Old 05-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Beach Runner

Taemon wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

Taemon wrote:

I've been a vegetarian for 15+ years and a vegan for half a year -
then I tumbled back to omnivorism. I want some inspiration to get
back on the right path. So I subscribed to this newsgroup, which I
attended at the time, but it isn't what it used to be. I see that
there are a lot of vegan groups on Yahoo, but the one I peeked in
(Vegan_Chat) looked terrible, all top-posting and HTML. Does anyone
here know about those mailinglists? Which are good? Which are into
netiquette? Thanks in advance!

Try vegan friends, and vegan weightlifting, which posts a lot of
scientific data.

But I don't want scientific data :-) I want tips, and recipes and
ideas. I want to talk food!

T.

I posted two suggestions, on general, one filled with data for balance.
If you want recopies go for other recommendations. Watch out for
unmoderated attacks, and watch out for moderators where power corrupts.

As Steve said, see the real world. There's lots of vegetarian cookbooks
and newsgroups. And others who advocate raw food. I'd like a balance of
science, ideas, and suggestions. I have no interest in personal attacks.
In other areas they entered into my personal life. I've also seen much
cruelty on others.

One reason I posted vegan weight lifting is it's free of voodoo and
emphasizes that health is not just about food.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Momzilla

Taemon wrote:
Momzilla wrote:

Taemon wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

Taemon wrote:

I've been a vegetarian for 15+ years and a vegan for half a
year -
then I tumbled back to omnivorism. I want some inspiration to get
back on the right path. So I subscribed to this newsgroup, which
attended at the time, but it isn't what it used to be. I see that
there are a lot of vegan groups on Yahoo, but the one I peeked in
(Vegan_Chat) looked terrible, all top-posting and HTML. Does
anyone
here know about those mailinglists? Which are good? Which are
into
netiquette? Thanks in advance!

Try vegan friends, and vegan weightlifting, which posts a lot of
scientific data.

But I don't want scientific data :-) I want tips, and recipes and
ideas. I want to talk food!

Then talk food!

Do you think this newsgroup can be saved? It was a good place before,
so I take it it can become a good place again... no trouble at all to
killfile the trolls. Still.

I made a meatless meat loaf last night. It was okay, based on TVP
and
breadcrumbs. Next time I'll use oatmeal in place of the
breadcrumbs.

What is TVP?

I'm always wondering what to put on my bread. I don't have a sweet
tooth. I tried humus and stuff, but got bored very quickly. Ideas?

T.

TVP: Texturized Vegetable Protien.

Have you ever tried a mix of Tahini and Miso as a spread?

Yes, I think this group can be saved. We just have to keep posting food
ideas and discussions. I'll try to put in more time. I've been very lax
for sometime.

-nancy

Old 06-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Taemon

Beach Runner wrote:

Taemon wrote:
But I don't want scientific data :-) I want tips, and recipes and
ideas. I want to talk food!

I posted two suggestions, on general, one filled with data for
balance. If you want recopies go for other recommendations.

I've read it, and I thank you all. I decided to stay here for a while.

I'm not ready to become vegan again, and maybe never will. But I
definitely want to eat more vegan than I do now. So I want ideas,
inspiration, and just basic chatting. Is why I decided against a
mailinglist; newsgroups are more - casual. That's not quite the word -
I mean I can easily ignore threads, browse as wanted. Sorry, not a
native speaker!

I've killfiled two people, bringing down the number of messages with a
half already :-)

Okay. Yesterday I found carrot in my vegetable subscription. I'm not
very fond of carrot; I find them too sweet. Any ideas?

T.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Taemon

Momzilla wrote:

Taemon wrote:
Do you think this newsgroup can be saved? It was a good place
before,
so I take it it can become a good place again... no trouble at all
killfile the trolls. Still.
I made a meatless meat loaf last night. It was okay, based on TVP
and breadcrumbs. Next time I'll use oatmeal in place of the
breadcrumbs.

What is TVP?
I'm always wondering what to put on my bread. I don't have a sweet
tooth. I tried humus and stuff, but got bored very quickly. Ideas?

TVP: Texturized Vegetable Protien.

Sort of vegetable minced meat?

Have you ever tried a mix of Tahini and Miso as a spread?

I've never tried miso! I've seen, it though. But I thought it was
supposed to be boiled, you know, for broth. How does it work?

Yes, I think this group can be saved. We just have to keep posting
food ideas and discussions. I'll try to put in more time. I've been
very lax for sometime.

Don't hurry on my account. But let's try not to feed the trolls, pun
not intended.

T.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Momzilla

Taemon wrote:
Momzilla wrote:

Taemon wrote:

TVP: Texturized Vegetable Protien.

Sort of vegetable minced meat?

yes, kinda. It is dry and needs to be reconstituted in a broth.

Have you ever tried a mix of Tahini and Miso as a spread?

I've never tried miso! I've seen, it though. But I thought it was
supposed to be boiled, you know, for broth. How does it work?

http://www.southrivermiso.com/index_river.html
This is my favorite brand of Miso. The site has recipes.

You can mix Tahini and miso together for a "cheesy" spread.

Yes, I think this group can be saved. We just have to keep posting
food ideas and discussions. I'll try to put in more time. I've been
very lax for sometime.

Don't hurry on my account. But let's try not to feed the trolls, pun
not intended.

T.

The trolls will eat whatever they like. I just don't take their bait in
return.

-nancy-

Old 09-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Taemon

Momzilla wrote:

Taemon wrote:
Momzilla wrote:
TVP: Texturized Vegetable Protien.

Sort of vegetable minced meat?

yes, kinda. It is dry and needs to be reconstituted in a broth.

Okay. We have good stuff here, in the Netherlands. I sometimes use
meat in cooking (especially bacon) but I never feel the need to use
minced meat. We have good alternatives.

Have you ever tried a mix of Tahini and Miso as a spread?

I've never tried miso! I've seen, it though. But I thought it was
supposed to be boiled, you know, for broth. How does it work?

http://www.southrivermiso.com/index_river.html
This is my favorite brand of Miso. The site has recipes.

Thanks!

Don't hurry on my account. But let's try not to feed the trolls,
pun
not intended.

The trolls will eat whatever they like. I just don't take their bait
in return.

I have no problem with it, either. If only everyone had that wisdom...

T.