FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   red peppers? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/71019-red-peppers.html)

[email protected] 28-09-2005 05:31 PM

red peppers?

I read in a couple of places that red pepper or sweet red pepper is
high in antioxidants and nutrients. I want to know if that's the large
red BELL pepper in the produce section? They had it for $1.98 / pound.
Is that a reasonable price? Does it vary according to season? Does it
taste OK raw?

Scented Nectar 28-09-2005 05:39 PM

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I read in a couple of places that red pepper or sweet red pepper is
> high in antioxidants and nutrients. I want to know if that's the large
> red BELL pepper in the produce section? They had it for $1.98 / pound.
> Is that a reasonable price? Does it vary according to season? Does it
> taste OK raw?

The sweet red is the same thing as
the red bell pepper. They taste great
raw, sweet and flavourful. You can