Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

Default A real wild turkey

Hopefully you looked at all those pictures Usual Subjects posted about
turkeys, showing them packed like sardines.

I also posted pictures, that showed conditions the industry doesn't want
you to see.

Now, what does a real turkey look like? What does he act like? Why did
Benjamin Franklin want the turkey to be our national bird.

Come view http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i3100id.html

And you'll see what a real turkey is. A magnificent creature.

And yes, I lived in Southwest South Dakota and Nebraska and saw plenty
of wild turkeys.

Beach Runner
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Beach Blunder wrote:
> Hopefully you looked at all those pictures Usual Subjects posted about
> turkeys, showing them packed like sardines.

They weren't packed like sardines.

> I also posted pictures, that showed conditions the industry doesn't want
> you to see.

The "industry" doesn't care if you see pics like the ones you linked --
the "industry" abhors abuse just as much as you do. They also know
there's a danger in exposing abusers because idiots like you will
suggest they're the norm rather than isolated.

> Now, what does a real turkey look like?

Wild turkeys are real. Domestic turkeys are real. Both are real, dumb ass.

> What does he act like?

He acts wiser and far more noble than you do, birdbrain.

> Why did
> Benjamin Franklin want the turkey to be our national bird.

It was tongue in cheek:
http://www.greatseal.com/symbols/turkey.html

> Come view http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i3100id.html
>
> And you'll see what a real turkey is.

I see what a real turkey is everytime I try to read your rambling posts.

> A magnificent creature.

Especially compared with you.

> And yes, I lived in Southwest South Dakota and Nebraska and saw plenty
> of wild turkeys.

You see one in the mirror.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:
> Beach Blunder wrote:
>
>> Hopefully you looked at all those pictures Usual Subjects posted about
>> turkeys, showing them packed like sardines.

> They weren't packed like sardines.
>
>> I also posted pictures, that showed conditions the industry doesn't
>> want you to see.

> The "industry" doesn't care if you see pics like the ones you linked --
> the "industry" abhors abuse just as much as you do. They also know
> there's a danger in exposing abusers because idiots like you will
> suggest they're the norm rather than isolated.
>
>> Now, what does a real turkey look like?

> Wild turkeys are real. Domestic turkeys are real. Both are real, dumb ass.
>
>> What does he act like?

> He acts wiser and far more noble than you do, birdbrain.
>
>> Why did Benjamin Franklin want the turkey to be our national bird.

> It was tongue in cheek:
> http://www.greatseal.com/symbols/turkey.html
>
>> Come view http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i3100id.html
>>
>> And you'll see what a real turkey is.

> I see what a real turkey is everytime I try to read your rambling posts.
>
>> A magnificent creature.

> Especially compared with you.
>
>> And yes, I lived in Southwest South Dakota and Nebraska and saw plenty
>> of wild turkeys.

> You see one in the mirror.

The production Turkeys look nothing like the one's in the wild. They've
been modified grossly.

Anyway, what did I ever do to you that you are so mean to me? Hopefully
people can disagree in a reasonable manner. I do so.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Beach Bumbler whined:
>>> Hopefully you looked at all those pictures Usual Subjects posted
>>> about turkeys, showing them packed like sardines.

>> They weren't packed like sardines.
>>
>>> I also posted pictures, that showed conditions the industry doesn't
>>> want you to see.

>> The "industry" doesn't care if you see pics like the ones you linked
>> -- the "industry" abhors abuse just as much as you do. They also know
>> there's a danger in exposing abusers because idiots like you will
>> suggest they're the norm rather than isolated.
>>
>>> Now, what does a real turkey look like?

>> Wild turkeys are real. Domestic turkeys are real. Both are real, dumb
>> ass.
>>
>>> What does he act like?

>> He acts wiser and far more noble than you do, birdbrain.
>>
>>> Why did Benjamin Franklin want the turkey to be our national bird.

>> It was tongue in cheek:
>> http://www.greatseal.com/symbols/turkey.html
>>
>>> Come view http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i3100id.html
>>>
>>> And you'll see what a real turkey is.

>> I see what a real turkey is everytime I try to read your rambling posts.
>>
>>> A magnificent creature.

>> Especially compared with you.
>>
>>> And yes, I lived in Southwest South Dakota and Nebraska and saw
>>> plenty of wild turkeys.

>> You see one in the mirror.

> The production Turkeys look nothing like the one's in the wild.

They shouldn't look alike.

> They've been modified grossly.

No, they've been bred to produce the parts consumers demand.

> Anyway, what did I ever do to you that you are so mean to me?

*playing mock violin*

Review your posting history and see for yourself.

> Hopefully people can disagree in a reasonable manner.

You should've tried that earlier.

> I do so.

Liar:

You're simply an asshole who deserves to
get his ass kicked.
-- Violent Bob, 23 July 2005: http://tinyurl.com/9k2ml

You're the only one who's responded with threats of violence in this group.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:48:17 GMT, Beach Runner > wrote:

>Anyway, what did I ever do to you that you are so mean to me? Hopefully
>people can disagree in a reasonable manner. I do so.

It's apparent you did nothing;
Laugh at Usual and see him in the puny manhood he represents himselsf
as on the internet. He's found his safe cozy niche as an online s--t
disturber.... but only if you give him that satisfaction and high
regard.
All he's doing is playing King of the Pricks on the internet with his
egghead intelligence as his crutch.
You can bet he grew up this way too, whining to his mom at breakfast
about boiling his eggs 30 seconds too long, and at school he probably
learned very fast and painfully to keep his vile mischieviousness to
himself.
Usual regurgitates what he collects online very well but that
shouldn't be equated to him having any status of significance, so
above all take his snipes with a grain of salt - because he won't
stop. He can't control himself. This is probably the only situation he
feels any power in his life and yearns to feed off others intense
attention he's given-in his case, the worse the better.
If Usual was around a millenium earlier he'd have had a job as the
King's lapdog/court jester/right-hand man[hand] jerker.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
<...>
> If Usual was around a millenium earlier he'd have had a job as the
> King's lapdog/court jester/right-hand man[hand] jerker.

Since you've done nothing to add substance to any discussion here, and
since you've managed only a supremely feeble imitation of doing that
which you accuse me of doing, how does it feel to be the court jester's
bitch?
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Joe" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:48:17 GMT, Beach Runner >
> wrote:
>

>>Anyway, what did I ever do to you that you are so mean to me?
>>Hopefully
>>people can disagree in a reasonable manner. I do so.

> It's apparent you did nothing;

======================
No, Joe, Boobs stupidity knows no bounds. He invites abuse, not
to respect that wish would be rude of us!

> Laugh at Usual and see him in the puny manhood he represents
> himselsf
> as on the internet. He's found his safe cozy niche as an online
> s--t
> disturber.... but only if you give him that satisfaction and
> high
> regard.
> All he's doing is playing King of the Pricks on the internet
> with his
> egghead intelligence as his crutch.
> You can bet he grew up this way too, whining to his mom at
> breakfast
> about boiling his eggs 30 seconds too long, and at school he
> probably
> learned very fast and painfully to keep his vile
> mischieviousness to
> himself.
> Usual regurgitates what he collects online very well but that
> shouldn't be equated to him having any status of significance,
> so
> above all take his snipes with a grain of salt - because he
> won't
> stop. He can't control himself. This is probably the only
> situation he
> feels any power in his life and yearns to feed off others
> intense
> attention he's given-in his case, the worse the better.
> If Usual was around a millenium earlier he'd have had a job as
> the
> King's lapdog/court jester/right-hand man[hand] jerker.

==========================
And you Joe, have become far less, because all you seem to be
able to do is focus on anything but the topics at hand. Why is
that? Can't back up Boob's stupid rantings? Can't refute what
US says, so instead you have to zero in on the method. Sounds to
me like YOU don't have much of a leg to stand on, and are too
corwardly to address the issues.

> Usenet News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> 120,000+ Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
> Encryption =----

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:46:05 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

because all you seem to be
>able to do is focus on anything but the topics at hand. Why is
>that? Can't back up Boob's stupid rantings? Can't refute what
>US says, so instead you have to zero in on the method. Sounds to
>me like YOU don't have much of a leg to stand on, and are too
>corwardly to address the issues.

>> Usenet News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> 120,000+ Newsgroups
>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>> Encryption =----

Hardly coward,lol!.... just not dopey enough to pretend this NG is my
area of expertise-even for arguments sake.... unless I see a sliver
where I can be a fly in the ointment. [re; fruits and veggies!]

Contrary to what you guess-timate, Suspect and Rick, I like going
through your comments and links. I very much like seeing both sides of
an argument- believe it or not.
For the most part I'm not interested in refuting what most folks here
say. More than most NGs you regular folks here give good accounts of
your opinions.
What can I add that will change either sides mind in most topics
presented here since you and others obviously state your cases with
more knowledge than I know about in many areas discussed. That'd be a
silly waste of time for me to do. Some other subjects however I can
ramble on in such a way that'd make U.S and your detailed writings
look like short rhymes.... but not in this NG.

Normally all I do is I browse through topics of moderate interest to
me in NGs and chatrooms and don't add comments-just take in what
others present-of both sides. The extent to which Usual sprinkles vile
comments in his otherwise good commentary can't slip by me unanswered
that easily unfortunately, but I'll try not to attack those snipes any
further in future.

I'm not sure why you smart folks can't ease up on the degree ITSELF of
name-calling-its simply overkill to your well-stated arguments.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Joe" > wrote in message

> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:46:05 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

> because all you seem to be
>>able to do is focus on anything but the topics at hand. Why is
>>that? Can't back up Boob's stupid rantings? Can't refute what
>>US says, so instead you have to zero in on the method. Sounds
>>me like YOU don't have much of a leg to stand on, and are too
>>corwardly to address the issues.

>>> Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure
>>> Usenet News==----
>>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
>>> World!
>>> 120,000+ Newsgroups
>>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>>> Encryption =----

> Hardly coward,lol!....

===============
So you say... Still looks like cowardice to never discuss the
issues, and focus on delivery instead.

just not dopey enough to pretend this NG is my
> area of expertise-even for arguments sake.... unless I see a
> sliver
> where I can be a fly in the ointment. [re; fruits and veggies!]
>
> Contrary to what you guess-timate, Suspect and Rick, I like
> going
> through your comments and links. I very much like seeing both
> sides of
> an argument- believe it or not.
> For the most part I'm not interested in refuting what most
> folks here
> say. More than most NGs you regular folks here give good
> accounts of
> your opinions.
> What can I add that will change either sides mind in most
> topics
> presented here since you and others obviously state your cases
> with
> more knowledge than I know about in many areas discussed.
> That'd be a
> silly waste of time for me to do. Some other subjects however I
> can
> ramble on in such a way that'd make U.S and your detailed
> writings
> look like short rhymes.... but not in this NG.
>
> Normally all I do is I browse through topics of moderate
> interest to
> me in NGs and chatrooms and don't add comments-just take in
> what
> others present-of both sides. The extent to which Usual
> sprinkles vile
> comments in his otherwise good commentary can't slip by me
> unanswered
> that easily unfortunately, but I'll try not to attack those
> snipes any
> further in future.
>
> I'm not sure why you smart folks can't ease up on the degree
> ITSELF of
> name-calling-its simply overkill to your well-stated arguments.

> Usenet News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> >100,000 Newsgroups

> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
> Encryption =---

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> You're simply an asshole who deserves to
> get his ass kicked.
> -- Violent Bob, 23 July 2005: http://tinyurl.com/9k2ml
>
> You're the only one who's responded with threats of violence in this group.

You're right, I reacted to your insults. I certainly never started
them. You insult most everyone. You use obscenities at good kind
hearted woman.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
.. .

> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> You're simply an asshole who deserves to
>> get his ass kicked.
>> -- Violent Bob, 23 July 2005: http://tinyurl.com/9k2ml
>>
>> You're the only one who's responded with threats of violence
>> in this group.

> You're right, I reacted to your insults. I certainly never
> started them. You insult most everyone. You use obscenities
> at good kind hearted woman.

=======================
No, she is a proven liar, fool. that you continue to defend
those lys is no surprise, since usenet veganism is all about lys,
eh killer?

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Beach Blunder wrote:
>> You're simply an asshole who deserves to
>> get his ass kicked.
>> -- Violent Bob, 23 July 2005: http://tinyurl.com/9k2ml
>>
>> You're the only one who's responded with threats of violence in this
>> group.

> You're right,

And you've never once apologized for sinking to that level. *******.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:15:11 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

>So you say... Still looks like cowardice to never discuss the
>issues, and focus on delivery instead.

>> Usenet News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> >100,000 Newsgroups

>> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>> Encryption =---

Rick, I say again. This group is not my area of expertise... nutrition
I can discuss at length in a few areas, but most of the topics brought
up here are new and insightful for me. Many regular folks here know
their stuff, albeit contrary viewpoints, nevertheless very informed.
Why should I be a phoney and pretend I know about MOST of the issues
presented just for arguments sake. I really do prefer absorbing all
the info/links presented by you regulars, otherwise I wouldn't be
here.
For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the avocado's
thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply that I
go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to me
anyway].

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe the jester's bitch wrote:
> Rick, I say again

Why bother repeating yourself when you didn't have anything to say the
first time around?

<...>
> For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the avocado's
> thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply that I
> go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to me
> anyway].

Yet those are issues which should be weighed by those advocating one
form of consumerism (i.e., veganism) over another. The carcinogens
produced by transporting foods from one region of the world to another
have to be considered. So, too, do the deaths related to producing one
kind of food rather than another. The issue isn't whether or not you eat
meat, it's what kind you eat.

Consider this example. Suppose you visit Beach Bunghole Bob in sunny
south Florida. He objects when you say you want to eat a small piece of
steak or a hamburger; he preaches to you about compassion for cattle,
and even engages in scaremongering about very rare diseases. You only
want a quarter-pound serving from a steer that yielded a few hundred
pounds of meat -- an insignificant fraction of the animal. The beef is
even most likely produced right there in Florida, or at least in a
neighboring state or Texas.

Bob tells you to drizzle an avocado with some olive oil and eat that
instead. You cave in to his request. When you cut open the avocado, you
remove a sticker that tells you it was grown in Mexico. You remove the
pit and scoop out the green goodness. He hands you a bottle of olive oil
and you catch the glimpse of the part that says it's blended from oils
grown in Spain, Italy, and Morocco. You drizzle it on the avocado and
eat away. Bob is happy that you're not eating meat. You're happy you
have an avocado, but would be happier with some steak.

The question Bob has to ask himself is, How many animals died in
producing the olives and the avocado? The answer will be more than one
-- from pesticides to rat poison to toxic and carcinogenic pollution
from diesel exhaust to get food from one continent to another and from
one part of the country to another. That drizzled avocado cost more
animal lives than your steak would've.

The life of a cow and the life of a mouse should count equally. In the
vegan scheme of things, they don't. The vegan objects when a fraction of
a dead animal ends up on a *plate*, not when many animals die in the
course of food production.

If you're genuinely concerned about minimizing the number of animals
harmed by your consumption, start by eating a locally-produced diet
rather one that includes foods shipped over sea or by air. That means no
tropical fruits like bananas unless you live in the tropics. Grow your
own produce or buy from a local farm; the less equipment they use, the
better. If you enjoy meat, eat larger species that have been grazed
exclusively (no grain rations during growth, no fattening), and wild
game and fish. The footprint from such a diet would be tremendously
smaller than a "vegan" who consumes imported foods, foods grown
commercially, and processed protein isolates (fake meats) which involve
even more shipping and storage.

If you think the whole issue is trivial, eat what you enjoy and don't
take shit from vegans or anyone else about your own preferences. It's
nobody else's business what you choose to put in your mouth. Nor is it
yours what they put in their mouths.

Whatever you do, don't pretend you're saving animals from harm simply by
not eating them. You're not.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Blunder wrote:
>
>>> You're simply an asshole who deserves to
>>> get his ass kicked.
>>> -- Violent Bob, 23 July 2005: http://tinyurl.com/9k2ml
>>>
>>> You're the only one who's responded with threats of violence in this
>>> group.

>> You're right,

> And you've never once apologized for sinking to that level. *******.

I apologize for letting my emotions get the better of me.

You should apologize to many many people for your abusive insults.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Joe" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:15:11 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

>>So you say... Still looks like cowardice to never discuss the
>>issues, and focus on delivery instead.

>>> Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure
>>> Usenet News==----
>>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
>>> World!
>>> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>>> Encryption =---

> Rick, I say again. This group is not my area of expertise...
> nutrition
> I can discuss at length in a few areas,

============================
But arm-chair psychiatry and usenet etiquette are areas of your
expertise? Or is the same name-calling you're complaining about
your expertise? Now, I say again, why continue posting the same
stuff that you are complaining about? If you do not want to
reply to the issues, fine, but why then focus only on the
delvery?

but most of the topics brought
> up here are new and insightful for me. Many regular folks here
> know
> their stuff, albeit contrary viewpoints, nevertheless very
> informed.
> Why should I be a phoney and pretend I know about MOST of the
> issues
> presented just for arguments sake. I really do prefer absorbing
> all
> the info/links presented by you regulars, otherwise I wouldn't
> be
> here.
> For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the
> avocado's
> thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply
> that I
> go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to
> me
> anyway].

> Usenet News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> >100,000 Newsgroups

> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
> Encryption =---

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

Joe wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:15:11 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

>>So you say... Still looks like cowardice to never discuss the
>>issues, and focus on delivery instead.

>>>Usenet News==----
>>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>>>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>>>Encryption =---

> Rick, I say again. This group is not my area of expertise... nutrition
> I can discuss at length in a few areas, but most of the topics brought
> up here are new and insightful for me. Many regular folks here know
> their stuff, albeit contrary viewpoints, nevertheless very informed.
> Why should I be a phoney and pretend I know about MOST of the issues
> presented just for arguments sake. I really do prefer absorbing all
> the info/links presented by you regulars, otherwise I wouldn't be
> here.
> For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the avocado's
> thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply that I
> go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to me
> anyway].

But it was bullshit. All produce is trucked all over the world. We are
always better off with local produce. So are other food products.
Avocados have especially healthy oils.

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:50:43 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

>But arm-chair psychiatry and usenet etiquette are areas of your
>expertise?

Actually Rick, I'm just about done with my comments as they are
getting repititive.
I've mentioned it before how I've seen flamewars in other NGs that
were really horrid. The run-of-the mill [lack of ] etiquette in a
typical usenet flamewar doesn't bother me at all.

>why continue posting the same
>stuff that you are complaining about? If you do not want to
>reply to the issues, fine, but why then focus only on the
>delvery?

Those unsavoury comments I made were at most speculations and fired
off just to be a prick since seeing the delivery of stinging personal
comments at others who didn't 'seem' to instigate that level of retort
is what bumps me out of my normal 'peep'-mode; it's reflexive instinct
by my nature- and I know that isn't a validation.

> but most of the topics brought
>> up here are new and insightful for me. Many regular folks here
>> know
>> their stuff, albeit contrary viewpoints, nevertheless very
>> informed.
>> Why should I be a phoney and pretend I know about MOST of the
>> issues
>> presented just for arguments sake. I really do prefer absorbing
>> all
>> the info/links presented by you regulars, otherwise I wouldn't
>> be
>> here.
>> For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the
>> avocado's
>> thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply
>> that I
>> go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to
>> me
>> anyway].

>> Usenet News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> >100,000 Newsgroups

>> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>> Encryption =---

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:06:19 GMT, Beach Runner > wrote:

>Avocados have especially healthy oils.

>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
>> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

I liked the depth of info Usual presented. I eat avocados two or 3
times a week. I often drizzle mine with organic yogurt and ground dill
leaves or ground anise. They're not only good in monounsaturated fats
but low in carbs and have a decent amount of proteins too as far as
vegetables go..

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Beach Bunghole wrote:

>>> You're right,

>> And you've never once apologized for sinking to that level. *******.

> I apologize

Good. Happy Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Bunghole Runner wrote:
>>> So you say... Still looks like cowardice to never discuss the

>> Rick, I say again. This group is not my area of expertise... nutrition
>> I can discuss at length in a few areas, but most of the topics brought
>> up here are new and insightful for me. Many regular folks here know
>> their stuff, albeit contrary viewpoints, nevertheless very informed.
>> Why should I be a phoney and pretend I know about MOST of the issues
>> presented just for arguments sake. I really do prefer absorbing all
>> the info/links presented by you regulars, otherwise I wouldn't be
>> here. For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the avocado's
>> thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply that I
>> go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to me
>> anyway].

> But it was bullshit.

No, it wasn't. Look below -- you agreed with my conclusion. Dummy!

> All produce is trucked all over the world.

Not all of it. The tomatoes and basil and garlic I'm about to have were
grown in my backyard. The lettuces in my salad were grown in my
greenhouse. Nothing in my lunch today was shipped.

> We are always better off with local produce.

So after you call my post "bullshit" you fully *agree* with me. Too funny!

> So are other food products.
> Avocados have especially healthy oils.

You're a rambling piece of dung.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

>>> Rick, I say again. This group is not my area of expertise... nutrition
>>> I can discuss at length in a few areas, but most of the topics brought
>>> up here are new and insightful for me. Many regular folks here know
>>> their stuff, albeit contrary viewpoints, nevertheless very informed.
>>> Why should I be a phoney and pretend I know about MOST of the issues
>>> presented just for arguments sake. I really do prefer absorbing all
>>> the info/links presented by you regulars, otherwise I wouldn't be
>>> here. For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the avocado's
>>> thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply that I
>>> go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to me
>>> anyway].

>> But it was bullshit.

> No, it wasn't. Look below -- you agreed with my conclusion. Dummy!
>
>> All produce is trucked all over the world.

> Not all of it. The tomatoes and basil and garlic I'm about to have were
> grown in my backyard. The lettuces in my salad were grown in my
> greenhouse. Nothing in my lunch today was shipped.
>
>> We are always better off with local produce.

That is true. But we have developed an economy that fills the groceries
will farmed produce.

> So after you call my post "bullshit" you fully *agree* with me. Too funny!

I agree that local produce is far better. The longer the delay the loss
of nutrients. Still produce should be the cornerstone of any healthy
diet, vegetarian or otherwise. It would be wise to grow as much produce
as possible and find local sources.
>> So are other food products. Avocados have especially healthy oils.

> You're a rambling piece of dung.

No it's not. Wash it and it still has much valuable properties.
Organically grown local produce, with crop rotation and hygienic
condition would be best.

We have wasted much valuable land in this country with the great
American Dream, suburbia. laying waste to most of the best soil in this
land, based on short term planning. The major crop produced in America
is grass, and it is overly fertilized, watered, and in short a waste.

I'm glad you have a good garden. I grow bananas, pineapples, get local
citrus, sprouts, and should do more gardening. It's difficult with the
salt spray and ground water containing sulfur. Perhaps the experts know
what produce would grow well with increasingly intrusive salt in our
ground water, and strong amounts of sulfur. I would make the commitment
to plant what you say would grow on a barrier island with these
conditions, 1/2 mile from the ocean. Keeping citrus trees alive is
getting much tougher. I've tried the 10 hole and the 5 dollar plant.
I've tried many strategies, but like most, we can't get new ones to
start. It's common due to our water. I keep some alive in large pots.

Also the red ants that came from South America eat many beneficial local
insects.

I don't believe in mono farming, even George Washington Carver
demonstrated that was bad for soil.

Top the insults and discuss like a human being. If I'm wrong explain why.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

Excuse the Top", it should have said stop, I missed it.

Beach Runner wrote:

> usual suspect wrote:

>>> But it was bullshit.

>> No, it wasn't. Look below -- you agreed with my conclusion. Dummy!
>>
>>> All produce is trucked all over the world.

>> Not all of it. The tomatoes and basil and garlic I'm about to have
>> were grown in my backyard. The lettuces in my salad were grown in my
>> greenhouse. Nothing in my lunch today was shipped.
>>
>>> We are always better off with local produce.

> That is true. But we have developed an economy that fills the groceries
> will farmed produce.
>

>> So after you call my post "bullshit" you fully *agree* with me. Too
>> funny!
>>

> I agree that local produce is far better. The longer the delay the loss
> of nutrients. Still produce should be the cornerstone of any healthy
> diet, vegetarian or otherwise. It would be wise to grow as much produce
> as possible and find local sources.
>
>>> So are other food products. Avocados have especially healthy oils.

>> You're a rambling piece of dung.

> No it's not. Wash it and it still has much valuable properties.
> Organically grown local produce, with crop rotation and hygienic
> condition would be best.
>

> We have wasted much valuable land in this country with the great
> American Dream, suburbia. laying waste to most of the best soil in this
> land, based on short term planning. The major crop produced in America
> is grass, and it is overly fertilized, watered, and in short a waste.
>

> I'm glad you have a good garden. I grow bananas, pineapples, get local
> citrus, sprouts, and should do more gardening. It's difficult with the
> salt spray and ground water containing sulfur. Perhaps the experts know
> what produce would grow well with increasingly intrusive salt in our
> ground water, and strong amounts of sulfur. I would make the commitment
> to plant what you say would grow on a barrier island with these
> conditions, 1/2 mile from the ocean. Keeping citrus trees alive is
> getting much tougher. I've tried the 10 hole and the 5 dollar plant.
> I've tried many strategies, but like most, we can't get new ones to
> start. It's common due to our water. I keep some alive in large pots.
>
> Also the red ants that came from South America eat many beneficial local
> insects.
>
> I don't believe in mono farming, even George Washington Carver
> demonstrated that was bad for soil.
>

> Top the insults and discuss like a human being. If I'm wrong explain why.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:06:19 GMT, Beach Runner > wrote:

>But it was bullshit. All produce is trucked all over the world. We are
>always better off with local produce.

Not really BS I feel; carbon dioxide emissions and the dismal
situation of climate changes/rapid global warming now and in the near
future threaten to make extinct many species of lifeforms. Those
issues illustrated by US will need addressing by the powers that be
very, very soon.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

Joe wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:50:43 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

>>But arm-chair psychiatry and usenet etiquette are areas of your
>>expertise?

> Actually Rick, I'm just about done with my comments as they are
> getting repititive.
> I've mentioned it before how I've seen flamewars in other NGs that
> were really horrid. The run-of-the mill [lack of ] etiquette in a
> typical usenet flamewar doesn't bother me at all.
>

>>why continue posting the same
>>stuff that you are complaining about? If you do not want to
>>reply to the issues, fine, but why then focus only on the
>>delvery?

> Those unsavoury comments I made were at most speculations and fired
> off just to be a prick since seeing the delivery of stinging personal
> comments at others who didn't 'seem' to instigate that level of retort
> is what bumps me out of my normal 'peep'-mode; it's reflexive instinct
> by my nature- and I know that isn't a validation.
>

>>but most of the topics brought
>>
>>>up here are new and insightful for me. Many regular folks here
>>>know
>>>their stuff, albeit contrary viewpoints, nevertheless very
>>>informed.
>>>Why should I be a phoney and pretend I know about MOST of the
>>>issues
>>>presented just for arguments sake. I really do prefer absorbing
>>>all
>>>the info/links presented by you regulars, otherwise I wouldn't
>>>be
>>>here.
>>>For example, Usual's expansive response relating to the
>>>avocado's
>>>thread [just started by BR] is an example of an indepth reply
>>>that I
>>>go 'wow' over as it hits the topic from unexpected angles [to
>>>me
>>>anyway].

>>>Usenet News==----
>>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>>>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>>>Encryption =---

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Better to use local produce, and most places have some. But still
produce, regardless of location is better than none. In upstate NY I
got apples and fruit, blackberries and the like. Here tropical fruit.
With some effort local produce can be obtained. Of course most produce
in the US goes into feeding animals, land that could be producing
healthy foods.

And don't go into mono culture growing, we all know that's bad for soil
as is excesses chemicals. The biggest produce crop grown in the US is
cosmetic grass, which effects our water supply. In fact, Roundup wants
to make Roundup Ready Grass, and I hate to think of the dangers when it
hits outside targeted area. Our national park forests are in fear.

It's a dangerous, not fully tested but profitable product. It will make
for better gold courses. Big freaking deal. It could also spread into
uncontrollable weeds.

We know star link corn hits non targeted areas, and Monsanto has the
goal to sue farmers for growing something they had no intention of
growing.

I use much local produce as do many. Most don't. This should change,
and with costs of fuel may change. I don't disagree that trucked
produce isn't as good but local sources should be sought.

I also don't feel the need to insult people all the time. Including
female. Does it give you more power or dignity? Why the need? I'm
sure you won't answer it. Dale Carnigie among many other real
researchers showed insults don't convince anyone of anything, or
influence people (ages others), yet your regular use indicates a deep
deep problem.

In case you don't know, Monsanto made Agent Orange and has similarities
to Round up. Monstanto makes Roundup ready crops. BTW it contains
dioxins and is not really tested over time.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
. ..

> Joe wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:50:43 GMT, "rick" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>But arm-chair psychiatry and usenet etiquette are areas of
>>>your expertise?

>> Actually Rick, I'm just about done with my comments as they
>> are
>> getting repititive.
>> I've mentioned it before how I've seen flamewars in other NGs
>> that
>> were really horrid. The run-of-the mill [lack of ] etiquette
>> in a
>> typical usenet flamewar doesn't bother me at all.
>>>why continue posting the same stuff that you are complaining
>>>about? If you do not want to reply to the issues, fine, but
>>>why then focus only on the delvery?

>> Those unsavoury comments I made were at most speculations and
>> fired
>> off just to be a prick since seeing the delivery of stinging
>> personal
>> comments at others who didn't 'seem' to instigate that level
>> of retort
>> is what bumps me out of my normal 'peep'-mode; it's reflexive
>> instinct
>> by my nature- and I know that isn't a validation.
>>>

>>>but most of the topics brought

>> Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
>> World! >100,000 Newsgroups
>> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
>> Encryption =---

> Better to use local produce, and most places have some. But
> still produce, regardless of location is better than none. In
> upstate NY I got apples and fruit, blackberries and the like.
> Here tropical fruit. With some effort local produce can be
> obtained. Of course most produce in the US goes into feeding
> animals, land that could be producing healthy foods.

========================
You really are this willfully ignorant aren't you fool? Care to
even try to back up this stupidity?

> And don't go into mono culture growing, we all know that's bad
> for soil as is excesses chemicals. The biggest produce crop
> grown in the US is cosmetic grass, which effects our water
> supply. In fact, Roundup wants to make Roundup Ready Grass,
> and I hate to think of the dangers when it hits outside
> targeted area. Our national park forests are in fear.
>
> It's a dangerous, not fully tested but profitable product. It
> will make for better gold courses. Big freaking deal. It could
> also spread into uncontrollable weeds.
>
> We know star link corn hits non targeted areas, and Monsanto
> has the goal to sue farmers for growing something they had no
> intention of growing.
>
> I use much local produce as do many. Most don't. This should
> change, and with costs of fuel may change. I don't disagree
> that trucked produce isn't as good but local sources should be
> sought.
>
> I also don't feel the need to insult people all the time.
> Including female. Does it give you more power or dignity? Why
> the need? I'm sure you won't answer it. Dale Carnigie among
> many other real researchers showed insults don't convince
> anyone of anything, or influence people (ages others), yet your
> regular use indicates a deep deep problem.
>

> In case you don't know, Monsanto made Agent Orange and has
> similarities to Round up. Monstanto makes Roundup ready
> crops. BTW it contains dioxins and is not really tested over
> time.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:53:11 GMT, Beach Runner > wrote:

>I use much local produce as do many. Most don't. This should change,
>and with costs of fuel may change. I don't disagree that trucked
>produce isn't as good but local sources should be sought.

I know nothing of this subject and haven't done research yet regarding
it, so perhaps you may know. Is there a feasible project speculated
for the near future regarding non-tropical areas - like northern
Europe-upper half of Noth America] having let's say, solar-powered
giant greenhouses that can produce tropical fruits/vegs - like
avocados in an effort to reduce long-range transport pollution?

>I also don't feel the need to insult people all the time. Including
>female. Does it give you more power or dignity? Why the need?

I'd assume most reasonable people are aware of the maniupulative power
of insults. The general Online insults are cheap and insignificant
though and in my opinion should not be taken nearly as deeply. What
you may speculate as a grown adult firing off low-blows online may
actually be a mischievious 10 year old at the other end let's say.

> I'm
>sure you won't answer it. ......yet your regular use indicates a deep
>deep problem.

IF this is meant for me [ but I don't think so though] as I stated,
most of the time I'm peeping here and reply once in a while where my
puny nutrition knowlegde may help. I've only been in this NG about 6
months[?] so I'm not aware of the history/extent of the feuds that
developed here. My spate of being a rampaging prick was in seeing
yourself in particular get some very low-blow comments. I'm not sure
why that was so, but I just jumped in. But as I said I don't hate them
as people,,, just me saying 'whoah!'

Other than that I don't expect the name-calling,bait trapping,sniping
to stop in reality and in my opinion IF it doesn't go beyond a certain
level folks online shouldn't 'inspire' name-callers by reacting
crazily to small slights and emboldening them to try-out bigger ones.

>In case you don't know, Monsanto made Agent Orange and has similarities
>to Round up. Monstanto makes Roundup ready crops. BTW it contains
>dioxins and is not really tested over time.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
>>I use much local produce as do many. Most don't. This should change,
>>and with costs of fuel may change. I don't disagree that trucked
>>produce isn't as good but local sources should be sought.

> I know nothing of this subject

Observed.

> and haven't done research yet regarding
> it, so perhaps you may know. Is there a feasible project speculated
> for the near future regarding non-tropical areas - like northern
> Europe-upper half of Noth America] having let's say, solar-powered
> giant greenhouses that can produce tropical fruits/vegs - like
> avocados in an effort to reduce long-range transport pollution?

No. It would be cost-prohibitive and inefficient. PV cells are far too
expensive. Also, there's significantly less sunlight during winter for
each degree from the equator, so it would be a summer-only endeavor.

> IF this is meant for me [ but I don't think so though] as I stated,
> most of the time I'm peeping here and reply once in a while where my
> puny nutrition knowlegde may help.

You've already shown how "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous
thing" is true back when you spouted off about "monosaturated" fats.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:26:36 GMT, usual suspect >
wrote:

>Joe

sheepishly commented

>> IF this is meant for me [ but I don't think so though] as I stated,
>> most of the time I'm peeping here and reply once in a while where my
>> puny nutrition knowlegde may help.

I know the basics, but I consider that is very puny to how much depth
there is regarding the topic of nutrition.

>You've already shown how "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous
>thing" is true back when you spouted off about "monosaturated" fats.

lol, come on. I thought that was cleared up. I typed away too fast and
didn't double check that. There is no such thing as monosaturated of
course so no possibility could be made I did not in fact mean
monopolyunsaturated.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

wrote:

>Joe wrote
>
>> and haven't done research yet regarding
>> it, so perhaps you may know. Is there a feasible project speculated
>> for the near future regarding non-tropical areas - like northern
>> Europe-upper half of Noth America] having let's say, solar-powered
>> giant greenhouses that can produce tropical fruits/vegs - like
>> avocados in an effort to reduce long-range transport pollution?

>No. It would be cost-prohibitive and inefficient. PV cells are far too
>expensive. Also, there's significantly less sunlight during winter for
>each degree from the equator, so it would be a summer-only endeavor.

Good info again, thanks very much for the concise answer.