Beach Runner

Default USDA calls Rabbits, chickens

This is relationship to the comments that heating oil changes them.

What’s a Trans Fat Anyway?
By Leanne Ely, C.N.C.

The FDA will make another change to food labels by 2006 including
information on trans fats so the consumer can distinguish if this is
indeed something he’d want to buy, based on the nutrition offered (or

not offered) and/or the potential risk involved in consuming that
particular food.

So what’s a trans fat, anyway? Trans fatty acids are created through
process called hydrogenation, which basically forces hydrogen into a
highly heated oil creating a hard product from a liquid product--more
commonly known as shortening or margarine.

The problem with trans fats is they are just as culpable as saturated

fats for raising LDL levels (low density lipoprotein, the “bad
cholesterol”).
But unlike saturated fats (which also raise HDL levels) trans fats
actually reduce HDL levels (high density lipoprotein, the “good
cholesterol”). So you can see where the margarine/butter debate would
logically end.

Though trans fats have only been seriously studied for the past 10
years, there are some early indications that trans fats could
increase your risk to cancer, diabetes and may even cause pregnancy
complications.

So what will the FDA say is an acceptable amount of trans fat in the
diet?
In my estimation, it doesn’t matter. Any product that contains
hydrogenated oils, shortening or margarine should be avoided. Some of

the biggest trans fat offenders are donuts, crackers, cookies and
French fries. You can probably add to that list—just start reading
labels.

In this day and age, there is no reason to not be reading nutrition
labels. Stay away from hydrogenated anything (and partially
hydrogenated oils, as well) and give your body the healthy foods you need.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> This is relationship to the comments that heating oil changes them.
>

> What’s a Trans Fat Anyway?

Heating vegetable oil will not change it into transfat, dumb ass.
Hydrogenation occurs in a pressurized environment in which the oil is
heated above 500-degrees Fahrenheit in the presence of metal catalysts
(e.g., nickel, zinc, copper) and hydrogen gas. Such is *VERY UNLIKELY*
to occur in one's kitchen.

The subject heading also has nothing whatsoever to do with the article
provided below.

> By Leanne Ely, C.N.C.
>
> The FDA will make another change to food labels by 2006 including
> information on trans fats so the consumer can distinguish if this is
> indeed something he’d want to buy, based on the nutrition offered (or
> not offered) and/or the potential risk involved in consuming that
> particular food.
>
> So what’s a trans fat, anyway? Trans fatty acids are created through
> process called hydrogenation, which basically forces hydrogen into a
> highly heated oil creating a hard product from a liquid product--more
> commonly known as shortening or margarine.

Hydrogenation occurs in a pressurized environment in which the oil is
heated above 500-degrees Fahrenheit in the presence of metal catalysts
(e.g., nickel, zinc, copper) and hydrogen gas. Such is *VERY UNLIKELY*
to occur in one's kitchen.

> The problem with trans fats is they are just as culpable as saturated
> fats

If not more so, because saturated fats don't suppress HDL like transfats
do. HDL helps carry excess LDL from the bloodstream. More HDL is a good
thing; monounsaturated and saturated fats both increase HDL. Less HDL is
a bad thing; transfats decrease HDL. More LDL is a bad thing; saturated
and transfats increase LDL. Less LDL is a good thing; reducing saturated
fats and transfats in the diet should reduce serum LDL levels.

> for raising LDL levels (low density lipoprotein, the “bad
> cholesterol”).
> But unlike saturated fats (which also raise HDL levels) trans fats
> actually reduce HDL levels (high density lipoprotein, the “good
> cholesterol”).

Exactly, and these different types of fats play a larger role in serum
cholesterol than does dietary cholesterol. The oily fishes recommended
by cardiologists and nutritionists are fairly high in cholesterol; their
lipid profiles, though, are such that consuming them is beneficial in
elevating HDL and reducing LDL and creating a healthier ratio between
the two.

<...>
Beach Runner

I'm sorry if I implied ALL heating of oil causes transfat.
But it is the same FDA that allowed TRANSFAT in our food supply.

however, heating oil does change the characteristics. Hence the term
pure virgin unheated oil. Oil's characteristics change when heated.
Cold unprocessed oil is much healthier. Such as avocados.

I also apologize, it was the wrong buffer. This was supposed to be
about the FDA declaring Rabbits Chickens. I apologize for the wrong buffer.

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> This is relationship to the comments that heating oil changes them.
>>

>> What’s a Trans Fat Anyway?

> Heating vegetable oil will not change it into transfat, dumb ass.
> Hydrogenation occurs in a pressurized environment in which the oil is
> heated above 500-degrees Fahrenheit in the presence of metal catalysts
> (e.g., nickel, zinc, copper) and hydrogen gas. Such is *VERY UNLIKELY*
> to occur in one's kitchen.
>
> The subject heading also has nothing whatsoever to do with the article
> provided below.
>
>> By Leanne Ely, C.N.C.
>>
>> The FDA will make another change to food labels by 2006 including
>> information on trans fats so the consumer can distinguish if this is
>> indeed something he’d want to buy, based on the nutrition offered (or
>> not offered) and/or the potential risk involved in consuming that
>> particular food.
>>
>> So what’s a trans fat, anyway? Trans fatty acids are created through
>> process called hydrogenation, which basically forces hydrogen into a
>> highly heated oil creating a hard product from a liquid product--more
>> commonly known as shortening or margarine.

> Hydrogenation occurs in a pressurized environment in which the oil is
> heated above 500-degrees Fahrenheit in the presence of metal catalysts
> (e.g., nickel, zinc, copper) and hydrogen gas. Such is *VERY UNLIKELY*
> to occur in one's kitchen.
>
>> The problem with trans fats is they are just as culpable as saturated
>> fats

> If not more so, because saturated fats don't suppress HDL like transfats
> do. HDL helps carry excess LDL from the bloodstream. More HDL is a good
> thing; monounsaturated and saturated fats both increase HDL. Less HDL is
> a bad thing; transfats decrease HDL. More LDL is a bad thing; saturated
> and transfats increase LDL. Less LDL is a good thing; reducing saturated
> fats and transfats in the diet should reduce serum LDL levels.
>
>> for raising LDL levels (low density lipoprotein, the “bad
>> cholesterol”).
>> But unlike saturated fats (which also raise HDL levels) trans fats
>> actually reduce HDL levels (high density lipoprotein, the “good
>> cholesterol”).

> Exactly, and these different types of fats play a larger role in serum
> cholesterol than does dietary cholesterol. The oily fishes recommended
> by cardiologists and nutritionists are fairly high in cholesterol; their
> lipid profiles, though, are such that consuming them is beneficial in
> elevating HDL and reducing LDL and creating a healthier ratio between
> the two.
>
> <...>

Except fish have mercury.
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> I'm sorry

You should be.

> if I implied ALL heating of oil causes transfat.

You did more than imply, nitwit.

> But it is the same FDA that allowed TRANSFAT in our food supply.

Non sequitur. That has NOTHING to do with the issue you raised.

> however, heating oil does change the characteristics. Hence the term
> pure virgin unheated oil.

No oil is unheated, dumb ass. Pressing is done with great force which
generates heat. Often, seeds or olives or whatever's being pressed is
pre-heated to make oil extraction easier.

> Oil's characteristics change when heated.

EVERYTHING changes when heated. Scroll down to "Extraction Methods" on
the following link.

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/...cfm/Id/1830008

> Cold unprocessed oil is much healthier. Such as avocados.

"Cold" pressing is actually heated, either through pre-heating or
through the pressing itself. The difference in temperatures between
mechanical pressing and solvent extraction is ~100 degrees F -- which is
a relatively meaningless difference.

> I also apologize, it was the wrong buffer. This was supposed to be
> about the FDA declaring Rabbits Chickens. I apologize for the wrong
> buffer.

Buffoon.

> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>> This is relationship to the comments that heating oil changes them.
>>>

>>> What’s a Trans Fat Anyway?

>> Heating vegetable oil will not change it into transfat, dumb ass.
>> Hydrogenation occurs in a pressurized environment in which the oil is
>> heated above 500-degrees Fahrenheit in the presence of metal catalysts
>> (e.g., nickel, zinc, copper) and hydrogen gas. Such is *VERY UNLIKELY*
>> to occur in one's kitchen.
>>
>> The subject heading also has nothing whatsoever to do with the article
>> provided below.
>>
>>> By Leanne Ely, C.N.C.
>>>
>>> The FDA will make another change to food labels by 2006 including
>>> information on trans fats so the consumer can distinguish if this is
>>> indeed something he’d want to buy, based on the nutrition offered (or
>>> not offered) and/or the potential risk involved in consuming that
>>> particular food.
>>>
>>> So what’s a trans fat, anyway? Trans fatty acids are created through
>>> process called hydrogenation, which basically forces hydrogen into a
>>> highly heated oil creating a hard product from a liquid product--more
>>> commonly known as shortening or margarine.

>> Hydrogenation occurs in a pressurized environment in which the oil is
>> heated above 500-degrees Fahrenheit in the presence of metal catalysts
>> (e.g., nickel, zinc, copper) and hydrogen gas. Such is *VERY UNLIKELY*
>> to occur in one's kitchen.
>>
>>> The problem with trans fats is they are just as culpable as saturated
>>> fats

>> If not more so, because saturated fats don't suppress HDL like
>> transfats do. HDL helps carry excess LDL from the bloodstream. More
>> HDL is a good thing; monounsaturated and saturated fats both increase
>> HDL. Less HDL is a bad thing; transfats decrease HDL. More LDL is a
>> bad thing; saturated and transfats increase LDL. Less LDL is a good
>> thing; reducing saturated fats and transfats in the diet should reduce
>> serum LDL levels.
>>
>>> for raising LDL levels (low density lipoprotein, the “bad
>>> cholesterol”).
>>> But unlike saturated fats (which also raise HDL levels) trans fats
>>> actually reduce HDL levels (high density lipoprotein, the “good
>>> cholesterol”).

>> Exactly, and these different types of fats play a larger role in serum
>> cholesterol than does dietary cholesterol. The oily fishes recommended
>> by cardiologists and nutritionists are fairly high in cholesterol;
>> their lipid profiles, though, are such that consuming them is
>> beneficial in elevating HDL and reducing LDL and creating a healthier
>> ratio between the two.
>>
>> <...>

> Except fish have mercury.

Not all fish. Stop making generalizations. I know you can't help it
because you're mentally-defective (I'm not sure your medication is the
sole reason for it, either).

The Seychelles study refutes the notion that general methylmercury
exposure, even in "high" concentrations, causes developmental problems.
Seychelles children eat significantly more fish and have 10-20x higher
concentrations of methymercury than US children, yet have no greater
incidence of developmental problems. Their exposure to methylmercury in
utero and in childhood is constant, and the fish they eat aren't highly
contaminated as the seafood in Minamata and the Faroe Island studies were.

Even though the world's fish contain slight amounts of mercury,
eating lots of fish carries no detectable health risk from low
levels of the substance, even for very young children and
pregnant women, concludes the most comprehensive study of the
subject yet.

The findings come from a nine-year University of Rochester study
conducted in the Republic of the Seychelles, an island nation in
the Indian Ocean where most people eat nearly a dozen fish meals
each week and whose mercury levels are about 10 times higher
than most U.S. citizens. Indeed, no harmful effects were seen in
children at levels up to 20 times the average U.S. level. The
work is published in the August 26 issue of the Journal of the
American Medical Association.

"We look at the Seychelles people as a sentinel population,"
says pediatric neurologist Gary Myers, who examined the
children. "If somebody who eats fish twice a day does not show
effects from mercury exposure, it's unlikely that somebody who
eats fish twice a week will be affected. And the fish they eat
in the Seychelles contains the same amount of mercury as fish
sold at supermarkets and eaten in the United States."

Adds first author Philip Davidson, an expert on developmental
disabilities who designed a battery of the most sophisticated
tests available to examine the children: "What we found in the
Seychelles is applicable to every woman, every man, and every
child around the world who eats ocean fish."
http://www.rochester.edu/pr/releases/med/mercury.htm

The truth shall set you free, numbnuts.

rabbits, partly ot Stormmee Barbecue 75 19-07-2010 10:22 AM
Oh, No !!! Now I've Got Trouble With Rabbits !!! Mark Thorson General Cooking 50 24-09-2008 07:17 PM
Rabbits Dee Randall General Cooking 28 16-04-2006 11:01 PM
Rabbits are dumb! ~patches~ General Cooking 270 25-03-2006 03:26 PM
Rabbits Classified as Chickens to avoid humane treatement Beach Runner Vegan 17 24-08-2005 02:16 AM