Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg

Default I would like to convert from meat-eating diet to vegetarian. Anyone know of any good books, cookbooks?

I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Scented Nectar

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
> know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
> needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
> vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
> rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as cookbooks, my site
listed below has links to over
700 free veg recipe websites.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

Alot of rich info in this one, though the dishes within are not
extravagent generally,but tasty nonetheless.

"Dining in the Raw" by Rita Romano
http://rawfoodinfo.com/catalog/books...gintheRaw.html

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg

Scented Nectar:

Thanks ever so much for the link to your page. I am sure I will
find plenty of help there in my attempt to convert.

> wrote in message

ups.com...

> I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
> know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
> needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
> vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
> rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as cookbooks, my site
listed below has links to over
700 free veg recipe websites.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg

Thanks Steve. It looks like there will be a lot of helpful information
there.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Joe

Thanks for the pointer to the webpage. Looks like there are a lot of
good books to be had there!

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Scented Nectar wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
>>know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
>>needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
>>vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
>>rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.
>>
>>Any help is greatly appreciated.

> As far as cookbooks, my site
> listed below has links to over
> 700 free veg recipe websites.

While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr. Dean
Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will generally improve
your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer. You will
consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.

Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you the
best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
Weightlifters.

I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Scented Nectar

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Scented Nectar:
>
> Thanks ever so much for the link to your page. I am sure I will
> find plenty of help there in my attempt to convert.

You're welcome, glad to help.

> ************************************************** ********************
> > wrote in message
>

> ups.com...
>

> > I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
> > know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
> > needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
> > vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
> > rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

> > Any help is greatly appreciated.

> As far as cookbooks, my site
> listed below has links to over
> 700 free veg recipe websites.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Scented Nectar

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
news

> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >
> >>I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
> >>know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
> >>needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
> >>vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
> >>rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.
> >>
> >>Any help is greatly appreciated.

> > As far as cookbooks, my site
> > listed below has links to over
> > 700 free veg recipe websites.
> >

> While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr. Dean
> Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will generally improve
> your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer. You will
> consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.
>
> Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you the
> best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
> Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
> Weightlifters.
>
> I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.

Thanks.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>>> I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
>>> know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
>>> needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
>>> vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
>>> rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.
>>>
>>> Any help is greatly appreciated.

>> As far as cookbooks, my site
>> listed below has links to over
>> 700 free veg recipe websites.

> While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr. Dean
> Ornish and recognize you don't need meat.

Why don't you recognize that Ornish's work is with desperately unhealthy
individuals, and that healthy people needn't go to extremes to become
healthier?

> It will generally improve
> your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer.

Ipse dixit and you're not even addressing the OP's concerns. You're too
daft to realize that. You retard.

As to your claims, a recent study points to the significance of
lifestyle factors in heart disease and adult-onset diabetes. The study's
author cites the following as beneficial:

Better habits could prevent 80% of heart disease, 90% of type 2
diabetes.

1. Stop smoking.
2. "Fairly modest shifts" in diet -- focusing on *types* of fats
and carbs rather than on fats and carbs without distinction.
3. Eat fish twice a week. (Vegans do NOT live longer.)
4. Get regular exercise.
5. Take a multi-vitamin.

See: http://tinyurl.com/9b4r6

One can eat meat and still live a full, healthy life. Nitwit.

> You will consume less pesticides.

Ipse dixit and false. One can eat a diet that includes lots of meat and
consume "less pesticides." One can avoid meat altogether and consume a
lot more pesticide than he did when he ate meat. You weird old geezer.

> Food will cost less.

Not necessarily, especially if the OP wastes money by paying premium
prices for organic produce, supplements (B12, etc.), etc.

> Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you the
> best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
> Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
> Weightlifters.

Can you name a "scientific study" on vegan weightlifters? Here's a pic
of a vegan bodybuilder:
http://tinyurl.com/8w9lj

> I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.

"Cause" equals "fight." You're only applauding her effort for being a
true believer like you are and for tilting at windmills. Neither of you
deserves props for sticking to your guns when you've both been shown to
be utterly wrong.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:15:03 GMT, usual suspect >
wrote:

> Better habits could prevent 80% of heart disease, 90% of type 2
> diabetes.
>
> 1. Stop smoking.
> 2. "Fairly modest shifts" in diet -- focusing on *types* of fats
> and carbs rather than on fats and carbs without distinction.
> 3. Eat fish twice a week. (Vegans do NOT live longer.)
> 4. Get regular exercise.
> 5. Take a multi-vitamin.

You forgot #6
Don't stress out by blowing your gasket in even the lightest
conversations all the time.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
<...>

Nothing beneficial, useful, informative, or of substance. As usual.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Joe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:15:03 GMT, usual suspect
> >
> wrote:
>

>> Better habits could prevent 80% of heart disease, 90% of type
>> 2
>> diabetes.
>>
>> 1. Stop smoking.
>> 2. "Fairly modest shifts" in diet -- focusing on *types* of
>> fats
>> and carbs rather than on fats and carbs without distinction.
>> 3. Eat fish twice a week. (Vegans do NOT live longer.)
>> 4. Get regular exercise.
>> 5. Take a multi-vitamin.
>>

> You forgot #6
> Don't stress out by blowing your gasket in even the lightest
> conversations all the time.

> Usenet News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> >100,000 Newsgroups

> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
> Encryption =---

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:13:15 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

>Thanks for agreeing that avoiding meat doesn't help any....

lol, your welcome Rick [I guess], nothing to agree on really, to each
his own for whatever reason they decide to do things. Proper nutrition
is the key and I'm a lacto-vegetarian for my own reasons.

Suspect's 'napoleon-complex' inspires me to fine tune his virtuous
advice.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Tracey

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
> know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
> needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
> vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
> rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as I know microwaving veg is one of the best ways to cook them
regards nutrients not being lost - steaming is a very good way too.

Just as a 'by the way' I've often heard it said that if carrots or tomatoes
are cooked they are better for you than in their raw state, as is mentioned
in the following: http://www.medicinalfoodnews.com/vol...ue7/carrot.htm
http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=15&db=13&C0=74

Tracey

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>
>>> I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet.
>>> I know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for
>>> dietary needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to
>>> the vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving
>>> vegetables gets rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is
>>> that correct.
>>>
>>> Any help is greatly appreciated.

>> As far as cookbooks, my site
>> listed below has links to over
>> 700 free veg recipe websites.
>>

> While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr.
> Dean Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will generally
> improve your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer.
> You will consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.

Less Pesticides?
Id say MORE!

> Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you
> the best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
> Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
> Weightlifters.
>
> I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.

"Cause?"
Why does it ALWAYS have to be a CAUSE!

BTW SOY is harmful for men

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Preesi wrote:
> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>>Scented Nectar wrote:
>>

> wrote in message
groups.com...

>>>As far as cookbooks, my site
>>>listed below has links to over
>>>700 free veg recipe websites.
>>>

>>While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr.
>>Dean Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will generally
>>improve your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer.
>>You will consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.

> Less Pesticides?
> Id say MORE!
>

>>Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you
>>the best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
>>Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
>>Weightlifters.
>>
>>I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.

> "Cause?"
> Why does it ALWAYS have to be a CAUSE!
>
> BTW SOY is harmful for men

Hate filled posting.
Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have no
compassion, then something is wrong with you.

And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people for
thousands of years.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
rick

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message

> Preesi wrote:
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>>Scented Nectar wrote:
>>>

> wrote in message
egroups.com...

>>>While there are people on this group that will attack you,
>>>read Dr.
>>>Dean Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will
>>>generally
>>>improve your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel
>>>cancer.
>>>You will consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.

>> Less Pesticides?
>> Id say MORE!
>>

>>>Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I
>>>wish you
>>>the best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends,
>>>or Vegan
>>>Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies
>>>on Vegan
>>>Weightlifters.
>>>
>>>I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.

>> "Cause?"
>> Why does it ALWAYS have to be a CAUSE!
>>
>> BTW SOY is harmful for men
>>

> Hate filled posting.
> Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons.
> Animal factories, nothing like traditional farming are
> horrendous. You have no compassion, then something is wrong
> with you.
>
> And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever
> been produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and
> theories but not one study. On the other hand soy has been
> used safely by people for
> thousands of years.

==================
Sure, but not in the form being presented here as a whole food.
Just more of your lys, delusions, and hatred of the truth, eh
hypocrite?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:

> Hate filled posting.
> Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
> factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have
> no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

> And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
> produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
> not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people
> for thousands of years.

Why is SOY not a GRAS food?
Of ALLLLLLL the food additives in the USA, why is SOY the only one that
hasnt been given GRAS status by the FDA?

Number 2 male genital abnormalities have been shown to occur in baby
rats and mice whose Mothers have eaten soy!
http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/2...runc_sys.shtml
If you want scary, Asian men have the smallest cock size on the planet.
They eat alot of SOY! This reverses itself in AMERICAN born Asian men!

I ate alot of Soy during the Nutrisystem Nourishe plan and my period got
WAAAYYY ****ed up.

Im not HATING on Vegetarians at all, just giving you a heads up!

I love Tofu, and TVP but ILL NEVER eat them ever again as they are
dangerous.

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
Pointing the finger at another person and saying you hate what they are
doing is never neutralized by saying, `but I luv' ya.' ~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
Yahoo/SidekickII Name: MissPreesi
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

rick wrote:
> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
>>

>> Preesi wrote:

>>> Less Pesticides?
>>> Id say MORE!

>>> "Cause?"
>>> Why does it ALWAYS have to be a CAUSE!
>>>
>>> BTW SOY is harmful for men
>>>

>> Hate filled posting.
>> Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons.
>> Animal factories, nothing like traditional farming are
>> horrendous. You have no compassion, then something is wrong
>> with you.
>>
>> And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever
>> been produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and
>> theories but not one study. On the other hand soy has been
>> used safely by people for
>> thousands of years.

> ==================
> Sure, but not in the form being presented here as a whole food.
> Just more of your lys, delusions, and hatred of the truth, eh
> hypocrite?

Honestly? I wish theyd figure out another vegetable to make TVP or Tofu
from as I think Soy is not good for humans

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
Pointing the finger at another person and saying you hate what they are
doing is never neutralized by saying, `but I luv' ya.' ~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
Yahoo/SidekickII Name: MissPreesi
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Dave

Preesi wrote:
> Beach Runner wrote:
>

> > Hate filled posting.
> > Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
> > factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have
> > no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

> If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

Why not?

> > And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
> > produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
> > not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people
> > for thousands of years.

> Why is SOY not a GRAS food?
> Of ALLLLLLL the food additives in the USA, why is SOY the only one that
> hasnt been given GRAS status by the FDA?
>
> Number 2 male genital abnormalities have been shown to occur in baby
> rats and mice whose Mothers have eaten soy!

How much soy?

> http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/2...runc_sys.shtml

Mostly speculations.

> If you want scary, Asian men have the smallest cock size on the planet.
> They eat alot of SOY! This reverses itself in AMERICAN born Asian men!
>
> I ate alot of Soy

How much soy?

> during the Nutrisystem Nourishe plan and my period got
> WAAAYYY ****ed up.
>
> Im not HATING on Vegetarians at all, just giving you a heads up!
>
> I love Tofu, and TVP but ILL NEVER eat them ever again as they are
> dangerous.

In excess, yes.

> --
> preesi
> ~~~~~~~~~
> Pointing the finger at another person and saying you hate what they are
> doing is never neutralized by saying, `but I luv' ya.' ~~~~~~~~~
> My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
> Yahoo/SidekickII Name: MissPreesi
> Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Preesi wrote:
> Beach Runner wrote:
>

>>Hate filled posting.
>>Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
>>factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have
>>no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

> If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

It is a cuase becuase people believe in the many beificial aspects on
morality and world health.

>>And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
>>produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
>>not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people
>>for thousands of years.

> Why is SOY not a GRAS food?
> Of ALLLLLLL the food additives in the USA, why is SOY the only one that
> hasnt been given GRAS status by the FDA?
>
> Number 2 male genital abnormalities have been shown to occur in baby
> rats and mice whose Mothers have eaten soy!

As stated, are not human studies.

http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/2...runc_sys.shtml
> If you want scary, Asian men have the smallest cock size on the planet.
> They eat alot of SOY! This reverses itself in AMERICAN born Asian men!

Show me some data.

> I ate alot of Soy during the Nutrisystem Nourishe plan and my period got
> WAAAYYY ****ed up.
>
> Im not HATING on Vegetarians at all, just giving you a heads up!
>
> I love Tofu, and TVP but ILL NEVER eat them ever again as they are
> dangerous.

show any human proof. One scientific study on Tofu eaters. There are
pleny out there, they study is ready to be done.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:
> Preesi wrote:
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>

>>> Hate filled posting.
>>> Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
>>> factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You
>>> have no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

>> If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

> It is a cuase becuase people believe in the many beificial aspects on
> morality and world health.

OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
Pointing the finger at another person and saying you hate what they are
doing is never neutralized by saying, `but I luv' ya.' ~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
Yahoo/SidekickII Name: MissPreesi
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
>And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

They also stone people to death. Does that mean it's ok?
--
Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Vicky Conlan wrote:
> According to >:
>
>>OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
>>And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

Throughout the Bible, there are many references to kindness to animals.
But causes are not limited to your one book. Tibet is not in the Bible,
nor is the use or children slave/solders in Africa. To take up the
causes are valid.

And then there is of course the Stewards of the Earth.

Animal factories are not a preference, they are hell holes.

> They also stone people to death. Does that mean it's ok?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:
> Vicky Conlan wrote:
>> According to >:
>>
>>> OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
>>> And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

> Throughout the Bible, there are many references to kindness to
> animals. But causes are not limited to your one book. Tibet is not
> in the Bible, nor is the use or children slave/solders in Africa. To
> take up the causes are valid.
>
> And then there is of course the Stewards of the Earth.
>
> Animal factories are not a preference, they are hell holes.

God made different animals for different purposes

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
Pointing the finger at another person and saying you hate what they are
doing is never neutralized by saying, `but I luv' ya.' ~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
Yahoo/SidekickII Name: MissPreesi
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Preesi wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>>Vicky Conlan wrote:

>>Throughout the Bible, there are many references to kindness to
>>animals. But causes are not limited to your one book. Tibet is not
>>in the Bible, nor is the use or children slave/solders in Africa. To
>>take up the causes are valid.
>>
>>And then there is of course the Stewards of the Earth.
>>
>>Animal factories are not a preference, they are hell holes.
>>

> God made different animals for different purposes

And the Bible also saw people acting in wicked ways. Factory Farming
is horrendous.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Autymn D. C.

Beach Runner wrote:
> And the Bible also saw people acting in wicked ways. Factory Farming
> is horrendous.

how already?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Rob

>They also stone people to death. Does that mean it's ok?

Nope, but I don't believe the bible to be the be all and end all for
morals.

I agree that the conditions are deplorable for animals living on these
big factory farms. I don't think any living creature should have to
live in that type of environment. Fortunately, where I live, we don't
seem to have any these large factory farms.Having said that, I see no
problem with meat-eating. Humans have been eating meat throughout our
evolution. Vegetarianism is unnatural for our species. It is far easier
to get all the essential nutrients from a diet that includes meat and
fish than from one that does not.

Rob