Posted to alt.food.vegan
conga

Default Gorillas are Vegan by Nature...

As far as I know...

http://www.gorilla-haven.org/indexlowrez.htm

Conga...

Thanks for the question.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"conga" > wrote in message
> As far as I know...
>
> http://www.gorilla-haven.org/indexlowrez.htm
> ======================================

LOL Yeah, gorillas in a zoo, where they are fed by people!

Also, if we were intended to have the diet of gorillas, why then
did fake-dr, not-hindu jay just post that we need to drink
gallons of water a day? Gorillas rarely, if ever, drink water...

> Conga...
>
> Thanks for the question.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

conga wrote:
> As far as I know...

You're wrong, and so are the vegan propagandists who peddle such
distortions. Mountain gorillas tend to eat no animal matter, while
lowland gorillas do.

The results of a nine-year field study of mountain gorillas
living with chimps in Uganda offer intriguing new clues to the
evolution of the modern human diet, Stanford said. The late Dian
Fossey's studies of "gorillas in the mist" may have left many
laypeople with the impression that gorillas are docile, cow-like
creatures who favor leaves, while meaty foods are left to
high-energy chimps. Fossey's gorillas, however, lived in a cold,
wet, volcanic region of Africa and had little access to meat,
Stanford explained. In more typical environments, he said,
gorillas compete aggressively with chimps for available meat
sources, and offer useful clues to the dietary adaptations of
our early hominid ancestors.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0223144712.htm

It was also found in Gabon that the gorilla frequently breaks
into termite nests to feed on the insects inside. Western
gorillas have also been observed wading through shallow pools
and swamps to harvest water plants. They further differ from
eastern animals in that they occasionally include some animal
food in their diet.
http://www.animalinfo.org/species/pr...igori.htm#Diet

Diet: Lowland gorillas are primarily vegetarians and eat fruit,
leaves, stems and other plant matter. They occasionally eat
meat, insects and eggs — if they are easy to obtain — but they
are not dependent on these food items.
http://www.kidsgowild.com/kidsgowild...ts/88075/88574

Etc.

For comparison between humans and other primates, see also:
http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/...-anat-2b.shtml
http://www.cabrillo.edu/~crsmith/UpFromTheApes.html
Posted to alt.food.vegan
conga

Thank you so much for this information and the provided links. I really
appreciate it.

Conga

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> conga wrote:
>> As far as I know...

> You're wrong, and so are the vegan propagandists who peddle such
> distortions. Mountain gorillas tend to eat no animal matter, while lowland
> gorillas do.
>
> The results of a nine-year field study of mountain gorillas
> living with chimps in Uganda offer intriguing new clues to the
> evolution of the modern human diet, Stanford said. The late Dian
> Fossey's studies of "gorillas in the mist" may have left many
> laypeople with the impression that gorillas are docile, cow-like
> creatures who favor leaves, while meaty foods are left to
> high-energy chimps. Fossey's gorillas, however, lived in a cold,
> wet, volcanic region of Africa and had little access to meat,
> Stanford explained. In more typical environments, he said,
> gorillas compete aggressively with chimps for available meat
> sources, and offer useful clues to the dietary adaptations of
> our early hominid ancestors.
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0223144712.htm
>
> It was also found in Gabon that the gorilla frequently breaks
> into termite nests to feed on the insects inside. Western
> gorillas have also been observed wading through shallow pools
> and swamps to harvest water plants. They further differ from
> eastern animals in that they occasionally include some animal
> food in their diet.
> http://www.animalinfo.org/species/pr...igori.htm#Diet
>
> Diet: Lowland gorillas are primarily vegetarians and eat fruit,
> leaves, stems and other plant matter. They occasionally eat
> meat, insects and eggs — if they are easy to obtain — but they
> are not dependent on these food items.
> http://www.kidsgowild.com/kidsgowild...ts/88075/88574
>
> Etc.
>
> For comparison between humans and other primates, see also:
> http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/...-anat-2b.shtml
> http://www.cabrillo.edu/~crsmith/UpFromTheApes.html

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

conga wrote:
> Thank you so much for this information and the provided links. I really
> appreciate it.

You're welcome. Now please stop top-posting.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

usual suspect wrote:
> conga wrote:
> > Thank you so much for this information and the provided links. I really
> > appreciate it.

> You're welcome. Now please stop top-posting.

Yes, and snap to attention and give Useless a big "Seig Heil"