usual suspect

Default Usual dinner fare

Dutch wrote:
>>I was looking and waiting for that
>>direct answer but it never turned up.

> Yes it did, in a response to me, and you replied. You said that the person
> must not have much respect for him to expect him to do that. Typically, you
> completely misunderstood his position.

Not so much a misunderstanding as she has a muddled thought process due
to her drug abuse.

>>Do you have a link to that post?

> Yes, I do, it was less than two months ago. That's all the clues you're
> getting

That's the only clue she has, too. Otherwise, she's completely clueless.

>> All
>>I saw was vagueness on his part,
>>that and evasiveness.

> He was very, very clear that if he thought it would cause insult to a host
> to refuse that he would eat it.

Exactly.
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Skanky wrote:
> > No, he was vague

> I was quite clear about it, dummy. Maybe you should lay off the dope a
> while and see if it improves your comprehension.

You were quite clear about being
vague.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
> If he has this sort of problem with
> steak,

I don't see it as a problem, but I'm not surprised that you do.

> I'd love to see him invited to
> some sort of dinner with monkey
> brains and fish eyeballs.

Does boiled frog count? Had a few of those at a host's insistence. I had
no problem getting (or keeping) them down.

> It's all moot anyways, because I suspect
> that he avoids dinners with potential
> meat situations.

Your suspicion is wrong, as usual.

> All he's had according
> to him is some fish (once) and trace
> amounts of dairy that his (proven to
> be imaginary) girlfriend

About as imaginary as Belinda was when David ****ed her brains out in
Derek's bed, you fruitcake.
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
>>>No, he was vague

>>I was quite clear about it, dummy. Maybe you should lay off the dope a
>>while and see if it improves your comprehension.

> You were quite clear

I know.
Scented Nectar

> >>I was quite clear about it, dummy. Maybe you should lay off the dope a
> >>while and see if it improves your comprehension.

> > You were quite clear

> I know.

Stop altering quotes moron. Are
you sniffing up Rudey's ass or
something?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Skanky wrote:

>>>You were quite clear

>>I know.

> Stop

No.
Scented Nectar

> >>I know.

> > Stop

> No.

No, you're not going to stop snipping
quotes, or no, you're not going to
keep sniffing Rudey's ass? If you
want any real conversation, stop
sniffing, er I mean snipping.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
>>>When he broke his vegan diet

>>Diet is not vegan. Diet is food. Veganism is about animal rights.

> Veganism is defined as diet.

Wrong.

> Only the old fashioned original meaning

WTF are you prating about now, Skanky? The original meaning hasn't changed.

> meant that it had to go hand in hand
> with the concept of animal rights.

It still does.

> Some people (like you) take on a
> vegan diet for health and/or
> aesthetic reasons.

Diets aren't vegan. AR-types are. Veganism and AR go hand-in-hand. You
do not have veganism without AR.

> The older original meaning

It still prevails.

> http://www.websters-online-dictionar...finition/vegan

From that page:

Motivation
Vegans use as their primary motivation the concept of reducing
animal suffering. Rooted in utilitarian philosophy, as expressed
by authors such as Jeremy Bentham and Peter Singer, ethical
veganism is the belief that humans have a moral obligation to
avoid causing suffering to any other living creature. Animals
are seen to have the same inherent rights as humans to a life as
free from suffering as possible....

There is no such thing as a "dietary vegan." A "total
vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for health
reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of compassion
for animals. However, popular vegan author Joanne Stepaniak
writes that the term "dietary vegan" is inappropriate because
veganism is by definition about helping animals, and a term such
as "total vegetarian" should be used for people who avoid eating
animal products for health reasons but, for example, buy leather
shoes.

IOW, it's all about animal rights.

> You are confused,

No, dopey, you are. WTF do you think YOUR OWN SOURCE means when it says
"There is no such thing as a 'dietary vegan'"?

> On the one hand, you are (mostly) a dietary
> vegan,

Look more closely at your own source, you dope-smoking retard:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DIETARY VEGAN." A "total
vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for health
reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of compassion
for animals. However, popular vegan author Joanne Stepaniak
writes that THE TERM "DIETARY VEGAN" IS INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE
VEGANISM IS BY DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS, and a term such
as "total vegetarian" should be used for people who avoid eating
animal products for health reasons but, for example, buy leather
shoes.

> and on the other, you hate
> those who believe in animal rights.

I don't hate anyone, I object to the ridiculous assertion that animals
have, or should have, rights.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:

>>>Stop

>>No.

> No

Correct, I will continue excising your frivolous irrelevance from
replies. Say something meaningful -- for once -- and it all stays in.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

--

> >>No.

> > No

> Correct, I will continue excising your frivolous irrelevance from
> replies. Say something meaningful -- for once -- and it all stays in.

Wow, you'll do anything to avoid the
original conversation, eh?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

> >>Diet is not vegan. Diet is food. Veganism is about animal rights.

> > Veganism is defined as diet.

> Wrong.

As the MAIN DEFINITION, it's diet
only.

> > Only the old fashioned original meaning

> WTF are you prating about now, Skanky? The original meaning hasn't

changed.

You snipped what I was talking about.
The fact that the main definition in that
dictionary is a dietary only one. The
SPECIALTY DEFINITION is the one
where you are only vegan if you are
an animal rights activist as well as
the diet. Even though it may have
been the original definition, it seems
that it's become antiquated, and
put into the specialty definition section.

> > meant that it had to go hand in hand
> > with the concept of animal rights.

> It still does.

Not always.

> > Some people (like you) take on a
> > vegan diet for health and/or
> > aesthetic reasons.

> Diets aren't vegan. AR-types are. Veganism and AR go hand-in-hand. You
> do not have veganism without AR.
>
> > The older original meaning

> It still prevails.
>
> > http://www.websters-online-dictionar...finition/vegan

> From that page:

Under SPECIALTY DEFINITION:

> Motivation
> Vegans use as their primary motivation the concept of reducing
> animal suffering. Rooted in utilitarian philosophy, as expressed
> by authors such as Jeremy Bentham and Peter Singer, ethical
> veganism is the belief that humans have a moral obligation to
> avoid causing suffering to any other living creature. Animals
> are seen to have the same inherent rights as humans to a life as
> free from suffering as possible....
>
> There is no such thing as a "dietary vegan." A "total
> vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for health
> reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of compassion
> for animals. However, popular vegan author Joanne Stepaniak
> writes that the term "dietary vegan" is inappropriate because
> veganism is by definition about helping animals, and a term such
> as "total vegetarian" should be used for people who avoid eating
> animal products for health reasons but, for example, buy leather
> shoes.

Animal rights = animal rights.
Vegan = a diet of no animal
products, according to the MAIN
DEFINITION

> IOW, it's all about animal rights.
>
> > You are confused,

> No, dopey, you are. WTF do you think YOUR OWN SOURCE means when it says
> "There is no such thing as a 'dietary vegan'"?

That's under SPECIALTY DEFINITION.

> > On the one hand, you are (mostly) a dietary
> > vegan,

> Look more closely at your own source, you dope-smoking retard:
> THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DIETARY VEGAN." A "total
> vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for health
> reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of compassion
> for animals. However, popular vegan author Joanne Stepaniak
> writes that THE TERM "DIETARY VEGAN" IS INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE
> VEGANISM IS BY DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS, and a term such
> as "total vegetarian" should be used for people who avoid eating
> animal products for health reasons but, for example, buy leather
> shoes.

You don't get it, do you. There are
2 current definitions out these days.
And there's nothing wrong with that.
Just accept that some people have the
main def. and some the specialty def.
Some ARs themselves think of the
word vegan as referring to their diet.

> > and on the other, you hate
> > those who believe in animal rights.

> I don't hate anyone, I object to the ridiculous assertion that animals
> have, or should have, rights.

So, you don't think that there any
improvements needed in regards
to how our (humans) actions effect
them?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:

>>>Veganism is defined as diet.

>>Wrong.

> As the MAIN DEFINITION

Wrong. That's not the "main definition," dummy. You're focused solely on
the least-common denominator definition rather than the full-blown
definition. The full definition points out what makes veganism what it
is and distinguishes it from vegetarianism: animal rights. Your focus on
the most simplistic BS definition rather than the big picture fails to
make the distinction between vegan and vegetarian. Look at your source's
definition of vegetarian:
Eater of fruits and grains and nuts; someone who eats no meat or
fish or (often) any animal products.

How is that qualitatively distinct from its definition of vegan? Read
the full definitions and you see that one (vegetarian) is primarily
related to diet while the other (vegan) primarily pertains to animal
rights. They're not synonyms, they're not interchangeable terms.

>>>Only the old fashioned original meaning

>>WTF are you prating about now, Skanky? The original meaning hasn't
>>changed.

> You snipped what I was talking about.

I only snipped your irrelevant and pathetic attempts at sophistry. The
definition isn't as you present it.

> The fact that the main definition in that
> dictionary is a dietary only one.

Bullshit. That is NOT the main definition.

> Even though it may have
> been the original definition, it seems
> that it's become antiquated,

Wrong. Read it again and compare to VEGETARIAN from the same dictionary,
dipshit.

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...ion/vegetarian

>>>meant that it had to go hand in hand
>>>with the concept of animal rights.

>>It still does.

> Not always.

Always.

>>>On the one hand, you are (mostly) a dietary
>>>vegan,

>>Look more closely at your own source, you dope-smoking retard:
>>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DIETARY VEGAN." A "total
>>vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for health
>>reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of compassion
>>for animals. However, popular vegan author Joanne Stepaniak
>>writes that THE TERM "DIETARY VEGAN" IS INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE
>>VEGANISM IS BY DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS, and a term such
>>as "total vegetarian" should be used for people who avoid eating
>>animal products for health reasons but, for example, buy leather
>>shoes.

> You don't get it,

I do, you don't.

> There are 2 current definitions out these days.

No, there's one. You're confusing the definition of vegetarian for vegan
-- see your own source, dumb ass. It says:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DIETARY VEGAN...." THE TERM
"DIETARY VEGAN" IS INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE VEGANISM IS BY
DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS.

What then is one who avoids animal products for health reasons?
A "total vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for
health reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of
compassion for animals.

Again, compare the two definitions -- vegetarian, vegan -- from the
source you chose.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

> >>Wrong.

> > As the MAIN DEFINITION

> Wrong. That's not the "main definition," dummy. You're focused solely on
> the least-common denominator definition rather than the full-blown
> definition. The full definition points out what makes veganism what it
> is and distinguishes it from vegetarianism: animal rights. Your focus on
> the most simplistic BS definition rather than the big picture fails to
> make the distinction between vegan and vegetarian. Look at your source's
> definition of vegetarian:
> Eater of fruits and grains and nuts; someone who eats no meat or
> fish or (often) any animal products.
>
> How is that qualitatively distinct from its definition of vegan? Read
> the full definitions and you see that one (vegetarian) is primarily
> related to diet while the other (vegan) primarily pertains to animal
> rights. They're not synonyms, they're not interchangeable terms.

Vegans are always vegetarians, but
vegetarians are not always vegans.

> >>WTF are you prating about now, Skanky? The original meaning hasn't
> >>changed.

> > You snipped what I was talking about.

> I only snipped your irrelevant and pathetic attempts at sophistry. The
> definition isn't as you present it.
>
> > The fact that the main definition in that
> > dictionary is a dietary only one.

> Bullshit. That is NOT the main definition.

It's the main definition right near
the top of the page. Specialty is
below.

> > Even though it may have
> > been the original definition, it seems
> > that it's become antiquated,

> Wrong. Read it again and compare to VEGETARIAN from the same dictionary,
> dipshit.
>
> http://www.websters-online-dictionar...ion/vegetarian

Vegans are always vegetarians, but
vegetarians are not always vegans.

> >>It still does.

> > Not always.

> Always.

Vegans are always vegetarians, but
vegetarians are not always vegans.

> >>Look more closely at your own source, you dope-smoking retard:
> >>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DIETARY VEGAN." A "total
> >>vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for health
> >>reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of compassion
> >>for animals. However, popular vegan author Joanne Stepaniak
> >>writes that THE TERM "DIETARY VEGAN" IS INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE
> >>VEGANISM IS BY DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS, and a term such
> >>as "total vegetarian" should be used for people who avoid eating
> >>animal products for health reasons but, for example, buy leather
> >>shoes.

> > You don't get it,

> I do, you don't.
>
> > There are 2 current definitions out these days.

> No, there's one. You're confusing the definition of vegetarian for vegan
> -- see your own source, dumb ass. It says:
> THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DIETARY VEGAN...." THE TERM
> "DIETARY VEGAN" IS INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE VEGANISM IS BY
> DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS.

You're again referring to the SPECIALTY
definition.

> What then is one who avoids animal products for health reasons?
> A "total vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for
> health reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of
> compassion for animals.
>
> Again, compare the two definitions -- vegetarian, vegan -- from the
> source you chose.

Vegans are always vegetarians, but
vegetarians are not always vegans.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:

>>>As the MAIN DEFINITION

>>Wrong. That's not the "main definition," dummy. You're focused solely on
>>the least-common denominator definition rather than the full-blown
>>definition. The full definition points out what makes veganism what it
>>is and distinguishes it from vegetarianism: animal rights. Your focus on
>>the most simplistic BS definition rather than the big picture fails to
>>make the distinction between vegan and vegetarian. Look at your source's
>>definition of vegetarian:
>>Eater of fruits and grains and nuts; someone who eats no meat or
>>fish or (often) any animal products.
>>
>>How is that qualitatively distinct from its definition of vegan?

Answer the question, dummy.

>>Read
>>the full definitions and you see that one (vegetarian) is primarily
>>related to diet while the other (vegan) primarily pertains to animal
>>rights. They're not synonyms, they're not interchangeable terms.

> Vegans are always vegetarians,

Vegans are AR-based vegetarians. That's all.

> but vegetarians are not always vegans.

Because vegetarians can be anti-AR or neutral on the issue. Vegans are
pro-AR.

>>>You snipped what I was talking about.

>>I only snipped your irrelevant and pathetic attempts at sophistry. The
>>definition isn't as you present it.
>>

>>>The fact that the main definition in that
>>>dictionary is a dietary only one.

>>Bullshit. That is NOT the main definition.

> It's the main definition

No, it isn't.

>>>Even though it may have
>>>been the original definition, it seems
>>>that it's become antiquated,

>>Wrong. Read it again and compare to VEGETARIAN from the same dictionary,
>>dipshit.
>>
>>http://www.websters-online-dictionar...ion/vegetarian

> Vegans are always vegetarians,

Vegans are AR-based vegetarians. That's all.

> but vegetarians are not always vegans.

Because vegetarians can be anti-AR or neutral on the issue. Vegans are
pro-AR.

>>>Not always.

>>Always.

> Vegans are always vegetarians,

Vegans are AR-based vegetarians. That's all.

> but vegetarians are not always vegans.

Because vegetarians can be anti-AR or neutral on the issue. Vegans are
pro-AR.

>>>You don't get it,

>>I do, you don't.

Established.

>>>There are 2 current definitions out these days.

>>No, there's one. You're confusing the definition of vegetarian for vegan
>>-- see your own source, dumb ass. It says:
>>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DIETARY VEGAN...." THE TERM
>>"DIETARY VEGAN" IS INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE VEGANISM IS BY
>>DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS.

> You're again referring

....to the full and precise definition, which dispels your semantical
error. The two words are not interchangeable, though you're using a
definition which makes them at least appear interchangeable. Vegan is
AR-based. Vegetarian isn't.

>>What then is one who avoids animal products for health reasons?
>>A "total vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for
>>health reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of
>>compassion for animals.
>>
>>Again, compare the two definitions -- vegetarian, vegan -- from the
>>source you chose.

> Vegans are always vegetarians,

Vegans are AR-based vegetarians. That's all.

> but vegetarians are not always vegans.

Because vegetarians can be anti-AR or neutral on the issue. Vegans are
pro-AR.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

Oh stop your whiny repetitive
babbling. Go support your troops
or something.

--
> [...]

> >>DEFINITION ABOUT HELPING ANIMALS.

> > You're again referring

> ...to the full and precise definition, which dispels your semantical
> error. The two words are not interchangeable, though you're using a
> definition which makes them at least appear interchangeable. Vegan is
> AR-based. Vegetarian isn't.
>
> >>What then is one who avoids animal products for health reasons?
> >>A "total vegetarian" may eat a diet free of animals products for
> >>health reasons, such as avoiding cholesterol, and not out of
> >>compassion for animals.
> >>
> >>Again, compare the two definitions -- vegetarian, vegan -- from the
> >>source you chose.

> > Vegans are always vegetarians,

> Vegans are AR-based vegetarians. That's all.
>
> > but vegetarians are not always vegans.

> Because vegetarians can be anti-AR or neutral on the issue. Vegans are

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
> Oh stop

No.

Tonight's Dinner Fare & Christmas Meals ~patches~ General Cooking 0 19-12-2005 12:13 AM
Fair Fare Melba's Jammin' Preserving 9 09-09-2005 02:04 AM
Dinner Party Fare Donna Rose General Cooking 11 05-07-2004 08:06 PM