FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Are grains unnecessary? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/71585-grains-unnecessary.html)

[email protected] 06-10-2005 05:33 AM

Are grains unnecessary?

I've recently started learning about this whole health food thing
(since regular American food is horrible for my health and I can't take
it anymore). As far as I know, veggies have a lot of nutrients, so do
you even need to eat any grains? I was thinking of buying King Arthur
whole wheat flour and making my own bread, but I'm not going to do it
if it's not really worth it for the amount of nutrition it gives.

Beach Runner 06-10-2005 06:58 PM

wrote:
> I've recently started learning about this whole health food thing
> (since regular American food is horrible for my health and I can't take
> it anymore). As far as I know, veggies have a lot of nutrients, so do
> you even need to eat any grains? I was thinking of buying King Arthur
> whole wheat flour and making my own bread, but I'm not going to do it
> if it's not really worth it for the amount of nutrition it gives.

lots of people live without grains. Especially raw food, people and the
vast quantity of people that eat junk, which as all the nutrition taken
from the grains

[email protected] 06-10-2005 09:26 PM

wrote:
> I've recently started learning about this whole health food thing
> (since regular American food is horrible for my health and I can't take
> it anymore). As far as I know, veggies have a lot of nutrients, so do
> you even need to eat any grains? I was thinking of buying King Arthur
> whole wheat flour and making my own bread, but I'm not going to do it
> if it's not really worth it for the amount of nutrition it gives.

Get the nutritional breakdown of wheat from your local ag rep or from a
gov site.

You will see that wheat is the almost perfect staple to build your diet
around.

Jerry Story 07-10-2005 08:19 AM

> > I've recently started learning about this whole health food thing
> > (since regular American food is horrible for my health and I can't take
> > it anymore). As far as I know, veggies have a lot of nutrients, so do
> > you even need to eat any grains? I was thinking of buying King Arthur
> > whole wheat flour and making my own bread, but I'm not going to do it
> > if it's not really worth it for the amount of nutrition it gives.

> Get the nutritional breakdown of wheat from your local ag rep or from a
> gov site.

Or any of several nutrition programs.
http://nutritionsoftware.org/

> You will see that wheat is the almost perfect staple to build your diet
> around.

Maybe that's why I quit wheat.

Beach Runner 07-10-2005 03:20 PM

Jerry Story wrote:

>>>I've recently started learning about this whole health food thing
>>>(since regular American food is horrible for my health and I can't take
>>>it anymore). As far as I know, veggies have a lot of nutrients, so do
>>>you even need to eat any grains? I was thinking of buying King Arthur
>>>whole wheat flour and making my own bread, but I'm not going to do it
>>>if it's not really worth it for the amount of nutrition it gives.

>>Get the nutritional breakdown of wheat from your local ag rep or from a
>>gov site.

> Or any of several nutrition programs.

http://nutritionsoftware.org/

>>You will see that wheat is the almost perfect staple to build your diet
>>around.

> Maybe that's why I quit wheat.

Many people avoid grains. People with candida. People on live food
diets. Grain intolerance. Grain is a recent introduction to the human
food supply, only several thousand years old. A moment in history.

Scented Nectar 07-10-2005 09:24 PM

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
om...

> wrote:
> > I've recently started learning about this whole health food thing
> > (since regular American food is horrible for my health and I can't take
> > it anymore). As far as I know, veggies have a lot of nutrients, so do
> > you even need to eat any grains? I was thinking of buying King Arthur
> > whole wheat flour and making my own bread, but I'm not going to do it
> > if it's not really worth it for the amount of nutrition it gives.
> >

> lots of people live without grains. Especially raw food, people and the
> vast quantity of people that eat junk, which as all the nutrition taken
> from the grains

Raw fooders eat a lot of grains too.
They just eat them in their sprouted
forms. Wheat sprouts after just a
couple of days are great by themselves,
and older sprouts often have the green
part juiced. It's usually called wheat-
grass juice. When sprouted, they
develop nutrients that weren't there
in their unsprouted state like vit. C.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Beach Runner 08-10-2005 02:18 PM

wheat Free-Gluten-Free Cooking with Chef Scott Reed - 10/11

Tuesday, October 11th
6:30 p.m.

October is Celiac Sprue Awareness Month so our class this evening
will be "Wheat Free-Gluten-Free Cooking".
Space is limited, so register today at our customer service counter
or call 954-753-8000.

Whole Foods Market
810 University Drive
Coral Springs, FL