FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Romantic London Restaurant? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/71832-romantic-london-restaurant.html)

Sleepless Andy 10-10-2005 12:06 PM

Romantic London Restaurant?

Hi,

I'm looking for a good vegan restaurant recommend please, somewhere
with a good wine list would be preferred :)

Many thanks!

Andy

Steve 10-10-2005 12:16 PM

Sleepless Andy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a good vegan restaurant recommend please, somewhere
> with a good wine list would be preferred :)

If you find out, let us know. It is on my life time to-do list to visit
the U.K.

I know there are some big vegan foodies on rec.food.veg.cooking
( moderated )

Good Luck

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

Plug 10-10-2005 05:15 PM

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Sleepless Andy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for a good vegan restaurant recommend please, somewhere
>> with a good wine list would be preferred :)

There are very few vegan restaurants in London. The ones that I know of are
cafes and not too hot on wine. If you are happy with a veggie place that
does vegan, I have been to The Gate in Hammersmith and found it very good.
I believe they have a wine list. (I don't drink) Google for their website.
If you wish to push the boat out, the Dorchester in Park Lane (omnivorous)
is a fabulous place for dinner. Very swanky (5 star) - but in a nice way -
phone ahead and they will prepare a feast. We had a very good vegetarian
and vegan meal in their Grill Room. You sit on romantic two seater antique
sofas and there are lots of candles and good service. The bill will bring
tears to your eyes. They do special accommodation rates - cheaper from 11
December, for example - we stayed overnight. I thought I had died and gone
to heaven.

Otherwise www.veggieplaces.co.uk has some more options.

Deb

Sleepless Andy 10-10-2005 10:14 PM

Steve wrote:
> Sleepless Andy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for a good vegan restaurant recommend please, somewhere
> > with a good wine list would be preferred :)

> If you find out, let us know. It is on my life time to-do list to visit
> the U.K.
>
> I know there are some big vegan foodies on rec.food.veg.cooking
> ( moderated )

Thanks Steve,

I've crossposted this in there too, hope that's allowed and someone can
help. :D

mashauk 11-10-2005 12:54 AM

I haven't been there myself, but I hear Mildreds in Soho is good.

ups.com...

Sleepless Andy 11-10-2005 05:57 PM

Mildred's looks good from a few reviews I've just reead. Thanks!
However, for this first date, it looks like it might not be as intimate
as I'd like.

Has anyone heard of/been to Eat and Two Veg near Regents Park?

:)

Plug 11-10-2005 09:19 PM

"Sleepless Andy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Mildred's looks good from a few reviews I've just reead. Thanks!
> However, for this first date, it looks like it might not be as intimate
> as I'd like.
>
> Has anyone heard of/been to Eat and Two Veg near Regents Park?

Eat and Two Veg is in Marylebone. It's like an American diner - quite a lot
of mock meats. Mixed reviews. I ate there about a 18 months ago and liked
it but it's not really intimate - open plan with lots of chrome. What about
Manna in Promrose Hill? I've not been there but it's on my "must go" list.

Deb