Old 07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
Scented Nectar wrote:
Personally I find that smoking
some pot relaxes me and does
not interfere with any of my
functioning outdoors.

Anecdotal. Observations of psychologists and substance abuse

counselors
appear to contradict your claims.

As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

We aren't talking about what
some users out of a group
experience, we are talking
about what I personally
experience. Anecdotal or
not, it's factual.

Maybe
that's because only some people
get anxiety from pot, or because
I only smoke when I'm indoors
for the night,

I think that's operative, Skanky. You smoke. You stay indoors. You're
afraid of groups of people. So you smoke more. It's a vicious cycle.

Whoa. I don't smoke because
of not liking crowds,

You don't like crowds because you smoke.

Nope. I've never liked crowds.
Long before I ever smoked pot.

Why haven't you sought counseling for your phobia?

Why haven't you sought counselling
for your vegaphobia?

When I smoke, I'm not even
thinking about crowds

You're not thinking about ANYTHING when you smoke your pot. You're only
trying to escape reality.

Dave's not here, man.

Once after toking, I had the
irresistable urge to go shopping.
I did,

So not only do you abuse drugs and have agoraphobia, you're also
impulsive (at least when you get stoned). You've said in the past you
believe your drug use to be healthy despite the evidence presented about
the dangers of the smoke itself, nevermind the deleterious effects to
your mental health. How is it healthy?

I would have had the urge to
shop whether or not I toked.
I had fun and I don't feel guilt.
I came home with some great
stuff too.

It isn't a mind numbing substance

The hell it isn't. Sober up for a few weeks and then review your posts
here. Your mind is clearly numbed.

If I post after smoking, my posts
still look fine the next day, when
I am 'sober'.

That means you're as jellyheaded as I thought you were.

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Many anti-pot people feel the
opposite about booze,

Have you read any posts from me suggesting you try chronic drunkenness
instead of your drug abuse? Same coin, different side. Substance abuse
is substance abuse. Rid yourself of your addiction, Skanky, and free
your mind.

Why are you asuming I abuse
pot rather than use it? What
addiction? I think we have a
case of Reefer Madness
mindset.

Instead, it intensifies one's
mood.

So much for your claims that it mellows (ab)users.

When I'm in a good mood,

You've claimed, like other nitwitted pot-heads, that marijuana abuse
mellows people. Now you suggest it intensifies regardless of what kind
mood one is is: easy-going, violent, etc. Make up your braincell.

I don't know any violent people
well enough to know what they
are like when they smoke pot.
I don't plan on ever knowing it
first hand. No one I have ever
hung out with is violent. The
most violence in my life is this
newsgroup! You trolls and
your insults are the most
violently insane sounding
people I have ever 'met'.

If I am finished my work and
chores for the day, and when
I am in for the night, it's my
relaxation time and I'm usually in
a very good mood. I get extra
mellow and happy when I
smoke.

Because you like to escape reality.

If anything, reality becomes even
more real while smoking pot.

No, it does not. Marijuana induces an ALTERED STATE of consciousness.
That chemical alteration *detaches* one from reality.

I'm speaking from first hand
knowledge. You're not. I
don't detach.

It intensifies your current perceptions.

Perceptions are not reality. Perceptions can be 180-degrees from reality.

I agree and if an insane person
smokes pot, they will probably
still be insane after. Maybe a
little mellower though.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 07-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Scented Nectar

"Scented Nectar" wrote in message
Dave's not here, man.

I should have put the above into
quotes and properly attributed it
to Cheech and Chong. Tokers
from my age group will recognize
the movie quote. It's not refering
to any Daves on this group.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:39 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

We aren't talking about what
some users out of a group
experience, we are talking
about what I personally
experience. Anecdotal or
not, it's factual.

Your self-reporting isn't "factual." It's based on your perceptions,
which been distorted by your chronic drug abuse.

Why haven't you sought counseling for your phobia?

Why haven't you sought counselling
for your vegaphobia?

Stop making up words. I have no phobias in the clinical sense.

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Many anti-pot people feel the
opposite about booze,

Have you read any posts from me suggesting you try chronic drunkenness
instead of your drug abuse? Same coin, different side. Substance abuse
is substance abuse. Rid yourself of your addiction, Skanky, and free
your mind.

Why are you asuming

Stop changing the subject. You constantly view things in the extreme. If
someone chastizes your addiction to marijuana, you suggest it would be
worse if you were to become alcoholic instead. While I agree with you on
the latter point, I resent your non sequitur that you must have at least
one physically and mentally deleterious habit.

Because you like to escape reality.

If anything, reality becomes even
more real while smoking pot.

No, it does not. Marijuana induces an ALTERED STATE of consciousness.
That chemical alteration *detaches* one from reality.

I'm speaking from first hand
knowledge.

Your self-reporting is anecdotal and not factual on the basis of what we
know about marijuana's effects on the mind and on perceptions.

You're not.

I'm operating from established scientific facts about marijuana's
effects on the human body and mind. You're operating from your
subjective perceptions based upon personal experience. Your addiction
forms its own bias.

I don't detach.

You are clearly detached from reality. That became evident to me when
you started posting fantastical prattle about "veganics" becoming
commercially viable. You've raised other issues which have also led me
to question your sanity and grasp of reality.

It intensifies your current perceptions.

Perceptions are not reality. Perceptions can be 180-degrees from reality.

I agree

Then stop disagreeing and suggesting that your perceptions are reality.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .
Skanky wrote:
As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

We aren't talking about what
some users out of a group
experience, we are talking
about what I personally
experience. Anecdotal or
not, it's factual.

Your self-reporting isn't "factual." It's based on your perceptions,
which been distorted by your chronic drug abuse.

Oh no, my computer screen is
blurring into psychedelic designs!!!

Why haven't you sought counseling for your phobia?

Why haven't you sought counselling
for your vegaphobia?

Stop making up words. I have no phobias in the clinical sense.

You have orthorexia. That's why
you can't believe that others can
be vegan without the illness.

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Many anti-pot people feel the
opposite about booze,

Have you read any posts from me suggesting you try chronic drunkenness
instead of your drug abuse? Same coin, different side. Substance abuse
is substance abuse. Rid yourself of your addiction, Skanky, and free
your mind.

Why are you asuming

Stop changing the subject. You constantly view things in the extreme. If
someone chastizes your addiction to marijuana, you suggest it would be
worse if you were to become alcoholic instead. While I agree with you on
the latter point, I resent your non sequitur that you must have at least
one physically and mentally deleterious habit.

Stop snipping the sentence that
you are replying to, idiot.

Because you like to escape reality.

If anything, reality becomes even
more real while smoking pot.

No, it does not. Marijuana induces an ALTERED STATE of consciousness.
That chemical alteration *detaches* one from reality.

I'm speaking from first hand
knowledge.

Your self-reporting is anecdotal and not factual on the basis of what we
know about marijuana's effects on the mind and on perceptions.

I know how it affects me, and
that's what counts.

You're not.

I'm operating from established scientific facts about marijuana's
effects on the human body and mind. You're operating from your
subjective perceptions based upon personal experience. Your addiction
forms its own bias.

There's no addiction. Whenever
I don't smoke for a week or so,
there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

I don't detach.

You are clearly detached from reality. That became evident to me when
you started posting fantastical prattle about "veganics" becoming
commercially viable. You've raised other issues which have also led me
to question your sanity and grasp of reality.

It intensifies your current perceptions.

Perceptions are not reality. Perceptions can be 180-degrees from

reality.

I agree

Then stop disagreeing and suggesting that your perceptions are reality.

You want me to agree with your
misinformed viewpoints? I don't
think so. Why are you snipping
the sentences that you are
responding to? Is it because
you cannot answer them? The
above quote is a good example.
What are you trying to do? Lick
Rudy's balls? You've picked up
some bad habits (or is that
addictions).

Old 08-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Derek

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:33:46 -0400, "Scented Nectar" wrote:

There's no addiction. Whenever
I don't smoke for a week or so,
there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

Take "The Responsible Drug User's Oath" and then
ignore him, if you agree with it want to, of course.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...-User%27s-Oath

Old 08-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Scented Nectar

wrote:

There's no addiction. Whenever
I don't smoke for a week or so,
there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

Take "The Responsible Drug User's Oath" and then
ignore him, if you agree with it want to, of course.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...-User%27s-Oath

That's a very good oath and one
I agree with totally. As for number
12 though, I can only take the info
secondhand that there's no
violence involved in the growing.
As far as I know, all pot in Ontario
is grown locally and nonviolently,
but I can't swear to it, as I've
never been inside a growhouse.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Derek

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:27:25 -0400, "Scented Nectar" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:33:46 -0400, "Scented Nectar" wrote:

There's no addiction. Whenever
I don't smoke for a week or so,
there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

Take "The Responsible Drug User's Oath" and then
ignore him, if you agree with it and want to, of course.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...-User%27s-Oath

That's a very good oath and one
I agree with totally. As for number
12 though, I can only take the info
secondhand that there's no
violence involved in the growing.
As far as I know, all pot in Ontario
is grown locally and nonviolently,
but I can't swear to it, as I've
never been inside a growhouse.

Rest assured that, besides the intentional killing of
spider mite very little violence goes on in them.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:57 PM
cricket

wrote:

There's no addiction. Whenever
I don't smoke for a week or so,
there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

Take "The Responsible Drug User's Oath" and then
ignore him, if you agree with it and want to, of course.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...-User%27s-Oath

That's a very good oath and one
I agree with totally. As for number
12 though, I can only take the info
secondhand that there's no
violence involved in the growing.
As far as I know, all pot in Ontario
is grown locally and nonviolently,
but I can't swear to it, as I've
never been inside a growhouse.

Rest assured that, besides the intentional killing of
spider mite very little violence goes on in them.

they may have a mad-tight game of spades occationally too. i hear those
games can get pretty heated.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:46 PM
C. James Strutz

Skanky wrote:
As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

We aren't talking about what
some users out of a group
experience, we are talking
about what I personally
experience. Anecdotal or
not, it's factual.

Your self-reporting isn't "factual." It's based on your perceptions,

Uhm, don't you think that "self-reporting" should be based on one's own
perceptions? Self perception is mostly a matter of honesty and not clouded
by some flighty notion of marijuana induced mind distortions.

which been distorted by your chronic drug abuse.

An exaggeration. Occasional dope smoking doesn't qualify as chronic drug
abuse just as an occasional drink doesn't qualify as alcoholism. I'm not
surprised, however, that you consistently use exaggerations, lies, and
omissions to support your positions. You are not credible.

Why haven't you sought counseling for your phobia?

Why haven't you sought counselling
for your vegaphobia?

Stop making up words. I have no phobias in the clinical sense.

I don't know, "vegaphobia" is as descriptive of you as anything I could
think of. Well, "prick" comes pretty close.

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Many anti-pot people feel the
opposite about booze,

Have you read any posts from me suggesting you try chronic drunkenness
instead of your drug abuse? Same coin, different side. Substance abuse
is substance abuse. Rid yourself of your addiction, Skanky, and free
your mind.

Why are you asuming

Stop changing the subject.

Your subject is invalid. You are assuming that she has an addiction problem
and that her mind will be "free" if she stops. Where do you get that "free
your mind" stuff - hillarious.

You constantly view things in the extreme.

pot-kettle-black...

I resent your non sequitur that you must have at least one physically and
mentally deleterious habit.

Why not, you have psychosis.

I don't detach.

You are clearly detached from reality. That became evident to me when you
started posting fantastical prattle about "veganics" becoming commercially
viable.

You've raised other issues which have also led me to question your sanity
and grasp of reality.

Ha, that from the guy who writes "free your mind".

It intensifies your current perceptions.

Perceptions are not reality. Perceptions can be 180-degrees from reality.

I agree

Then stop disagreeing

????

Old 08-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Derek

"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:33:46 -0400, "Scented wrote:

[...]

Things soon pitter down to a wheeze again once the
coughing fits pass.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:20 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

We aren't talking about what
some users out of a group
experience, we are talking
about what I personally
experience. Anecdotal or
not, it's factual.

Your self-reporting isn't "factual." It's based on your perceptions,
which been distorted by your chronic drug abuse.

Oh no,

Oh, yes.

Why haven't you sought counseling for your phobia?

Why haven't you sought counselling
for your vegaphobia?

Stop making up words. I have no phobias in the clinical sense.

You have orthorexia.

No, I don't. You do, and you have agoraphobia, chemical dependency, and
other dysfunctions indicated by your lack of contact with reality.

That's why you can't believe that others can
be vegan without the illness.

Vegetarians can be mentally healthy and very well-adjusted, but vegans
are inherently imbalanced with regard to diet (and worldview).

like booze.

Has anyone here suggested you get drunk instead?

Many anti-pot people feel the
opposite about booze,

Have you read any posts from me suggesting you try chronic drunkenness
instead of your drug abuse? Same coin, different side. Substance abuse
is substance abuse. Rid yourself of your addiction, Skanky, and free
your mind.

Why are you asuming

Stop changing the subject. You constantly view things in the extreme. If
someone chastizes your addiction to marijuana, you suggest it would be
worse if you were to become alcoholic instead. While I agree with you on
the latter point, I resent your non sequitur that you must have at least
one physically and mentally deleterious habit.

Stop

Stop changing the subject.

Because you like to escape reality.

If anything, reality becomes even
more real while smoking pot.

No, it does not. Marijuana induces an ALTERED STATE of consciousness.
That chemical alteration *detaches* one from reality.

I'm speaking from first hand
knowledge.

Your self-reporting is anecdotal and not factual on the basis of what we
know about marijuana's effects on the mind and on perceptions.

I know how it affects me, and
that's what counts.

You're a mental defective, as we know from your admissions of chronic
drug use and agoraphobia. Your perceptions are altered by drugs. Your
subjective experiences are NOT objective. Objectively, you continue to
harm yourself despite evidence shown to you about the effects of
inhaling smoke as well as the long-term effects of smoking pot on the mind.

You're not.

I'm operating from established scientific facts about marijuana's
effects on the human body and mind. You're operating from your
subjective perceptions based upon personal experience. Your addiction
forms its own bias.

There's no addiction.

Yes, there is.

Whenever I don't smoke for a week or so,

That's not long enough to tell.

there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

You wouldn't dare, bitch.

I don't detach.

You are clearly detached from reality. That became evident to me when
you started posting fantastical prattle about "veganics" becoming
commercially viable. You've raised other issues which have also led me
to question your sanity and grasp of reality.

It intensifies your current perceptions.

Perceptions are not reality. Perceptions can be 180-degrees from

reality.

I agree

Then stop disagreeing and suggesting that your perceptions are reality.

You want me to agree

The facts are the same whether you agree with them or not, retard. Your
altered perceptions have NOTHING to do with reality.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:30 PM
usual suspect

Clueless Skanky wrote:
There's no addiction. Whenever
I don't smoke for a week or so,
there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

Take "The Responsible Drug User's Oath" and then
ignore him, if you agree with it want to, of course.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...-User%27s-Oath

That's a very good oath and one
I agree with totally.

Then why did you qualify #12 with what you BELIEVE (perception) rather
than FACTS (reality)?

As for number 12 though, I can only take the info
secondhand that there's no violence involved in the growing.

"We're definitely seeing more violence," explains Mr. Benson,
who recently oversaw a year long, cross- border sting called
Operation Hockey Bag, in which investigators charged 22 people
and seized more than 400 lbs. of marijuana, along with $3.4
million and a dozen firearms. "It's not just weapons - it's what
we're seeing from the organization. They rule and intimidate
from within."

RCMP investigators are still sifting through the evidence,
trying to find out what led to the killing of the four officers
last week. The incident began as an attempt to repossess a
pickup truck but ballooned into a larger investigation after the
marijuana growing operation was discovered. The gunman, Jim
Roszko, killed the officers and later turned a high-powered,
semiautomatic weapon on himself.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0311/p01s03-woam.html

"This illegal activity feeds drug use, guns and violence in the
province," said Algar.

"Anyone who claims that grow-ops are benign simply has not seen
what the police see in these grow homes, and has not experienced
what we've experienced in dealing with these public menaces."

Community Safety Minister Monte Kwinter echoed Elgar's call for
more assistance from private companies and individuals in
dealing with grow houses, which often set up in residential
neighbourhoods with stolen electricity that poses a serious fire
risk.
http://tinyurl.com/aj2vk

And that doesn't even touch on the fact that a lot of the pot being sold
in Canada is imported from Mexico, where violence along the Texas border
continues to escalate.
http://www.cbs13kvtv.com/news/headlines/1652956.html

As far as I know, all pot in Ontario
is grown locally

Wrong.

and nonviolently,

VERY wrong.

but I can't swear to it,

No shit.

as I've never been inside a growhouse.

Hardly surprising, given your clueless urbanite views about agriculture
in general.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:48 PM
usual suspect

C. James Putz wrote:
As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

We aren't talking about what
some users out of a group
experience, we are talking
about what I personally
experience. Anecdotal or
not, it's factual.

Your self-reporting isn't "factual." It's based on your perceptions,

Uhm, don't you think that "self-reporting" should be based on one's own
perceptions?

The issue, dumb ass, was her rejection of the term "anecdotal" for that.

snip irrelevant attempts to stir shit
Old 10-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Scented Nectar

Skanky wrote:
As per usual, you don't know
what you're talking about. You
may think of it as anecdotal,
but to me it is first hand
experience.

Which is the definition of anecdotal.

Established. Anecdotal means "Based on casual observations or
indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis."

We aren't talking about what
some users out of a group
experience, we are talking
about what I personally
experience. Anecdotal or
not, it's factual.

Your self-reporting isn't "factual." It's based on your perceptions,
which been distorted by your chronic drug abuse.

Oh no,

Oh, yes.

Reefer madness. Hide your kids!

Why haven't you sought counseling for your phobia?

Why haven't you sought counselling
for your vegaphobia?

Stop making up words. I have no phobias in the clinical sense.

You have orthorexia.

No, I don't. You do, and you have agoraphobia, chemical dependency, and
other dysfunctions indicated by your lack of contact with reality.

I'm in full contact with reality every
moment that I'm not asleep.

[...]

No, you stop snipping first.

[...]

You really do have a case of
Reefer Madness. Do you also
believe that enemies of the States
are out to poison your bodily fluids?
Do you receive radio signals in
your head and have to use tin
foil to avoid them?

You're not.

I'm operating from established scientific facts about marijuana's
effects on the human body and mind. You're operating from your
subjective perceptions based upon personal experience. Your addiction
forms its own bias.

There's no addiction.

Yes, there is.

Nope.

Whenever I don't smoke for a week or so,

That's not long enough to tell.

Sure it is.

there is no withdrawal, no longing,
etc. So drop the addiction bullshit
before I have to smack you or
something.

You wouldn't dare, bitch.

Oh yes I would, you dumb prick.

I don't detach.

You are clearly detached from reality. That became evident to me when
you started posting fantastical prattle about "veganics" becoming
commercially viable. You've raised other issues which have also led me
to question your sanity and grasp of reality.

It intensifies your current perceptions.

Perceptions are not reality. Perceptions can be 180-degrees from

reality.

I agree

Then stop disagreeing and suggesting that your perceptions are reality.

You want me to agree

The facts are the same whether you agree with them or not, retard. Your
altered perceptions have NOTHING to do with reality.

Thankfully not YOUR reality.