Beach Runner

Default From the Osteoperosis Group

nn Nutr Metab. 2005 Aug 4;49(5):312-318 [Epub ahead of print]Related
Articles, Links

Department of Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition
Potsdam-Rehbrucke, Nuthetal, Germany.

"Results: After multivariate adjustment, high intake of animal protein
was associated with decreased BUA values (beta = -0.03; p = 0.010)
whereas high vegetable protein intake was related to an increased BUA
(beta = 0.11; p = 0.007). The effect of dietary animal protein on BUA
was modified by calcium intake.

Conclusion: High consumption of protein from animal origin may be
unfavourable, whereas a higher vegetable protein intake may be
beneficial for bone health. Our results strengthen the hypothesis that
high calcium intake combined with adequate protein intake based on a
high ratio of vegetable to animal protein may be protective against
osteoporosis."

PMID: 16088096

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=16088096
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> "Results: After multivariate adjustment, high intake of animal protein

HIGH intake. Not moderate intake, not low intake. HIGH intake.

> Conclusion: High consumption of protein from animal origin may be
> unfavourable,

HIGH consumption. Not moderate or low consumption. HIGH consumption.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> "Results: After multivariate adjustment, high intake of animal protein

> HIGH intake. Not moderate intake, not low intake. HIGH intake.
>
>> Conclusion: High consumption of protein from animal origin may be
>> unfavourable,

> HIGH consumption. Not moderate or low consumption. HIGH consumption.

The study also points out that plant protein is good for osteoporosis.
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>>> "Results: After multivariate adjustment, high intake of animal protein

>> HIGH intake. Not moderate intake, not low intake. HIGH intake.
>>
>>> Conclusion: High consumption of protein from animal origin may be
>>> unfavourable,

>> HIGH consumption. Not moderate or low consumption. HIGH consumption.

> The study

You've never read the study, just the abstract.

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group Bakerman Baking 4 25-06-2008 03:50 AM
I Am New To This Group [email protected] General Cooking 35 02-12-2006 08:04 PM
TO THE GROUP......... Shiver General Cooking 4 23-09-2006 04:43 PM
New to the group Lew Bryson Beer 2 28-06-2005 06:55 PM
new to the group [email protected] Sourdough 0 21-06-2005 09:10 PM