Momzilla

Default tahini sauce recipe

equal parts tahini (sesame seed paste/butter), water and lemon juice.
So easy, good on steamed vegetables, salad dressing, on pasta,
falafel... whatever.

Tahini with water, soy sauce, and a little hot sauce is great on pasta.
You can do the same with a natural (no sugar) peanut butter.

Tahini is weird stuff. add a little water and it stiffens like plaster.
Keep adding water and it'll thin out. Let the sauce rest a few
minutes and it'll get smooth and creamy.

enjoy -nancy-
C. James Strutz

"Momzilla" > wrote in message
> equal parts tahini (sesame seed paste/butter), water and lemon juice. So
> easy, good on steamed vegetables, salad dressing, on pasta, falafel...
> whatever.
>
> Tahini with water, soy sauce, and a little hot sauce is great on pasta.
> You can do the same with a natural (no sugar) peanut butter.
>
> Tahini is weird stuff. add a little water and it stiffens like plaster.
> Keep adding water and it'll thin out. Let the sauce rest a few minutes
> and it'll get smooth and creamy.

Thanks for the recipe and the tip. It's been awhile since we've had such a
thing on this newsgroup...

usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
> It's been awhile since we've had such a
> thing on this newsgroup...

No thanks to aggressive Asperger-wannabes like you. Has W stopped taking
your calls?
usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
>>equal parts tahini (sesame seed paste/butter), water and lemon juice. So
>>easy, good on steamed vegetables, salad dressing, on pasta, falafel...
>>whatever.
>>
>>Tahini with water, soy sauce, and a little hot sauce is great on pasta.
>>You can do the same with a natural (no sugar) peanut butter.
>>
>>Tahini is weird stuff. add a little water and it stiffens like plaster.
>>Keep adding water and it'll thin out. Let the sauce rest a few minutes
>>and it'll get smooth and creamy.

> Thanks for the recipe and the tip. It's been awhile since we've had such a
> thing on this newsgroup...

BTW, you were quiet when buzzgun wanted suggestions for his fourteen
pounds of mixed beans.
Momzilla

C. James Strutz wrote:
> "Momzilla" > wrote in message
>
>>equal parts tahini (sesame seed paste/butter), water and lemon juice. So
>>easy, good on steamed vegetables, salad dressing, on pasta, falafel...
>>whatever.
>>
>>Tahini with water, soy sauce, and a little hot sauce is great on pasta.
>>You can do the same with a natural (no sugar) peanut butter.
>>
>>Tahini is weird stuff. add a little water and it stiffens like plaster.
>>Keep adding water and it'll thin out. Let the sauce rest a few minutes
>>and it'll get smooth and creamy.

> Thanks for the recipe and the tip. It's been awhile since we've had such a
> thing on this newsgroup...

Thank you. I've posted this recipe before but it bears repeating.
I've been hooked on salads of romaine and black olives with the tahini
sauce all summer.

I finally tried the mayo recipe on the back of the "Ener-G" egg replacer
box.... eh, okay. I'll stick to buying
"Veganaise".http://www.followyourheart.com/vegenaise.html

-nancy-

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..
> C. James Strutz wrote:
>> It's been awhile since we've had such a thing on this newsgroup...

> No thanks to aggressive Asperger-wannabes like you. Has W stopped taking
> your calls?

What are you talking about?? Are you on drugs or something?

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> C. James Strutz wrote:
>>>equal parts tahini (sesame seed paste/butter), water and lemon juice. So
>>>easy, good on steamed vegetables, salad dressing, on pasta, falafel...
>>>whatever.
>>>
>>>Tahini with water, soy sauce, and a little hot sauce is great on pasta.
>>>You can do the same with a natural (no sugar) peanut butter.
>>>
>>>Tahini is weird stuff. add a little water and it stiffens like plaster.
>>>Keep adding water and it'll thin out. Let the sauce rest a few minutes
>>>and it'll get smooth and creamy.

>> Thanks for the recipe and the tip. It's been awhile since we've had such
>> a thing on this newsgroup...

> BTW, you were quiet when buzzgun wanted suggestions for his fourteen
> pounds of mixed beans.

I've posted recipes with beans before. And there're lots of bean recipes on
the web. Beans are one of my favorite ingredients because they are high in
protein and fiber and because they're so versatile. You can use them with
rice, pasta, tortillas, vegetables, or featured by themselves. I would
choose beans as the best bang for the buck if I were on a strict budget.

REC: Tahini Sauce, Hummus, Baba Ganoush....can't believe I neverposted this. kalanamak General Cooking 13 09-05-2008 11:49 PM
Tahini Kip Warner Vegan 6 02-07-2007 07:10 PM
Chickpeas in Eggplant-Tahini Sauce Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 11-10-2006 11:32 PM
Speaking of tahini Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 17 08-08-2006 06:26 AM
Chicken Salad with Tahini Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 12-07-2006 03:27 AM