Old 31-10-2005, 05:27 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Default I'd like to ask a sensitive question

Skanky wrote:
The troops could sure
use some replacements and have
been forced to stay longer than
originally promised.

"Forced" is a very strong word when used to refer to volunteer

enlistees

and those who applied for commissions by their own free will; part

of

the deal includes going where the government sends them for as long

as

the government sends them. Also, you're lying with respect to any
"promise" made about the duration of our presence in either

Afghanistan,

Iraq, Germany, the UK, Korea, Okinawa, Diego Garcia, Italy, or any

other

nation where we have troops stationed (I assume you object only to

the

first two when a very strong case can be made that the US should let
Europe defend itself at its own expense), but I don't expect you to

know

the difference or truth about any of it. There have been no promises
except that we'll maintain our troops in those nations until they

can

adequately secure their own borders or as long as we have alliances

like

NATO which call for us to maintain troops in certain regions. You
****ing drug-addled ignoramus.

The US spends billions of dollars in
overseas politics

We spend billions more in feeding and caring for people who can't feed
or care for themselves in a variety of shit holes around the world.

when it should be
taking care of it's own.

We do, and we sure as hell don't need muddleheaded dopes from Toronto
(ahem) telling us how to run our wonderful country. So go ****

yourself.

You know full well

We sure as hell don't need muddleheaded dopes from Toronto (ahem)
telling us how to run our wonderful country. So go **** yourself.

Such a wonderful country

Yes, because we ignore carless, muddleheaded, arrested-development dopes
from Toronto.

How old are you

Too young (and smart) for you, you carless whore.

that there is
a lot more that could be done
to improve the living conditions
of the poor in the US.

They can find jobs, for starters. Then they can develop and hone their
marketable skills so they can earn more money. That's how people improve
their living conditions here and around the world, dummy.

There aren't enough jobs.

There are plenty of jobs. There are "help wanted" signs all over town.
You want improvements in the New Orleans area? Employers are unable to
fill jobs so prevailing starting wages are climbing. The going rate for
physical labor -- never mind if you're a skilled worker -- there now is
approaching $20 an hour. Why are the natives still here in Texas (and
mostly unemployed) instead of working on a fresh start at home?

Almost no one chooses to be poor

Bullshit. Many choose mediocrity (or worse) in school. Many drop out.
Many don't learn skills or continue to educate themselves in a field in
which they can earn a living. Many don't avail themselves of entry-level
opportunities and instead opt to suck off the tit of the welfare state.

over having a good paying job. Is
your welfare system giving out too
much money to be an incentive? I
still say that the good jobs are likely
few and far between.

WTF does it have to do with "good jobs"? They're not taking entry-level
jobs or improving themselves through education or job training. Not very
many people start out at or even near the top. Every job is a good job.

If you were able to keep out illegals, maybe
there would be.

The irony is the illegals come here and find jobs and work. The idle
slacking welfare class doesn't work -- they don't have to because we
subsidize their sloth. Nuevo Orleans is being flooded with immigrant
labor now because the natives aren't going back even for inflated wages.
As much as I wish we'd enforce our borders, I won't ever begrudge those
who come here to work the opportunity to outshine the welfare-slacker
class.

How much does a single person on
welfare get?

Any amount is too much.

How much does a family get?

Any amount is too much.

Strengthening levees,

That's an issue I wish the federal government should leave to the

local

idiots who think it's wise to build a fairly large city below sea

level

along the coast. Our federal government shouldn't operate as a
full-insurer for such boneheaded urban planning. If people want to

live

below sea level, let them pay for it themselves. That said, we've
already spent billions of federal dollars on those leaky levees and

will

no doubt spend a lot more. Way too much more.

Blaming the victims.

Do you think it's wise to build a large city below sea level when it's
surrounded by a major river (the Mississippi), a large lake
(Pontchartrain), and within a few miles of the sea (Gulf of Mexico)?

HELLO????!

Hello what? You're still blaming the
victims.

I asked if you think it's wise to build a large city below sea level
when it's surrounded by a major river (the Mississippi), a large lake
(Pontchartrain), and within a few miles of the sea (Gulf of Mexico).
That's not blaming victims, it's asking if you or they have a ****ing
clue about sound urban planning. Further, why do you insist people who
don't live there fund such benighted efforts of building in flood plains
(or worse -- below ****ing sea level)?

And as to your wild claim that I'm blaming victims, consider the following:

* Katrina victims in Atlanta spent their vouchers on $800 Louis Vuitton
handbags and other luxury items.
* Katrina victims in Atlanta, Houston, and Massachusetts reportedly
spent their vouchers on lap dances and booze in strip clubs.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46361
http://tinyurl.com/dw983
Etc.

Three hurricane evacuees in Pasadena, Texas, are under arrest for
murdering an elderly woman who provided them assistance.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3426879

I won't even get into the issue of how much money was allocated to
maintaining the levee system over the last four decades and how local
officials have mismanaged and squandered it.

fixing potholes,

Local issue, not federal. Why do you think *everything* should be a
matter for the feds rather than local government?

Stop getting so worked up.

I'm not worked up. I asked you why the federal government should address
potholes instead of local government. Why are you evading it?

Your taxes, that you probably are
against, go to both.

Go to both what? The question was about which level of government is
best situated to deal with potholes. Why the **** should a bureaucrat in
DC care if there's a hole on a side street in Austin when Austin has its
own road crews? You imbecile.

Your taxes go to all levels of gov't.

The taxes for pot hole repairs are distinct -- the money for that isn't
sent to DC to be skimmed before we get cents back for every dollar we
send. It's local. Similarly, my local government doesn't send pothole
repair funds to DC for the war effort.

and things like that.

We already do. Stupid.

You don't even have a free medical
system.

Neither do you. You pay for it indirectly through your employer (or you
would if you had a job, you carless ****). Your system is NOT free. It's
at least as expensive as ours, but less efficient.

A survey of major Canadian group health insurers shows that cost
increases for prescription drugs provided under
employer-sponsored health care benefit programs will continue at
double-digit rates in 2005....

Almost all employees get free
prescriptions.

Not free. Someone is paying an arm and leg for them.

That means you, dummy.

And all the poor get free ones too.

Liar. You're paying for them. Arm and leg. And the annual increase in
the rates for socialized prescriptions is double-digit.

Canadian employees have not been significantly affected by
prescription drug price increases. "For the most part, employers
are simply absorbing cost increases," said Jackson. "However, we
are beginning to see a limited impact on Canadian consumers as
some employers start to implement dispensing-fee caps or
increase prescription deductibles."
http://www.mellon.com/pressreleases/2005/pr022305.html

Do you think your forced/socialized health care scheme grows on trees?
Stupid, stupid, stupid Skanky.

We've got one of the best medical
systems in the world.

I think a lot of Canadians forced to get treatment in the US and
elsewhere to avoid the waiting lists for procedures would beg to differ.

The only reason we have (some)
waiting lists is that we care for every
person needing help. Your lists are
smaller because fewer people can
afford care.

Bullshit. Everyone is treated here regardless of insurance or ability to
pay. Everyone.

Skanky wrote:

I'm now 42 (soon
43) and I openly admit to

living at home, taking the bus, not owning a car, getting

stoned,

being

agoraphobic, lying to one group of people about having to meet

with

another group of people, etc.

Stop

No. Those are valid descriptions of what you are (carless,

out-of-touch

with reality, agoraphobic pothead), and I didn't attribute it to

your

authorship by sticking it to the right of the signs denoting what

you

actually wrote.

Maybe

They're valid and you know it, Skanky.

Nope.

You know I'm right.

Out to lunch

You sure are, dopey.

What are you

Productive, sober, sane, virile, charming, and cute. Things you never
were or will be.

LOL.

In your pathetic plaight at 43, you should be crying instead of laughing.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 AM posted to alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
Skanky wrote:
[...]

Grow up. For your gratuitous insults,
I will not answer the rest of this post.
You blew it.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

[--snip--]

Old 02-11-2005, 04:57 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
[...]

Grow up.

That's very rich coming from an arrested-development pothead with
agoraphobia.

For your gratuitous insults,

They're not gratuitous. They're spot-on.

I will not answer the rest of this post.
You blew it.

Is this supposed to be some kind of punishment, lol?

WRT your whining about blaming victims, consider this from USA TODAY
this morning:

Two months after Hurricane Katrina, hundreds of New Orleans
businesses are ready to resume normal operations, but it's not
water or wind damage that stands in their way. There's no one to
mind the store. New Orleans needs waiters, cooks, housekeepers,
dry cleaners, paralegals, cab drivers, doctors, nurses, ship
builders, oil workers and more.

The number of openings in New Orleans has more than tripled
since Katrina hit on Aug. 29. Before the storm, the state
Department of Labor averaged 708 job openings a month in Orleans
Parish; a recent check showed postings for about 2,500 jobs. And
that's just employers who have listed openings. Businesses large
and small are desperately seeking workers, and in many
industries, wages are rising....

Contractor Jose Garcia lost half of his workers and now pays
double to compete with $22-an-hour cleanup jobs. Restaurants
that used to pay the $5.15-an-hour minimum wage are offering $8
or more. And everyone is talking about the $6,000 bonus Burger
King will give anyone who signs on for a year.

Don Hutchinson, director of the Mayor's Office of Economic
Development, is excited about the wages. "Between the high
demand for employees and the amount that the Federal Emergency
Management Agency is paying workers, the wage rate across the
board is going up," he says. "The ultimate outcome we are
looking for is that we have a much larger middle class than
we've ever had before...."

[Woody] Oge sees one other problem. Evacuees "have been living
rent-free and eating free food through subsidies from FEMA and
the Red Cross," he says. "I think in many cases that grant money
needs to subside, to give people an incentive to come back."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...business_x.htm

So there ARE jobs, and they're paying very damn well. The problem is
that these people -- most of whom are destitute because they didn't plan
their lives well enough to take care of themselves BEFORE Katrina --
have no intention of returning OR of working.

In the meantime, the number of complaints about evacuees getting drunk
or acting obscene in public, not paying rent for their new apartments,
being involved in crimes (including murder of those assisting them),
spending voucher funds on lap dances and luxury handbags and lingerie,
etc., continue to rise.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/...e/13054132.htm
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...story2/3424792
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...fenders01.html
http://tinyurl.com/737xx
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4435
Etc.

We offered to help, but many of them won't even help themselves. No good
deed goes unpunished. Ever.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:22 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
news
Skanky wrote:
[...]

Yep, go away now, little boy.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:25 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
[...]

Yep

It's more like you're doing me a favor, you old bat.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:32 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

Skanky wrote:
[...]

Well now, that's an interesting insult.
Do you fear getting older?

Old 02-11-2005, 06:36 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
[...]

Well now

It's not punishing me.

that's an interesting insult.

No, it's another truth. You're older than I am. I normally respect my
elders, but your arrested development makes you (at least emotionally)
my junior.

Do you fear getting older?

No. Why do you fear growing up?