Beach Runner

Default B12

AS I quoted, B12 hygine is a factor. Did you miss the post?
Or did you ignore it because it disproved your argrument.

And if people chose to take vegan supplements, that makes them no less
vegan.

I am not saying we should go back to bad bygene. Yet 30 years of
veganism my B12 is fine. B12 is made by bacteria. Yes, it is absorbed
into animals and it is harder to get it ona vegan diet.

"Bacteria present in the large intestine are able to synthesise B12. In
the past, it has been thought that the B12 produced by these colonic
bacteria could be absorbed and utilised by humans. However, the bacteria
produce B12 too far down the intestine for absorption to occur, B12 not
being absorbed through the colon lining.

Human faeces can contain significant B12. A study has shown that a group
of Iranian vegans obtained adequate B12 from unwashed vegetables which
had been fertilised with human manure. Faecal contamination of
vegetables and other plant foods can make a significant contribution to
dietary needs, particularly in areas where hygiene standards may be low.
This may be responsible for the lack of aneamia due to B12 deficiency in
vegan communities in developing countries"

I notice you ignore that. The ultimate source of B12 is bacteria.
Beach Runner

I'm sorry for the same quote 2x, but US ignored it.
BTW, I prefer better hygiene, and will chose to supplement my B12.

Beach Runner wrote:

> AS I quoted, B12 hygine is a factor. Did you miss the post?
> Or did you ignore it because it disproved your argrument.
>
> And if people chose to take vegan supplements, that makes them no less
> vegan.
>
> I am not saying we should go back to bad bygene. Yet 30 years of
> veganism my B12 is fine. B12 is made by bacteria. Yes, it is absorbed
> into animals and it is harder to get it ona vegan diet.
>
> "Bacteria present in the large intestine are able to synthesise B12. In
> the past, it has been thought that the B12 produced by these colonic
> bacteria could be absorbed and utilised by humans. However, the bacteria
> produce B12 too far down the intestine for absorption to occur, B12 not
> being absorbed through the colon lining.
>
> Human faeces can contain significant B12. A study has shown that a group
> of Iranian vegans obtained adequate B12 from unwashed vegetables which
> had been fertilised with human manure. Faecal contamination of
> vegetables and other plant foods can make a significant contribution to
> dietary needs, particularly in areas where hygiene standards may be low.
> This may be responsible for the lack of aneamia due to B12 deficiency in
> vegan communities in developing countries"
>
> I notice you ignore that. The ultimate source of B12 is bacteria.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> The ultimate source of B12 is bacteria.

Which is what *I* said after you lied and said it was made by yeast. You
twit.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> The ultimate source of B12 is bacteria.

> Which is what *I* said after you lied and said it was made by yeast. You
> twit.

You kept insisting that

">
> No, Bob, it's synthesized from cobalt by bacteria:
> http://www.vegsoc.org/info/b12.html"

and kept insisting the way to avoid it is by eating meat.

No where did you suggest that a vegan eating modern food might want to
add a b12 supplement.

How many meat eaters take statins?

Beach Runner

Why did you use my name?

Beach Runner wrote:

> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>> The ultimate source of B12 is bacteria.

>> Which is what *I* said after you lied and said it was made by yeast.
>> You twit.

> You kept insisting that
>
> ">
> > No, Bob, it's synthesized from cobalt by bacteria:
> > http://www.vegsoc.org/info/b12.html"

> and kept insisting the way to avoid it is by eating meat.
>
> No where did you suggest that a vegan eating modern food might want to
> add a b12 supplement.
>
> How many meat eaters take statins?

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> How many meat eaters take statins?

Do you think vegetarians never need or actually have to take statins?
usual suspect

Bob Liar wrote:
> Why did you use my name?

Because I can.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> How many meat eaters take statins?

> Do you think vegetarians never need or actually have to take statins?

Yes, many vegetarians, even one's that exercise still can't get their
numbers low enough. But diet and exercise control mine quite nicely.

But eating a low fat, diet, or should I say better fat diet is reduces
he needs. For example, an avocado is high in fat, but it has great ratios.

I reduced my ratio in my workout days by adding MORE raw cashews and
avocados. Yes, more fat improved my ratios.

I agree it could be argued that smaller fish also have good oils, with
less mercury than large fish.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>>> How many meat eaters take statins?

>> Do you think vegetarians never need or actually have to take statins?

> Yes, many vegetarians, even one's that exercise still can't get their
> numbers low enough.

I rest my case.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

>>> Do you think vegetarians never need or actually have to take statins?

>> Yes, many vegetarians, even one's that exercise still can't get their
>> numbers low enough.

But first doctors will say, try exercise and diet.

> I rest my case.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

>>> Yes, many vegetarians, even one's that exercise still can't get their
>>> numbers low enough.

>> I rest my case.

> But first doctors will say, try exercise and diet.

Not always. Sometimes doctors believe their patients need statins to get
their cholesterol under control in the short term and then adjust
dosages accordingly if other lifestyle modifications affect serum
cholesterol levels.