Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default used leather

I'm vegetarian, but am planning to try veganism to see if it helps
a particular health problem, which I 've heard veganism can help.

As for the leather thing, I buy used purses made of leather at a
thrift shop, but as for shoes.....man, the fake leather look-alike
shoes cost a lot more. I don't buy the shoes used. I've seen
the thinking that wearing it might inspire others to do the same,
but I just think people will wear leather and etc. whether I do or
not, so that part of it doesn't make much difference.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

> wrote in message
>
> I'm vegetarian, but am planning to try veganism to see if it
> helps
> a particular health problem, which I 've heard veganism can
> help.
> =================

Veganism is not a diet. It is a lifestyle. A religion. Diet is
no more, or less important than anything else in you life. Just
all wannabes, there are NO vegans on usenet.

> As for the leather thing, I buy used purses made of leather at
> thrift shop, but as for shoes.....man, the fake leather
> look-alike
> shoes cost a lot more. I don't buy the shoes used. I've seen
> the thinking that wearing it might inspire others to do the
> same,
> but I just think people will wear leather and etc. whether I
> do or
> not, so that part of it doesn't make much difference.

=====================
Veganism would say not to wear them, despite the fact that the
alternatives are products of the petro-chemical industry and
cause animals to die even far more brutal, inhumane deaths than
any slaughter house cow.

But then, logic was never involved in usenet wannbe vegans.
Afterall, they have their simple rule for their simple minds,
'eat no meat.'

Posted to alt.food.vegan

well, I'm not going to bother with you, because I already know that
you are a usenet kook with nothing better to do.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

> wrote in message
>

> well, I'm not going to bother with you, because I already know
> that
> you are a usenet kook with nothing better to do.

==========================
And afraid of the truth, right?

Thanks for proving that veganism means ignoring the facts...

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Steve

wrote:
> I'm vegetarian, but am planning to try veganism to see if it helps
> a particular health problem, which I 've heard veganism can help.
>
> As for the leather thing, I buy used purses made of leather at a
> thrift shop, but as for shoes.....man, the fake leather look-alike
> shoes cost a lot more. I don't buy the shoes used. I've seen
> the thinking that wearing it might inspire others to do the same,
> but I just think people will wear leather and etc. whether I do or
> not, so that part of it doesn't make much difference.

Are you asking us for permission or to tell you that you are still a
good person if you buy leather shoes?

Some people become vegan for health reasons ( I did ). Others do it for
ethical reasons ( I'm on board with that ), the chief reason being to
reduce cruelty to animals.

I find that using that last point as a guide keeps a lot of BS from
building up.

Animal byproducts are in EVERYTHING, even substances used to purify water.

IMHO if you care only about your health, there is no debate. If you
care about reducing cruelty to animals you should ask yourself 2 questions:

1. Is it practical, for me, to avoid this product?
2. Will avoiding this product reduce cruelty?

In the end, you can always find someone who will support your choices or
who will condemn your choices.

I recommend deciding for yourself if you feel fine with a choice.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:59:28 -0500, Steve
>Are you asking us for permission or to tell you that you are still a
>good person if you buy leather shoes?

Not really, no.

>Some people become vegan for health reasons ( I did ). Others do it for
>ethical reasons ( I'm on board with that ), the chief reason being to
>reduce cruelty to animals.
>
>I find that using that last point as a guide keeps a lot of BS from
>building up.
>
>Animal byproducts are in EVERYTHING, even substances used to purify water.
>
>IMHO if you care only about your health, there is no debate. If you
>care about reducing cruelty to animals you should ask yourself 2 questions:
>
>1. Is it practical, for me, to avoid this product?
>2. Will avoiding this product reduce cruelty?
>
>In the end, you can always find someone who will support your choices or
>who will condemn your choices.
>
>I recommend deciding for yourself if you feel fine with a choice.

yep.

>Steve
>
>Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
>http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
>"The great American thought trap: It is not real
>unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
>shopping mall"

wow, that is cynical.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
C. James Strutz

"rick" > wrote in message
.net...

> > wrote in message
>>

>> well, I'm not going to bother with you, because I already know that
>> you are a usenet kook with nothing better to do.
>>

> ==========================
> And afraid of the truth, right?
>

> Thanks for proving that veganism means ignoring the facts...

No, you're the one being ignored and you have nothing to do with facts...

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick" > wrote in message
> .net...
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>>

>>> well, I'm not going to bother with you, because I already
>>> know that
>>> you are a usenet kook with nothing better to do.
>>>

>> ==========================
>> And afraid of the truth, right?
>>

>> Thanks for proving that veganism means ignoring the facts...

> No, you're the one being ignored and you have nothing to do
> with facts...

===========================
LOL Prove what I said was a ly, fool.

Can't do it, eh killer?
Again, usenet veganism is about a simple rule for simple minds.
The focus is not on animals, but hatred towards others.
Usenet vegans care nothing about animals, they prove that by
being here fool. All they have is a narrow, willfully ignorant
belief that only others are doing harm, and ignore their own
bloody footprints.

But, thanks for once again proving you have no argument,
hypocrite.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Steve" > wrote in
message ...
> wrote:
>> I'm vegetarian, but am planning to try veganism to see if it
>> helps
>> a particular health problem, which I 've heard veganism can
>> help. As for the leather thing, I buy used purses made of
>> leather at a
>> thrift shop, but as for shoes.....man, the fake leather
>> look-alike
>> shoes cost a lot more. I don't buy the shoes used. I've seen
>> the thinking that wearing it might inspire others to do the
>> same,
>> but I just think people will wear leather and etc. whether I
>> do or
>> not, so that part of it doesn't make much difference.

> Are you asking us for permission or to tell you that you are
> still a good person if you buy leather shoes?
>
> Some people become vegan for health reasons ( I did ).

Veganism is not about health. I suggest you learn what you're
spewing about before showing any more ignorance...

How cruel is leather? dh@. Vegan 46 18-01-2012 06:08 AM
Tomato leather John Warr Preserving 4 29-08-2009 01:50 AM
Hermes Belt Black/Tan leather,Pure leather,Top quality,on sale [email protected] General Cooking 0 23-04-2008 06:00 AM
Monogram Canvas,Mini,Damier Canvas,Epi leather,Multicolor,MonogramVernis,Denim,Suhali Leather purse General Cooking 0 23-02-2008 02:15 AM
leather Deborah Emmett Vegan 18 24-02-2004 10:14 PM