Velcro_SP

Default Croissants Made w. Eggs or Not?

Is egg an ingredient in a croissant? Is egg an ingredient in certain
croissants?

I sometimes will stop by a 7-11 in the morning and grab a croissant,
so I am curious if 7-11 croissants have egg in them. I tried the 7-11
website but could not find the ingredients there.

It seems like one might be able to taste the egg if it was in there
but I must admit I can't really tell. They are a bit doughy and yeasty
but I just am not sure about egg.
bojster

Velcro_SP wrote:

> Is egg an ingredient in a croissant? Is egg an ingredient in certain
> croissants?
>
> I sometimes will stop by a 7-11 in the morning and grab a croissant,
> so I am curious if 7-11 croissants have egg in them. I tried the 7-11
> website but could not find the ingredients there.
>
> It seems like one might be able to taste the egg if it was in there
> but I must admit I can't really tell. They are a bit doughy and yeasty
> but I just am not sure about egg.

It's highly probable that egg white is used on top, to make them "look
better", but I guess you would be able to tell that then...
Generally, eggs aren't a standard ingredient of the french dough, but
they're used to smear the top in 90% cases. I don't know about 7-11, but
e.g. Fornetti Franchise does exactly that.
Beach Runner

bojster wrote:

> Velcro_SP wrote:
>

>>Is egg an ingredient in a croissant? Is egg an ingredient in certain
>>croissants?
>>
>>I sometimes will stop by a 7-11 in the morning and grab a croissant,
>>so I am curious if 7-11 croissants have egg in them. I tried the 7-11
>>website but could not find the ingredients there.
>>
>>It seems like one might be able to taste the egg if it was in there
>>but I must admit I can't really tell. They are a bit doughy and yeasty
>>but I just am not sure about egg.

> It's highly probable that egg white is used on top, to make them "look
> better", but I guess you would be able to tell that then...
> Generally, eggs aren't a standard ingredient of the french dough, but
> they're used to smear the top in 90% cases. I don't know about 7-11, but
> e.g. Fornetti Franchise does exactly that.

Most 7/11 Croissants are white flower, highly processed. It's not a
long term solution. Better to grab some whole grains, fruit, or some
real food. Something to consider. Veganism alone will not lead to health.
supahC

I don't know if they have egg in them, but croissants are not vegan.
They definately have butter in them. Eat a Luna bar or nuts or
something else instead!