FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   vegetarian diet and effect on low platelet condition (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/78890-vegetarian-diet-effect-low.html)

perkyradish 12-01-2006 03:05 PM

vegetarian diet and effect on low platelet condition

What effect does a vegetarian diet have on a person with a low platelet
condition?

One of my friends is planning to turn vegetarian, but has low platelet
count.
Is there anything to watch out for?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can share some experience or
advice on this.

Steve 13-01-2006 12:16 AM

perkyradish wrote:
> What effect does a vegetarian diet have on a person with a low platelet
> condition?

I don't think it does one way or another provided s/he eats a balanced
diet. To that end this link may be helpful:

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Beach Runner 15-01-2006 12:44 PM

Steve wrote:
> perkyradish wrote:
>
>> What effect does a vegetarian diet have on a person with a low platelet
>> condition?

> I don't think it does one way or another provided s/he eats a balanced
> diet. To that end this link may be helpful:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
> "The great American thought trap: It is not real
> unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
> shopping mall"

Juicing is great for anemia. Especially Beets. I speak from experience.