Posted to alt.food.vegan
conga

Default I love being a Vegan Newbie - Gratitude & Appreciaton Enclosed.

I am nearing my one year point and haven't felt this great in a long, long time. I still struggle with the Diary Products, ie... cakes, cookies, etc... Mostly eggs. I feel healther, less heavier, play congas much longer with stamina. I even have a deal with a local Chinese Restaurant to make tailor made dishes for me.

When I eat out with others they complain of a heavy feeling while I indicate I don't feel that any more. I now feel that being a Vegan is our next step up the evolutionary ladder.

It's awesome. Thank you to all those that gave me advice last year this time.

Ciao!!!

Conga
email me for webpage reqeustes.

Insecurity is self-imposed.
"Conga"
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

conga wrote:
> I am nearing my one year point and haven't felt this great in a long,
> long time. I still struggle with the Diary Products, ie... cakes,
> cookies, etc... Mostly eggs. I feel healther, less heavier, play congas

All anecdotal, especially the crap about banging on congas.

> When I eat out with others they complain of a heavy feeling while I
> indicate I don't feel that any more. I now feel that being a Vegan is
> our next step up the evolutionary ladder.

Wrong, it's several steps *down*. It was meat, and the fat from it,
which ultimately separated man from apes with respect to cognitive
abilities.

See:
http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/chapters/s6549.html
Also see beyondveg.com.

> Insecurity is self-imposed.

So is ignorance, but too many of you insist it's bliss.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> conga wrote:
> > I am nearing my one year point and haven't felt this great in a long,
> > long time. I still struggle with the Diary Products, ie... cakes,
> > cookies, etc... Mostly eggs. I feel healther, less heavier, play congas

> All anecdotal, especially the crap about banging on congas.
>
> > When I eat out with others they complain of a heavy feeling while I
> > indicate I don't feel that any more. I now feel that being a Vegan is
> > our next step up the evolutionary ladder.

> Wrong, it's several steps *down*. It was meat, and the fat from it,
> which ultimately separated man from apes with respect to cognitive
> abilities.

Then why didn't cognitive evolution
happen to lions, tigers and pirhanas??

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> See:
> http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/chapters/s6549.html
> Also see beyondveg.com.
>
> > Insecurity is self-imposed.

> So is ignorance, but too many of you insist it's bliss.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Scented Nectar wrote:
> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
> > conga wrote:
> > > I am nearing my one year point and haven't felt this great in a long,
> > > long time. I still struggle with the Diary Products, ie... cakes,
> > > cookies, etc... Mostly eggs. I feel healther, less heavier, play congas

> > All anecdotal, especially the crap about banging on congas.
> >
> > > When I eat out with others they complain of a heavy feeling while I
> > > indicate I don't feel that any more. I now feel that being a Vegan is
> > > our next step up the evolutionary ladder.

> > Wrong, it's several steps *down*. It was meat, and the fat from it,
> > which ultimately separated man from apes with respect to cognitive
> > abilities.

> Then why didn't cognitive evolution
> happen to lions, tigers and pirhanas??

I can't wait to see what kind of claptrap Useless will spew as an
answer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
>
> > See:
> > http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/chapters/s6549.html
> > Also see beyondveg.com.
> >
> > > Insecurity is self-imposed.

> > So is ignorance, but too many of you insist it's bliss.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
>>>I am nearing my one year point and haven't felt this great in a long,
>>>long time. I still struggle with the Diary Products, ie... cakes,
>>>cookies, etc... Mostly eggs. I feel healther, less heavier, play congas

>>All anecdotal, especially the crap about banging on congas.
>>

>>>When I eat out with others they complain of a heavy feeling while I
>>>indicate I don't feel that any more. I now feel that being a Vegan is
>>>our next step up the evolutionary ladder.

>>Wrong, it's several steps *down*. It was meat, and the fat from it,
>>which ultimately separated man from apes with respect to cognitive
>>abilities.

> Then why didn't cognitive evolution
> happen to lions, tigers and pirhanas??

Each of those species *has* undergone its own cognitive evolution within
the limits of its own genetic potential. So has every other species.
Humans and other high primates (I'm still trying to figure out if this
applies to you and knuckle-dragging prats like Dreck) have much greater
genetic potential for cognition than the species you cited.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

congas

> >>All anecdotal, especially the crap about banging on congas.

> >>Wrong, it's several steps *down*. It was meat, and the fat from it,
> >>which ultimately separated man from apes with respect to cognitive
> >>abilities.

> > Then why didn't cognitive evolution
> > happen to lions, tigers and pirhanas??

> Each of those species *has* undergone its own cognitive evolution within
> the limits of its own genetic potential. So has every other species.
> Humans and other high primates (I'm still trying to figure out if this
> applies to you and knuckle-dragging prats like Dreck) have much greater
> genetic potential for cognition than the species you cited.

What a pathetic attempt at reason.
If you really believed that, then why
haven't you become (more) retarded
by being vegetarian? Hypocrite.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Scented Nectar wrote:

> congas

> > > Then why didn't cognitive evolution
> > > happen to lions, tigers and pirhanas??

> > Each of those species *has* undergone its own cognitive evolution within
> > the limits of its own genetic potential. So has every other species.
> > Humans and other high primates (I'm still trying to figure out if this
> > applies to you and knuckle-dragging prats like Dreck) have much greater
> > genetic potential for cognition than the species you cited.

> What a pathetic attempt at reason.
> If you really believed that, then why
> haven't you become (more) retarded
> by being vegetarian? Hypocrite.

because he was as retarded as he could possibly be right from the
beginning?

That's my best guess given the evidence.

;o)

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Scented Nectar wrote:

long,

> > congas

is

> > > Each of those species *has* undergone its own cognitive evolution

within
> > > the limits of its own genetic potential. So has every other species.
> > > Humans and other high primates (I'm still trying to figure out if this
> > > applies to you and knuckle-dragging prats like Dreck) have much

greater
> > > genetic potential for cognition than the species you cited.

> > What a pathetic attempt at reason.
> > If you really believed that, then why
> > haven't you become (more) retarded
> > by being vegetarian? Hypocrite.

> because he was as retarded as he could possibly be right from the
> beginning?
>
> That's my best guess given the evidence.
>
> ;o)

I'll bet he's too retarded to cite any
studies saying that meat and fat eating
causes cognitive evolution. It's one of
the nuttiest things I've ever heard of.
There are no such studies because
Useless made it up.

> > --
> > SN
> > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky stupidly (what else is new) wrote:

> congas

>>>Then why didn't cognitive evolution
>>>happen to lions, tigers and pirhanas??

>>Each of those species *has* undergone its own cognitive evolution within
>>the limits of its own genetic potential. So has every other species.
>>Humans and other high primates (I'm still trying to figure out if this
>>applies to you and knuckle-dragging prats like Dreck) have much greater
>>genetic potential for cognition than the species you cited.

> What a pathetic attempt at reason.

I suspect they don't discuss cognitive evolution on your soap operas.

...[T]hese marginal bipeds found a light at the end of the
endless search-for-energy tunnel: meat. The meat came in the
form of both small game animals, which could be captured and
eaten raw, and the carcasses of animals, both small and large,
for which the Promethean humans fanned out in search of each
day.

Meat eating provided a new and crucial source of protein, fat,
and calories that may have enabled the evolution of bigger
brains and helped our cognitive abilities to evolve. As meat
eating became more important, our ancestors adopted new ways of
life that resulted in a hominid that began to rule the planet.
Being bipedal did not, contrary to popular conceptions, lead
directly to brain expansion; the two events occurred millions of
years apart in evolutionary time.

The traditional view of human origins goes something like this:
Six million years ago an ape ancestor left the comfort and
security of the African forests for life on the savanna. Its new
home offered many opportunities for advancement — including open
country and a meat-rich diet that the old home lacked. The ape
evolved a means of travel in which standing upright became not
just a quick periscope but a way of life. Upright posture
allowed our ancestors to carry tools, chunks of butchered
carcass, and even babies.

But the trade-off was enormous. Predators of every shape and
size, from leopards to saber-toothed cats, wandered the grass
searching for prey all day and night. The new stance left the
emerging human without a means of rapidly escaping predators.

The single advantage that allowed early humanity to survive, and
turned the tide in favor of our lineage, was a rapidly expanding
brain. Armed only with its wits, the runty little human eked out
an existence for millions of years, eventually prospering and
sending its progeny into the present as big-brained Homo
sapiens.
http://tinyurl.com/8odvy

While the specific evolutionary factor(s) that drove the
increase in human brain size are still being speculated about,
one recent paper suggests that--whatever the causes--the
evolutionary increase in brain size would not have been able to
be supported physiologically without an increased intake of
preformed long-chain fatty acids, which are an essential
component in the formation of brain tissue.

Lack of sufficient intake of long-chain fatty acids in the diet
would therefore be a limiting factor on brain growth, and these
are much richer in animal foods than plant. (Relative brain size
development in herbivorous mammals was apparently limited by the
amount of these fatty acids in plant food that was available to
them.) Given the foods available in humanity's habitat during
evolution, the necessary level of long-chain fatty acids to
support the increasing size of the human brain would therefore
presumably only have been available through increased intake of
flesh.

In addition, a recent analysis updating the picture of
encephalization (relative brain size) changes in humans during
our evolutionary history has revealed that human cranial
capacity has decreased by 11% in the last 35,000 years, the bulk
of it (8%) in the last 10,000 [Ruff, Trinkaus, and Holliday
1997]. Eaton [1998] notes that this correlates well with
decreasing amounts of animal food in the human diet during this
timeframe. (Of particular relevance here is that most of this
decrease in animal foods correlates with the dawn of agriculture
10,000 years ago.)
http://www.beyondveg.com/nicholson-w...erview1f.shtml

See also:
http://hcs.harvard.edu/~husn/BRAIN/vol2/Primate.html
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/72/6/1584-a

Etc.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
> I'll bet he's too retarded to cite any
> studies saying that meat and fat eating
> causes cognitive evolution.

Wrong verb tense, Skanky. *Has caused*.

> It's one of the nuttiest things I've ever heard of.

Just because it's not on General Hospital doesn't make it nutty.

> There are no such studies

What alternative "atmosphere" are you in, Skanky? Maybe if you'd pull
your head out of your ass...

On second thought, why should you change at 43?

[...]

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Bawl

usual suspect wrote:

> > congas

> >>Each of those species *has* undergone its own cognitive evolution within
> >>the limits of its own genetic potential. So has every other species.
> >>Humans and other high primates (I'm still trying to figure out if this
> >>applies to you and knuckle-dragging prats like Dreck) have much greater
> >>genetic potential for cognition than the species you cited.

> > What a pathetic attempt at reason.

> I suspect they don't discuss cognitive evolution on your soap operas.
>
> ...[T]hese marginal bipeds found a light at the end of the
> endless search-for-energy tunnel: meat. The meat came in the
> form of both small game animals, which could be captured and
> eaten raw, and the carcasses of animals, both small and large,
> for which the Promethean humans fanned out in search of each
> day.
>
> Meat eating provided a new and crucial source of protein, fat,
> and calories that may have enabled the evolution of bigger
> brains and helped our cognitive abilities to evolve.

The key words here are "MAY HAVE". This is pure opinion to reinforce
the opinion that meat eating is somehow beneficial.
If you wish to promote this unsubstantiated-with-evidence opinion, you
may have to explain why with all the fat being eaten that brains aren't
continually getting bigger.

You are a scam artist and promoter of junk science and that is why you
are known as USELESS!

newbie love here clowey Barbecue 3 24-02-2012 11:40 AM
newbie love here clowey Barbecue 0 04-02-2012 02:48 PM
How I enclosed my WSM [email protected][_2_] Barbecue 0 04-07-2008 06:17 PM
A vegan love story Lifeknox Vegan 2 29-09-2004 05:17 PM
Newbie confused about some vegan things Cheerful Pickle Vegan 3 16-04-2004 06:44 PM