Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 03:41 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Claire's self-crippled and morbidly obese Uncle Dreck wrote:
I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals

No, I don't refuse anything.

You TURNED THEM DOWN,


No


Your


No, fatso, I don't refuse anything. I gratefully accepted the rum cake
and shared it with friends and family who like that kind of thing. As
far as my brother goes, the issue was framed with "IF." He knows I
wouldn't eat it, so he won't even offer it. We respect each other that
way, something which appears to be foreign in your Jerry Springer-esque
dysfunctional family. I find it amusing that you object more to sharing
a rum cake than sharing your wife with your own twin brother. Did you
hear David's belly slapping against Belinda's? Why do you object to
sharing rum cake but not to other blokes -- much less your own brother
-- shagging your wife?

  #32 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"usual suspect" wrote in message
. ..
Scented Nectar wrote:
You said he called it an eating disorder. He did not. He said that
people with eating disorders can hide behind a vegan diet. A far cry.


You're right.


No, he isn't.

The thing is though,
he thinks that all vegans have it.


They do.

His quotes don't word it that way,


I believe I've written that all vegans are orthorexic.


Do you believe that you had an
eating disorder back when you
identified as vegan?

...[Vegans are] also out of touch with reality (which is one
reason why I suspect AR/veganism are symptoms of deeper mental
illness; perhaps it will one day be used diagnostically as a
syndrome capturing those who are anti-social, out of touch with
reality, and who have a peculiar eating disorder -- the latter
being orthorexia).
usual suspect: Jun 5 2004

Imbalanced people don't make balanced decisions. That's why
people become "vegans" in the first place.
usual suspect: Dec 4 2004

Veganism is a mental illness. I realize it isn't treated as
such at the moment, but it eventually will be. It's an extreme
form of orthorexia.
usual suspect: Jun 12 2004

but Usual has made it very clear
that he considers all vegans to
be 'orthorexic'.


Correct, and they are.

And as far as people take unusual attention to food, have you hear the
term "Kosher"? Are they sick too? They pay special attention to their
food.

What about Italian cooks who delight in their foods? Are they also

sick?

Usual himself has bragged about
being a good cook and therefore
must enjoy it. Maybe he's sick.


I am a good cook and I do enjoy cooking. I have a balanced approach,
though, about what I'll eat, etc., which distinguishes me from
orthorexics and vegans (who are all, 100%, orthorexics).


You're pretty ****ed up, Usual.


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/



  #33 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You have a serious case of fear
of non-conformity. All the below
quotes prove that.


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

"usual suspect" wrote in message
...
Skanky wrote:
You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic or

bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.

Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.

Veganism IS an eating disorder. You want a website? Try this one,
numb nuts:

www.orthorexia.com

He calls sever underweight a desease. He does not mention veganism

Itís great to eat healthy food, and most of us could benefit by
paying a little more attention to what we eat. However, some
people have the opposite problem: they take the concept of
healthy eating to such an extreme that it becomes an obsession.
I call this state of mind orthorexia nervosa: literally,
"fixation on righteous eating."
http://www.orthorexia.com/index.php?page=katef

He continues on that page with a series of questions, nearly all of
which are apropos to veganism:

Do you wish that occasionally you could just eat, and not think
about whether itís good for you? Has your diet made you
socially isolated? Is it impossible to imagine going through a
whole day without paying attention to your diet, and just living
and loving? Does it sound beyond your ability to eat a meal
prepared with love by your mother Ė one single meal Ė and not
try to control what she serves you? Do you have trouble
remembering that love, and joy, and play and creativity are more
important than food?


What the above describes is
simply the situation of someone
who is the only vegan for miles
around.


No, it does not. It describes a situation in which an individual's
preoccupation with healthful eating becomes an unhealthful obsession.
Whether that person has others around her with a similar eating disorder
is irrelevant. They're equally dysfunctional. Birds of a feather.

Of course they are
going to feel out of place and
awkward when having to deal
with what others try to insist on
feeding them.


The more you write, Skanky, the more I know you're orthorexic. The
operative part isn't *feeling awkward*, it's that someone even feels
someone else is insisting on feeding her something she considers "bad."
This is true regardless of what someone's repulsion is: fat, sweets,
meat, or micrograms of animal-derived ingredients. In that sense,
veganism is the apex of orthorexia because the disordered eater is
trying to avoid foods which may not even be of animal origin; and, if
the ingredients are of animal origin, they're in such small quantity
that virulent objections are irrational and completely out of place.

That's only part
of the above though. This bull
about love, joy, etc. makes it
sound like automatically a
person is doing something
wrong if they don't give them
priority over their food, as
though all can't exist at the
same level of priority as each
other.


Food offered out of love, such as when a mother cooks a meal or treat
for her child, should not be rejected because it contains small amounts
of ingredients which the child would never use. The child is not
shunning the objectionable ingredients, but the love with which such
food is offered. Similarly, one is very disturbed when she obsesses over
the inclusion of certain ingredients rather than over enjoyment of the
food. That is the disorder, Skanky. It's an obsession, and it's unhealthy.

It makes it sound like
there is something wrong
with anyone who pays a lot of
attention to their diet.


There *is* something wrong with irrational obsessions like vegans have
in rooting out every microgram of animal ingredient -- even to the point
of eliminating ingredients which one isn't sure are of animal origin.

Do you think this "buzz" clown is mentally healthy with his obesession
about whether or not honey might be in his incense? And how about his
response where he seems to indicate he's more concerned about bees than
his own health? Nevermind. I remember your response to information about
the toxins in your marijuana smoke.

Consider the question asked in the "party ideas" thread, and one of the
replies to me in it. Ordinary people don't have a dilemma when it comes
to having a party. They provide a variety of foods which should appeal
to most people. Here we have a vegan who insists others adopt her eating
habit (disorder) when visiting her new home or apartment. It's nothing
at all like someone who doesn't like a particular kind of food, it's a
blanket objection to entire groups of food most people in our society
don't find objectionable.


If a vegan is holding a party
that you are attending, of course
you should expect to be served
vegan food.


If vegans will be the only ones in attendance. Some party that would be.

Just as when you
go to a meat eater's party, you
should expect that if you're
vegan, you might or might not
find stuff to eat (eat a bit before
going out just in case).


I've never gone to any party where I couldn't find something I could eat.

I politely stated that I cater to my guests' tastes rather than my own
in situations like that. There are certain foods which I don't like, but
I know my guests do. *I*'m entertaining *them*. They wouldn't be
entertained by off-putting statements about my likes or dislikes, nor
should they be subjected to disapproval of their own choices of food (or
drink; I provide alcohol at most of my parties and gatherings, but I
don't drink).


You need meat and booze to
lure people to your parties.


No, I don't.

Considering your personality,
I'm not surprised.


I have more friends than you, and I've no fears which prevent me from
being with any number of them at any given time.

The reply from Ron was typical of the vegan eating disorder: "So you go
out and slaughter a steer just to appease the blood hunger of your
guests?"


Mentally disturbed people like Ron believe they should subject guests in
their homes to irrational lectures about veganism. Not only do they
forbid themselves of certain foods, they deny it to others and impugn
them incessantly for even wanting it.


Who said anything about lecturing
guests?


That goes hand-in-hand with veganism. It's not enough to say, "No,
thanks." Vegans ALWAYS condemn and impugn others for their dietary

choices.

They have disorders their pursuit is so extreme that they, and those
around them (e.g., party guests), don't enjoy themselves. They're too
busy trying to avoid micrograms of animal parts that enjoyment is
completely lost.


And you know this because.....
how many vegan parties have
you attended?


Quite a few, and I was so put off by the holier-than-thou attitudes at
the Vegetarian Network of Austin pot-luck I attended that I refuse to
ever go to one again. I see they haven't changed:
All are invited to our potlucks for fun and fellowship with
other vegetarians and those interested in learning more about
it. Families, couples and single folks are welcome!

Please bring a vegan (no dairy or other animal products) dish to
serve 8 to share. Also, no diningware is provided, so please
bring a plate and utensils.

In respect of those folks with allergies, please refrain from
wearing perfume or heavy scents.
http://www.vegnetaustin.org/

See also:



http://www.compulsiveeating.com/vege...disorder.ht m

"Family, friends, clinicians, and vegetarians themselves, need to know
that the potential exists for vegetarianism and veganism to mask an
eating disorder," Morand said.

Correct.


This doesn't mean vegetarianism is the
cause of an eating disorder, or that people shouldn't adopt a

vegetarian
lifestyle, but it may be a way for the individual who is struggling

with
food and weight issues to justify her or his restrictive eating


behaviours.

He does not call it a eating disorder.

Dr Bratman does.


There are plenty of healthy vegans.

Irrelevant to the issue at hand. Veganism is an eating disorder.


According to the questions you
quoted near the top of this page,
if a vegan is still feeling love and
joy etc. in her/his life, then they
don't have this (non medically
accepted) disease.


No, and I'm not surprised your reading comprehension is so poor that you
would say that. Pay attention to this: "Do you wish that occasionally
you could just eat, and not think about whether itís good for you?"
Similarly, one could ask a vegan, "Do you wish that occasionally you
could just eat, and not think about whether or not it has micrograms of
animal parts?" And the part about eating A SINGLE MEAL cooked by your
mother is also important. Not a "vegan" meal cooked by your mother, but
A SINGLE MEAL without any consideration for the ingredients but only for
the love your mother is showing you. Vegans have a rigidly unhealthy
obsession with food. It is an eating disorder.

There are more unhealthy meat eaters dieing of cancer and heart

desease.

Vegans die of cancer and heart disease, too, dummy.


Not as much.


Ipse dixit. What's the death rate of meat-eaters? 100%. What's the death
rate of veg-ns? 100%. Both groups die of the same diseases; some meat
eaters, particularly those indisciminate in their choices, tend to die a
bit younger. Veg-ns, though, can also die younger because they're at
higher risk of certain cancers. Show the whole picture, Skanky, and
there's really no difference especially if you compare apples to apples
by comparing healthful diets which include meat to healthful vegetarian
diets. (You've always refused to do that.)

You know that too.


I know enough to distinguish between healthful diets which include meat
and unhealthful ones which exclude meat.

The reason you used to eat
vegan was for health and
aesthetics. Even now you only
have a little fish infrequently.


The fish I've eaten was healthful. I've not turned down meals prepared
for me by family members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't. I don't obsess about my food like you do.

The rest is vegan food you eat.


Food is not vegan. Food is food. Like vegans, you have an unhealthy
obsession with food. You're not a "vegan wannabe," you're an "eating
disorder wannabe." You have orthorexia, Skanky.




  #34 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .
Claire's fat Uncle Dreck wrote:
I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.


You DO turn down such meals


No, I don't refuse anything. I accepted the rum cake and shared it with
friends and family who like that kind of thing. As far as my brother
goes, the issue was framed with "IF." He knows I wouldn't eat it, so he
won't offer it. We respect each other that way, something which appears
to be foreign in your Jerry Springer-esque dysfunctional family. Did you
hear David's belly slapping against Belinda's?


Ohhh, so it's ok when YOU and
some non vegan respect each
others differences, but not ok
when others do it.


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/



  #35 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Derek" wrote in message
...
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:10:47 GMT, usual suspect

wrote:
Derek wrote:

I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals


No, I don't refuse anything.


You TURNED THEM DOWN, queer boy; something
you claimed never to have done. You lied.

I accepted the rum cake and shared it with
friends and family who like that kind of thing.


You do not share it; you give it ALL away, liar. You
turn it down behind her back every year, and while
not having the decency to explain why you want to
reject her offer, you make a fool out of her instead
and use her foolishness and good will as a handy
anecdote.

As far as my brother goes, the issue was framed
with "IF." He knows I wouldn't eat it, so he won't
offer it.


Yet IF he did, you would tell him where to shove
it. Here's the quote you don't want SN to read;

unsnip
"My sweet, elderly neighbor bakes me a rum cake every
year for Christmas despite knowing I don't consume eggs,
milk, saturated fats, rum, or sweets. I kindly smile, thank
her for such a sweet gift, and let my friends and/or family
enjoy it (and do they ever). If my brother, though, were to
ask me if I want some venison jerky, I'd just tell him where
he could put it."
usual suspect Jul 15 2003 http://tinyurl.com/7p2xg


I think we have a serious case
here of 'do as I say but not as
I do'. Usual's obsession with
'orthorexia' makes me think that
when he was vegan, he must have
been one of those rare cases
that cover an eating disorder.
Did you feel fat, Usual?


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/





  #36 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .
Claire's self-crippled and morbidly obese Uncle Dreck wrote:
I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals

No, I don't refuse anything.

You TURNED THEM DOWN,

No


Your


No, fatso, I don't refuse anything. I gratefully accepted the rum cake
and shared it with friends and family who like that kind of thing. As
far as my brother goes, the issue was framed with "IF." He knows I
wouldn't eat it, so he won't even offer it. We respect each other that
way, something which appears to be foreign in your Jerry Springer-esque
dysfunctional family. I find it amusing that you object more to sharing
a rum cake than sharing your wife with your own twin brother. Did you
hear David's belly slapping against Belinda's? Why do you object to
sharing rum cake but not to other blokes -- much less your own brother
-- shagging your wife?


You snipped the evidence of your
lies away again. You seem to
have a preoccupation with fatness.
Is that where your own eating
disorder comes into the picture?
The only reason that you could
possibly think that all vegans have
your disorder must be because
through your eyes that's all you
see, due to having it yourself.


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/



  #37 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Derek
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:32:43 -0400, "Scented Nectar" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:10:47 GMT, usual suspect wrote:
Derek wrote:

I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals

No, I don't refuse anything.


You TURNED THEM DOWN, queer boy; something
you claimed never to have done. You lied.

I accepted the rum cake and shared it with
friends and family who like that kind of thing.


You do not share it; you give it ALL away, liar. You
turn it down behind her back every year, and while
not having the decency to explain why you want to
reject her offer, you make a fool out of her instead
and use her foolishness and good will as a handy
anecdote.

As far as my brother goes, the issue was framed
with "IF." He knows I wouldn't eat it, so he won't
offer it.


Yet IF he did, you would tell him where to shove
it. Here's the quote you don't want SN to read;

unsnip
"My sweet, elderly neighbor bakes me a rum cake every
year for Christmas despite knowing I don't consume eggs,
milk, saturated fats, rum, or sweets. I kindly smile, thank
her for such a sweet gift, and let my friends and/or family
enjoy it (and do they ever). If my brother, though, were to
ask me if I want some venison jerky, I'd just tell him where
he could put it."
usual suspect Jul 15 2003 http://tinyurl.com/7p2xg


I think we have a serious case
here of 'do as I say but not as
I do'.


One of many serious cases, I'm delghted to say.

Usual's obsession with
'orthorexia' makes me think that
when he was vegan, he must have
been one of those rare cases
that cover an eating disorder.


His obsession with everything, from homosexuality
to orthorexia and beyond tells me he probably qualifies
as a candidate for all them.

Did you feel fat, Usual?


Don't offer him venison jerky; there's no telling what
he'll do if you do something like that. Pity his "sweet,
elderly neighbor"; what WOULD that sweet old girl
be thinking if she knew about usual suspect's use
of her yearly kindness for a sneering anecdote.
  #38 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Beach Runner
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So Ususual Suspects invents diseases, points to web pages that don't say
what he tries to convince you of (I posted the web page)

I agree a person might high behind being vegan, but then they are just
as likely to hide beind weight loss.


Scented Nectar wrote:

"usual suspect" wrote in message
. ..

Scented Nectar wrote:

You said he called it an eating disorder. He did not. He said that
people with eating disorders can hide behind a vegan diet. A far cry.

You're right.


No, he isn't.


The thing is though,
he thinks that all vegans have it.


They do.


His quotes don't word it that way,


I believe I've written that all vegans are orthorexic.



Do you believe that you had an
eating disorder back when you
identified as vegan?


...[Vegans are] also out of touch with reality (which is one
reason why I suspect AR/veganism are symptoms of deeper mental
illness; perhaps it will one day be used diagnostically as a
syndrome capturing those who are anti-social, out of touch with
reality, and who have a peculiar eating disorder -- the latter
being orthorexia).
usual suspect: Jun 5 2004

Imbalanced people don't make balanced decisions. That's why
people become "vegans" in the first place.
usual suspect: Dec 4 2004

Veganism is a mental illness. I realize it isn't treated as
such at the moment, but it eventually will be. It's an extreme
form of orthorexia.
usual suspect: Jun 12 2004


but Usual has made it very clear
that he considers all vegans to
be 'orthorexic'.


Correct, and they are.


And as far as people take unusual attention to food, have you hear the
term "Kosher"? Are they sick too? They pay special attention to their
food.

What about Italian cooks who delight in their foods? Are they also


sick?

Usual himself has bragged about
being a good cook and therefore
must enjoy it. Maybe he's sick.


I am a good cook and I do enjoy cooking. I have a balanced approach,
though, about what I'll eat, etc., which distinguishes me from
orthorexics and vegans (who are all, 100%, orthorexics).



You're pretty ****ed up, Usual.


  #39 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Beach Runner
 
Posts: n/a
Default



usual suspect wrote:

And as far as people take unusual attention to food, have you hear the
term "Kosher"?



Yes.

Are they sick too?



Yes.

They pay special attention to their food.



And to the extent that observant Jews have two sets of cookware and a
list of rules about what can and can't be eaten together, it is orthorexic.

So your an anti Semite too.

Hitler would agree with you.
  #40 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Beach Runner
 
Posts: n/a
Default



Beach Runner wrote:

I sent to the site and posted what was said. Unusual Suspects lied. It
did not call vegetarianism an eating disorder. In fact, he said people
could go on becoming vegetarianism.

It said people can hide eating disorders behind vegetarianism.

Unusual Suspects is a liar.

You can not trust any of his URLs or even facts. He is a sick
homophobic individual.

usual suspect wrote:

Bumbling Twit wrote:

You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n



Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic
or bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.



Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.



Veganism IS an eating disorder. You want a website? Try this one,
numb nuts:

www.orthorexia.com

See also:
http://www.compulsiveeating.com/vege...disorder.ht m





Anyone who calls vegan an eating disorder




It is.

in the vegan group



aonly you all is it disorder. Your web sites didn't.

You are also an anti semite.

It's true in the vegan group, it's true outside the vegan group.
That's the nature of truth, nitwit.

is like spreading fire in a crowded circus.




Non sequitur.



  #41 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 03:27 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Skanky wrote:
You said he called it an eating disorder. He did not. He said that
people with eating disorders can hide behind a vegan diet. A far cry.

You're right.


No, he isn't.


The thing is though,
he thinks that all vegans have it.


They do.


His quotes don't word it that way,


I believe I've written that all vegans are orthorexic.


Do you believe that you had an
eating disorder back when you
identified as vegan?


My identification was based on one of the same misconceptions you've
stubbornly refused to give up that veganism is about food. I was wrong
to have assumed that veganism could be divorced from the animal rights
part of it (which I never embraced). The two, though, are inseparable.
The difference between you and me is I admit my mistakes and learn from
them while you incessantly and ridiculously repeat yours.

...[Vegans are] also out of touch with reality (which is one
reason why I suspect AR/veganism are symptoms of deeper mental
illness; perhaps it will one day be used diagnostically as a
syndrome capturing those who are anti-social, out of touch with
reality, and who have a peculiar eating disorder -- the latter
being orthorexia).
usual suspect: Jun 5 2004

Imbalanced people don't make balanced decisions. That's why
people become "vegans" in the first place.
usual suspect: Dec 4 2004

Veganism is a mental illness. I realize it isn't treated as
such at the moment, but it eventually will be. It's an extreme
form of orthorexia.
usual suspect: Jun 12 2004


but Usual has made it very clear
that he considers all vegans to
be 'orthorexic'.


Correct, and they are.


And as far as people take unusual attention to food, have you hear the
term "Kosher"? Are they sick too? They pay special attention to their
food.

What about Italian cooks who delight in their foods? Are they also


sick?

Usual himself has bragged about
being a good cook and therefore
must enjoy it. Maybe he's sick.


I am a good cook and I do enjoy cooking. I have a balanced approach,
though, about what I'll eat, etc., which distinguishes me from
orthorexics and vegans (who are all, 100%, orthorexics).


You're pretty ****ed up, Usual.


So says the clueless urban nitwit who thinks farmers will eventually try
to corner the "veganic" market, which doesn't even exist.
  #42 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 03:50 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Scented Nectar wrote:
You have a serious case of fear
of non-conformity.


I have no fear of anything, much less one of non-conformity or
non-conformists. Given the nature of my own family, I'm quite
comfortable with non-conformity.

You, otoh, have plenty of fears. You have your agoraphobia thanks to
your fear of reality which causes you to smoke pot. Your fears cause you
to seek out other diversions from reality as well, including veganism
(and bullshit "veganics") and probably even this arrested development
(non)sense of "non-conformity" which you say I fear; I suppose it's one
of your defiant still-adolescent refuges you take to keep from facing up
to reality. Indeed, your entire life -- the entire forty-two years of
nothingness -- has been that of a wastrel because you're afraid to face
the real world, and afraid to live your life. You're a prisoner and a
slave to fear. Your greatest fear is ultimately yourself, and who
wouldn't be afraid of your nothing-ness reality.

All the below quotes prove that.


Stop top-posting if you're going to use your lame signature. Decent
newsreaders, like mine, won't quote sigs or what's below them. Nothing I
wrote takes issue with non-conformity, nor implies any fear of it. It
was all about orthorexia, which defines an eating disorder rather than
lack of conformity.
  #43 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 03:52 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Skanky wrote:
I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals


No, I don't refuse anything. I accepted the rum cake and shared it with
friends and family who like that kind of thing. As far as my brother
goes, the issue was framed with "IF." He knows I wouldn't eat it, so he
won't offer it. We respect each other that way, something which appears
to be foreign in your Jerry Springer-esque dysfunctional family. Did you
hear David's belly slapping against Belinda's?


Ohhh,


You and Dreck are both self-crippled. His is physical, yours is mental
and emotional.
  #44 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .

Just an aside to your 'support
our troops' bit, why don't any of
the members of the Young
Republicans enlist? Why haven't
YOU enlisted?

Skanky wrote:
You said he called it an eating disorder. He did not. He said that
people with eating disorders can hide behind a vegan diet. A far cry.

You're right.

No, he isn't.


The thing is though,
he thinks that all vegans have it.

They do.


His quotes don't word it that way,

I believe I've written that all vegans are orthorexic.


Do you believe that you had an
eating disorder back when you
identified as vegan?


My identification was based on one of the same misconceptions you've
stubbornly refused to give up that veganism is about food. I was wrong
to have assumed that veganism could be divorced from the animal rights
part of it (which I never embraced). The two, though, are inseparable.
The difference between you and me is I admit my mistakes and learn from
them while you incessantly and ridiculously repeat yours.


Nonsense. For many vegans, it's
purely about food. The modern
definition is based on food, and
the original one based soley on
animal rights.
http://www.websters-online-dictionar...finition/vegan

...[Vegans are] also out of touch with reality (which is one
reason why I suspect AR/veganism are symptoms of deeper mental
illness; perhaps it will one day be used diagnostically as a
syndrome capturing those who are anti-social, out of touch with
reality, and who have a peculiar eating disorder -- the latter
being orthorexia).
usual suspect: Jun 5 2004

Imbalanced people don't make balanced decisions. That's why
people become "vegans" in the first place.
usual suspect: Dec 4 2004

Veganism is a mental illness. I realize it isn't treated as
such at the moment, but it eventually will be. It's an extreme
form of orthorexia.
usual suspect: Jun 12 2004


but Usual has made it very clear
that he considers all vegans to
be 'orthorexic'.

Correct, and they are.


And as far as people take unusual attention to food, have you hear the
term "Kosher"? Are they sick too? They pay special attention to

their
food.

What about Italian cooks who delight in their foods? Are they also


sick?

Usual himself has bragged about
being a good cook and therefore
must enjoy it. Maybe he's sick.

I am a good cook and I do enjoy cooking. I have a balanced approach,
though, about what I'll eat, etc., which distinguishes me from
orthorexics and vegans (who are all, 100%, orthorexics).


You're pretty ****ed up, Usual.


So says the clueless urban nitwit who thinks farmers will eventually try
to corner the "veganic" market, which doesn't even exist.


No Usual, you are pretty ****ed up.
I suspect that in your case you
truly were/are orthorexic. Why
else would you so strongly assume
that all other vegans are?


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/


  #45 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 04:02 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Skanky wrote:
Claire's self-crippled and morbidly obese Uncle Dreck wrote:

I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals

No, I don't refuse anything.

You TURNED THEM DOWN,

No

Your


No, fatso, I don't refuse anything. I gratefully accepted the rum cake
and shared it with friends and family who like that kind of thing. As
far as my brother goes, the issue was framed with "IF." He knows I
wouldn't eat it, so he won't even offer it. We respect each other that
way, something which appears to be foreign in your Jerry Springer-esque
dysfunctional family. I find it amusing that you object more to sharing
a rum cake than sharing your wife with your own twin brother. Did you
hear David's belly slapping against Belinda's? Why do you object to
sharing rum cake but not to other blokes -- much less your own brother
-- shagging your wife?


You snipped the evidence


That wasn't evidence. I admit I shared the rum cake with family and
friends. The real question is, What would Dreck do if someone were to
offer him the same cake? Bear in mind he's such a twit that he shunned
black olives because he was misinformed about the brine in which they're
cured.

I used to eat black olives up until a few months ago, but
stopped after realising they swim around in squid ink, or
something close to it. I'm always ready to make changes to
maintain my ethical standard.
-- Derek Nash, http://tinyurl.com/dcyr3

Would his "ethical standard" preclude him from eating a cake which
contained eggs and other ingredients of animal origin, or just olives
which he ignorantly believes "swim around in squid ink"? Would his
sanctimonious ethics preclude him from giving that cake to people whose
morals were a little looser than his own (like, maybe, his brother and
wife)?

You seem to have a preoccupation with fatness.


It's not a preoccupation. Dreck has been kind enough to admit his weight
and even to post pictures of him sleeping with his dog (nothing untoward
shown in the pics or intended in my remarks). He further has admitted to
his insatiety when eating. As a result of his gluttony and lack of
exercise, he's become one of the world's fattest vegans. He's evidence
that veganism isn't inherently healthier than any other diet, only that
it comes with a lot of hollow sanctimony. I like to point to him when
people talk about how veganism is healthier or that vegans are slim and
trim. Vegans who don't over-eat may be, but so, too, are those
non-vegans who are sensible in diet and exercise.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017