FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Dehydrated Potatoes as a Snack (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/70166-dehydrated-potatoes-snack.html)

[email protected] 18-09-2005 08:57 PM

Dehydrated Potatoes as a Snack

I am a vegan and as a snack I occasionally find it very conventient to
grab a box of dehydrated potatoes and a cup of hot water and mix myself
a cup of mashed potatoes. I add some pantry spices to give the mixture
a kick.

While I find this snack very satisfying I sometimes wonder if by eating
these dehydrated potatoes, because of their low Glycemic Index, I might
be doing myself more harm than good.

Any ideas?

[email protected] 18-09-2005 08:59 PM

Sorry...I mean _high_ Glycemic Index.

rick 18-09-2005 10:35 PM

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> I am a vegan and as a snack I occasionally find it very
> conventient to
> grab a box of dehydrated potatoes and a cup of hot water and
> mix myself
> a cup of mashed potatoes. I add some pantry spices to give the
> mixture
> a kick.
>
> While I find this snack very satisfying I sometimes wonder if
> by eating
> these dehydrated potatoes, because of their low Glycemic Index,
> I might
> be doing myself more harm than good.

You're for sure doing more harm to animals than necessary. But
then, you've already proven that unnecessary death and suffering
of animals is of NO concern to you.

Joe 21-09-2005 07:04 AM

Red potatoes have a lower G.I.

You might find sweet potatoes an alternative too.

On 18 Sep 2005 12:59:36 -0700, "