Old 12-11-2005, 10:29 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

Default Dutch says " don't become a vegan" (was: vegetarians aren't hypocrites)

[email protected] wrote
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:09:24 -0500, "larrylook" wrote:

I'm not worried about losing "moral bonus points", I'm telling you that
none
exist. Your position, The Logic of the Larder, says that humans can
argue
that raising animals for food is a "good thing" (a moral bonus) because
all these animals "get to experience life". That idea must be discarded
as
corrupt.

This "get to experience life" thing is absurd and it's hard to believe
anyone believes in it!

Billions of animals live because of people who eat meat. The task of
my opponents has never been accomplished,

It's been accomplished a thousand times.

and it is: to explain why
we should disregard the animals' lives, when considering human influence
on animals.

We don't "disregard their lives", we just do not assign phantom moral
significance to them as you do.

Old 15-11-2005, 03:11 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:29:26 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:

[email protected] wrote
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:09:24 -0500, "larrylook" wrote:

I'm not worried about losing "moral bonus points", I'm telling you that
none
exist. Your position, The Logic of the Larder, says that humans can
argue
that raising animals for food is a "good thing" (a moral bonus) because
all these animals "get to experience life". That idea must be discarded
as
corrupt.

This "get to experience life" thing is absurd and it's hard to believe
anyone believes in it!

Billions of animals live because of people who eat meat. The task of
my opponents has never been accomplished,

It's been accomplished a thousand times.

Not once. Just as you did not do it in your last post, and will not do it
in any future post, you have never done it at all. That's why you can't
provide a single example of it ever being done.

and it is: to explain why
we should disregard the animals' lives, when considering human influence
on animals.

We don't "disregard their lives",

Then explain what sort of regard you give them. But you can't, because
you give them none at all.
Old 15-11-2005, 06:44 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

[email protected] lied:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:29:26 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:

[email protected] lied
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:09:24 -0500, "larrylook" wrote:

I'm not worried about losing "moral bonus points", I'm telling you that
none
exist. Your position, The Logic of the Larder, says that humans can
argue
that raising animals for food is a "good thing" (a moral bonus) because
all these animals "get to experience life". That idea must be discarded
as
corrupt.

This "get to experience life" thing is absurd and it's hard to believe
anyone believes in it!

Billions of animals live because of people who eat meat. The task of
my opponents has never been accomplished,

It's been accomplished a thousand times.

Not once.

Many times. There is no moral importance in the tiny fact that the
animals "only" live because we eat them - absolutely no moral
importance to it at all.

and it is: to explain why
we should disregard the animals' lives, when considering human influence
on animals.

We don't "disregard their lives",

Then explain what sort of regard you give them.

Regard for the quality of their lives, IF they exist.