Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Dave

Default Looking for a good book on vegan nutrition

Specifically I would like a book that provides useful and objective
nutrition information. "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and
"Plant Based Nutrition and Health" by Stephen Walsh look
promising. Anyone read either?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Steve

Dave wrote:
> Specifically I would like a book that provides useful and objective
> nutrition information. "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and
> "Plant Based Nutrition and Health" by Stephen Walsh look
> promising. Anyone read either?

I read the first and I would recommend it over Walsh's book. Walsh is
not a nutrition professional or a health professional of any kind.
Davis is a vegan, a registered dietitian, and she helped write the
American Dietetic Position Paper on vegetarianism. See the link in my
sig for a review of that book, plus other information you will be
interested in

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Dave

Steve wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> > Specifically I would like a book that provides useful and objective
> > nutrition information. "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and
> > "Plant Based Nutrition and Health" by Stephen Walsh look
> > promising. Anyone read either?
> >

> I read the first and I would recommend it over Walsh's book. Walsh is
> not a nutrition professional or a health professional of any kind.
> Davis is a vegan, a registered dietitian, and she helped write the
> American Dietetic Position Paper on vegetarianism. See the link in my
> sig for a review of that book, plus other information you will be
> interested in

Many thanks. The book seems quite helpful.

> Steve
>
> Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
> "The great American thought trap: It is not real
> unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
> shopping mall"

Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Crafting Mom

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:38:05 -0800, Dave wrote:

> Specifically I would like a book that provides useful and objective
> nutrition information. "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and
> "Plant Based Nutrition and Health" by Stephen Walsh look
> promising. Anyone read either?

I've read those, but my absolute favorite is the 850 page tome called
"Conscious Eating" by Gabriel Cousens isbn 1-55643-285-2

Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Dave

Crafting Mom wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:38:05 -0800, Dave wrote:
>
> > Specifically I would like a book that provides useful and objective
> > nutrition information. "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and
> > "Plant Based Nutrition and Health" by Stephen Walsh look
> > promising. Anyone read either?

> I've read those, but my absolute favorite is the 850 page tome called
> "Conscious Eating" by Gabriel Cousens isbn 1-55643-285-2

Did a breif search for Cousens and found an interview of him.
He sounds too good to be true and the cynic within me thinks
he probably is. I was looking for something more mainstream
but thanks anyway.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Steve

Look at my book reviews at the bottom of this page:

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Dave

Steve wrote:
> Look at my book reviews at the bottom of this page:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Ok. Only saw the 2 Davis and Melina books there, one of which
I have now read a large portion of. What do you think of the Cousens
book?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition
Steve

Dave wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>>Look at my book reviews at the bottom of this page:
>>
>>http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

> Ok. Only saw the 2 Davis and Melina books there, one of which
> I have now read a large portion of. What do you think of the Cousens
> book?

I haven'r read it.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

My new vegan nutrition DVDs Michael Greger, M.D. Vegan 0 22-02-2009 05:49 PM
WANT TO KNOW ABOUT GOOD NUTRITION APJ General Cooking 1 14-05-2008 07:09 PM
A good vegan book Richard Vegan 4 06-09-2007 03:02 AM
Awesome Free E-Newsletter on Vegetarian/Vegan Health and Nutrition Steve Vegan 0 07-08-2004 03:44 PM
Dr.Ali's Nutrition Bible-Bestselling Nutrition book at the moment-30% off list UK price kiff Marketplace 0 03-03-2004 02:30 PM