Old 06-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Velcro_SP

Default Croissants Made w. Eggs or Not?

Is egg an ingredient in a croissant? Is egg an ingredient in certain
croissants?

I sometimes will stop by a 7-11 in the morning and grab a croissant,
so I am curious if 7-11 croissants have egg in them. I tried the 7-11
website but could not find the ingredients there.

It seems like one might be able to taste the egg if it was in there
but I must admit I can't really tell. They are a bit doughy and yeasty
but I just am not sure about egg.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 PM
bojster

Velcro_SP wrote:

Is egg an ingredient in a croissant? Is egg an ingredient in certain
croissants?

I sometimes will stop by a 7-11 in the morning and grab a croissant,
so I am curious if 7-11 croissants have egg in them. I tried the 7-11
website but could not find the ingredients there.

It seems like one might be able to taste the egg if it was in there
but I must admit I can't really tell. They are a bit doughy and yeasty
but I just am not sure about egg.

It's highly probable that egg white is used on top, to make them "look
better", but I guess you would be able to tell that then...
Generally, eggs aren't a standard ingredient of the french dough, but
they're used to smear the top in 90% cases. I don't know about 7-11, but
e.g. Fornetti Franchise does exactly that.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Beach Runner

bojster wrote:

Velcro_SP wrote:

Is egg an ingredient in a croissant? Is egg an ingredient in certain
croissants?

I sometimes will stop by a 7-11 in the morning and grab a croissant,
so I am curious if 7-11 croissants have egg in them. I tried the 7-11
website but could not find the ingredients there.

It seems like one might be able to taste the egg if it was in there
but I must admit I can't really tell. They are a bit doughy and yeasty
but I just am not sure about egg.

It's highly probable that egg white is used on top, to make them "look
better", but I guess you would be able to tell that then...
Generally, eggs aren't a standard ingredient of the french dough, but
they're used to smear the top in 90% cases. I don't know about 7-11, but
e.g. Fornetti Franchise does exactly that.

Most 7/11 Croissants are white flower, highly processed. It's not a
long term solution. Better to grab some whole grains, fruit, or some
real food. Something to consider. Veganism alone will not lead to health.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:41 AM
supahC

I don't know if they have egg in them, but croissants are not vegan.
They definately have butter in them. Eat a Luna bar or nuts or
something else instead!