Beach Runner

Default Monkeys mourning the death of a friend

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_3317768.htm

DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
friends.

A forest official in Kushtia when contacted by telephone Saturday
said they (the monkeys) have been searching for their lost friend in
the bank of the river Dhorai in groups. The incident of killing the
monkey occurred on July 31.

A press report said a young man Ujjal, 29, trapped a monkey in a
cage on the plea to offering it banana and then beat and killed the
monkey. Four other monkeys, who witnessed the killing, immediately
protested it, breaking branches of trees and shouting loudly. Ujjal
threw the body of the monkey in the river.

The monkeys take shelter in the Hijla village of Khoksa
sub-district of Kushtia every year with the arrival of monsoon and
return to their homes after end of the monsoon, the report said.

The police are hunting the killer Ujjal, but could not arrest him
yet. Forest officer of Kushtia Towsiful Bari Khan told Xinhua
Saturday he has sent a team to investigate the killing incident.
After having the report of the investigation team, he will file a
case against the killer youth.

In Bangladesh there is a law against killing of wildlife with
provision of maximum punishment of six years in prison and the lowest
six months with fine. Enditem
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
> Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
> several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
> friends.

Interestingly, I found another article from another foreign source about
the same pack of apes.

Nearly two dozen baboons reportedly went on a rampage in western
Bangladesh after a villager trapped and killed one of the pack,
police said Monday.
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=29593

Which of the following is true:
A. The baboons are in mourning.
B. The baboons are rampaging.
C. You're being monkeyed around with by dubious foreign articles.

The answer is C. You're a gullible anthropomorphizing dolt.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
>> Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
>> several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
>> friends.

> Interestingly, I found another article from another foreign source about
> the same pack of apes.
>
> Nearly two dozen baboons reportedly went on a rampage in western
> Bangladesh after a villager trapped and killed one of the pack,
> police said Monday.
> http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=29593
>
> Which of the following is true:
> A. The baboons are in mourning.
> B. The baboons are rampaging.
> C. You're being monkeyed around with by dubious foreign articles.
>
> The answer is C. You're a gullible anthropomorphizing dolt.

A: Baboons go into mourning. Emotion is a very primitive emotion. You
just assume that animals can't have emotion. It doesn't mean the way
people do, but they have feelings.
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>> DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
>>> Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
>>> several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
>>> friends.

>> Interestingly, I found another article from another foreign source
>> about the same pack of apes.
>>
>> Nearly two dozen baboons reportedly went on a rampage in western
>> Bangladesh after a villager trapped and killed one of the pack,
>> police said Monday.
>> http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=29593
>>
>> Which of the following is true:
>> A. The baboons are in mourning.
>> B. The baboons are rampaging.
>> C. You're being monkeyed around with by dubious foreign articles.
>>
>> The answer is C. You're a gullible anthropomorphizing dolt.

No, dummy, I gave you the answer. The answer is C. You're a gullible
anthropomorphizing dolt.