Richard Miller

Default The 99% vegan

In this country it's just about impossible to be a 100% vegan which is just
a label. I'm about a 95% vegan. Today I was hungry and needed some food, so
I went to taco bell because that was just about all there was and got a 7
layer burrito which I guess was as close to a vegan meal as I could get. If
I'm working hard in the boon docks and really tired and hungry and needed
food to continue my next 4 hours of work and the boss brought everyone a
whooper from burger king, I'm afraid I would just have to eat it. Don't get
me wrong, I'm 100% for being a vegan and I'll always try, but I just try and
use common since. In some cases eating meat because that's all there is
might do more good than harm. Thanks for reading my little tid bit.

Pinnochio Mojo

Richard Miller wrote:

> In this country it's just about impossible to be a 100% vegan which is just
> a label.

No it's not. You need to look more closely at your options.

> I'm afraid I would just have to eat it.

Then clearly, by your own admissions, you are an omnivore and not a
true vegan. This is a little bit scary, as it appears that the ethical
considerations for switching to a veg*n diet and making humane
cruelty-free choices seems to escape you.

rick

"Pinnochio Mojo" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Richard Miller wrote:
>
>> In this country it's just about impossible to be a 100% vegan
>> which is just
>> a label.

> No it's not. You need to look more closely at your options.
>
>> I'm afraid I would just have to eat it.

> Then clearly, by your own admissions, you are an omnivore and
> not a
> true vegan.

===========================
Wow, what a coincedence, neither are you...

This is a little bit scary, as it appears that the ethical
> considerations for switching to a veg*n diet and making humane
> cruelty-free choices seems to escape you.

Joe

Why would you say impossible... many get by fine as vegan. Just like
you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't say you're 99.9% vegan.
You can say you eat a helluva lot of veggies and little meat in your
diet, but you can't say you are a vegetarian or a vegan. I work out
alot burning alot of calories and get by on a vegetarian diet very
nicely-iLearn to cook/create quick tasty non-meat meals that you can
take to work. If you are in the boondocks, consider taking to work
pre-cooked meals/tofu/nuts/organic honey-peanut butter/whole-wheat
bread based sandwiches... load up on nutritious foods and you'll feel
more than full-and very healthy - this is common sense if you really
want to avoid meat intake. Hope that helps-and it's good that you
try,but you'll find it's not impossible.

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:32:13 -0700, "Richard Miller"
> wrote:

>In this country it's just about impossible to be a 100% vegan which is just
>a label. I'm about a 95% vegan. Today I was hungry and needed some food, so
>I went to taco bell because that was just about all there was and got a 7
>layer burrito which I guess was as close to a vegan meal as I could get. If
>I'm working hard in the boon docks and really tired and hungry and needed
>food to continue my next 4 hours of work and the boss brought everyone a
>whooper from burger king, I'm afraid I would just have to eat it. Don't get
>me wrong, I'm 100% for being a vegan and I'll always try, but I just try and
>use common since. In some cases eating meat because that's all there is
>might do more good than harm. Thanks for reading my little tid bit.

Beach Runner

Joe wrote:
> Why would you say impossible... many get by fine as vegan. Just like
> you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't say you're 99.9% vegan.
> You can say you eat a helluva lot of veggies and little meat in your
> diet, but you can't say you are a vegetarian or a vegan. I work out
> alot burning alot of calories and get by on a vegetarian diet very
> nicely-iLearn to cook/create quick tasty non-meat meals that you can
> take to work. If you are in the boondocks, consider taking to work
> pre-cooked meals/tofu/nuts/organic honey-peanut butter/whole-wheat
> bread based sandwiches... load up on nutritious foods and you'll feel
> more than full-and very healthy - this is common sense if you really
> want to avoid meat intake. Hope that helps-and it's good that you
> try,but you'll find it's not impossible.
>

> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:32:13 -0700, "Richard Miller"
> > wrote:
>

>>In this country it's just about impossible to be a 100% vegan which is just
>>a label. I'm about a 95% vegan. Today I was hungry and needed some food, so
>>I went to taco bell because that was just about all there was and got a 7
>>layer burrito which I guess was as close to a vegan meal as I could get. If
>>I'm working hard in the boon docks and really tired and hungry and needed
>>food to continue my next 4 hours of work and the boss brought everyone a
>>whooper from burger king, I'm afraid I would just have to eat it. Don't get
>>me wrong, I'm 100% for being a vegan and I'll always try, but I just try and
>>use common since. In some cases eating meat because that's all there is
>>might do more good than harm. Thanks for reading my little tid bit.

If it's important bring food. It's your choice. A burrito need not
have cheese, and you can bet it's the cheapest cheese available.

Then if you cut down on meat congratulation.

Taemon

Joe wrote:

> Why would you say impossible... many get by fine as vegan. Just like
> you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't say you're 99.9%
> vegan.

Of course you can. You have to. Animals are killed for the glue in
your furniture, for the dye of your clothes, for the electricity of
your computer. You can only do your best. And it's far better to eat a
little bit of cheese once a week than to eat meat and diary every day.
It's not an all-or-nothing matter. We don't have that much control.

T.

Joe

I disagree; you're talking about extremeties in which a vegan has
zippo control-a 100% vegan by your standards means they shouldn't walk
on the ground for the rest of their life lest they stomp on minute
sized creatures by the 1000's with each step - Will any vegans will
claim such extremes as a base-line pre-requisite!
Personally I'm scrutinizing non-'vegetarian' food product ingredients
closely now and make an occasional catch of an animal-additive and off
my grocery list that item goes-it's a reasonable ongoing learning
process. A vegan doesn't need "cheese once a week" in place of meat
since there are alternate sources for similar nutrition found in that
and other dairy products-otherwise by definition that once-a-week
cheese would take-on vegetarian status.

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:08:00 +0200, "Taemon" > wrote:

>Joe wrote:
>
>> Why would you say impossible... many get by fine as vegan. Just like
>> you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't say you're 99.9%
>> vegan.

>Of course you can. You have to. Animals are killed for the glue in
>your furniture, for the dye of your clothes, for the electricity of
>your computer. You can only do your best. And it's far better to eat a
>little bit of cheese once a week than to eat meat and diary every day.
>It's not an all-or-nothing matter. We don't have that much control.
>
>T.

Taemon

Joe wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:08:00 +0200, "Taemon" >
> wrote:
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Why would you say impossible... many get by fine as vegan. Just
>>> like
>>> you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't say you're 99.9%
>>> vegan.

>> Of course you can. You have to. Animals are killed for the glue in
>> your furniture, for the dye of your clothes, for the electricity of
>> your computer. You can only do your best. And it's far better to
>> eat
>> a little bit of cheese once a week than to eat meat and diary every
>> day. It's not an all-or-nothing matter. We don't have that much
>> control.

> I disagree; you're talking about extremeties in which a vegan has
> zippo control-a 100% vegan by your standards means they shouldn't
> walk
> on the ground for the rest of their life lest they stomp on minute
> sized creatures by the 1000's with each step - Will any vegans will
> claim such extremes as a base-line pre-requisite!

Yes. So it's a matter of where to draw the line. The farther you draw
it, the better. That doesn't mean it's all useless if you don't draw
it as far as some. The more you do the better.

> A vegan doesn't need "cheese once a week" in place of meat
> since there are alternate sources for similar nutrition found in
> that
> and other dairy products-otherwise by definition that once-a-week
> cheese would take-on vegetarian status.

No one needs cheese. I said, it's far better to eat
a little bit of cheese once a week than to eat meat and diary every
day. If you slip once in a while it doesn't mean you have to give the
whole thing up. Be happy with what you can achieve. From there one,
maybe you can achieve more.

T.

rick

"Joe" > wrote in message
>I disagree; you're talking about extremeties in which a vegan
>has
> zippo control-a 100% vegan by your standards means they
> shouldn't walk
> on the ground for the rest of their life lest they stomp on
> minute
> sized creatures by the 1000's with each step - Will any vegans
> will
> claim such extremes as a base-line pre-requisite!

========================
Why go that far, killer? The point is that YOU do nothing to
alleviate/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering of animals.
Following a simple rule for your simple mind does nothing,
hypocrite.

> Personally I'm scrutinizing non-'vegetarian' food product
> ingredients
> closely now and make an occasional catch of an animal-additive
> and off
> my grocery list that item goes-it's a reasonable ongoing
> learning
> process.

==========================
Ah yes, the micro-pieces obsession of an eating disorder...

A vegan doesn't need "cheese once a week" in place of meat
> since there are alternate sources for similar nutrition found
> in that
> and other dairy products-otherwise by definition that
> once-a-week
> cheese would take-on vegetarian status.

======================
ROTFLMAO These 'alternatives' cause far more brutal, inhumane
deaths than is you just ate the real things you ignorant dolt.
But then, you keep proving with each inane post that unnecessary
animals death and suffering means nothing to you, killer.

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:08:00 +0200, "Taemon" >
> wrote:
>
>>Joe wrote:
>>
>>> Why would you say impossible... many get by fine as vegan.
>>> Just like
>>> you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't say you're
>>> 99.9%
>>> vegan.

>>Of course you can. You have to. Animals are killed for the glue
>>in
>>your furniture, for the dye of your clothes, for the
>>electricity of
>>your computer. You can only do your best. And it's far better
>>to eat a
>>little bit of cheese once a week than to eat meat and diary
>>every day.
>>It's not an all-or-nothing matter. We don't have that much
>>control.
>>
>>T.

Beach Runner

Taemon wrote:

>>>Of course you can. You have to. Animals are killed for the glue in
>>>your furniture,

Only musical instruments because it's weak glue and has acoustic properties

Joe

Rick, I think you should change your name to;
"Much ado about nothing."

You say the same thing over and over until we're bored to tears.

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:34:51 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

>ROTFLMAO ..........., killer.

Dave

rick wrote:
> "Joe" > wrote in message
> >I disagree; you're talking about extremeties in which a vegan
> >has
> > zippo control-a 100% vegan by your standards means they
> > shouldn't walk
> > on the ground for the rest of their life lest they stomp on
> > minute
> > sized creatures by the 1000's with each step - Will any vegans
> > will
> > claim such extremes as a base-line pre-requisite!

> ========================
> Why go that far, killer? The point is that YOU do nothing to
> alleviate/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering of animals.

You are overplaying your hand. By becoming vegan Joe has eliminated
from his diet factory farmed animals that have been fed factory
farmed veggies. You can argue that veganism is not the most effective
way to alleviate unnecessary death and suffering of animals but
to claim it does nothing is just silly.

> Following a simple rule for your simple mind does nothing,
> hypocrite.
>

> > Personally I'm scrutinizing non-'vegetarian' food product
> > ingredients
> > closely now and make an occasional catch of an animal-additive
> > and off
> > my grocery list that item goes-it's a reasonable ongoing
> > learning
> > process.

> ==========================
> Ah yes, the micro-pieces obsession of an eating disorder...
>

> A vegan doesn't need "cheese once a week" in place of meat
> > since there are alternate sources for similar nutrition found
> > in that
> > and other dairy products-otherwise by definition that
> > once-a-week
> > cheese would take-on vegetarian status.

> ======================
> ROTFLMAO These 'alternatives' cause far more brutal, inhumane
> deaths than is you just ate the real things you ignorant dolt.
> But then, you keep proving with each inane post that unnecessary
> animals death and suffering means nothing to you, killer.
>

> > On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:08:00 +0200, "Taemon" >
> > wrote:

> >>Of course you can. You have to. Animals are killed for the glue
> >>in
> >>your furniture, for the dye of your clothes, for the
> >>electricity of
> >>your computer. You can only do your best. And it's far better
> >>to eat a
> >>little bit of cheese once a week than to eat meat and diary
> >>every day.
> >>It's not an all-or-nothing matter. We don't have that much
> >>control.
> >>
> >>T.

rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> >I disagree; you're talking about extremeties in which a vegan
>> >has
>> > zippo control-a 100% vegan by your standards means they
>> > shouldn't walk
>> > on the ground for the rest of their life lest they stomp on
>> > minute
>> > sized creatures by the 1000's with each step - Will any
>> > vegans
>> > will
>> > claim such extremes as a base-line pre-requisite!

>> ========================
>> Why go that far, killer? The point is that YOU do nothing to
>> alleviate/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering of
>> animals.

> You are overplaying your hand. By becoming vegan Joe has
> eliminated
> from his diet factory farmed animals that have been fed factory
> farmed veggies.

==================================
At what cost? He has, like you, done exactly zero research into
the alternatives he has chosen. I claim there are different
alternatives that DO make a difference, instead of the
illusionary ones vegans claims. All he follows is the simple
rule for his simple mind, 'eat no meat.' That does nothing to
reduce eliminate overall animal death and suffering. And, again
you have to resort to this 'factory-farmed' myth, which is all
vegans rant about despite the fact that there are alternative
meats.

You can argue that veganism is not the most effective
> way to alleviate unnecessary death and suffering of animals but
> to claim it does nothing is just silly.

=============================
No, it's not. By just becomeing a 'vegan' wannbe does nothing to
really reduce/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering.
besides, there are NO vegans here on usenet...

>> Following a simple rule for your simple mind does nothing,
>> hypocrite.
>>

>> > Personally I'm scrutinizing non-'vegetarian' food product
>> > ingredients
>> > closely now and make an occasional catch of an
>> > animal-additive
>> > and off
>> > my grocery list that item goes-it's a reasonable ongoing
>> > learning
>> > process.

>> ==========================
>> Ah yes, the micro-pieces obsession of an eating disorder...
>>

>> A vegan doesn't need "cheese once a week" in place of meat
>> > since there are alternate sources for similar nutrition
>> > found
>> > in that
>> > and other dairy products-otherwise by definition that
>> > once-a-week
>> > cheese would take-on vegetarian status.

>> ======================
>> ROTFLMAO These 'alternatives' cause far more brutal, inhumane
>> deaths than is you just ate the real things you ignorant dolt.
>> But then, you keep proving with each inane post that
>> unnecessary
>> animals death and suffering means nothing to you, killer.

rick

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Rick, I think you should change your name to;
> "Much ado about nothing."
>
> You say the same thing over and over until we're bored to
> tears.

========================
LOL Only because you keep spewing the same lys over and over,
hypocrite. change your tune and I won't have to tell you the
truth again....

> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:34:51 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>

>>ROTFLMAO ..........., killer.

Dave

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> ========================
> >> Why go that far, killer? The point is that YOU do nothing to
> >> alleviate/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering of
> >> animals.

> > You are overplaying your hand. By becoming vegan Joe has
> > eliminated
> > from his diet factory farmed animals that have been fed factory
> > farmed veggies.

> ==================================
> At what cost? He has, like you, done exactly zero research into
> the alternatives he has chosen. I claim there are different
> alternatives that DO make a difference, instead of the
> illusionary ones vegans claims.

There is nothing illusory about the claim that commonplace
methods for producing animal products cause more harm than
non-animal products. Not only do the welfare conditions of
these animals range from sub-optimal to appaling but more
of the grain and soya you make such a big thing about grown
to feed the animals than would be needed to feed humans directly.

> All he follows is the simple
> rule for his simple mind, 'eat no meat.' That does nothing to
> reduce eliminate overall animal death and suffering.

If he ate conventionally reared meat and dairy products his diet
would cause a great deal more overall animal death and suffering.
You are blinded by your hatred of vegans and this is preventing
you from thinking rationally.

> And, again
> you have to resort to this 'factory-farmed' myth,

I simply do not believe that having spent so long
on this newsgroup you can still be ignorant enough to
describe the factory-farming of animals as a myth.

> which is all
> vegans rant about despite the fact that there are alternative
> meats.

There are alternative methods of producing meat and dairy that are
considerably more compassionate and environmentally responsible.
The fact that Joe also avoids these products does not alter
the fact that he avoids the food products of animal based factory
farming and thereby does something to reduce the unnecessary
death and suffering of animals.

> > You can argue that veganism is not the most effective
> > way to alleviate unnecessary death and suffering of animals but
> > to claim it does nothing is just silly.

> =============================
> No, it's not. By just becomeing a 'vegan' wannbe does nothing to
> really reduce/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering.
> besides, there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>
> >> Following a simple rule for your simple mind does nothing,
> >> hypocrite.

> >> ==========================
> >> Ah yes, the micro-pieces obsession of an eating disorder...
> >>

> >> A vegan doesn't need "cheese once a week" in place of meat
> >> ======================
> >> ROTFLMAO These 'alternatives' cause far more brutal, inhumane
> >> deaths than is you just ate the real things you ignorant dolt.
> >> But then, you keep proving with each inane post that
> >> unnecessary
> >> animals death and suffering means nothing to you, killer.

Dave

Joe wrote:
> I disagree; you're talking about extremeties in which a vegan has
> zippo control-a 100% vegan by your standards means they shouldn't walk
> on the ground for the rest of their life lest they stomp on minute
> sized creatures by the 1000's with each step - Will any vegans will
> claim such extremes as a base-line pre-requisite!

You could always claim that such deaths are accidental and in practical
terms unavoidable.

> Personally I'm scrutinizing non-'vegetarian' food product ingredients
> closely now and make an occasional catch of an animal-additive and off
> my grocery list that item goes-it's a reasonable ongoing learning
> process. A vegan doesn't need "cheese once a week" in place of meat
> since there are alternate sources for similar nutrition found in that
> and other dairy products-otherwise by definition that once-a-week
> cheese would take-on vegetarian status.

The point I think you are missing. It is highly unlikely that neither
your computer nor the power plants nor the pylons nor the
telecommunications networks are free of animal products. Therefore by
venturing onto the internet you are almost certainly consuming animal
products and therefore less than 100% vegan unless the vegan standard
applies only to food products.

This doesn't mean that you should abandon eliminating animal source
products from your diet. As I am explaining to Rick elsewhere in
the thread this is a positive step towards reducing your complicity
in animal cruelty. What it does mean is that you should reconsider
your all or nothing approach evidenced by the quote "you can't say
you're 99.9% vegan."

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:08:00 +0200, "Taemon" > wrote:
>
> >Joe wrote:
> >
> >> Why would you say impossible... many get by fine as vegan. Just like
> >> you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't say you're 99.9%
> >> vegan.

> >Of course you can. You have to. Animals are killed for the glue in
> >your furniture, for the dye of your clothes, for the electricity of
> >your computer. You can only do your best. And it's far better to eat a
> >little bit of cheese once a week than to eat meat and diary every day.
> >It's not an all-or-nothing matter. We don't have that much control.
> >
> >T.

rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > You are overplaying your hand. By becoming vegan Joe has
>> > eliminated
>> > from his diet factory farmed animals that have been fed
>> > factory
>> > farmed veggies.

>> ==================================
>> At what cost? He has, like you, done exactly zero research
>> into
>> the alternatives he has chosen. I claim there are different
>> alternatives that DO make a difference, instead of the
>> illusionary ones vegans claims.

> There is nothing illusory about the claim that commonplace
> methods for producing animal products cause more harm than
> non-animal products.

=======================
And, there is nothing illusionary about the fact that vegan
wannbes ONLY focus on that belief, and regard ALL meat as bad
regardless of the choices they then make. Thus proving that it
is all about a simple rule for simple minds and NOT about any
real concern for innecessary death and suffering of animals.

Not only do the welfare conditions of
> these animals range from sub-optimal to appaling but more
> of the grain and soya you make such a big thing about grown
> to feed the animals than would be needed to feed humans
> directly.

===============================
Another myth. Soy is grown for it's oil for human consumption.
The 'waste' is then turned into feed. Or do your believe that
the beans are fed directly to cows?

>> All he follows is the simple
>> rule for his simple mind, 'eat no meat.' That does nothing
>> reduce eliminate overall animal death and suffering.

> If he ate conventionally reared meat and dairy products his
> diet
> would cause a great deal more overall animal death and
> suffering.
> You are blinded by your hatred of vegans and this is preventing
> you from thinking rationally.

============================
The blindness is not on my part, as you keep provving by YOUR
fixation only on one type of meat. Why is that, killer?
Anything else blows your delusions out of the water?

>> And, again
>> you have to resort to this 'factory-farmed' myth,

> I simply do not believe that having spent so long
> on this newsgroup you can still be ignorant enough to
> describe the factory-farming of animals as a myth.

===============================
As describe by vegan loons here, yes, it is a myth. They
continue to spew that all beef cows are fed only grains at
feedlots all their lives. What part of that myth do you
dispute?

>> which is all
>> vegans rant about despite the fact that there are alternative
>> meats.

> There are alternative methods of producing meat and dairy that
> are
> considerably more compassionate and environmentally
> responsible.

=========================
Which vegans refuse to even acknowledge because their
brainwashing relies solely on a simple rule for their simple
minds. Instead they spew about micro grams in their mass
produced, processed petro-chemical industry based foods. They
care nothing about the massive amounts of dead bodies that are
the result of those choices. Why is that? Hypocrisy, willful
ignorance, or stupidity?

> The fact that Joe also avoids these products does not alter
> the fact that he avoids the food products of animal based
> factory
> farming and thereby does something to reduce the unnecessary
> death and suffering of animals.

======================
To the detriment of what other animals, fool? He, and you,
continue to focus only on what YOU believe happens in the meat
industry and continue to ignore the far more brutal, inhumane
deaths that occur in crop productions. Why is that? What
research have you, or any vegan done to spew as much about which
veggies cause more deaths? You spend NO time comparing your own
foods, because the simple rule for simple minds says it is
automatically 'better.' How many animals are you, or any vegan
willing to kill for a pound of rice? Potatoes? Brocolli? Why
is it that vegans don't even care. Why do vegans spend so much
energy processing veggies into a meat substitute despite the fact
that many more animals die per pound than for some real meats?
Again, hypocrisy, willful ignorabce, stupidity?

>> > You can argue that veganism is not the most effective
>> > way to alleviate unnecessary death and suffering of animals
>> > but
>> > to claim it does nothing is just silly.

>> =============================
>> No, it's not. By just becomeing a 'vegan' wannbe does nothing
>> really reduce/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering.
>> besides, there are NO vegans here on usenet...

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Taemon

Dave wrote:

> This doesn't mean that you should abandon eliminating animal source
> products from your diet. As I am explaining to Rick elsewhere in
> the thread this is a positive step towards reducing your complicity
> in animal cruelty. What it does mean is that you should reconsider
> your all or nothing approach evidenced by the quote "you can't say
> you're 99.9% vegan."

Exactly my point. Apart from that, could you stop feeding the trolls,
please?

T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

Taemon wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
> > This doesn't mean that you should abandon eliminating animal source
> > products from your diet. As I am explaining to Rick elsewhere in
> > the thread this is a positive step towards reducing your complicity
> > in animal cruelty. What it does mean is that you should reconsider
> > your all or nothing approach evidenced by the quote "you can't say
> > you're 99.9% vegan."

> Exactly my point. Apart from that, could you stop feeding the trolls,
> please?

Is alt.food.vegan an inappropriate place to be discussing the ethics
of veganism? If it becomes clear that this is the general feeling
of the group then I shall confine my troll feeding to aaev and tpa
in future. Of course no one is forcing you to read my discussions
with those you consider trolls....

> T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "Dave" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...

> >> ==================================
> >> At what cost? He has, like you, done exactly zero research
> >> into
> >> the alternatives he has chosen. I claim there are different
> >> alternatives that DO make a difference, instead of the
> >> illusionary ones vegans claims.

> > There is nothing illusory about the claim that commonplace
> > methods for producing animal products cause more harm than
> > non-animal products.

> =======================
> And, there is nothing illusionary about the fact that vegan
> wannbes ONLY focus on that belief, and regard ALL meat as bad
> regardless of the choices they then make. Thus proving that it
> is all about a simple rule for simple minds and NOT about any
> real concern for innecessary death and suffering of animals.
>

> Not only do the welfare conditions of
> > these animals range from sub-optimal to appaling but more
> > of the grain and soya you make such a big thing about grown
> > to feed the animals than would be needed to feed humans
> > directly.

> ===============================
> Another myth. Soy is grown for it's oil for human consumption.
> The 'waste' is then turned into feed. Or do your believe that
> the beans are fed directly to cows?

Sunflowers and olives are far more oily than soybeans. The soy is
grown as much for livestock as it is for vegetable oil.
The byproduct of the oil production is human consumable - it
is the main component of TVP.

> >> All he follows is the simple
> >> rule for his simple mind, 'eat no meat.' That does nothing
> >> reduce eliminate overall animal death and suffering.

> > If he ate conventionally reared meat and dairy products his
> > diet
> > would cause a great deal more overall animal death and
> > suffering.
> > You are blinded by your hatred of vegans and this is preventing
> > you from thinking rationally.

> ============================
> The blindness is not on my part, as you keep provving by YOUR
> fixation only on one type of meat. Why is that, killer?
> Anything else blows your delusions out of the water?

I'm fixated on mainstream commercial meats because I find those
highly objectionable. I am not fixated on decent, organic mixed
agriculture systems because I find them more acceptable.

> >> And, again
> >> you have to resort to this 'factory-farmed' myth,

> > I simply do not believe that having spent so long
> > on this newsgroup you can still be ignorant enough to
> > describe the factory-farming of animals as a myth.

> ===============================
> As describe by vegan loons here, yes, it is a myth. They
> continue to spew that all beef cows are fed only grains at
> feedlots all their lives. What part of that myth do you
> dispute?

I don't promote any of that myth and I haven't seen anyone
else do so either. Now let's talk about chickens......

> >> which is all
> >> vegans rant about despite the fact that there are alternative
> >> meats.

> > There are alternative methods of producing meat and dairy that
> > are
> > considerably more compassionate and environmentally
> > responsible.

> =========================
> Which vegans refuse to even acknowledge because their
> brainwashing relies solely on a simple rule for their simple
> minds. Instead they spew about micro grams in their mass
> produced, processed petro-chemical industry based foods. They
> care nothing about the massive amounts of dead bodies that are
> the result of those choices. Why is that? Hypocrisy, willful
> ignorance, or stupidity?
>

> > The fact that Joe also avoids these products does not alter
> > the fact that he avoids the food products of animal based
> > factory
> > farming and thereby does something to reduce the unnecessary
> > death and suffering of animals.

> ======================
> To the detriment of what other animals, fool? He, and you,
> continue to focus only on what YOU believe happens in the meat
> industry and continue to ignore the far more brutal, inhumane
> deaths that occur in crop productions. Why is that?

Why do you ignore that, unlike many farm animals, the wild animals
lead decent lives before their deaths? Why do you ignore that the
same deaths associated with crop production are also associated with
livestock production?

> What
> research have you, or any vegan done to spew as much about which
> veggies cause more deaths? You spend NO time comparing your own
> foods, because the simple rule for simple minds says it is
> automatically 'better.' How many animals are you, or any vegan
> willing to kill for a pound of rice? Potatoes? Brocolli? Why
> is it that vegans don't even care. Why do vegans spend so much
> energy processing veggies into a meat substitute despite the fact
> that many more animals die per pound than for some real meats?
> Again, hypocrisy, willful ignorabce, stupidity?

I don't think you have reliable enough data to call that a fact.

> >> =============================
> >> No, it's not. By just becomeing a 'vegan' wannbe does nothing
> >> really reduce/eliminate unnecessary death and suffering.
> >> besides, there are NO vegans here on usenet...

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Taemon

Dave wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
>> Dave wrote:
>>> This doesn't mean that you should abandon eliminating animal
>>> source
>>> products from your diet. As I am explaining to Rick elsewhere in
>>> the thread this is a positive step towards reducing your
>>> complicity
>>> in animal cruelty. What it does mean is that you should reconsider
>>> your all or nothing approach evidenced by the quote "you can't say
>>> you're 99.9% vegan."

>> Exactly my point. Apart from that, could you stop feeding the
>> trolls,
>> please?

> Is alt.food.vegan an inappropriate place to be discussing the ethics
> of veganism?

Not necessarily, but this is no discussion, since you are having it
with a troll :-)

> If it becomes clear that this is the general feeling
> of the group then I shall confine my troll feeding to aaev and tpa
> in future. Of course no one is forcing you to read my discussions
> with those you consider trolls....

Of course not, and you are in no way obliged to pay heed to my little
request. I just would like to save this group. It used to be much
better.

T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On 25 Oct 2005 18:01:49 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:

Maybe I shouldn't have trod into this thread, and should've let the
vegans respond where it was applicable. I'm vegetarian and get by it
fine as an alternative to not eating meat. Rick has a problem
believing not eating meat is an unhealthy alternative. But it works
for me very well and in the process I'm learning about proper
nutritionary intake and the absurd delusionary attitudes hard-core
meat 'cravers' cannot get over. Most of all in my small part I'd like
to think I'm part of the process where common sense indicates animals
needn't be slaughtered for human food consumption just because of the
misguided notion repeatedly often chanted by meat-cravers "..But we
need meat!"
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Taemon" > wrote in message
> Dave wrote:
>
>> Taemon wrote:
>>> Exactly my point. Apart from that, could you stop feeding the
>>> trolls,
>>> please?

>> Is alt.food.vegan an inappropriate place to be discussing the
>> ethics
>> of veganism?

> Not necessarily, but this is no discussion, since you are
> having it with a troll :-)
> ==================================

Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word troll, killer.

>> If it becomes clear that this is the general feeling
>> of the group then I shall confine my troll feeding to aaev and
>> tpa
>> in future. Of course no one is forcing you to read my
>> discussions
>> with those you consider trolls....

> Of course not, and you are in no way obliged to pay heed to my
> little request. I just would like to save this group. It used
> to be much better.
>
> T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Joe" > wrote in message

> On 25 Oct 2005 18:01:49 -0700, "Dave" >
> wrote:
>
> Maybe I shouldn't have trod into this thread, and should've let
> the
> vegans respond where it was applicable. I'm vegetarian and get
> by it
> fine as an alternative to not eating meat. Rick has a problem
> believing not eating meat is an unhealthy alternative.

=================================
Where did you read that, fool? I have no problem with what you
eat. The problem is the veg*n lys and delusions that surround
the religion of veganism....

But it works
> for me very well and in the process I'm learning about proper
> nutritionary intake and the absurd delusionary attitudes
> hard-core
> meat 'cravers' cannot get over. Most of all in my small part
> I'd like
> to think I'm part of the process where common sense indicates
> animals
> needn't be slaughtered for human food consumption just because
> of the
> misguided notion repeatedly often chanted by meat-cravers
> "..But we
> need meat!"

===========================
But the problem is dolt, animals do need to be slaughtered for
your food production. The problem for you is that the ones that
die for your veggies die far more brutally and inhumanely than
slaughterhouse animals do. Why is it that you always neglect to
take that into account? Oh, yeah, that simple rule for simple
minds thingy....

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> > There is nothing illusory about the claim that commonplace
>> > methods for producing animal products cause more harm than
>> > non-animal products.

>> =======================
>> And, there is nothing illusionary about the fact that vegan
>> wannbes ONLY focus on that belief, and regard ALL meat as bad
>> regardless of the choices they then make. Thus proving that
>> it
>> is all about a simple rule for simple minds and NOT about any
>> real concern for innecessary death and suffering of animals.
>>

>> Not only do the welfare conditions of
>> > these animals range from sub-optimal to appaling but more
>> > of the grain and soya you make such a big thing about grown
>> > to feed the animals than would be needed to feed humans
>> > directly.

>> ===============================
>> Another myth. Soy is grown for it's oil for human
>> consumption.
>> The 'waste' is then turned into feed. Or do your believe that
>> the beans are fed directly to cows?

> Sunflowers and olives are far more oily than soybeans. The soy
> is
> grown as much for livestock as it is for vegetable oil.

==================
really? fed whole and raw to cattle?....

> The byproduct of the oil production is human consumable - it
> is the main component of TVP.

==========================
highly processed, and very complicit in the death and suffering
of animals.

>> > If he ate conventionally reared meat and dairy products his
>> > diet
>> > would cause a great deal more overall animal death and
>> > suffering.
>> > You are blinded by your hatred of vegans and this is
>> > preventing
>> > you from thinking rationally.

>> ============================
>> The blindness is not on my part, as you keep provving by YOUR
>> fixation only on one type of meat. Why is that, killer?
>> Anything else blows your delusions out of the water?

> I'm fixated on mainstream commercial meats because I find those
> highly objectionable. I am not fixated on decent, organic mixed
> agriculture systems because I find them more acceptable.

============================
Tell that to the vegans here that i'm talking about. You keep
talking the talk you get lumped in with the delusion fools...

>> > I simply do not believe that having spent so long
>> > on this newsgroup you can still be ignorant enough to
>> > describe the factory-farming of animals as a myth.

>> ===============================
>> As describe by vegan loons here, yes, it is a myth. They
>> continue to spew that all beef cows are fed only grains at
>> feedlots all their lives. What part of that myth do you
>> dispute?

> I don't promote any of that myth and I haven't seen anyone
> else do so either. Now let's talk about chickens......

========================
Sure, lets.... From this window I can see about a dozen roaming
around our back yard/field right now. They especially love it
after we mow... Plus there is a great blue heron at the edge of
the pond...

>> > There are alternative methods of producing meat and dairy
>> > that
>> > are
>> > considerably more compassionate and environmentally
>> > responsible.

>> =========================
>> Which vegans refuse to even acknowledge because their
>> brainwashing relies solely on a simple rule for their simple
>> minds. Instead they spew about micro grams in their mass
>> produced, processed petro-chemical industry based foods. They
>> care nothing about the massive amounts of dead bodies that are
>> the result of those choices. Why is that? Hypocrisy, willful
>> ignorance, or stupidity?
>>

>> > The fact that Joe also avoids these products does not alter
>> > the fact that he avoids the food products of animal based
>> > factory
>> > farming and thereby does something to reduce the unnecessary
>> > death and suffering of animals.

>> ======================
>> To the detriment of what other animals, fool? He, and you,
>> continue to focus only on what YOU believe happens in the meat
>> industry and continue to ignore the far more brutal, inhumane
>> deaths that occur in crop productions. Why is that?

> Why do you ignore that, unlike many farm animals, the wild
> animals
> lead decent lives before their deaths?

===============================
Do they all? Mortality is very high for field animals even whrn
not being sprayed and run over. But that aside, since you think
they lived 'good lives' that makes it ok to slice, dice, shred,
dis-member and poison them in the end? How does that work
exactly in your head?

Why do you ignore that the
> same deaths associated with crop production are also associated
> with
> livestock production?

============================
Which ones? The beef I eat is all grass fed. No hormones, no
antibiotics. I just told you about chickens....
So, tell me where all the 'same' deaths are that are caused by
crop production.

>> What
>> research have you, or any vegan done to spew as much about
>> which
>> veggies cause more deaths? You spend NO time comparing your
>> own
>> foods, because the simple rule for simple minds says it is
>> automatically 'better.' How many animals are you, or any
>> vegan
>> willing to kill for a pound of rice? Potatoes? Brocolli?
>> Why
>> is it that vegans don't even care. Why do vegans spend so
>> much
>> energy processing veggies into a meat substitute despite the
>> fact
>> that many more animals die per pound than for some real meats?
>> Again, hypocrisy, willful ignorabce, stupidity?

> I don't think you have reliable enough data to call that a
> fact.

=============================
LOL I asked you for YOURS. Where is it? Where is all that data
that backs up the claims that being vegan automatically causes
no/fewer/less deaths to animals?
The data I have provided are from sites from many sources, mostly
colleges and government sites. All vegans ever seem to have are
the same loony propaganda sites...

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

rick wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "Dave" > wrote in message
> >> ups.com...

> >> =======================
> >> And, there is nothing illusionary about the fact that vegan
> >> wannbes ONLY focus on that belief, and regard ALL meat as bad
> >> regardless of the choices they then make. Thus proving that
> >> it
> >> is all about a simple rule for simple minds and NOT about any
> >> real concern for innecessary death and suffering of animals.
> >>

> >> Not only do the welfare conditions of
> >> ===============================
> >> Another myth. Soy is grown for it's oil for human
> >> consumption.
> >> The 'waste' is then turned into feed. Or do your believe that
> >> the beans are fed directly to cows?

> > Sunflowers and olives are far more oily than soybeans. The soy
> > is
> > grown as much for livestock as it is for vegetable oil.

> ==================
> really? fed whole and raw to cattle?....

The vegetable oil is much a byproduct of cattle feed as the
cattle feed is a by product of vegetable oil. According to
the figures Pearl recently posted when you raised this point
in another thread, most of the commercial value is as cattle
feed. If you were growing the crops only for their oil, why chose
soya instead of something more oily like sunflowers or olives?

> > The byproduct of the oil production is human consumable - it
> > is the main component of TVP.

> ==========================
> highly processed, and very complicit in the death and suffering
> of animals.

Then people who eat the cattle who it is fed to are even more
complicit.

> >> ============================
> >> The blindness is not on my part, as you keep provving by YOUR
> >> fixation only on one type of meat. Why is that, killer?
> >> Anything else blows your delusions out of the water?

> > I'm fixated on mainstream commercial meats because I find those
> > highly objectionable. I am not fixated on decent, organic mixed
> > agriculture systems because I find them more acceptable.

> ============================
> Tell that to the vegans here that i'm talking about. You keep
> talking the talk you get lumped in with the delusion fools...

You can lump me in with whoever I like just as long as you continue
to address my arguments instead of arguments of those you have
lumped me in with.

> >> ===============================
> >> As describe by vegan loons here, yes, it is a myth. They
> >> continue to spew that all beef cows are fed only grains at
> >> feedlots all their lives. What part of that myth do you
> >> dispute?

> > I don't promote any of that myth and I haven't seen anyone
> > else do so either. Now let's talk about chickens......

> ========================
> Sure, lets.... From this window I can see about a dozen roaming
> around our back yard/field right now. They especially love it
> after we mow... Plus there is a great blue heron at the edge of
> the pond...

That's nice. And the cheap supermarket chickens?

> >> =========================
> >> Which vegans refuse to even acknowledge because their
> >> brainwashing relies solely on a simple rule for their simple
> >> minds. Instead they spew about micro grams in their mass
> >> produced, processed petro-chemical industry based foods. They
> >> care nothing about the massive amounts of dead bodies that are
> >> the result of those choices. Why is that? Hypocrisy, willful
> >> ignorance, or stupidity?

> >> ======================
> >> To the detriment of what other animals, fool? He, and you,
> >> continue to focus only on what YOU believe happens in the meat
> >> industry and continue to ignore the far more brutal, inhumane
> >> deaths that occur in crop productions. Why is that?

> > Why do you ignore that, unlike many farm animals, the wild
> > animals
> > lead decent lives before their deaths?

> ===============================
> Do they all?

Well, they don't spend their lives in uncomfortable and unhealthy
conditions where they are treated as machines.

> Mortality is very high for field animals even whrn
> not being sprayed and run over. But that aside, since you think
> they lived 'good lives' that makes it ok to slice, dice, shred,
> dis-member and poison them in the end?

Of course not but neither are these brief periods of pain
comparable to the lifetime of discomfort suffered by some
factory farmed animals, poultry in particular.

> How does that work
> exactly in your head?
>

> Why do you ignore that the
> > same deaths associated with crop production are also associated
> > with
> > livestock production?

> ============================
> Which ones? The beef I eat is all grass fed. No hormones, no
> antibiotics. I just told you about chickens....
> So, tell me where all the 'same' deaths are that are caused by
> crop production.

Irrelevant to my claim that Joe is reducing the impact of his
diet, compared with someone who has no dietary ethics. He avoids
the worst products.

> >> What
> >> research have you, or any vegan done to spew as much about
> >> which
> >> veggies cause more deaths? You spend NO time comparing your
> >> own
> >> foods, because the simple rule for simple minds says it is
> >> automatically 'better.' How many animals are you, or any
> >> vegan
> >> willing to kill for a pound of rice? Potatoes? Brocolli?
> >> Why
> >> is it that vegans don't even care. Why do vegans spend so
> >> much
> >> energy processing veggies into a meat substitute despite the
> >> fact
> >> that many more animals die per pound than for some real meats?
> >> Again, hypocrisy, willful ignorabce, stupidity?

> > I don't think you have reliable enough data to call that a
> > fact.

> =============================
> LOL I asked you for YOURS. Where is it? Where is all that data
> that backs up the claims that being vegan automatically causes
> no/fewer/less deaths to animals?

Becoming vegan reduces complicity in animal death and suffering
in exactly the same way that being a discerning omnivore does,
by eliminating the products that result in the most - factory
farmed meat!

> The data I have provided are from sites from many sources, mostly
> colleges and government sites. All vegans ever seem to have are
> the same loony propaganda sites...

So where is the data that proves that many more animals die per pound
for meat 'substitutes' than they do for some meat products?

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

Joe wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2005 18:01:49 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:
>
> Maybe I shouldn't have trod into this thread, and should've let the
> vegans respond where it was applicable. I'm vegetarian and get by it
> fine as an alternative to not eating meat. Rick has a problem
> believing not eating meat is an unhealthy alternative. But it works
> for me very well and in the process I'm learning about proper
> nutritionary intake and the absurd delusionary attitudes hard-core
> meat 'cravers' cannot get over. Most of all in my small part I'd like
> to think I'm part of the process where common sense indicates animals
> needn't be slaughtered for human food consumption just because of the
> misguided notion repeatedly often chanted by meat-cravers "..But we
> need meat!"

One thing for you to consider: If the objective is to reduce your
complicity in animal death and suffering then would it not be better
to be 99% vegan with 1% meat and fish than 100% vegetarian with 10%
milk and eggs?

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

Taemon wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
> > Taemon wrote:
> >> Exactly my point. Apart from that, could you stop feeding the
> >> trolls,
> >> please?

> > Is alt.food.vegan an inappropriate place to be discussing the ethics
> > of veganism?

> Not necessarily, but this is no discussion, since you are having it
> with a troll :-)
>
> > If it becomes clear that this is the general feeling
> > of the group then I shall confine my troll feeding to aaev and tpa
> > in future. Of course no one is forcing you to read my discussions
> > with those you consider trolls....

> Of course not, and you are in no way obliged to pay heed to my little
> request. I just would like to save this group. It used to be much
> better.

What sort of discussions took place in the good old days?

> T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > Sunflowers and olives are far more oily than soybeans. The
>> > soy
>> > is
>> > grown as much for livestock as it is for vegetable oil.

>> ==================
>> really? fed whole and raw to cattle?....

> The vegetable oil is much a byproduct of cattle feed as the
> cattle feed is a by product of vegetable oil. According to
> the figures Pearl recently posted when you raised this point
> in another thread, most of the commercial value is as cattle
> feed. If you were growing the crops only for their oil, why
> chose
> soya instead of something more oily like sunflowers or olives?
>
>> > The byproduct of the oil production is human consumable - it
>> > is the main component of TVP.

>> ==========================
>> highly processed, and very complicit in the death and
>> suffering
>> of animals.

> Then people who eat the cattle who it is fed to are even more
> complicit.

===================
Thanks for again proving you can't do anything except return to
what you think is the worst meats, and never even consider the
wrost veggies. Simple rule for simple mind.....

>> > I'm fixated on mainstream commercial meats because I find
>> > those
>> > highly objectionable. I am not fixated on decent, organic
>> > mixed
>> > agriculture systems because I find them more acceptable.

>> ============================
>> Tell that to the vegans here that i'm talking about. You keep
>> talking the talk you get lumped in with the delusion fools...

> You can lump me in with whoever I like just as long as you
> continue
> to address my arguments instead of arguments of those you have
> lumped me in with.

===============
You keep backing the lys up....

>> > I don't promote any of that myth and I haven't seen anyone
>> > else do so either. Now let's talk about chickens......

>> ========================
>> Sure, lets.... From this window I can see about a dozen
>> roaming
>> around our back yard/field right now. They especially love it
>> after we mow... Plus there is a great blue heron at the edge
>> of
>> the pond...

> That's nice. And the cheap supermarket chickens?

===================
Thanks for again proving you can't do anything except return to
what you think is the worst meats, and never even consider the
wrost veggies. Simple rule for simple mind.....

>> > Why do you ignore that, unlike many farm animals, the wild
>> > animals
>> > lead decent lives before their deaths?

>> ===============================
>> Do they all?

> Well, they don't spend their lives in uncomfortable and
> unhealthy
> conditions where they are treated as machines.

=============
Neither do the animals I eat, fool. And, on top of that they die
far more humanely.

>> Mortality is very high for field animals even whrn
>> not being sprayed and run over. But that aside, since you
>> think
>> they lived 'good lives' that makes it ok to slice, dice,
>> shred,
>> dis-member and poison them in the end?

> Of course not but neither are these brief periods of pain
> comparable to the lifetime of discomfort suffered by some
> factory farmed animals, poultry in particular.

===================
Thanks for again proving you can't do anything except return to
what you think is the worst meats, and never even consider the
wrost veggies. Simple rule for simple mind.....

>> How does that work
>> exactly in your head?
>>

>> Why do you ignore that the
>> > same deaths associated with crop production are also
>> > associated
>> > with
>> > livestock production?

>> ============================
>> Which ones? The beef I eat is all grass fed. No hormones, no
>> antibiotics. I just told you about chickens....
>> So, tell me where all the 'same' deaths are that are caused by
>> crop production.

> Irrelevant to my claim that Joe is reducing the impact of his
> diet, compared with someone who has no dietary ethics. He
> avoids
> the worst products.

====================
I contend that he does not, he follows only a simple rule for his
simple mind. But the fact remains that vegans claim they DO ALL
they can to reduce animal deaths, and all they really mean is
what you call factory farmed meats. It's easy to show that the
typical consumer-oriented mass consumption vegan diet is far
worse than many vegan diets.

>> > I don't think you have reliable enough data to call that a
>> > fact.

>> =============================
>> LOL I asked you for YOURS. Where is it? Where is all that
>> data
>> that backs up the claims that being vegan automatically causes
>> no/fewer/less deaths to animals?

> Becoming vegan reduces complicity in animal death and suffering
> in exactly the same way that being a discerning omnivore does,
> by eliminating the products that result in the most - factory
> farmed meat!

=================
Unproven assertion fool. Care to back it up?

>> The data I have provided are from sites from many sources,
>> mostly
>> colleges and government sites. All vegans ever seem to have
>> are
>> the same loony propaganda sites...

> So where is the data that proves that many more animals die per
> pound
> for meat 'substitutes' than they do for some meat products?
> =========================

Nice strawman. Look at thge data for crop production, add in
power generation and distribution and then compare it to
grass-fed beef, fish, or game. ANY processed foods lose that
comparison.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Dave" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Joe wrote:
>> On 25 Oct 2005 18:01:49 -0700, "Dave" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe I shouldn't have trod into this thread, and should've
>> let the
>> vegans respond where it was applicable. I'm vegetarian and get
>> by it
>> fine as an alternative to not eating meat. Rick has a problem
>> believing not eating meat is an unhealthy alternative. But it
>> works
>> for me very well and in the process I'm learning about proper
>> nutritionary intake and the absurd delusionary attitudes
>> hard-core
>> meat 'cravers' cannot get over. Most of all in my small part
>> I'd like
>> to think I'm part of the process where common sense indicates
>> animals
>> needn't be slaughtered for human food consumption just because
>> of the
>> misguided notion repeatedly often chanted by meat-cravers
>> "..But we
>> need meat!"

> One thing for you to consider: If the objective is to reduce
> your
> complicity in animal death and suffering then would it not be
> better
> to be 99% vegan with 1% meat and fish than 100% vegetarian with
> 10%
> milk and eggs?
>=======================

or any percent processed foods, flours, surgars, tofu....

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

Well Dave, I do understand your point, but no meat or fish for me
personally ever again, no eggs too- [recently]. Milk may be off my
diet too. I can't say I see how the '99% /1%' option you alluded to
applies to someone who'd rather see that creature living out a natural
as possible life instead of on my plate. I'm the kind of person who
takes spiders outside my home rather than squish 'em.

Maybe I sound off at you harshly Rick, but I don't hate you. Just
having a go at you the way you fly off at others; more like jousting
with you, Yes, I have in my diet a percentage [well below the
standard household compliment] of processed food - albeit the types
not heavily processed. ie.no canned food [0%]

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:24:40 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

>"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>> Joe wrote:
>>> On 25 Oct 2005 18:01:49 -0700, "Dave" >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe I shouldn't have trod into this thread, and should've
>>> let the
>>> vegans respond where it was applicable. I'm vegetarian and get
>>> by it
>>> fine as an alternative to not eating meat. Rick has a problem
>>> believing not eating meat is an unhealthy alternative. But it
>>> works
>>> for me very well and in the process I'm learning about proper
>>> nutritionary intake and the absurd delusionary attitudes
>>> hard-core
>>> meat 'cravers' cannot get over. Most of all in my small part
>>> I'd like
>>> to think I'm part of the process where common sense indicates
>>> animals
>>> needn't be slaughtered for human food consumption just because
>>> of the
>>> misguided notion repeatedly often chanted by meat-cravers
>>> "..But we
>>> need meat!"

>> One thing for you to consider: If the objective is to reduce
>> your
>> complicity in animal death and suffering then would it not be
>> better
>> to be 99% vegan with 1% meat and fish than 100% vegetarian with
>> 10%
>> milk and eggs?
>>=======================

>or any percent processed foods, flours, surgars, tofu....

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

Troll or not he's obviously here to stay, and without provocation or
not he intends to make his mark unwarranted or not. The problem may
lie in overblowing Ricky's comments out of proportion. You really
don't have to read any post he makes. I choose to.

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:47:49 +0200, "Taemon" > wrote:

"

>Exactly my point. Apart from that, could you stop feeding the trolls,
>please?
>
>T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Taemon

Joe wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:47:49 +0200, "Taemon" >
> wrote:
>> Exactly my point. Apart from that, could you stop feeding the
>> trolls,
>> please?

> Troll or not he's obviously here to stay, and without provocation or
> not he intends to make his mark unwarranted or not. The problem may
> lie in overblowing Ricky's comments out of proportion. You really
> don't have to read any post he makes. I choose to.

Point is, in that case everyone who has killfiled the trolls will
still see their posts, unless they killfile you, too. And that would
be a shame. I'm not telling anyone what to do, even if I could. I just
would like to nudge this group back to, you know, food.

T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Taemon

Dave wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
>> Dave wrote:
>>> If it becomes clear that this is the general feeling
>>> of the group then I shall confine my troll feeding to aaev and tpa
>>> in future. Of course no one is forcing you to read my discussions
>>> with those you consider trolls....

>> Of course not, and you are in no way obliged to pay heed to my
>> little
>> request. I just would like to save this group. It used to be much
>> better.

> What sort of discussions took place in the good old days?

Food! Food food food! Tons of recipes of course, and tips; questions
about "what do I do with <some vegetable>". Support when it's tough.
Shoulders to cry on when your co-workers take you to a KFC since
apparently, chicken is not meat. Talk about health aspects. Teasing
and other fun. Massive ignoring of trolls. Recipes! Recipes! And
fighting about top-posting, of course :-)

T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

Taemon wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
> > Taemon wrote:
> >> Of course not, and you are in no way obliged to pay heed to my
> >> little
> >> request. I just would like to save this group. It used to be much
> >> better.

> > What sort of discussions took place in the good old days?

> Food! Food food food! Tons of recipes of course, and tips; questions
> about "what do I do with <some vegetable>". Support when it's tough.
> Shoulders to cry on when your co-workers take you to a KFC since
> apparently, chicken is not meat. Talk about health aspects. Teasing
> and other fun. Massive ignoring of trolls. Recipes! Recipes! And
> fighting about top-posting, of course :-)

Sounds good. I quite like arguing over the ethics as well but
no point in making this group a clone of aaev. I shall move
the offending part of this thread over.

> T.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Taemon

Dave wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
>> Dave wrote:
>>> What sort of discussions took place in the good old days?

>> Food! Food food food! Tons of recipes of course, and tips;
>> questions
>> about "what do I do with <some vegetable>". Support when it's
>> tough.
>> Shoulders to cry on when your co-workers take you to a KFC since
>> apparently, chicken is not meat. Talk about health aspects. Teasing
>> and other fun. Massive ignoring of trolls. Recipes! Recipes! And
>> fighting about top-posting, of course :-)

> Sounds good. I quite like arguing over the ethics as well but
> no point in making this group a clone of aaev. I shall move
> the offending part of this thread over.

Thank you! <bows>

T.