available now to anyone that wants
it.

Your consumption of grass-fed beef helps support
> the producers of grass-fed beef, a seperate industry that
> produces a similar product.

==============================
No, it is the same industry. It is an alternative production
technique. It is growing, providing regular producers an way to
change their methods to accommodate the growing demand. Vegans
have *no* effect on that change. Instead, they continue to buy
factory-farmed mono-culture crop foods. All of which destory
environments and kills animals in far more brutally and
inhumanely ways than any meat animals endure.

> [...]

>> > it. For example "Eating animals is bad for you because..."
>> > from
>> > an
>> > organisation that considers eating animals to be morally
>> > wrong
>> > or
>> > "animal experimentation is based on bad science" from an
>> > organisation
>> > that would stil, be against these experiments if they knew
>> > the
>> > above
>> > statement was false.

>> ====================
>> They've also been known to fake pics and videos to seperate
>> the
>> rubes from their money...

> I'm not familiar with this ruse. Where has it been documented?

>> ======================
>> He can't. he has nothing real to say. He just like his

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:

snippage...

>> > it. For example "Eating animals is bad for you because..."
>> > from
>> > an
>> > organisation that considers eating animals to be morally
>> > wrong
>> > or
>> > "animal experimentation is based on bad science" from an
>> > organisation
>> > that would stil, be against these experiments if they knew
>> > the
>> > above
>> > statement was false.

>> ====================
>> They've also been known to fake pics and videos to seperate
>> the
>> rubes from their money...

> I'm not familiar with this ruse. Where has it been documented?

===================
I missed this first time cause it's so far down..

here's a quick find:
"...Another scene shows a man wearing tattered shoes, hitting a
fox on the head with a knife, temporarily stunning but not
killing it. He then struggles to skin the obviously alive, moving
animal, alternating with beating it with the knife. The animal
struggles so much as to make the job impossible, and a shot is
seen of the man's shoes on the animal's head.
It is nonsensical to suggest that skinning an animal alive is
normal practice since even this film of inhumane behavior proves
this process to be difficult and dangerous, and furthermore the
pulse of the living animal would cause extensive bleeding and
damage to the fur. It is therefore highly likely that these
scenes were staged..."

http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/anim...orrupting.html

>> ======================
>> He can't. he has nothing real to say. He just like his
>> hatred...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

wrote:

> >> =============================
> >> Really? No, the reactions are to vegan hypocrisy run amok.
> >> They
> >> rant about a product that they have no impact on making
> >> changes
> >> to. On the other hand, I have posted many times that i do not
> >> buy grain-fed, chemical laced meat from what the loons
> >> describe
> >> as factory-farmed. I make an impact on the industry that
> >> hypocritical loons like bpg.. rant about and have no impact on
> >> making changes to.

> > If you do not buy grain fed, chemically laced meat then you
> > have
> > about the same impact upon the industries that produce it as
> > vegans do.

> ======================
> Your logic is failing. I have an impact on the industry. I buy
> a product that directly competes with what loons rant about.

Someone who stops eating beef will have to eat something
else or go hungry. All food products are in competition with
each other to some degree.

> Unlike vegan loons, I buy meat. I cause an alternative to the
> noraml production methods to take place.

You fuel the demand for an alternative to regular beef. Vegans
fuel the demand for other alternatives.

> It's a large and growing alternative. It is available now to
> anyone that wants it.
>
> Your consumption of grass-fed beef helps support
> > the producers of grass-fed beef, a seperate industry that
> > produces a similar product.

> ==============================
> No, it is the same industry. It is an alternative production
> technique.

The method of production alters the taste and nutritional profile.

> It is growing, providing regular producers an way to
> change their methods to accommodate the growing demand. Vegans
> have *no* effect on that change.

The regular beef industry would not be viable if everyone went vegan.

> Instead, they continue to buy
> factory-farmed mono-culture crop foods. All of which destory
> environments and kills animals in far more brutally and
> inhumanely ways than any meat animals endure.
>

> >> Even so he I don't
> >> =========================
> >> Think about it, if anyone here is a shill for some 'industry'
> >> it's bpg. He rants agains't an industry to the point of
> >> idiocy.
> >> He has no discussions with anyone, just his spew.

> >> ==========================
> >> To the braindead loons like bpg, all meat is labeled as being
> >> produced the same. They then promote the fantasy that veggies
> >> can be grown cruelty-free in quantities that will feed them
> >> and
> >> the world.

> >> ===================
> >> LOL Just listen to bpg, he'll tell you all the 'expert' info
> >> you
> >> need, as long as the truth isn't on your list.

> >> ====================
> >> They've also been known to fake pics and videos to seperate
> >> the
> >> rubes from their money...

> > I'm not familiar with this ruse. Where has it been documented?

> >> ======================
> >> He can't. he has nothing real to say. He just like his
> >> hatred...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:

> snippage...

> >> ====================
> >> They've also been known to fake pics and videos to seperate
> >> the
> >> rubes from their money...

> > I'm not familiar with this ruse. Where has it been documented?

> ===================
> I missed this first time cause it's so far down..
>
> here's a quick find:
> "...Another scene shows a man wearing tattered shoes, hitting a
> fox on the head with a knife, temporarily stunning but not
> killing it. He then struggles to skin the obviously alive, moving
> animal, alternating with beating it with the knife. The animal
> struggles so much as to make the job impossible, and a shot is
> seen of the man's shoes on the animal's head.
> It is nonsensical to suggest that skinning an animal alive is
> normal practice since even this film of inhumane behavior proves
> this process to be difficult and dangerous, and furthermore the
> pulse of the living animal would cause extensive bleeding and
> damage to the fur. It is therefore highly likely that these
> scenes were staged..."

Hmm. It does seem rather strange to skin an animal alive and
the scenes were stages does indeed seem likely but there is
no proof.

> http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/anim...orrupting.html

> >> ======================
> >> He can't. he has nothing real to say. He just like his
> >> hatred...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Autymn D. C.

authoratative -> authoritative
propoganda -> propaganda
grass fed -> grass-fed
lying -> lyging

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Autymn D. C.

seperate -> separate

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

snippage...

>> > If you do not buy grain fed, chemically laced meat then you
>> > have
>> > about the same impact upon the industries that produce it as
>> > vegans do.

>> ======================
>> Your logic is failing. I have an impact on the industry. I
>> buy
>> a product that directly competes with what loons rant about.

> Someone who stops eating beef will have to eat something
> else or go hungry. All food products are in competition with
> each other to some degree.

==========================
Someone who does not eat meat and never will has no impact on the
meat industry they spew about.
Not participating will NOT cause any change in the methods they
claim to abhor. Claims that are
lost in the piles of dead animals that are killed in far more
brutal, inhumane ways in mono-culture crop production.

>> Unlike vegan loons, I buy meat. I cause an alternative to the
>> noraml production methods to take place.

> You fuel the demand for an alternative to regular beef. Vegans
> fuel the demand for other alternatives.

==============================
Not in the meat industry. Are you being this obtuse on purpose?
They make the claim they want changes in the meat industry they
claim to dislike. Not participating does nothing to encourage
those changes.

>> It's a large and growing alternative. It is available now to
>> anyone that wants it.
>>
>> Your consumption of grass-fed beef helps support
>> > the producers of grass-fed beef, a seperate industry that
>> > produces a similar product.

>> ==============================
>> No, it is the same industry. It is an alternative production
>> technique.

> The method of production alters the taste and nutritional
> profile.

============================
But it is still the production of meats. Or, do you think it
somehow changes the meat to brocolli?
The differences are part of why the demand is growing and the
industry is starting to accomdate us.
Just today I saw that 4 major chicken producers have announced
they have stopped the use of antibiotics.
People who buy chicken, and have demanded this change are the
ones that had an effect.

>> It is growing, providing regular producers an way to
>> change their methods to accommodate the growing demand.
>> Vegans
>> have *no* effect on that change.

> The regular beef industry would not be viable if everyone went
> vegan.

==========================
That will never happen. You know it and vegans know it. They
are such a small minority of loons that they have no real effect
on anything. So the point remains that they claim to want
changes.
How best do you accomplish this change? By ignoring it or
providing for a alternative production meathod?

>> Instead, they continue to buy
>> factory-farmed mono-culture crop foods. All of which destory
>> environments and kills animals in far more brutally and
>> inhumanely ways than any meat animals endure.

snippage...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > rick wrote:

>> snippage...

>> > I'm not familiar with this ruse. Where has it been
>> > documented?

>> ===================
>> I missed this first time cause it's so far down..
>>
>> here's a quick find:
>> "...Another scene shows a man wearing tattered shoes, hitting
>> fox on the head with a knife, temporarily stunning but not
>> killing it. He then struggles to skin the obviously alive,
>> moving
>> animal, alternating with beating it with the knife. The animal
>> struggles so much as to make the job impossible, and a shot is
>> seen of the man's shoes on the animal's head.
>> It is nonsensical to suggest that skinning an animal alive is
>> normal practice since even this film of inhumane behavior
>> proves
>> this process to be difficult and dangerous, and furthermore
>> the
>> pulse of the living animal would cause extensive bleeding and
>> damage to the fur. It is therefore highly likely that these
>> scenes were staged..."

> Hmm. It does seem rather strange to skin an animal alive and
> the scenes were stages does indeed seem likely but there is
> no proof.

==================
LOL Would you announce that you were staging scenes for alf,
peta, etal?

>> http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/anim...orrupting.html

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
d@.

On 24 Jan 2006 18:27:02 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>rick wrote:

>> Unlike vegan loons, I buy meat. I cause an alternative to the
>> noraml production methods to take place.

>You fuel the demand for an alternative to regular beef. Vegans
>fuel the demand for other alternatives.

What are those alternatives better for, and why should we
consider them superior to grass raised beef?
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

****wit David Harrison blabbered:

> On 24 Jan 2006 18:27:02 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:
>

> >rick wrote:

> >> Unlike vegan loons, I buy meat. I cause an alternative to the
> >> noraml production methods to take place.

> >You fuel the demand for an alternative to regular beef. Vegans
> >fuel the demand for other alternatives.

> What are those alternatives better for,

Their conscience.

> and why should we
> consider them superior to grass raised beef?

You don't have to. They do.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "Dave" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...

> snippage...

> >> ======================
> >> Your logic is failing. I have an impact on the industry. I
> >> buy
> >> a product that directly competes with what loons rant about.

> > Someone who stops eating beef will have to eat something
> > else or go hungry. All food products are in competition with
> > each other to some degree.

> ==========================
> Someone who does not eat meat and never will has no impact on the
> meat industry they spew about.

That is the point. They have no impact on the industry. They don't
provide the motive for treating animals that way unlike people who
consume the cheapest meats available.

> Not participating will NOT cause any change in the methods they
> claim to abhor. Claims that are
> lost in the piles of dead animals that are killed in far more
> brutal, inhumane ways in mono-culture crop production.

Brutal and inhumane though these deaths may very well be,
they last a short while compared to the life of an imprisoned
animal, there is no guarantee that a natural death would be
any more humane and the same deaths that occur as a
result of crops cultivated for human consumption also occur as
a result of crops cultivated for animal feed.

> >> Unlike vegan loons, I buy meat. I cause an alternative to the
> >> noraml production methods to take place.

> > You fuel the demand for an alternative to regular beef. Vegans
> > fuel the demand for other alternatives.

> ==============================
> Not in the meat industry.

Scarcely a relevant distinction to the point in hand.

> Are you being this obtuse on purpose?
> They make the claim they want changes in the meat industry they
> claim to dislike. Not participating does nothing to encourage
> those changes.

Reducting the size of the meat industry is a change.

> >> It's a large and growing alternative. It is available now to
> >> anyone that wants it.
> >>
> >> Your consumption of grass-fed beef helps support
> >> ==============================
> >> No, it is the same industry. It is an alternative production
> >> technique.

> > The method of production alters the taste and nutritional
> > profile.

> ============================
> But it is still the production of meats.

Yes. And?

> Or, do you think it
> somehow changes the meat to brocolli?
> The differences are part of why the demand is growing and the
> industry is starting to accomdate us.
> Just today I saw that 4 major chicken producers have announced
> they have stopped the use of antibiotics.
> People who buy chicken, and have demanded this change are the
> ones that had an effect.

Yes but a reduction in the numbers of chickens raised would have
achieved the same result, (eg fewer chickens raised on antibiotics)

> >> It is growing, providing regular producers an way to
> >> change their methods to accommodate the growing demand.
> >> Vegans
> >> have *no* effect on that change.

> > The regular beef industry would not be viable if everyone went
> > vegan.

> ==========================
> That will never happen. You know it and vegans know it.

For every person that stops consuming beef the demand is
reduced. Why wouldn't supply follow?

> They
> are such a small minority of loons that they have no real effect
> on anything. So the point remains that they claim to want
> changes.
> How best do you accomplish this change? By ignoring it or
> providing for a alternative production meathod?

Depending on what changes you want to accomplish. If
you wish to have beef from free range, chemical free, pasture
raised cattle then switch to grass fed beef. If you don't like
beef or you don't want to see cattle farmed at all then switch
to other food products like nuts and legumes.

> >> Instead, they continue to buy
> >> factory-farmed mono-culture crop foods. All of which destory
> >> environments and kills animals in far more brutally and
> >> inhumanely ways than any meat animals endure.
> >>

> snippage...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

d@. wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2006 18:27:02 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:
>

> >rick wrote:

> >> Unlike vegan loons, I buy meat. I cause an alternative to the
> >> noraml production methods to take place.

> >You fuel the demand for an alternative to regular beef. Vegans
> >fuel the demand for other alternatives.

> What are those alternatives better for, and why should we
> consider them superior to grass raised beef?

One more time. I do not object to the raising of animals for food per
se.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> snippage...

>> > Someone who stops eating beef will have to eat something
>> > else or go hungry. All food products are in competition with
>> > each other to some degree.

>> ==========================
>> Someone who does not eat meat and never will has no impact on
>> the
>> meat industry they spew about.

> That is the point. They have no impact on the industry. They
> don't
> provide the motive for treating animals that way unlike people
> who
> consume the cheapest meats available.

============================
Yet they do nothing to change the industry the spew about.
Having an impact for change means you have to participate.

>> Not participating will NOT cause any change in the methods
>> they
>> claim to abhor. Claims that are
>> lost in the piles of dead animals that are killed in far more
>> brutal, inhumane ways in mono-culture crop production.

> Brutal and inhumane though these deaths may very well be,
> they last a short while compared to the life of an imprisoned
> animal, there is no guarantee that a natural death would be
> any more humane and the same deaths that occur as a
> result of crops cultivated for human consumption also occur as
> a result of crops cultivated for animal feed.

========================
Tap dancing and delusion. Again, the "fix" for what you think
are bad conditions are to buy meats that aren't raised that way.
Continuing to sit on the sidelines and ranting does nothing to
provide incentives for change. In the meantime, they continue to
cause far more brutal, inhumane deaths.

>> > You fuel the demand for an alternative to regular beef.
>> > Vegans
>> > fuel the demand for other alternatives.

>> ==============================
>> Not in the meat industry.

> Scarcely a relevant distinction to the point in hand.

==========================
LOL Yes it is. The discussion is about how to change an
industry that vegans claim to want to change.
You can't do that from the sidelines.

>> Are you being this obtuse on purpose?
>> They make the claim they want changes in the meat industry
>> they
>> claim to dislike. Not participating does nothing to encourage
>> those changes.

> Reducting the size of the meat industry is a change.

=====================
vegans are not doing that.

>> > The method of production alters the taste and nutritional
>> > profile.

>> ============================
>> But it is still the production of meats.

> Yes. And?

=========================
Yes, and why is that important?

>> Or, do you think it
>> somehow changes the meat to brocolli?
>> The differences are part of why the demand is growing and the
>> industry is starting to accomdate us.
>> Just today I saw that 4 major chicken producers have announced
>> they have stopped the use of antibiotics.
>> People who buy chicken, and have demanded this change are the
>> ones that had an effect.

> Yes but a reduction in the numbers of chickens raised would
> have
> achieved the same result, (eg fewer chickens raised on
> antibiotics)

===============================
That isn't what the consumers are wanting. the consumers want
chemical free meat. vegans have no inpact on how meat is raised,
or the numbers.

>> > The regular beef industry would not be viable if everyone
>> > went
>> > vegan.

>> ==========================
>> That will never happen. You know it and vegans know it.

> For every person that stops consuming beef the demand is
> reduced. Why wouldn't supply follow?

=============================
Only if the numbers were growing. they aren't. vegans are, and
will be a very small minority of loons...

>> They
>> are such a small minority of loons that they have no real
>> effect
>> on anything. So the point remains that they claim to want
>> changes.
>> How best do you accomplish this change? By ignoring it or
>> providing for a alternative production meathod?

> Depending on what changes you want to accomplish. If
> you wish to have beef from free range, chemical free, pasture
> raised cattle then switch to grass fed beef. If you don't like
> beef or you don't want to see cattle farmed at all then switch
> to other food products like nuts and legumes.

=========================
That's not what vegans are doing. They are already not eating
meat.
Besides, it still begs the point that they are killing more
animals, far more brutally by being vegan.

>> snippage...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "Dave" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...

> >> snippage...

> >> ==========================
> >> Someone who does not eat meat and never will has no impact on
> >> the
> >> meat industry they spew about.

> > That is the point. They have no impact on the industry. They
> > don't
> > provide the motive for treating animals that way unlike people
> > who
> > consume the cheapest meats available.

> ============================
> Yet they do nothing to change the industry the spew about.
> Having an impact for change means you have to participate.

Reduction is a type of change.

> >> Not participating will NOT cause any change in the methods
> >> they
> >> claim to abhor. Claims that are
> >> lost in the piles of dead animals that are killed in far more
> >> brutal, inhumane ways in mono-culture crop production.

> > Brutal and inhumane though these deaths may very well be,
> > they last a short while compared to the life of an imprisoned
> > animal, there is no guarantee that a natural death would be
> > any more humane and the same deaths that occur as a
> > result of crops cultivated for human consumption also occur as
> > a result of crops cultivated for animal feed.

> ========================
> Tap dancing and delusion.

I don't think so.

> Again, the "fix" for what you think
> are bad conditions are to buy meats that aren't raised that way.
> Continuing to sit on the sidelines and ranting does nothing to
> provide incentives for change. In the meantime, they continue to
> cause far more brutal, inhumane deaths.

Supply follows demand. The more people buy "factory" meats the
more will be produced. It makes no difference to the producers
of these "factory" meats whether the people who are not buying
their product are buying different sorts of meat or different sorts
of plant food.

> >> ==============================
> >> Not in the meat industry.

> > Scarcely a relevant distinction to the point in hand.

> ==========================
> LOL Yes it is. The discussion is about how to change an
> industry that vegans claim to want to change.
> You can't do that from the sidelines.

Reduction is a type of change.

> >> Are you being this obtuse on purpose?
> >> They make the claim they want changes in the meat industry
> >> they
> >> claim to dislike. Not participating does nothing to encourage
> >> those changes.

> > Reducting the size of the meat industry is a change.

> =====================
> vegans are not doing that.

They are collectively reducing the size of the meat industry
compared with the size it would be if they weren't vegan
or fussy about what meats they did buy.

> >> ============================
> >> But it is still the production of meats.

> > Yes. And?

> =========================
> Yes, and why is that important?
>

> >> Or, do you think it
> >> somehow changes the meat to brocolli?
> >> The differences are part of why the demand is growing and the
> >> industry is starting to accomdate us.
> >> Just today I saw that 4 major chicken producers have announced
> >> they have stopped the use of antibiotics.
> >> People who buy chicken, and have demanded this change are the
> >> ones that had an effect.

> > Yes but a reduction in the numbers of chickens raised would
> > have
> > achieved the same result, (eg fewer chickens raised on
> > antibiotics)

> ===============================
> That isn't what the consumers are wanting. the consumers want
> chemical free meat.

Some consumers want chemical free meat. Some (ie veg*ns) don't
want meat at all.

> vegans have no inpact on how meat is raised,
> or the numbers.

Supply follows demand.

> >> ==========================
> >> That will never happen. You know it and vegans know it.

> > For every person that stops consuming beef the demand is
> > reduced. Why wouldn't supply follow?

> =============================
> Only if the numbers were growing. they aren't. vegans are, and
> will be a very small minority of loons...

If those people who are currently vegan suddenly decided to
stop fussing about food then demand for beef would rise and
supply would try to follow. If some of the people who currently
eat "factory beef" became vegan demand for beef would decrease
and supply would be forced to follow.

> >> They
> >> are such a small minority of loons that they have no real
> >> effect
> >> on anything. So the point remains that they claim to want
> >> changes.
> >> How best do you accomplish this change? By ignoring it or
> >> providing for a alternative production meathod?

> > Depending on what changes you want to accomplish. If
> > you wish to have beef from free range, chemical free, pasture
> > raised cattle then switch to grass fed beef. If you don't like
> > beef or you don't want to see cattle farmed at all then switch
> > to other food products like nuts and legumes.

> =========================
> That's not what vegans are doing. They are already not eating
> meat.
> Besides, it still begs the point that they are killing more
> animals, far more brutally by being vegan.

Compared with eating grass fed beef that may well be true.
Compared with eating cheap "factory" meats it self evidently
isn't.

> >> snippage...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> > That is the point. They have no impact on the industry. They
>> > don't
>> > provide the motive for treating animals that way unlike
>> > people
>> > who
>> > consume the cheapest meats available.

>> ============================
>> Yet they do nothing to change the industry the spew about.
>> Having an impact for change means you have to participate.

> Reduction is a type of change.

===========================
You're missing the point. Since vegans do not and will not buy
meat they aren't reducing their use of meat. Since they do
participate, they have no impact.

>> > Brutal and inhumane though these deaths may very well be,
>> > they last a short while compared to the life of an
>> > imprisoned
>> > animal, there is no guarantee that a natural death would be
>> > any more humane and the same deaths that occur as a
>> > result of crops cultivated for human consumption also occur
>> > as
>> > a result of crops cultivated for animal feed.

>> ========================
>> Tap dancing and delusion.

> I don't think so.

======================
You keep saying the same spew, like you're not listening. What
animals are you refering to as 'imprisoned?' Again, if you want
to change the way you think animals are raised, then you need to
buy the alternatives that provide an incentive to change the ways
you think are wrong. Not being a part of that industry doesn't
supply the incentive for change. As for humane deaths,
alaughtered meat animals die far more humanely than many wild
animals. Very few wild animals live a long life and just lie
down with their extended family around and close their eyes and
die.

>> Again, the "fix" for what you think
>> are bad conditions are to buy meats that aren't raised that
>> way.
>> Continuing to sit on the sidelines and ranting does nothing to
>> provide incentives for change. In the meantime, they continue
>> cause far more brutal, inhumane deaths.

> Supply follows demand. The more people buy "factory" meats the
> more will be produced. It makes no difference to the producers
> of these "factory" meats whether the people who are not buying
> their product are buying different sorts of meat or different
> sorts
> of plant food.

=========================
Again, you've missed the point. Not buying meat and never being
involved in the product doesn't make any change. Buying an
alternative meat will change the way producers raise their
animals.

>> > Scarcely a relevant distinction to the point in hand.

>> ==========================
>> LOL Yes it is. The discussion is about how to change an
>> industry that vegans claim to want to change.
>> You can't do that from the sidelines.

> Reduction is a type of change.

=======================
You keep saying this but there is *no* reduction since they are
already not buying meat products and never will...

>> > Reducting the size of the meat industry is a change.

>> =====================
>> vegans are not doing that.

> They are collectively reducing the size of the meat industry
> compared with the size it would be if they weren't vegan
> or fussy about what meats they did buy.

========================
No, they are not. They are so miniscule a loon group that they
would have no effect if they stopped tomorrow. Oops, they
already aren't buying meat, and haven't been. Kinda hard to make
a difference if you already aren't doing something.

>> > Yes. And?

>> =========================
>> Yes, and why is that important?

>> > Yes but a reduction in the numbers of chickens raised would
>> > have
>> > achieved the same result, (eg fewer chickens raised on
>> > antibiotics)

>> ===============================
>> That isn't what the consumers are wanting. the consumers want
>> chemical free meat.

> Some consumers want chemical free meat. Some (ie veg*ns) don't
> want meat at all.

======================
yet they still claim to want a change in the methods of
production. Why is it so hard to see that since they already are
not part of a products users, they jhave no impact on causing
changes. It is those people that want a different method of
production that are driving the changes, not vegans.

>> vegans have no inpact on how meat is raised,
>> or the numbers.

> Supply follows demand.

=====================
LOL Again, vegans are not part of the demand to begin with. Why
are you stuck on this broken record?

>> > For every person that stops consuming beef the demand is
>> > reduced. Why wouldn't supply follow?

>> =============================
>> Only if the numbers were growing. they aren't. vegans are,
>> and
>> will be a very small minority of loons...

> If those people who are currently vegan suddenly decided to
> stop fussing about food then demand for beef would rise and
> supply would try to follow. If some of the people who currently
> eat "factory beef" became vegan demand for beef would decrease
> and supply would be forced to follow.

=======================
And that is unlikely to happen. What is happening, and likely to
continue is the demand for alternative methods of meat
production. Vegans are on the sidelines of these changes,
despite saying the want the changes to occur.

>> > Depending on what changes you want to accomplish. If
>> > you wish to have beef from free range, chemical free,
>> > pasture
>> > raised cattle then switch to grass fed beef. If you don't
>> > like
>> > beef or you don't want to see cattle farmed at all then
>> > switch
>> > to other food products like nuts and legumes.

>> =========================
>> That's not what vegans are doing. They are already not eating
>> meat.
>> Besides, it still begs the point that they are killing more
>> animals, far more brutally by being vegan.

> Compared with eating grass fed beef that may well be true.
> Compared with eating cheap "factory" meats it self evidently
> isn't.

======================
No, it isn't self-evident even then. The vegan that buys and
eats only imported foods has far more impact than many meats.
Unlike the fruits and veggies we eat, most meat is rather local
or regional.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "Dave" > wrote in message
> >> ups.com...

> >> ============================
> >> Yet they do nothing to change the industry the spew about.
> >> Having an impact for change means you have to participate.

> > Reduction is a type of change.

> ===========================
> You're missing the point.

No it's you who are missing the point.

> Since vegans do not and will not buy
> meat they aren't reducing their use of meat. Since they do
> participate, they have no impact.

Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't vegan.
By continuing to be vegan they are removing their contribution
towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any kind.

> >> ========================
> >> Tap dancing and delusion.

> > I don't think so.

> ======================
> You keep saying the same spew, like you're not listening.

I'm feeling exactly that way about what you are writing.
Your logic is deeply flawed on this issue.

> What
> animals are you refering to as 'imprisoned?'

The animals that are kept in overcrowded sheds where their
natural behaviours are frustrated to some degree.

> Again, if you want
> to change the way you think animals are raised, then you need to
> buy the alternatives that provide an incentive to change the ways
> you think are wrong. Not being a part of that industry doesn't
> supply the incentive for change.

You just don't get it do you?

> As for humane deaths,
> alaughtered meat animals die far more humanely than many wild
> animals.

Yes but the method of death isn't the only issue here.

> Very few wild animals live a long life and just lie
> down with their extended family around and close their eyes and
> die.
>

> >> Again, the "fix" for what you think
> >> are bad conditions are to buy meats that aren't raised that
> >> way.
> >> Continuing to sit on the sidelines and ranting does nothing to
> >> provide incentives for change. In the meantime, they continue
> >> cause far more brutal, inhumane deaths.

> > Supply follows demand. The more people buy "factory" meats the
> > more will be produced. It makes no difference to the producers
> > of these "factory" meats whether the people who are not buying
> > their product are buying different sorts of meat or different
> > sorts
> > of plant food.

> =========================
> Again, you've missed the point. Not buying meat and never being
> involved in the product doesn't make any change. Buying an
> alternative meat will change the way producers raise their
> animals.

You'll never get it.

> >> ==========================
> >> LOL Yes it is. The discussion is about how to change an
> >> industry that vegans claim to want to change.
> >> You can't do that from the sidelines.

> > Reduction is a type of change.

> =======================
> You keep saying this but there is *no* reduction since they are
> already not buying meat products and never will...

You'll never get it.

> >> =====================
> >> vegans are not doing that.

> > They are collectively reducing the size of the meat industry
> > compared with the size it would be if they weren't vegan
> > or fussy about what meats they did buy.

> ========================
> No, they are not. They are so miniscule a loon group that they
> would have no effect if they stopped tomorrow. Oops, they
> already aren't buying meat, and haven't been. Kinda hard to make
> a difference if you already aren't doing something.

You'll never get it.

> >> =========================
> >> Yes, and why is that important?

> >> ===============================
> >> That isn't what the consumers are wanting. the consumers want
> >> chemical free meat.

> > Some consumers want chemical free meat. Some (ie veg*ns) don't
> > want meat at all.

> ======================
> yet they still claim to want a change in the methods of
> production. Why is it so hard to see that since they already are
> not part of a products users, they jhave no impact on causing
> changes.

Because you are talking nonsense.

> It is those people that want a different method of
> production that are driving the changes, not vegans.
>

> >> vegans have no inpact on how meat is raised,
> >> or the numbers.

> > Supply follows demand.

> =====================
> LOL Again, vegans are not part of the demand to begin with. Why
> are you stuck on this broken record?

Becuase it is an important point which you obviously don't understand
the significance of.

> >> =============================
> >> Only if the numbers were growing. they aren't. vegans are,
> >> and
> >> will be a very small minority of loons...

> > If those people who are currently vegan suddenly decided to
> > stop fussing about food then demand for beef would rise and
> > supply would try to follow. If some of the people who currently
> > eat "factory beef" became vegan demand for beef would decrease
> > and supply would be forced to follow.

> =======================
> And that is unlikely to happen. What is happening, and likely to
> continue is the demand for alternative methods of meat
> production. Vegans are on the sidelines of these changes,
> despite saying the want the changes to occur.

> >> =========================
> >> That's not what vegans are doing. They are already not eating
> >> meat.
> >> Besides, it still begs the point that they are killing more
> >> animals, far more brutally by being vegan.

> > Compared with eating grass fed beef that may well be true.
> > Compared with eating cheap "factory" meats it self evidently
> > isn't.

> ======================
> No, it isn't self-evident even then. The vegan that buys and
> eats only imported foods has far more impact than many meats.
> Unlike the fruits and veggies we eat, most meat is rather local
> or regional.

That line of argument only works if the feedstuffs, antibiotics and
suchlike are also local and regional.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> > Reduction is a type of change.

>> ===========================
>> You're missing the point.

> No it's you who are missing the point.

=======================
No, you are being willfully obtuse on the point..
Again, there is no 'reduction' involved by vegans. They are
already
non-participants in the process of producing meats. You cannot
reduce what you have not engaged in to begin with.
And, their non-participation does NOTHING to provide an incentive
for producers to change their methods. Since they are already
not buying meat,
any change has to come from those that are paying for that
change.

>> Since vegans do not and will not buy
>> meat they aren't reducing their use of meat. Since they do
>> participate, they have no impact.

> Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't
> vegan.
> By continuing to be vegan they are removing their contribution
> towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any kind.

======================
No, they are not. They have no effect on the market at all.
I buy no llama wool from the Andes. I never plan to, and never
will.
I have ZERO effect on the market for llama wool. If it is
produced inhumanely
I have no say in the impact of making changes. Same goes for
vegan that do not,
and will not ever buy meat. They have no impact on production
methods or supply.

>> > I don't think so.

>> ======================
>> You keep saying the same spew, like you're not listening.

> I'm feeling exactly that way about what you are writing.
> Your logic is deeply flawed on this issue.
>
>> What
>> animals are you refering to as 'imprisoned?'

> The animals that are kept in overcrowded sheds where their
> natural behaviours are frustrated to some degree.

============================
And which ones are those? Tell me the meats that I eat that have
those animals on my plate.

>> Again, if you want
>> to change the way you think animals are raised, then you need
>> buy the alternatives that provide an incentive to change the
>> ways
>> you think are wrong. Not being a part of that industry
>> doesn't
>> supply the incentive for change.

> You just don't get it do you?

=======================
Obviuosly you don't. Try econ 101, and get back with us.

>> As for humane deaths,
>> alaughtered meat animals die far more humanely than many wild
>> animals.

> Yes but the method of death isn't the only issue here.

==========================
How about numbers then? Vegans lose on that count here too.

>> Very few wild animals live a long life and just lie
>> down with their extended family around and close their eyes
>> and
>> die.

>> > Supply follows demand. The more people buy "factory" meats
>> > the
>> > more will be produced. It makes no difference to the
>> > producers
>> > of these "factory" meats whether the people who are not
>> > buying
>> > their product are buying different sorts of meat or
>> > different
>> > sorts
>> > of plant food.

>> =========================
>> Again, you've missed the point. Not buying meat and never
>> being
>> involved in the product doesn't make any change. Buying an
>> alternative meat will change the way producers raise their
>> animals.

> You'll never get it.

==========================
You keep avoiding it. Why?

>> > Reduction is a type of change.

>> =======================
>> You keep saying this but there is *no* reduction since they
>> are
>> already not buying meat products and never will...

> You'll never get it.

==========================
You keep avoiding it. Why?

>> > They are collectively reducing the size of the meat industry
>> > compared with the size it would be if they weren't vegan
>> > or fussy about what meats they did buy.

>> ========================
>> No, they are not. They are so miniscule a loon group that
>> they
>> would have no effect if they stopped tomorrow. Oops, they
>> already aren't buying meat, and haven't been. Kinda hard to
>> make
>> a difference if you already aren't doing something.

> You'll never get it.

==========================
You keep avoiding it. Why?

>> > Some consumers want chemical free meat. Some (ie veg*ns)
>> > don't
>> > want meat at all.

>> ======================
>> yet they still claim to want a change in the methods of
>> production. Why is it so hard to see that since they already
>> are
>> not part of a products users, they jhave no impact on causing
>> changes.

> Because you are talking nonsense.

=====================
No, I am not. I'm the one discussing supply/demand. You seem to
think that never being involved in the process somehow means
something. Producers don't make products for people that aren't
buying them, and never will.

>> It is those people that want a different method of
>> production that are driving the changes, not vegans.

>> > Supply follows demand.

>> =====================
>> LOL Again, vegans are not part of the demand to begin with.
>> Why
>> are you stuck on this broken record?

> Becuase it is an important point which you obviously don't
> understand
> the significance of.

==========================
You keep avoiding it. Why?

>> > If those people who are currently vegan suddenly decided to
>> > stop fussing about food then demand for beef would rise and
>> > supply would try to follow. If some of the people who
>> > currently
>> > eat "factory beef" became vegan demand for beef would
>> > decrease
>> > and supply would be forced to follow.

>> =======================
>> And that is unlikely to happen. What is happening, and likely
>> continue is the demand for alternative methods of meat
>> production. Vegans are on the sidelines of these changes,
>> despite saying the want the changes to occur.

>> > Compared with eating grass fed beef that may well be true.
>> > Compared with eating cheap "factory" meats it self evidently
>> > isn't.

>> ======================
>> No, it isn't self-evident even then. The vegan that buys and
>> eats only imported foods has far more impact than many meats.
>> Unlike the fruits and veggies we eat, most meat is rather
>> local
>> or regional.

> That line of argument only works if the feedstuffs, antibiotics
> and
> suchlike are also local and regional.

============================
It's kinda hard to import pastureland/rangeland eh?
And what part of chemical-free meats don't you understand?
You keep failing to understnad the issues I mention, and revert
to tired old vegan spew about all meats being the same. Why is
that?
Because the alternatives blow the vegan delusions off the map?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

Dave wrote:
> rick wrote:
> > "Dave" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...

> > > Reduction is a type of change.

> > ===========================
> > You're missing the point.

> No it's you who are missing the point.

Rick is correct: YOU are the one missing the point

> > Since vegans do not and will not buy
> > meat they aren't reducing their use of meat. Since they do
> > participate, they have no impact.

> Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't vegan.
> By continuing to be vegan they are removing their contribution
> towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any kind.

No. You are wrong.

First of all, their withdrawal from the market for meat was a one-time
effect. Secondly, it was too small to be noticed. They removed their
demand ONCE and once only; it does not have any continuing impact.

If they were for some reason to abandon "veganism" and return to the
market for meat products, that too would be too small to be noticed.
"vegans" are even a very tiny minority with the broader vegetarian
community. As a percentage of the population, they are doubtless less
than one half of one percent.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Leif Erikson wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> > rick wrote:
> > > "Dave" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...

> > > ===========================
> > > You're missing the point.

> > No it's you who are missing the point.

> Rick is correct: YOU are the one missing the point

No. ricky is an idiot.

> > > Since vegans do not and will not buy
> > > meat they aren't reducing their use of meat. Since they do
> > > participate, they have no impact.

> > Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't vegan.
> > By continuing to be vegan they are removing their contribution
> > towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any kind.

> No. You are wrong.

No. No he's not.

> First of all, their withdrawal from the market for meat was a one-time
> effect. Secondly, it was too small to be noticed. They removed their
> demand ONCE and once only; it does not have any continuing impact.
>
> If they were for some reason to abandon "veganism" and return to the
> market for meat products, that too would be too small to be noticed.
> "vegans" are even a very tiny minority with the broader vegetarian
> community. As a percentage of the population, they are doubtless less
> than one half of one percent.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

> sniffed up daves buttt....

Nice company you keep dave.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

homo pantywaist fudgepacker ronnie hamilton shrieked:

> Leif Erikson wrote:
> > Dave wrote:

> > > No it's you who are missing the point.

> > Rick is correct: YOU are the one missing the point

> No. ricky is an idiot.

No, Rick has this exactly right.

> > > Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't vegan.
> > > By continuing to be vegan they are removing their contribution
> > > towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any kind.

> > No. You are wrong.

> No. No he's not.

Yes, he is. "vegans" are not having any impact beyond their initial
refusal to eat meat, and that wasn't much impact at all.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

This is why it is a waste to argue with Leif Erikson the shit eating
meat industry shill - just make them eat their dirt - they love it

gutless punk and shitbag Leif Erikson wrote:

> Nobody likes me because I **** my dead grandmother up the ass.

This Leif Erikson is one sick mother, oops and grandmother ****er

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "Dave" > wrote in message
> >> ups.com...

> >> ===========================
> >> You're missing the point.

> > No it's you who are missing the point.

> =======================
> No, you are being willfully obtuse on the point..
> Again, there is no 'reduction' involved by vegans. They are
> already
> non-participants in the process of producing meats. You cannot
> reduce what you have not engaged in to begin with.

It is an ongoing reduction compared to a meat eater. The veg*n
is still a *potential* consumer of meat in that they could consume
it but choose not to.

> And, their non-participation does NOTHING to provide an incentive
> for producers to change their methods.

Correct. They don't provide the producers a beef an incentive to
continue producing their product using any method.

> Since they are already
> not buying meat,
> any change has to come from those that are paying for that
> change.

People who buy "factory" meats provide an incentive for
fatcory farming. People who buy Grass-fed meats provide
an incentive for intensive grazing systems. People who buy
no meat at all provide no incentive to produce meat by any
method. It's not rocket science.

> >> Since vegans do not and will not buy
> >> meat they aren't reducing their use of meat. Since they do
> >> participate, they have no impact.

> > Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't
> > vegan.
> > By continuing to be vegan they are removing their contribution
> > towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any kind.

> ======================
> No, they are not. They have no effect on the market at all.
> I buy no llama wool from the Andes. I never plan to, and never
> will.
> I have ZERO effect on the market for llama wool. If it is
> produced inhumanely
> I have no say in the impact of making changes. Same goes for
> vegan that do not,
> and will not ever buy meat. They have no impact on production
> methods or supply.

Right. And if everyone had zero impact on supply then their would
be no commercial production which is what veg*ns want.

> >> ======================
> >> You keep saying the same spew, like you're not listening.

> > I'm feeling exactly that way about what you are writing.
> > Your logic is deeply flawed on this issue.
> >
> >> What
> >> animals are you refering to as 'imprisoned?'

> > The animals that are kept in overcrowded sheds where their
> > natural behaviours are frustrated to some degree.

> ============================
> And which ones are those? Tell me the meats that I eat that have
> those animals on my plate.

I have already stated that I have no objection to meat per se,
just the main commercial methods of that production. If you
had been listening you would realise that I am applauding the
actions of people who avoid animal products that result from
these methods regardless of whether they consume no animal
products at all or whether they consume only animal products
that have been produced using more appropriate methods.

> >> Again, if you want
> >> to change the way you think animals are raised, then you need
> >> buy the alternatives that provide an incentive to change the
> >> ways
> >> you think are wrong. Not being a part of that industry
> >> doesn't
> >> supply the incentive for change.

> > You just don't get it do you?

> =======================
> Obviuosly you don't. Try econ 101, and get back with us.

You first.

> >> As for humane deaths,
> >> alaughtered meat animals die far more humanely than many wild
> >> animals.

> > Yes but the method of death isn't the only issue here.

> ==========================
> How about numbers then? Vegans lose on that count here too.

Compared to conscientious meat consumers, possibly.

> >> Very few wild animals live a long life and just lie
> >> down with their extended family around and close their eyes
> >> and
> >> die.

> >> =========================
> >> Again, you've missed the point. Not buying meat and never
> >> being
> >> involved in the product doesn't make any change. Buying an
> >> alternative meat will change the way producers raise their
> >> animals.

> > You'll never get it.

> ==========================
> You keep avoiding it. Why?

There's no point in repeating myself if you stubbornly refuse to
be logical.

> >> =======================
> >> You keep saying this but there is *no* reduction since they
> >> are
> >> already not buying meat products and never will...

> > You'll never get it.

> ==========================
> You keep avoiding it. Why?

> >> ========================
> >> No, they are not. They are so miniscule a loon group that
> >> they
> >> would have no effect if they stopped tomorrow. Oops, they
> >> already aren't buying meat, and haven't been. Kinda hard to
> >> make
> >> a difference if you already aren't doing something.

> > You'll never get it.

> ==========================
> You keep avoiding it. Why?

> >> ======================
> >> yet they still claim to want a change in the methods of
> >> production. Why is it so hard to see that since they already
> >> are
> >> not part of a products users, they jhave no impact on causing
> >> changes.

> > Because you are talking nonsense.

> =====================
> No, I am not. I'm the one discussing supply/demand. You seem to
> think that never being involved in the process somehow means
> something. Producers don't make products for people that aren't
> buying them, and never will.

Bingo!

> >> It is those people that want a different method of
> >> production that are driving the changes, not vegans.

> >> =====================
> >> LOL Again, vegans are not part of the demand to begin with.
> >> Why
> >> are you stuck on this broken record?

> > Becuase it is an important point which you obviously don't
> > understand
> > the significance of.

> ==========================
> You keep avoiding it. Why?

> >> =======================
> >> And that is unlikely to happen. What is happening, and likely
> >> continue is the demand for alternative methods of meat
> >> production. Vegans are on the sidelines of these changes,
> >> despite saying the want the changes to occur.

> >> ======================
> >> No, it isn't self-evident even then. The vegan that buys and
> >> eats only imported foods has far more impact than many meats.
> >> Unlike the fruits and veggies we eat, most meat is rather
> >> local
> >> or regional.

> > That line of argument only works if the feedstuffs, antibiotics
> > and
> > suchlike are also local and regional.

> ============================
> It's kinda hard to import pastureland/rangeland eh?
> And what part of chemical-free meats don't you understand?

Me: Compared with eating grass fed beef that [the proposition
that being vegan results in many more animal deaths] may well
be true. Compared with eating *cheap factory meats* it self
evidently isn't.

You: No it isn't self evident.

F***ing hell. Get back to me when you have taken comprehension 101.

> You keep failing to understnad the issues I mention,

The only thing I need to understand is that you have a logical
blindspot
regarding this issue.

> and revert
> to tired old vegan spew about all meats being the same.

Never.

> Why is
> that?
> Because the alternatives blow the vegan delusions off the map?

Which is why I don't advocate veg*nsim, at least not as the only
alternative.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Leif Erikson wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> > rick wrote:
> > > "Dave" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...

> > > ===========================
> > > You're missing the point.

> > No it's you who are missing the point.

> Rick is correct: YOU are the one missing the point
>

> > > Since vegans do not and will not buy
> > > meat they aren't reducing their use of meat. Since they do
> > > participate, they have no impact.

> > Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't vegan.
> > By continuing to be vegan they are removing their contribution
> > towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any kind.

> No. You are wrong.
>
> First of all, their withdrawal from the market for meat was a one-time
> effect.

It is an ongoing effect. If they reversed their decision demand would
increase.

> Secondly, it was too small to be noticed.

Individual consumer habits are barely noticed by the markets if at all.

Many people use this an excuse for not considering the impacts the
products they buy have upon humans, animals and the environment.
This is one of the reasons the planet is f***d up in some ways and
a major weakness of the free market.

> They removed their
> demand ONCE and once only; it does not have any continuing impact.
>
> If they were for some reason to abandon "veganism" and return to the
> market for meat products, that too would be too small to be noticed.
> "vegans" are even a very tiny minority with the broader vegetarian
> community. As a percentage of the population, they are doubtless less
> than one half of one percent.

I don't entirely agree with veg*nism but I do admire veg*ns for taking
some responsibility for their consumer habits. If everyone followed
their example the world would be a much better place.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

rick wrote:
> > sniffed up daves buttt....
>

> Nice company you keep dave.

I am not in the least bit ashamed to be on the same
side as "bcpg".

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > No it's you who are missing the point.

>> =======================
>> No, you are being willfully obtuse on the point..
>> Again, there is no 'reduction' involved by vegans. They are
>> already
>> non-participants in the process of producing meats. You
>> cannot
>> reduce what you have not engaged in to begin with.

> It is an ongoing reduction compared to a meat eater. The veg*n
> is still a *potential* consumer of meat in that they could
> consume
> it but choose not to.

==========================
LOL There is no on-going *reduction* by vegans. Are you really
this dense, or just refuse to see facts?
Again, take an econ 101 course...

>> And, their non-participation does NOTHING to provide an
>> incentive
>> for producers to change their methods.

> Correct. They don't provide the producers a beef an incentive
> continue producing their product using any method.

=========================
Yet they still rant about wanting to change what they see as a a
problem industry.
As is, they have NO impact on the industry, and especially no
imapct on any change.

>> Since they are already
>> not buying meat,
>> any change has to come from those that are paying for that
>> change.

> People who buy "factory" meats provide an incentive for
> fatcory farming. People who buy Grass-fed meats provide
> an incentive for intensive grazing systems. People who buy
> no meat at all provide no incentive to produce meat by any
> method. It's not rocket science.

===========================
Apparently to you it is. Non-buyers of meat have NO impact on
the industry, period.
Not buying meat does nothing to bring about there demands for a
change. They are non-participants
in anything the meat industry does.

>> > Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't
>> > vegan.
>> > By continuing to be vegan they are removing their
>> > contribution
>> > towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any
>> > kind.

>> ======================
>> No, they are not. They have no effect on the market at all.
>> I buy no llama wool from the Andes. I never plan to, and
>> never
>> will.
>> I have ZERO effect on the market for llama wool. If it is
>> produced inhumanely
>> I have no say in the impact of making changes. Same goes for
>> vegan that do not,
>> and will not ever buy meat. They have no impact on production
>> methods or supply.

> Right. And if everyone had zero impact on supply then their
> would
> be no commercial production which is what veg*ns want.

================================
They have no impact on that want. They are non-participants,
period.

>> > I'm feeling exactly that way about what you are writing.
>> > Your logic is deeply flawed on this issue.

>> > The animals that are kept in overcrowded sheds where their
>> > natural behaviours are frustrated to some degree.

>> ============================
>> And which ones are those? Tell me the meats that I eat that
>> have
>> those animals on my plate.

> I have already stated that I have no objection to meat per se,
> just the main commercial methods of that production. If you
> had been listening you would realise that I am applauding the
> actions of people who avoid animal products that result from
> these methods regardless of whether they consume no animal
> products at all or whether they consume only animal products
> that have been produced using more appropriate methods.

==================================
Avoiding the products of an industry you don't like does
*nothing* to make that industry change.

>> > You just don't get it do you?

>> =======================
>> Obviuosly you don't. Try econ 101, and get back with us.

> You first.
> ===========================

Already have, and further... You are obviously unwilling to
learn...

>> > Yes but the method of death isn't the only issue here.

>> ==========================
>> How about numbers then? Vegans lose on that count here too.

> Compared to conscientious meat consumers, possibly.

========================
To their own diets. That's the problem with usenet vegans. They
are all talk. They spew about meats and have *never* compared
the foods that they eat to each other. Which causes more death
and suffering to animals? Rice? Potatoes? Bananas? Brocolli?
they don't care. They have their simple rule for their simple
mind, 'eat no meat.'

>> > You'll never get it.

>> ==========================
>> You keep avoiding it. Why?

> There's no point in repeating myself if you stubbornly refuse
> be logical.

==========================
I am beiung logical. You, on the other hand...

>> > You'll never get it.

>> ==========================
>> You keep avoiding it. Why?

>> > You'll never get it.

>> ==========================
>> You keep avoiding it. Why?

>> > Because you are talking nonsense.

>> =====================
>> No, I am not. I'm the one discussing supply/demand. You seem
>> think that never being involved in the process somehow means
>> something. Producers don't make products for people that
>> aren't
>> buying them, and never will.

> Bingo!

===============================
LOL And those people that have never bought a product and never
will have NO inpact on those production levels.
being a non-participant means that no one is listening to your
loonism, and that your wishes mean nothing.

>> > Becuase it is an important point which you obviously don't
>> > understand
>> > the significance of.

>> ==========================
>> You keep avoiding it. Why?

>> > That line of argument only works if the feedstuffs,
>> > antibiotics
>> > and
>> > suchlike are also local and regional.

>> ============================
>> It's kinda hard to import pastureland/rangeland eh?
>> And what part of chemical-free meats don't you understand?

> Me: Compared with eating grass fed beef that [the proposition
> that being vegan results in many more animal deaths] may well
> be true. Compared with eating *cheap factory meats* it self
> evidently isn't.
>
> You: No it isn't self evident.
>
> F***ing hell. Get back to me when you have taken comprehension
> 101.

=================================
ROTFLMAO You're the one that had it go right over your head,
fool. You brought up feed and biotics, even after being told
that the meats I eat, and am talking about don't use them. So,
I'm left to think you must be talking about the only things the
meat I eat uses, grasslands and ranges. Willful ignorance
doesn't become you...

>> You keep failing to understnad the issues I mention,

> The only thing I need to understand is that you have a logical
> blindspot
> regarding this issue.
> ===================================

You're the only one being blind here, willfully so.

>> and revert
>> to tired old vegan spew about all meats being the same.

> Never.

=====================
Always.

>> Why is
>> that?
>> Because the alternatives blow the vegan delusions off the map?

> Which is why I don't advocate veg*nsim, at least not as the
> only
> alternative.

======================
Then why pretend they have an impact they do not?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Dave" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> > sniffed up daves buttt....
>>

>> Nice company you keep dave.

> I am not in the least bit ashamed to be on the same
> side as "bcpg".
>=========================

Of course not, ignorance and hatred deserve each other...

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Leif Erikson wrote:
>> Dave wrote:

>> > No it's you who are missing the point.

>> Rick is correct: YOU are the one missing the point

>> > Their use of meat is less than it would be if they weren't
>> > vegan.
>> > By continuing to be vegan they are removing their
>> > contribution
>> > towards the commercial incentive to produce meat of any
>> > kind.

>> No. You are wrong.
>>
>> First of all, their withdrawal from the market for meat was a
>> one-time
>> effect.

> It is an ongoing effect. If they reversed their decision demand
> would
> increase.
>
>> Secondly, it was too small to be noticed.

> Individual consumer habits are barely noticed by the markets if
> at all.
>
> Many people use this an excuse for not considering the impacts
> the
> products they buy have upon humans, animals and the
> environment.
> This is one of the reasons the planet is f***d up in some ways
> and
> a major weakness of the free market.
>
>> They removed their
>> demand ONCE and once only; it does not have any continuing
>> impact.
>>
>> If they were for some reason to abandon "veganism" and return
>> to the
>> market for meat products, that too would be too small to be
>> noticed.
>> "vegans" are even a very tiny minority with the broader
>> vegetarian
>> community. As a percentage of the population, they are
>> doubtless less
>> than one half of one percent.

> I don't entirely agree with veg*nism but I do admire veg*ns for
> taking
> some responsibility for their consumer habits. If everyone
> followed
> their example the world would be a much better place.

=====================================
ROTFLMAO That's a hoot!!! Tell us what those 'examples' are
dave. Not eating meat does not automatically mean a lesser
impact on animals or the environment! that's been the whole
point I've been making all along. Now, if you can prove that it
does, be my guest. No one ever has yet, maybe you'll be the
first!

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

> >> Rick is correct: YOU are the one missing the point

> >> No. You are wrong.
> >>
> >> First of all, their withdrawal from the market for meat was a
> >> one-time
> >> effect.

> > It is an ongoing effect. If they reversed their decision demand
> > would
> > increase.
> >
> >> Secondly, it was too small to be noticed.

> > Individual consumer habits are barely noticed by the markets if
> > at all.
> >
> > Many people use this an excuse for not considering the impacts
> > the
> > products they buy have upon humans, animals and the
> > environment.
> > This is one of the reasons the planet is f***d up in some ways
> > and
> > a major weakness of the free market.
> >
> >> They removed their
> >> demand ONCE and once only; it does not have any continuing
> >> impact.
> >>
> >> If they were for some reason to abandon "veganism" and return
> >> to the
> >> market for meat products, that too would be too small to be
> >> noticed.
> >> "vegans" are even a very tiny minority with the broader
> >> vegetarian
> >> community. As a percentage of the population, they are
> >> doubtless less
> >> than one half of one percent.

> > I don't entirely agree with veg*nism but I do admire veg*ns for
> > taking
> > some responsibility for their consumer habits. If everyone
> > followed
> > their example the world would be a much better place.

> =====================================
> ROTFLMAO That's a hoot!!! Tell us what those 'examples' are
> dave. Not eating meat does not automatically mean a lesser
> impact on animals or the environment! that's been the whole
> point I've been making all along. Now, if you can prove that it
> does, be my guest. No one ever has yet, maybe you'll be the
> first!

I don't entirely agree with veganism precisely because
I don't believe that all plant agriculture is necessarily better
for animals and the environment than traditional mixed
agriculture systems. I admire vegans for taking responsibility
for their own consumer habits and avoiding the products
they can not condone. If everyone did that the world would
be a much better place.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "

snippage...

>> > I don't entirely agree with veg*nism but I do admire veg*ns
>> > for
>> > taking
>> > some responsibility for their consumer habits. If everyone
>> > followed
>> > their example the world would be a much better place.

>> =====================================
>> ROTFLMAO That's a hoot!!! Tell us what those 'examples' are
>> dave. Not eating meat does not automatically mean a lesser
>> impact on animals or the environment! that's been the whole
>> point I've been making all along. Now, if you can prove that
>> it
>> does, be my guest. No one ever has yet, maybe you'll be the
>> first!

> I don't entirely agree with veganism precisely because
> I don't believe that all plant agriculture is necessarily
> better
> for animals and the environment than traditional mixed
> agriculture systems. I admire vegans for taking responsibility
> for their own consumer habits and avoiding the products
> they can not condone.

===========================
No Dave, that's the point. They only take exception to meats.
They care nothing about the rest of the foods they eat,
regardless of whether they they cause even more deaths and
suffering. If they could tell you which foods that they do eat
cause more'less animal death and suffering then maybe you could
really admire them. Instead, they have no idea waht impact they
have. All they have is the simple rule for their simple mind,
'eat no meat.'

If everyone did that the world would
> be a much better place.

================================
Tell us how dave. I've explained that the veagn here do nothing
but focus on meats. Not a one has ever told us which of the
foods they can eat cause more/less death and suffering. Why?
Because ultimately they don't care about animals. It's all about
the typical vegan hate for people.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "

> snippage...

> >> =====================================
> >> ROTFLMAO That's a hoot!!! Tell us what those 'examples' are
> >> dave. Not eating meat does not automatically mean a lesser
> >> impact on animals or the environment! that's been the whole
> >> point I've been making all along. Now, if you can prove that
> >> it
> >> does, be my guest. No one ever has yet, maybe you'll be the
> >> first!

> > I don't entirely agree with veganism precisely because
> > I don't believe that all plant agriculture is necessarily
> > better
> > for animals and the environment than traditional mixed
> > agriculture systems. I admire vegans for taking responsibility
> > for their own consumer habits and avoiding the products
> > they can not condone.

> ===========================
> No Dave, that's the point. They only take exception to meats.

Not necessarily true. By definition vegans take exception to
all animal source foods but some vegans may also take exception
to specific plant source foods.

> They care nothing about the rest of the foods they eat,
> regardless of whether they they cause even more deaths and
> suffering. If they could tell you which foods that they do eat
> cause more'less animal death and suffering then maybe you could
> really admire them.

It is really hard to establish how much animal death and suffering
each individual item in one's diet causes. It is much easier to
follow simple rules and as simple rules go, avoiding all animal
source products is relatively effective.

> Instead, they have no idea waht impact they
> have. All they have is the simple rule for their simple mind,
> 'eat no meat.'
>
> If everyone did that the world would
> > be a much better place.

> ================================
> Tell us how dave.

If everyone took some responsibility for their consumer
habits then the cost to humans, animals and the
environment in producing conusmer goods would be
reduced.

> I've explained that the veagn here do nothing
> but focus on meats. Not a one has ever told us which of the
> foods they can eat cause more/less death and suffering. Why?

See above.

> Because ultimately they don't care about animals. It's all about
> the typical vegan hate for people.

Ipse dixit.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> snippage...

>> > I don't entirely agree with veganism precisely because
>> > I don't believe that all plant agriculture is necessarily
>> > better
>> > for animals and the environment than traditional mixed
>> > agriculture systems. I admire vegans for taking
>> > responsibility
>> > for their own consumer habits and avoiding the products
>> > they can not condone.

>> ===========================
>> No Dave, that's the point. They only take exception to meats.

> Not necessarily true. By definition vegans take exception to
> all animal source foods but some vegans may also take exception
> to specific plant source foods.

===================
None here, and that's the set I'm discussing, as I have told you
several times...

>> They care nothing about the rest of the foods they eat,
>> regardless of whether they they cause even more deaths and
>> suffering. If they could tell you which foods that they do
>> eat
>> cause more'less animal death and suffering then maybe you
>> could
>> really admire them.

> It is really hard to establish how much animal death and
> suffering
> each individual item in one's diet causes. It is much easier to
> follow simple rules and as simple rules go, avoiding all animal
> source products is relatively effective.

=========================
Prove it. That's the point. You cannot prove that being vegan
automatically means fewer animals die.
Vegans could DO some research on the subject, but instead they
prefer to just spew their hatred.

>> Instead, they have no idea waht impact they
>> have. All they have is the simple rule for their simple mind,
>> 'eat no meat.'
>>
>> If everyone did that the world would
>> > be a much better place.

>> ================================
>> Tell us how dave.

> If everyone took some responsibility for their consumer
> habits then the cost to humans, animals and the
> environment in producing conusmer goods would be
> reduced.

==========================
That doesn't explain how vegans do that dave, and you know it.
vegans have made no such choices or responsibilities.
Tell me how bananas are better than my grass-fed beef, dave. How
about rice? Tofu fake meats?

>> I've explained that the veagn here do nothing
>> but focus on meats. Not a one has ever told us which of the
>> foods they can eat cause more/less death and suffering. Why?

> See above.

Yes, see above. that's a cop out dave. Plain and simple, for
very simple minds.

>> Because ultimately they don't care about animals. It's all
>> about
>> the typical vegan hate for people.

> Ipse dixit.

but true. Tell us where they have provided proof that their diet
automatically is better than any diet that includes meat, dave...