Laurie

Default Science marches on...

What will the AR and "ethical vegan" whiners do when this is perfected?
Have to learn logic and science?
http://www.medindia.net/news/view_news_main.asp?x=4579

Laurie

Beach Runner

Laurie wrote:

> What will the AR and "ethical vegan" whiners do when this is perfected?
> Have to learn logic and science?
> http://www.medindia.net/news/view_news_main.asp?x=4579
>
> Laurie

It's an emotional reaction, but it disgusts me.

Does someone having moral beliefs make them a whiner?

Maybe it will put the meat manufacturing industry out of business and
reduce the suffering of
meat factories. I hope so.

Will they account for a digestive system that is many times the length
of the trunk and is not designed to eat meat?

What are the long term effects?

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>> What will the AR and "ethical vegan" whiners do when this is
>> perfected? Have to learn logic and science?
>> http://www.medindia.net/news/view_news_main.asp?x=4579

> It's an emotional reaction, but it disgusts me.

Why?

> Does someone having moral beliefs make them a whiner?

You don't have any moral beliefs.

> Maybe it will put the meat manufacturing industry out of business

WTF do you think is the ultimate goal of those trying to make meat in
labs, dipshit? To *manufacture meat*.

> and reduce the suffering of meat factories.

There are no "meat factories." They're called farms. These scientists
will change that: reduced farms for real meat, factories for this
product which you shouldn't find objectionable on AR grounds since it
doesn't "harm" a "sentient being."
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>>> What will the AR and "ethical vegan" whiners do when this is
>>> perfected? Have to learn logic and science?
>>> http://www.medindia.net/news/view_news_main.asp?x=4579

>> It's an emotional reaction, but it disgusts me.

> Why?
>
>> Does someone having moral beliefs make them a whiner?

> You don't have any moral beliefs.

You're wrong

>> Maybe it will put the meat manufacturing industry out of business

> WTF do you think is the ultimate goal of those trying to make meat in
> labs, dipshit? To *manufacture meat*.
>
>> and reduce the suffering of meat factories.

I agree "that" would be good. I also would not chose to eat such things.
I don't want to be a guinea pig (like gene manipulation) like the many
new chemicals which have proven to be toxic. What about Pig Gestation
boxes, where pigs are kept in boxes. Pigs are smarter than dogs so it's
easy to see they suffer.

> There are no "meat factories." They're called farms. These scientists
> will change that: reduced farms for real meat, factories for this
> product which you shouldn't find objectionable on AR grounds since it
> doesn't "harm" a "sentient being."

Tell that to chickens kept in cages and never see the light of day.
That's hardly a farm. Turkeys have have their beaks cut off so they
can't choose their foods. That's not what people think of when they see
Farmer Jones's farms.

usual suspect

Beach Rambler wrote:

>>> It's an emotional reaction, but it disgusts me.

>> Why?

WHY DOES IT DISGUST YOU?

>>> Does someone having moral beliefs make them a whiner?

>> You don't have any moral beliefs.

> You're wrong

Ipse dixit. Your veganism/animal rights beliefs aren't moral. Veganism
is a pseudoethical system which pretends to be a "solution" which
reduces or eliminates a specific "problem." The fact, though, is that
veganism in nearly every instance exacerbates the problem it seeks to
solve. Veganism is predicated on the logical fallacy of denying the
antecedent: "if I don't eat meat (or consume dairy or wear fur, etc.),
animals don't suffer." Animals DO suffer and die to produce non-meat
foods through standard agricultural practices including the use of
machinery, irrigation, pesticides, etc. In short, veganism objects to
the death of just one animal which others eat while turning a blind eye
to the thousands of dead animals which die to produce a vegan's diet.

>>> Maybe it will put the meat manufacturing industry out of business

>> WTF do you think is the ultimate goal of those trying to make meat in
>> labs, dipshit? To *manufacture meat*.
>>
>>> and reduce the suffering of meat factories.

> I agree "that" would be good.

Why are you agreeing with what you wrote, dumb ass?

> I also would not chose to eat such things.

Choose. Why not? You already eat foods which are very much similar to
those either for yourself or for your shack-up girlfriend's granddaughter.

> I don't want to be a guinea pig

You may as well be, Bob. After all, you claim to have been a vegan for
over 30 years and that you're over 50 years-old. That means you've been
orthorexic nearly your entire adult life for some very dubious reasons.
What are the results of your three decades of orthorexia? You have a
WOMAN'S DISEASE -- osteoporosis -- and you have to take B12 shots. You
are NOT the poster child for veganism's benefits and you really
shouldn't hold yourself up as one.

> What about Pig Gestation
> boxes, where pigs are kept in boxes.

They're NOT boxes, they're stalls. Stop being a sycophant for
anti-farming activists. You're probably operating off disinformation
from the 2002 initiative to ban them in Florida.

The activists also suggested that passage of the amendment would
protect citizens from the influx of corporate hog farming. The
state of Florida lacks the infrastructure to support large hog
operations, he points out.

The new amendment will have little or no impact on hog farming,
declares Hall. The only two producers in the state using
gestation stalls are planning to phase out their operations, he
adds. The amendment goes into effect in 2008....

Kathy Chinn, chairman of the National Pork Board’s Animal
Welfare Committee, says it is too bad so many of Florida’s
voters lacked the benefit of scientific information or
understanding of animal care practices.

"They don’t understand that our livelihood depends on the
welfare of our animals, and individually housing sows greatly
enhances their welfare," she states. "Sows are protected from
the aggressive nature of their neighbors."
http://nationalhogfarmer.com/news/fa...aws_gestation/

> Pigs are smarter than dogs

They're certainly smarter than you.

>> There are no "meat factories." They're called farms. These scientists
>> will change that: reduced farms for real meat, factories for this
>> product which you shouldn't find objectionable on AR grounds since it
>> doesn't "harm" a "sentient being."

> Tell that to chickens

Chickens don't understand any human language, you moron.

Scented Nectar

"useless cesspool" > wrote in message
. ..

\> You may as well be, Bob. After all, you claim to have been a vegan for
> over 30 years and that you're over 50 years-old. That means you've been
> orthorexic nearly your entire adult life for some very dubious reasons.
> What are the results of your three decades of orthorexia? You have a
> WOMAN'S DISEASE -- osteoporosis -- and you have to take B12 shots. You
> are NOT the poster child for veganism's benefits and you really
> shouldn't hold yourself up as one.

You are the only one here who fits
the description of orthorexia. I have
a friend who is an average meat
eater. He has been all his life. He
is now in his 60s and he has
osteoporosis. How did he get it
according to you?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Dependency-Scented Liar wrote:
>>You may as well be, Bob. After all, you claim to have been a vegan for
>>over 30 years and that you're over 50 years-old. That means you've been
>>orthorexic nearly your entire adult life for some very dubious reasons.
>>What are the results of your three decades of orthorexia? You have a
>>WOMAN'S DISEASE -- osteoporosis -- and you have to take B12 shots. You
>>are NOT the poster child for veganism's benefits and you really
>>shouldn't hold yourself up as one.

> You are the only one here

Bob has a woman's disease and takes B12 shots after thirty years of
veganism. Don't tell me veganism is inherently healthy. Bob is proof to
the contrary. Dittos for the morbidly obese self-crippled
ex-greasemonkey in Eastbourne, who's a candidate for adult-onset
diabetes if he doesn't already have it (it would certainly explain his
"bluefoot").
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dependency-Scented Liar wrote:
> >>You may as well be, Bob. After all, you claim to have been a vegan for
> >>over 30 years and that you're over 50 years-old. That means you've been
> >>orthorexic nearly your entire adult life for some very dubious reasons.
> >>What are the results of your three decades of orthorexia? You have a
> >>WOMAN'S DISEASE -- osteoporosis -- and you have to take B12 shots. You
> >>are NOT the poster child for veganism's benefits and you really
> >>shouldn't hold yourself up as one.

> > You are the only one here

> Bob has a woman's disease and takes B12 shots after thirty years of
> veganism. Don't tell me veganism is inherently healthy. Bob is proof to
> the contrary. Dittos for the morbidly obese self-crippled
> ex-greasemonkey in Eastbourne, who's a candidate for adult-onset
> diabetes if he doesn't already have it (it would certainly explain his
> "bluefoot").

You're avoiding my question. How
do you explain my male friend who's
been a meat eater for over 60 years
and has this "women's disease"?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Beach Runner

After what you wrote, none of your ****ing business.

> WHY DOES IT DISGUST YOU?

It reminds me of

**** you.

>> You're wrong

> Ipse dixit.

You love that phrase. Do you jerk off to it?
Your veganism/animal rights beliefs aren't moral. Veganism
> is a pseudoethical system which pretends to be a "solution" which
> reduces or eliminates a specific "problem." The fact, though, is that
> veganism in nearly every instance exacerbates the problem it seeks to
> solve. Veganism is predicated on the logical fallacy of denying the
> antecedent: "if I don't eat meat (or consume dairy or wear fur, etc.),
> animals don't suffer." Animals DO suffer and die to produce non-meat
> foods through standard agricultural practices including the use of
> machinery, irrigation, pesticides, etc. In short, veganism objects to
> the death of just one animal which others eat while turning a blind eye
> to the thousands of dead animals which die to produce a vegan's diet.

YOu have no ****ing memory. Nothing is perfect. I have said I use
organic produce whenever possible.

>>> WTF do you think is the ultimate goal of those trying to make meat in
>>> labs, dipshit? To *manufacture meat*.

>> I agree "that" would be good.

> Why are you agreeing with what you wrote, dumb ass?

That aspect would be good, even if I chose not to eat it.
>> I also would not chose to eat such things.

> Choose. Why not? You already eat foods which are very much similar to
> those either for yourself or for your shack-up girlfriend's granddaughter.
>
>> I don't want to be a guinea pig

> You may as well be, Bob. After all, you claim to have been a vegan for
> over 30 years and that you're over 50 years-old. That means you've been
> orthorexic nearly your entire adult life for some very dubious reasons.
> What are the results of your three decades of orthorexia? You have a
> WOMAN'S DISEASE -- osteoporosis -- and you have to take B12 shots. You
> are NOT the poster child for veganism's benefits and you really
> shouldn't hold yourself up as one.

As you don't recall, perhaps you should be checked for Alzheimer's, my
brother who is a scientist and eats a "scientifically conceived" diet
has much worse osteoporosis than me. He eats a well rounded diet, as
you would call it, avoid saturated fats, and empty calories. But he
eats a variety of low fat meat and fish. I won't identify him, but he
is published in several fields.

In his early research days they managed to kill pigs on a diet mostly of
cream and butter. It sure got his attention.

I take B12 shots as a preventive measure. I specifically asked for
them, they were not proscribed. I am in the safe range, but would
prefer to be higher.

And I'm in a normal range.

You have a sickness
Bob

>> What about Pig Gestation boxes, where pigs are kept in boxes.

> They're NOT boxes, they're stalls. Stop being a sycophant for
> anti-farming activists. You're probably operating off disinformation
> from the 2002 initiative to ban them in Florida.
>
> The activists also suggested that passage of the amendment would
> protect citizens from the influx of corporate hog farming. The
> state of Florida lacks the infrastructure to support large hog
> operations, he points out.
>
> The new amendment will have little or no impact on hog farming,
> declares Hall. The only two producers in the state using
> gestation stalls are planning to phase out their operations, he
> adds. The amendment goes into effect in 2008....
>
> Kathy Chinn, chairman of the National Pork Board’s Animal
> Welfare Committee, says it is too bad so many of Florida’s
> voters lacked the benefit of scientific information or
> understanding of animal care practices.
>
> "They don’t understand that our livelihood depends on the
> welfare of our animals, and individually housing sows greatly
> enhances their welfare," she states. "Sows are protected from
> the aggressive nature of their neighbors."
> http://nationalhogfarmer.com/news/fa...aws_gestation/
>
>> Pigs are smarter than dogs

> They're certainly smarter than you.
>
>>> There are no "meat factories." They're called farms. These scientists
>>> will change that: reduced farms for real meat, factories for this
>>> product which you shouldn't find objectionable on AR grounds since it
>>> doesn't "harm" a "sentient being."

>> Tell that to chickens

> Chickens don't understand any human language, you moron.

usual suspect

Beach Rambler wrote:

> After what you wrote, none of your ****ing business.

Poor baby. Specifically, which part set you off?

>> WHY DOES IT DISGUST YOU?

> It reminds me of

Of what?

> **** you.

Hehe. At least I have nothing to fear from your anger since you've
already admitted you're not man enough to attempt what you say should be
done to me.

>>> You're wrong

>> Ipse dixit.

> You love that phrase.

No, I use it when appropriate.

>> Your veganism/animal rights beliefs aren't moral. Veganism
>> is a pseudoethical system which pretends to be a "solution" which
>> reduces or eliminates a specific "problem." The fact, though, is that
>> veganism in nearly every instance exacerbates the problem it seeks to
>> solve. Veganism is predicated on the logical fallacy of denying the
>> antecedent: "if I don't eat meat (or consume dairy or wear fur, etc.),
>> animals don't suffer." Animals DO suffer and die to produce non-meat
>> foods through standard agricultural practices including the use of
>> machinery, irrigation, pesticides, etc. In short, veganism objects to
>> the death of just one animal which others eat while turning a blind
>> eye to the thousands of dead animals which die to produce a vegan's diet.

> YOu have no ****ing memory. Nothing is perfect. I have said I use
> organic produce whenever possible.

Organic produce is no different than conventional in the instances
above. Organic doesn't reduce animal suffering or death.

>>> I agree "that" would be good.

>> Why are you agreeing with what you wrote, dumb ass?

> That aspect would be good, even if I chose not to eat it.

Why would it be good?

>>> I also would not chose to eat such things.

>> Choose. Why not? You already eat foods which are very much similar to
>> those either for yourself or for your shack-up girlfriend's
>> granddaughter.
>>
>>> I don't want to be a guinea pig

>> You may as well be, Bob. After all, you claim to have been a vegan for
>> over 30 years and that you're over 50 years-old. That means you've
>> been orthorexic nearly your entire adult life for some very dubious
>> reasons. What are the results of your three decades of orthorexia? You
>> have a WOMAN'S DISEASE -- osteoporosis -- and you have to take B12
>> shots. You are NOT the poster child for veganism's benefits and you
>> really shouldn't hold yourself up as one.

> As you don't recall, perhaps you should be checked for Alzheimer's, my
> brother who is a scientist

No, he's a lawyer.

> and eats a "scientifically conceived" diet
> has much worse osteoporosis than me.

"than I." He's older than you are, too.

> He eats a well rounded diet, as
> you would call it, avoid saturated fats, and empty calories. But he
> eats a variety of low fat meat and fish. I won't identify him, but he
> is published in several fields.

Why does it matter if he's published?

> In his early research days they managed to kill pigs on a diet mostly of
> cream and butter. It sure got his attention.
>
> I take B12 shots as a preventive measure. I specifically asked for
> them, they were not proscribed.

Prescribed. I don't believe a doctor would give you B12 injections
unless you needed them.

> I am in the safe range, but would
> prefer to be higher.
>
> And I'm in a normal range.

You're abnormal.

> You have a sickness

No, I feel quite fine. Why did you ignore the following?

>>> What about Pig Gestation boxes, where pigs are kept in boxes.

>> They're NOT boxes, they're stalls. Stop being a sycophant for
>> anti-farming activists. You're probably operating off disinformation
>> from the 2002 initiative to ban them in Florida.
>>
>> The activists also suggested that passage of the amendment would
>> protect citizens from the influx of corporate hog farming. The
>> state of Florida lacks the infrastructure to support large hog
>> operations, he points out.
>>
>> The new amendment will have little or no impact on hog farming,
>> declares Hall. The only two producers in the state using
>> gestation stalls are planning to phase out their operations, he
>> adds. The amendment goes into effect in 2008....
>>
>> Kathy Chinn, chairman of the National Pork Board’s Animal
>> Welfare Committee, says it is too bad so many of Florida’s
>> voters lacked the benefit of scientific information or
>> understanding of animal care practices.
>>
>> "They don’t understand that our livelihood depends on the
>> welfare of our animals, and individually housing sows greatly
>> enhances their welfare," she states. "Sows are protected from
>> the aggressive nature of their neighbors."
>> http://nationalhogfarmer.com/news/fa...aws_gestation/

Why did you lie about gestation stalls?

>>> Pigs are smarter than dogs

>> They're certainly smarter than you.

>>> Tell that to chickens

>> Chickens don't understand any human language, you moron.

When was the last time you tried to carry on a debate with a rooster? I
bet it strutted away the winner, bird brain. BTW, have you done the
water calculations for Mr Etter yet?

OT Need science help, cat! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 92 08-05-2014 10:42 PM
It's Science Day St. Jockofgrapes General Cooking 0 12-04-2007 02:18 PM
Ham Before Science Doug Kanter General Cooking 11 02-02-2006 03:02 PM
art's and science xenophobe Wine 0 09-03-2005 04:00 AM
Science Lasantha Tea 58 15-01-2005 12:05 AM