Old 06-08-2005, 01:19 AM

Default new

hello i am new. i have been anti-news group but i think that i will give it
a try
i am 21 i have been vegan for 7 years and i have worked at mcdonalds for 6
years. anyone suprised?
i read the post about the supersize me video. yes there is sugar in the
fries, and beef. i was chastised one day about telling a customer who was
obviously trying to cut back on meat (she ordered a bigmac with tomatoes
instead of meat) i felt morally obgliated to tell her not to eat the fries.

what i really wanted to say, i was more disturbed over the segment on public
schools. it made me sick. absoutly sick. i knew that i would never make my
children eat a plate lunch, but now i am sure of it. i will send my little
people to school with homemade baked tofu sandwiches on whole wheat bread i
made yesterday, with tomato and sprouts, (humm, that sounds good) and their
little juice box of soy milk. let the other kids poke fun, we'll see who's
arteries are hardened by 12.

-R

Old 06-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Steve

hello i am new. i have been anti-news group but i think that i will give it
a try
i am 21 i have been vegan for 7 years and i have worked at mcdonalds for 6
years. anyone suprised?

Hi R;

When I was in school I worked at a few fast food places. When you need
money, you do what you have to do.

I recommend that all vegans read this link
http://www.veganhealth.org
and the one in my sig

In regards to newsgroups, if you set your newsreader to filter out cross
posts you will lose 85% of the noise. You can knock out 14% more by
filtering out 3-4 people. You will soon discover who they are.

What is left is not a lot, but it is good, some nice posts from some
nice people.

Congratulations on being vegan for 7 years!

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Old 06-08-2005, 03:00 AM
usual suspect

hello i am new. i have been anti-news group but i think that i will give it
a try
i am 21 i have been vegan for 7 years and i have worked at mcdonalds for 6
years. anyone suprised?

No, I'm not surprised that your life has stagnated at 21 in the mire of
veganism OR the drudgery of working at McD's. Why are you still working
a cash register after six years? Why haven't you become a manager?

i read the post about the supersize me video. yes there is sugar in the
fries, and beef. i was chastised one day about telling a customer who was
obviously trying to cut back on meat (she ordered a bigmac with tomatoes
instead of meat)

As you should be. It's not your duty to assume customers are trying to
"cut back on" anything.

i felt morally obgliated to tell her not to eat the fries.

Why? Did she say she didn't want minute amounts of animal parts included
in her meal? If so, why did you not warn her about the bun since it has
dairy?

what i really wanted to say, i was more disturbed over the segment on public
schools. it made me sick. absoutly sick. i knew that i would never make my
children eat a plate lunch, but now i am sure of it. i will send my little
people to school with homemade baked tofu sandwiches on whole wheat bread i
made yesterday, with tomato and sprouts, (humm, that sounds good) and their
little juice box of soy milk. let the other kids poke fun, we'll see who's
arteries are hardened by 12.

And we'll see whose (NOT who's) hormones go bonkers because of the
phytoestrogens in soy.

See:
http://www.mothering.com/articles/gr...soy_story.html

Rat pups, exposed to high doses of the plant estrogen coumestrol
(found in sunflower seeds and oil and alfalfa sprouts) through
their mother's milk, suffered permanent reproductive problems:
female pups when grown did not ovulate, and males had altered
mounting behavior and fewer ejaculations (2).
[Whitten, P., C. Lewis and F. Naftolin. 1993. A Phytoestrogen
diet induces the premature anovulatory syndrome in lactationally
exposed female rats. Biology of Reproduction 49:1117-21.]

Neonatal and immature rats exposed to coumestrol experienced
estrogen-related responses, such as premature estrous cycles.
Coumestrol also interrupted ovarian cycles in adult female rats
(3).
[Barrett, J. 1996. Phytoestrogens: Friends or Foes?
Environmental Health Perspectives 104:478-82.]

Newborn rats exposed to the phytoestrogen genistein (a compound
found in soy products), experienced altered hormone secretions
and the onset of puberty may have been delayed because female
rats were exposed to the compound as fetuses (3).
[Ibid.]

“In males, levels of 17B-estradiol and testosterone were not
affected, but levels of 3a, 17B- androstanediol glucuronide (a
metabolite of dihydrotestosterone) and dehydroepiandrosterone
sulfate were decreased by 13% and 14%, respectively, after 2-4
weeks of daily soya ingestion.”
[Supported by USPHS CA56273, CA65628, CA45181, John Sealy
Memorial Endowment Fund for Biomedical Research, American
Institute for Cancer Research grant 95B119, and NIH NCRR GCRC
grant M01 RR00073]

All above lifted from:
http://www.cheapbodybuildingsu pplements.com/articles/soyestrogen.shtml

Additionally, see:
http://www.t-mag.com/articles/185soy.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter6.htm
Old 06-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Scented Nectar

wrote in message
.net...
[...]

Hi. Good luck with the trolls here.
Don't let them scare you off with
their insults or lies. If you're ever
looking for free vegan recipes
come visit my directory of recipe
sites listed below. Many of the
links there are vegan

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 06-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Beach Runner

The will be a few trolls, nasty people like Unusual Suspects.
Please don't let him chase you away. This group is for you.

You will add years to your life and help the world. However, continue
to learn about nutrition! There are great sources.

Scented Nectar wrote:
.net...

Old 06-08-2005, 02:52 PM
rick

"Beach Runner" wrote in message
The will be a few trolls, nasty people like Unusual Suspects.
Please don't let him chase you away. This group is for you.

You will add years to your life and help the world.

====================
Continuing the ly I see, eh killer? When you going to back up
your delusions?

However, continue
to learn about nutrition! There are great sources.

=============
Yep, it's called meat. Far better for you and the environment
than all the petro-chemical laced veggies you eat now...

Scented Nectar wrote:
.net...

Old 06-08-2005, 07:14 PM
usual suspect

Car-less, homebound pot-head Skanky wrote:
Hi. Good luck with the trolls here.

Why did you even try to lie that you might own a car, Skanky?

If you're getting together somewhere accessable [sic]
by bus or subway, I would sure like to go. I have
no car though, so Markham's out for me, but I could
get to anywhere in Toronto itself.

http://tinyurl.com/d36ok

Re your agoraphobia, one of the mental health issues associated with
drug abuse -- even something as "mild" as marijuana -- is
depersonalization. This leads to anxiety disorders like agoraphobia. So
by continuing to smoke pot, you're only making yourself worse.

http://www.panicattacks.com.au/articles/marij.html
http://tinyurl.com/7tvjc
http://oas.samhsa.gov/nhsda/1997Main...7mfWeb-117.htm
Etc.

Between your drug-induced anxiety disorder and your fantasy-based
worldview (e.g., "veganics" is viable and will eventually become the
norm), I think you clearly need some serious couch time.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:15 PM

I have a feling that i shouldn't reply to this but i will...
"usual suspect" wrote in message
hello i am new. i have been anti-news group but i think that i will give

it
a try
i am 21 i have been vegan for 7 years and i have worked at mcdonalds for

6
years. anyone suprised?

No, I'm not surprised that your life has stagnated at 21 in the mire of
veganism OR the drudgery of working at McD's. Why are you still working
a cash register after six years? Why haven't you become a manager?

i am a manager, i am the resturant manager.

i read the post about the supersize me video. yes there is sugar in the
fries, and beef. i was chastised one day about telling a customer who

was
obviously trying to cut back on meat (she ordered a bigmac with tomatoes
instead of meat)

As you should be. It's not your duty to assume customers are trying to
"cut back on" anything.

recent suits would argue differently, i didn't assume she was cutting back
i just informed her.

i felt morally obgliated to tell her not to eat the fries.

Why? Did she say she didn't want minute amounts of animal parts included
in her meal? If so, why did you not warn her about the bun since it has
dairy?

Enriched bleached flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour,
thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, reduced iron), water, high
fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, yeast, contains
less than 2 % of each of the following: salt, calcium sulfate, calcium
carbonate, calcium silicate, wheat gluten, soy flour, baking soda,
emulsifier (mono- and diglycerides, diacetyl tartaric acid esters of fatty
acids, ethanol, sorbitol, polysorbate 20, potassium propionate), sodium
stearoyl lactylate, dough conditioner (corn starch, ammonium chloride,
ammonium sulfate, calcium peroxide, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide,
enzymes), calcium propionate (preservative
i will say that is a lot of junk but i think that for a budding vegan beef
is higher on the list then any of these chemicals. we have to start
somewhere.

what i really wanted to say, i was more disturbed over the segment on

public
schools. it made me sick. absoutly sick. i knew that i would never make

my
children eat a plate lunch, but now i am sure of it. i will send my

little
people to school with homemade baked tofu sandwiches on whole wheat

bread i
made yesterday, with tomato and sprouts, (humm, that sounds good) and

their
little juice box of soy milk. let the other kids poke fun, we'll see

who's
arteries are hardened by 12.

And we'll see whose (NOT who's) hormones go bonkers because of the
phytoestrogens in soy.

if i have baby rats i will keep that in mind. and i apoligize for my
spelling. i will blame it on being vegitarian. not eating meat affects the
ability to spell, expecially in the privacy of one's home while checking
e-mail in her underwear

Old 06-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
news
Car-less, homebound pot-head Skanky wrote:
Hi. Good luck with the trolls here.

Why did you even try to lie that you might own a car, Skanky?

Well Usual Shithead, I had no
car in 2003. Whether I have one
now, rent one, or borrow when
needed, you currently don't know.
You do know that I make regular
use of Toronto's very good transit
system, and that I sometimes
drive.

If you're getting together somewhere accessable [sic]
by bus or subway, I would sure like to go. I have
no car though, so Markham's out for me, but I could
get to anywhere in Toronto itself.

http://tinyurl.com/d36ok

Re your agoraphobia, one of the mental health issues associated with
drug abuse -- even something as "mild" as marijuana -- is
depersonalization. This leads to anxiety disorders like agoraphobia. So
by continuing to smoke pot, you're only making yourself worse.

http://www.panicattacks.com.au/articles/marij.html
http://tinyurl.com/7tvjc
http://oas.samhsa.gov/nhsda/1997Main...7mfWeb-117.htm
Etc.

Between your drug-induced anxiety disorder and your fantasy-based
worldview (e.g., "veganics" is viable and will eventually become the
norm), I think you clearly need some serious couch time.

Personally I find that smoking
some pot relaxes me and does
not interfere with any of my
functioning outdoors. Maybe
that's because only some people
get anxiety from pot, or because
I only smoke when I'm indoors
for the night, I don't know. Pot
can intensify whatever mood
someone is in. So if there is
a tendency towards not liking
crowds like in my case, it might
intensify that. I don't want to
test that out personally. I only
smoke when I'm in a good
mood and comfortable
surroundings (like where I will
spend the night). If someone
like Rudy smoked pot, being
a psychopath, he would likely
go on a killing rampage, or
maybe just walk down the
street cussing at everyone
he passed that's not to his
liking.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:19 AM
usual suspect

I have a feling that i shouldn't reply to this but i will...

Why not? And from now on, please leave spaces between you replies and
that which you're replying. It makes it a lot easier to read what you wrote.

No, I'm not surprised that your life has stagnated at 21 in the mire of
veganism OR the drudgery of working at McD's. Why are you still working
a cash register after six years? Why haven't you become a manager?

i am a manager, i am the resturant manager.

Congratulations.

As you should be. It's not your duty to assume customers are trying to
"cut back on" anything.

recent suits would argue differently,

Lawsuits? Those aren't exactly recent. The settlement of the fries case
was a few years ago.

i didn't assume she was cutting back
i just informed her.

Why did you inform rather than ask?

[...]

What chemicals?

And we'll see whose (NOT who's) hormones go bonkers because of the
phytoestrogens in soy.

if i have baby rats i will keep that in mind.

The dangers extend beyond rats. To date, no studies have been done to
assess the risks to children. Did you read the first soy article I linked?

Here is is again:
http://www.mothering.com/articles/gr...soy_story.html

Scroll down to the heading "Soy and Reproduction: Breeding Discontent."

and i apoligize for my spelling.

You can hit your spell checker before hitting send.

i will blame it on being vegitarian. not eating meat affects the
ability to spell, expecially in the privacy of one's home while checking
e-mail in her underwear

Hmmm. Are you hot?

Old 07-08-2005, 12:26 AM
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
Personally I find that smoking
some pot relaxes me and does
not interfere with any of my
functioning outdoors.

Anecdotal. Observations of psychologists and substance abuse counselors
appear to contradict your claims.

Maybe
that's because only some people
get anxiety from pot, or because
I only smoke when I'm indoors
for the night,

I think that's operative, Skanky. You smoke. You stay indoors. You're
afraid of groups of people. So you smoke more. It's a vicious cycle.

I don't know.

You're right in the middle of it so you'll deny it.

Pot can intensify whatever mood
someone is in.

So much for your claim that it mellows (ab)users.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .
Scented Nectar wrote:
Personally I find that smoking
some pot relaxes me and does
not interfere with any of my
functioning outdoors.

Anecdotal. Observations of psychologists and substance abuse counselors
appear to contradict your claims.

As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Maybe
that's because only some people
get anxiety from pot, or because
I only smoke when I'm indoors
for the night,

I think that's operative, Skanky. You smoke. You stay indoors. You're
afraid of groups of people. So you smoke more. It's a vicious cycle.

Whoa. I don't smoke because
of not liking crowds, so what
vicious cycle? It isn't a mind
numbing substance like booze.
Instead, it intensifies one's
mood.

I don't know.

You're right in the middle of it so you'll deny it.

Pot can intensify whatever mood
someone is in.

So much for your claim that it mellows (ab)users.

If I am finished my work and
chores for the day, and when
I am in for the night, it's my
relaxation time and I'm usually in
a very good mood. I get extra
mellow and happy when I
smoke. On the occasional
bad mood, I don't have the
desire to smoke. When I have
smoked during a bad mood,
it didn't make it worse but it
didn't make it better either,
so why bother? Waste of pot.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:36 AM
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
Personally I find that smoking
some pot relaxes me and does
not interfere with any of my
functioning outdoors.

Anecdotal. Observations of psychologists and substance abuse counselors
appear to contradict your claims.

As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Maybe
that's because only some people
get anxiety from pot, or because
I only smoke when I'm indoors
for the night,

I think that's operative, Skanky. You smoke. You stay indoors. You're
afraid of groups of people. So you smoke more. It's a vicious cycle.

Whoa. I don't smoke because
of not liking crowds,

You don't like crowds because you smoke.

so what vicious cycle?

Your cycle of drug abuse and agoraphobia.

It isn't a mind numbing substance

The hell it isn't. Sober up for a few weeks and then review your posts
here. Your mind is clearly numbed.

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Instead, it intensifies one's
mood.

So much for your claims that it mellows (ab)users.

I don't know.

You're right in the middle of it so you'll deny it.

Pot can intensify whatever mood
someone is in.

So much for your claim that it mellows (ab)users.

If I am finished my work and
chores for the day, and when
I am in for the night, it's my
relaxation time and I'm usually in
a very good mood. I get extra
mellow and happy when I
smoke.

Because you like to escape reality.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Scented Nectar

Scented Nectar wrote:
[...]

Nope. I've never liked crowds.
Long before I ever smoked pot.
When I smoke, I'm not even
thinking about crowds because
I responsibly only smoke in the
evenings when I am in for the
night. Once in a blue moon, if
I don't need to go out, I'll smoke
earlier.

so what vicious cycle?

Your cycle of drug abuse and agoraphobia.

There is no cycle. Neither causes
the other. At least not with me.
There were a couple of exceptions
years ago to my evening only rule.
Once after toking, I had the
irresistable urge to go shopping.
I did, and didn't care about the
crowds and it was very fun.

It isn't a mind numbing substance

The hell it isn't. Sober up for a few weeks and then review your posts
here. Your mind is clearly numbed.

If I post after smoking, my posts
still look fine the next day, when
I am 'sober'.

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Many anti-pot people feel the
opposite about booze, despite
the greater amounts of violence,
accidents, etc. that can be
chalked up to booze.

Instead, it intensifies one's
mood.

So much for your claims that it mellows (ab)users.

When I'm in a good mood, it
intensifies that. It's in a very
gentle, mellow manner, or
maybe that's just how my
good moods are, and that's
the part that intensifies.

I don't know.

You're right in the middle of it so you'll deny it.

Pot can intensify whatever mood
someone is in.

So much for your claim that it mellows (ab)users.

If I am finished my work and
chores for the day, and when
I am in for the night, it's my
relaxation time and I'm usually in
a very good mood. I get extra
mellow and happy when I
smoke.

Because you like to escape reality.

If anything, reality becomes even
more real while smoking pot. It
intensifies your current perceptions.
It's great for hobbies like painting
because you can really really get
into it. Reading a book comes
alive and vivid. Chatting and
relaxing with friends is extra fun.
Cooking is really fun, especially
with the tastebuds all primed
with a case of the munchies.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:15 PM
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
Personally I find that smoking
some pot relaxes me and does
not interfere with any of my
functioning outdoors.

Anecdotal. Observations of psychologists and substance abuse counselors
appear to contradict your claims.

As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

Maybe
that's because only some people
get anxiety from pot, or because
I only smoke when I'm indoors
for the night,

I think that's operative, Skanky. You smoke. You stay indoors. You're
afraid of groups of people. So you smoke more. It's a vicious cycle.

Whoa. I don't smoke because
of not liking crowds,

You don't like crowds because you smoke.

Nope. I've never liked crowds.
Long before I ever smoked pot.

Why haven't you sought counseling for your phobia?

When I smoke, I'm not even
thinking about crowds

You're not thinking about ANYTHING when you smoke your pot. You're only
trying to escape reality.

Once after toking, I had the
irresistable urge to go shopping.
I did,

So not only do you abuse drugs and have agoraphobia, you're also
impulsive (at least when you get stoned). You've said in the past you
believe your drug use to be healthy despite the evidence presented about
the dangers of the smoke itself, nevermind the deleterious effects to
your mental health. How is it healthy?

It isn't a mind numbing substance

The hell it isn't. Sober up for a few weeks and then review your posts
here. Your mind is clearly numbed.

If I post after smoking, my posts
still look fine the next day, when
I am 'sober'.

That means you're as jellyheaded as I thought you were.

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Many anti-pot people feel the
opposite about booze,

Have you read any posts from me suggesting you try chronic drunkenness
instead of your drug abuse? Same coin, different side. Substance abuse
is substance abuse. Rid yourself of your addiction, Skanky, and free
your mind.

Instead, it intensifies one's
mood.

So much for your claims that it mellows (ab)users.

When I'm in a good mood,

You've claimed, like other nitwitted pot-heads, that marijuana abuse
mellows people. Now you suggest it intensifies regardless of what kind
mood one is is: easy-going, violent, etc. Make up your braincell.

If I am finished my work and
chores for the day, and when
I am in for the night, it's my
relaxation time and I'm usually in
a very good mood. I get extra
mellow and happy when I
smoke.

Because you like to escape reality.

If anything, reality becomes even
more real while smoking pot.

No, it does not. Marijuana induces an ALTERED STATE of consciousness.
That chemical alteration *detaches* one from reality.

It intensifies your current perceptions.

Perceptions are not reality. Perceptions can be 180-degrees from reality.