Old 23-11-2005, 11:08 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Tracey

Default I would like to convert from meat-eating diet to vegetarian. Anyone know of any good books, cookbooks?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as I know microwaving veg is one of the best ways to cook them
regards nutrients not being lost - steaming is a very good way too.

Just as a 'by the way' I've often heard it said that if carrots or tomatoes
are cooked they are better for you than in their raw state, as is mentioned
in the following: http://www.medicinalfoodnews.com/vol...ue7/carrot.htm
http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=15&db=13&C0=74

Tracey

Old 16-01-2006, 02:53 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...

I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet.
I know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for
dietary needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to
the vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving
vegetables gets rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is
that correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as cookbooks, my site
listed below has links to over
700 free veg recipe websites.

While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr.
Dean Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will generally
improve your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer.
You will consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.

Less Pesticides?
Id say MORE!

Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you
the best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
Weightlifters.

I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.

"Cause?"
Why does it ALWAYS have to be a CAUSE!

BTW SOY is harmful for men

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Old 16-01-2006, 08:14 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Preesi wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

Scented Nectar wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...

[...]

Hate filled posting.
Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have no
compassion, then something is wrong with you.

And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people for
thousands of years.
Old 16-01-2006, 09:06 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
rick

"Beach Runner" wrote in message

Preesi wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

Scented Nectar wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

[...]

==================
Sure, but not in the form being presented here as a whole food.
Just more of your lys, delusions, and hatred of the truth, eh
hypocrite?

Old 16-01-2006, 09:26 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:

Hate filled posting.
Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have
no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people
for thousands of years.

Why is SOY not a GRAS food?
Of ALLLLLLL the food additives in the USA, why is SOY the only one that
hasnt been given GRAS status by the FDA?

Number 2 male genital abnormalities have been shown to occur in baby
rats and mice whose Mothers have eaten soy!
http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/2...runc_sys.shtml
If you want scary, Asian men have the smallest cock size on the planet.
They eat alot of SOY! This reverses itself in AMERICAN born Asian men!

I ate alot of Soy during the Nutrisystem Nourishe plan and my period got
WAAAYYY ****ed up.

Im not HATING on Vegetarians at all, just giving you a heads up!

I love Tofu, and TVP but ILL NEVER eat them ever again as they are
dangerous.

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Old 16-01-2006, 09:28 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Preesi wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

Scented Nectar wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Honestly? I wish theyd figure out another vegetable to make TVP or Tofu
from as I think Soy is not good for humans

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Old 17-01-2006, 12:59 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Dave

Preesi wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

Hate filled posting.
Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have
no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

Why not?

And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people
for thousands of years.

Why is SOY not a GRAS food?
Of ALLLLLLL the food additives in the USA, why is SOY the only one that
hasnt been given GRAS status by the FDA?

Number 2 male genital abnormalities have been shown to occur in baby
rats and mice whose Mothers have eaten soy!

How much soy?

http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/2...runc_sys.shtml

Mostly speculations.

If you want scary, Asian men have the smallest cock size on the planet.
They eat alot of SOY! This reverses itself in AMERICAN born Asian men!

I ate alot of Soy

How much soy?

during the Nutrisystem Nourishe plan and my period got
WAAAYYY ****ed up.

Im not HATING on Vegetarians at all, just giving you a heads up!

I love Tofu, and TVP but ILL NEVER eat them ever again as they are
dangerous.

In excess, yes.

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Old 17-01-2006, 09:52 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Preesi wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

Hate filled posting.
Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You have
no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

It is a cuase becuase people believe in the many beificial aspects on
morality and world health.

And no evidence that Soy is bad for human consumption have ever been
produced. There are extensive overdoes animal studies and theories but
not one study. On the other hand soy has been used safely by people
for thousands of years.

Why is SOY not a GRAS food?
Of ALLLLLLL the food additives in the USA, why is SOY the only one that
hasnt been given GRAS status by the FDA?

Number 2 male genital abnormalities have been shown to occur in baby
rats and mice whose Mothers have eaten soy!

As stated, are not human studies.

http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/2...runc_sys.shtml
If you want scary, Asian men have the smallest cock size on the planet.
They eat alot of SOY! This reverses itself in AMERICAN born Asian men!

Show me some data.

I ate alot of Soy during the Nutrisystem Nourishe plan and my period got
WAAAYYY ****ed up.

Im not HATING on Vegetarians at all, just giving you a heads up!

I love Tofu, and TVP but ILL NEVER eat them ever again as they are
dangerous.

show any human proof. One scientific study on Tofu eaters. There are
pleny out there, they study is ready to be done.

Old 18-01-2006, 02:23 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:
Preesi wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

Hate filled posting.
Causes are doing what one believes in for moral reasons. Animal
factories, nothing like traditional farming are horrendous. You
have no compassion, then something is wrong with you.

If you dont wanna eat meat, dont eat it. but dont call it a cause!

It is a cuase becuase people believe in the many beificial aspects on
morality and world health.

OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Old 18-01-2006, 09:50 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Vicky Conlan

According to :
OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

They also stone people to death. Does that mean it's ok?
--
Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/

Old 18-01-2006, 10:59 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Vicky Conlan wrote:
According to :

OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

Throughout the Bible, there are many references to kindness to animals.
But causes are not limited to your one book. Tibet is not in the Bible,
nor is the use or children slave/solders in Africa. To take up the
causes are valid.

And then there is of course the Stewards of the Earth.

Animal factories are not a preference, they are hell holes.

They also stone people to death. Does that mean it's ok?

Old 18-01-2006, 12:47 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Preesi

Beach Runner wrote:
Vicky Conlan wrote:
According to :

OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

Throughout the Bible, there are many references to kindness to
animals. But causes are not limited to your one book. Tibet is not
in the Bible, nor is the use or children slave/solders in Africa. To
take up the causes are valid.

And then there is of course the Stewards of the Earth.

Animal factories are not a preference, they are hell holes.

God made different animals for different purposes

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Old 18-01-2006, 08:52 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Preesi wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

Vicky Conlan wrote:

According to :

OOh please, being a veg is a preference, NOT a cause!
And in the Xtian Bible they eat meat and so its not a MORALS thing!

Throughout the Bible, there are many references to kindness to
animals. But causes are not limited to your one book. Tibet is not
in the Bible, nor is the use or children slave/solders in Africa. To
take up the causes are valid.

And then there is of course the Stewards of the Earth.

Animal factories are not a preference, they are hell holes.

God made different animals for different purposes

And the Bible also saw people acting in wicked ways. Factory Farming
is horrendous.
Old 19-01-2006, 09:40 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Autymn D. C.

Beach Runner wrote:
And the Bible also saw people acting in wicked ways. Factory Farming
is horrendous.

how already?

Old 23-01-2006, 01:45 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Rob

They also stone people to death. Does that mean it's ok?

Nope, but I don't believe the bible to be the be all and end all for
morals.

I agree that the conditions are deplorable for animals living on these
big factory farms. I don't think any living creature should have to
live in that type of environment. Fortunately, where I live, we don't
seem to have any these large factory farms.Having said that, I see no
problem with meat-eating. Humans have been eating meat throughout our
evolution. Vegetarianism is unnatural for our species. It is far easier
to get all the essential nutrients from a diet that includes meat and
fish than from one that does not.

Rob