Default posting 20050826

"I mean, I'm flattered that you picked me to help you to do...." I waved my
hands around, "whatever it is that we're going to be doing here. But I don't
know why you picked me."
I straightened up slightly. "I didn't mean to offend you, Carl."
"I'm sorry, Amanda," I said. "I shouldn't have unleashed Tea on you unawares
. I should have let you know she's a high riding bitch. It's my fault."
I knelt down until I was at her level and took her hand. "If you were in sho
ck, you wouldn't know you were in shock, Miranda," I said. "I think you're g
oing to be just fine. Listen, I know how sudden this feels. When Carl introd
uced me to Joshua, it was the same thing -- just threw me right into the dee
p end. He trusted me to be able to swim. I trust you to be able to swim, Mir
anda. And I'm going to need you to help me from here on out. I've had to dea
l with this thing by myself -- Carl gave it to me because he couldn't be see
n handling it, and I couldn't get help from anyone else. Now you know. I nee
d you to help me. I need you, Miranda. Okay?"