Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default 2 Sides Of The Holidays

2 Sides Of The Holidays

Well, it appears that we all got through our ThanXgivings, but even
before that "holiday" came around, the media was gearing us up for
the next event.

Xmas outshines them all, but there is Chanukkah, Kwanzaa and the
Winter Solstice.

No matter what side of the fence you are on about these upcoming
December "traditions," you can find what you are looking for at the
discussion lists below.

Already I have posted about shopping, recipes, history and politics
surrounding this time of the year.

If you would like all this information - and, more - come join us!

Either way, enjoy whatever it is you 'celebrate' or identify with.

Fidyl
Live Simply So That
Others May Simply Live
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yoga-With-Nancy/

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

wrote:
> 2 Sides Of The Holidays
>
> Well, it appears that we all got through our ThanXgivings

Your selfish and hateful fast was probably more of an ordeal for you
than the feasts were for the rest of us.

> but even
> before that "holiday" came around, the media was gearing us up for
> the next event.

The media are to blame? Maybe you didn't realize it, dummy, but the
seasons pretty much run together. The media aren't to blame for it.

> Xmas outshines them all,

Outshines?

> but there is Chanukkah, Kwanzaa and the
> Winter Solstice.

More time for you to display your contempt for your fellow man by
starving yourself.

> No matter what side of the fence

What fence?

> you are on about these upcoming
> December "traditions,"

You're contemptible for rejecting familiar traditions and replacing them
with your own. That was obvious with your twisted appeals for others to
join you in fasting at Thanksgiving (2003 and 2005), as well as your
hateful blathering while using an adherent of a religion that approves
of such "traditions" would use. You lied in the earlier Thanksgiving
posts, and you showed through your hatred for the religion in which you
were probably raised that you're a two-bit phony of a yogi.

> you can find what you are looking for at the
> discussion lists below.

People will only find your hate-filled bullshit there.

> Already I have posted about shopping, recipes, history and politics

I don't doubt the "politics" bother you tremendously -- as was clear
from your contempt for family and tradition at Thanksgiving. It's
worthless if it's like your bogus "history" of the first Thanksgiving.

> Live Simply So That
> Others May Simply Live

Why do you want to *impoverish* yourself in the name of those who are
struggling to come here to enjoy the freedom and prosperity you have,
you navel-gazing twit? Your loony brand of austerity is an empty gesture
considering there are people dying right off your ****ing coast after
floating up from Haiti, the DR, and Cuba to try to live the way you do.
If you're half as sincere as you think you are, trade places with one of
them and see how much you really like "living simply." Hypocrite.

Sides I just love Hovdv Barbecue 0 08-09-2007 02:40 PM
2 Sides Of The Holidays Rly Ngry Vegan 0 01-12-2006 11:24 AM
Sides Suggestion? S'mee General Cooking 8 18-10-2005 03:46 AM
2 Sides Of The Holidays Fidyl Vegan 1 04-12-2004 05:04 PM
Quick Sides -L. General Cooking 4 21-01-2004 05:55 AM