Posted to alt.food.vegan
Taemon

Default Basic roast blueprint

This is a basic recipe which can be used as is or as a basis for
experimenting. I recommend experimenting. It's from the "Terrorist
Cookbook", hence the reference to hostages (this is from the
pre-hysterical days, when this was still considered funny. And I am
pre-hysterical, so I keep it that way).

T.

Basic Roast Blueprint

Roasts are really swell and can be hearty enough to feed the most
demanding hostages. Have fun, and try to create the deadly meatloaf
your aunt flo used to force on you every Sunday. You can pretty much
make a roast out anything. I was once in a bind and had to use a box
of granola and a can of shoe polish. It didn't work so well, but hey,
we're talking about hostages.

· 2 cups protein stuff: kidney beans, lentils, garbanzo beans, fake
meat, tofu, soy beans etc.
· 1 cup carbohydrate stuff: dried bread crumbs, uncooked oatmeal,
cooked rice, crushed cereal flakes, wheat germ etc.
· ½ cup nuts, chopped or ground: raw peanuts, cashews, almonds,
walnuts etc.
· 1 tsp arrowroot mixed with 1 tsp water
· 1 to 1 ½ cups liquid; tomato sauce/juice, vegetarian broth, or soy
milk
· ¼ tsp sweet basil
· some spike
· 2 tbsp vegetable oil

Just mix it all together really well and slap into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for about 45 minutes at 450F degrees. Serve it with some gravy
and dole it out to them starving hostages.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Plug

"> Basic Roast Blueprint

snipped

> milk
> · ¼ tsp sweet basil
> · some spike
> · 2 tbsp vegetable oil
>
> Just mix it all together really well and slap into a greased loaf pan.
> Bake for about 45 minutes at 450F degrees. Serve it with some gravy
> and dole it out to them starving hostages.

This looks good but what is "spike" ?? Or do you mean spice??

Deb

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Taemon

Plug wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
>> Basic Roast Blueprint

> snipped
>> · ¼ tsp sweet basil
>> · some spike
>> · 2 tbsp vegetable oil

> This looks good but what is "spike" ?? Or do you mean spice??

I don't know, I didn't write it, but I always took it as something to
spice it up a little. So yeah, "some spicing" :-)

T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
C. James Strutz

"Plug" > wrote in message

> "> Basic Roast Blueprint
>>

> snipped
>
>> milk
>> · ¼ tsp sweet basil
>> · some spike
>> · 2 tbsp vegetable oil
>>
>> Just mix it all together really well and slap into a greased loaf pan.
>> Bake for about 45 minutes at 450F degrees. Serve it with some gravy
>> and dole it out to them starving hostages.

> This looks good but what is "spike" ?? Or do you mean spice??

Spike is a seasoning mixture that you can buy in the grocery store. Here's a
description of it.
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/AccentSpike.htm