Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Beach Runner
 
Posts: n/a
Default Monkeys mourning the death of a friend


http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_3317768.htm

DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
friends.

A forest official in Kushtia when contacted by telephone Saturday
said they (the monkeys) have been searching for their lost friend in
the bank of the river Dhorai in groups. The incident of killing the
monkey occurred on July 31.

A press report said a young man Ujjal, 29, trapped a monkey in a
cage on the plea to offering it banana and then beat and killed the
monkey. Four other monkeys, who witnessed the killing, immediately
protested it, breaking branches of trees and shouting loudly. Ujjal
threw the body of the monkey in the river.

The monkeys take shelter in the Hijla village of Khoksa
sub-district of Kushtia every year with the arrival of monsoon and
return to their homes after end of the monsoon, the report said.

The police are hunting the killer Ujjal, but could not arrest him
yet. Forest officer of Kushtia Towsiful Bari Khan told Xinhua
Saturday he has sent a team to investigate the killing incident.
After having the report of the investigation team, he will file a
case against the killer youth.

In Bangladesh there is a law against killing of wildlife with
provision of maximum punishment of six years in prison and the lowest
six months with fine. Enditem

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 04:37 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Beach Runner wrote:
DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
friends.


Interestingly, I found another article from another foreign source about
the same pack of apes.

Nearly two dozen baboons reportedly went on a rampage in western
Bangladesh after a villager trapped and killed one of the pack,
police said Monday.
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=29593

Which of the following is true:
A. The baboons are in mourning.
B. The baboons are rampaging.
C. You're being monkeyed around with by dubious foreign articles.

The answer is C. You're a gullible anthropomorphizing dolt.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Beach Runner
 
Posts: n/a
Default



usual suspect wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
friends.



Interestingly, I found another article from another foreign source about
the same pack of apes.

Nearly two dozen baboons reportedly went on a rampage in western
Bangladesh after a villager trapped and killed one of the pack,
police said Monday.
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=29593

Which of the following is true:
A. The baboons are in mourning.
B. The baboons are rampaging.
C. You're being monkeyed around with by dubious foreign articles.

The answer is C. You're a gullible anthropomorphizing dolt.


A: Baboons go into mourning. Emotion is a very primitive emotion. You
just assume that animals can't have emotion. It doesn't mean the way
people do, but they have feelings.
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-08-2005, 11:06 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Beach Runner wrote:


usual suspect wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

DHAKA, Aug. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Over 100 big size monkeys in
Bangladesh's southwestern Kushtia have not taken food for the last
several days as a mark of mourning the killing of one of their
friends.




Interestingly, I found another article from another foreign source
about the same pack of apes.

Nearly two dozen baboons reportedly went on a rampage in western
Bangladesh after a villager trapped and killed one of the pack,
police said Monday.
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=29593

Which of the following is true:
A. The baboons are in mourning.
B. The baboons are rampaging.
C. You're being monkeyed around with by dubious foreign articles.

The answer is C. You're a gullible anthropomorphizing dolt.



A:


No, dummy, I gave you the answer. The answer is C. You're a gullible
anthropomorphizing dolt.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
time sucks for monkeys Coach General Cooking 0 28-08-2010 07:53 AM
time sucks for monkeys Nick O'Tyme General Cooking 1 27-08-2010 02:00 AM
OT;; Death of transvestite Abo custody death = australias shame George W Frost General Cooking 0 23-07-2010 11:26 PM
Death of my friend Filipo's mom Joe Rosenberg Wine 2 14-09-2004 08:43 PM
Death of an Old Friend :-) Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 9 21-06-2004 06:39 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017