Old 12-01-2006, 03:05 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.veg
perkyradish

Default vegetarian diet and effect on low platelet condition

What effect does a vegetarian diet have on a person with a low platelet
condition?

One of my friends is planning to turn vegetarian, but has low platelet
count.
Is there anything to watch out for?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can share some experience or
advice on this.

Old 13-01-2006, 12:16 AM posted to alt.food.vegan
Steve

perkyradish wrote:
What effect does a vegetarian diet have on a person with a low platelet
condition?

I don't think it does one way or another provided s/he eats a balanced
diet. To that end this link may be helpful:

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Old 15-01-2006, 12:44 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

Steve wrote:
perkyradish wrote:

What effect does a vegetarian diet have on a person with a low platelet
condition?

I don't think it does one way or another provided s/he eats a balanced
diet. To that end this link may be helpful:

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Juicing is great for anemia. Especially Beets. I speak from experience.