Scented Nectar

Default Burgers From a Lab?

http://tinyurl.com/doty9

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/doty9

Cool, that would put yet another dent in the mindless vegan (I know
that's redundant) chatter about abusing animals, factory farming, etc.
dh@.

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:06:50 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/doty9

That would prevent the lives of billions of animals, which is
what the gross misnomer "Animal Rights" is all about.
Rudy Canoza

dh@. wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:06:50 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:
>

>>http://tinyurl.com/doty9

> That would prevent the lives of billions of animals,

Not a moral issue, ****wit.
usual suspect

****wit wrote:
>>http://tinyurl.com/doty9

> That would prevent the lives of billions of animals, which

....is specious and an irrelevant consideration.

Scented Nectar

wrote:

> >http://tinyurl.com/doty9

> That would prevent the lives of billions of animals, which is
> what the gross misnomer "Animal Rights" is all about

That doesn't matter. It would
be a way to prevent the cruelty
and at the same time allow
meat eaters to still eat meat.

dh@.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 03:21:50 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:06:50 -0400, "Scented Nectar" >

>wrote:
>>
>> >http://tinyurl.com/doty9

>> That would prevent the lives of billions of animals, which is
>> what the gross misnomer "Animal Rights" is all about

>That doesn't matter.

Right. It only matters until that happens...after it happens there will
be nothing left to consider but CDs. You're already in that position...
the only thing that matters in your diet are CDs. Nothing else in your
diet means anything in regards to cruelty to animals.

>It would
>be a way to prevent the cruelty

It would also prevent the decent and good lives. Whatever good
there is in decent life experiences for billions of animals would be
prevented as well as the cruelty. There would be nothing left but
the cruelty involved with CDs.

>and at the same time allow
>meat eaters to still eat meat.

Do you think it would be better if when food animals are born,
they be put into a comatose conditon so that they never experience
consciousness and never learn of life or anything else?
Rudy Canoza

dh@. wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 03:21:50 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>> That would prevent the lives of billions of animals, which is
>>>what the gross misnomer "Animal Rights" is all about

>>That doesn't matter.

> Right.

Right. So you have no point. **** off, shut up and
get out - you're done.
Scented Nectar

wrote:

> ><dh@.> wrote in message

> >> That would prevent the lives of billions of animals, which is
> >> what the gross misnomer "Animal Rights" is all about

> >That doesn't matter.

> Right. It only matters until that happens...after it happens there

will
> be nothing left to consider but CDs. You're already in that position...
> the only thing that matters in your diet are CDs. Nothing else in your
> diet means anything in regards to cruelty to animals.

True, and I wish there currently
was a way to eliminate cds, but
it may never happen. Mice and
rats are similar to humans in the
fact that we both reproduce too
excessively and beyond our
abilities to feed everyone. Then,
territorially and class-wise based
starvation and catastrophies occur.
Anyways, where I'm going with
this is as long as there are any
survivors, there will be plentiful
other field animals each year,
even after catastrophic events
like a plowing.

> >It would
> >be a way to prevent the cruelty

> It would also prevent the decent and good lives. Whatever good
> there is in decent life experiences for billions of animals would be
> prevented as well as the cruelty. There would be nothing left but
> the cruelty involved with CDs.

There would still be enough kept
as hobby farm animals. Unless
some law is passed making raising
and eating these animals illegal,
and that's doubtful, then there
will still be some around. Also,
don't forget there are wild
populations of many farmed
animals. There would be no
extinctions, just a lessening
of numbers. The lab meat would
simply make meat cheaper
and easier to produce. Also,
for people who don't want to
give up meat, but want to reduce
their cruelty to animals, lab meat
could help.

> >and at the same time allow
> >meat eaters to still eat meat.

> Do you think it would be better if when food animals are born,
> they be put into a comatose conditon so that they never experience
> consciousness and never learn of life or anything else?

It depends on what kind of life
they would be facing otherwise.
In many cases it would be a
mercy, although not very
practical, plus, how would they
eat and plump up? And also
the eater of that meat would
get all sleepy and unconscious
because of the coma drugs.

dh@.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:13:07 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 03:21:50 -0400, "Scented Nectar" >

>wrote:
>>
>> ><dh@.> wrote in message

.. .

>> >That doesn't matter.

>> Right. It only matters until that happens...after it happens there

>will
>> be nothing left to consider but CDs. You're already in that position...
>> the only thing that matters in your diet are CDs. Nothing else in your
>> diet means anything in regards to cruelty to animals.

>True, and I wish there currently
>was a way to eliminate cds, but
>it may never happen. Mice and
>rats are similar to humans in the
>fact that we both reproduce too
>excessively and beyond our
>abilities to feed everyone. Then,
>territorially and class-wise based
>starvation and catastrophies occur.
>Anyways, where I'm going with
>this is as long as there are any
>survivors, there will be plentiful
>other field animals each year,
>even after catastrophic events
>like a plowing.

You're only supposed to care about death, not life.
I'm the only person around here who's supposed to
acknowledge the lives of animals as well as their
deaths.

>> >It would
>> >be a way to prevent the cruelty

>> It would also prevent the decent and good lives. Whatever good
>> there is in decent life experiences for billions of animals would be
>> prevented as well as the cruelty. There would be nothing left but
>> the cruelty involved with CDs.

>There would still be enough kept
>as hobby farm animals. Unless
>some law is passed making raising
>and eating these animals illegal,
>and that's doubtful, then there
>will still be some around. Also,
>don't forget there are wild
>populations of many farmed
>animals. There would be no
>extinctions, just a lessening
>of numbers. The lab meat would
>simply make meat cheaper
>and easier to produce. Also,
>for people who don't want to
>give up meat, but want to reduce
>their cruelty to animals, lab meat
>could help.
>
>> >and at the same time allow
>> >meat eaters to still eat meat.

>> Do you think it would be better if when food animals are born,
>> they be put into a comatose conditon so that they never experience
>> consciousness and never learn of life or anything else?

>It depends on what kind of life
>they would be facing otherwise.

Sometimes you pretend to care about things like
that, and other times you act like it doesn't matter.
Why can't you be consistent? Either quality of life
does matter, or it doesn't in regards to whether or
not life is worth living. If you're in favor of "AR" you
must feel that it does not matter like Dutch, Goo
and Derek, but that raising animals for food is pure
exploitation and that no farm animals have ever
benefitted from farming. That's the difference
between "AR" and AW. We've been through it
before. You really should decide which you're going
to side with imo.

Rudy Canoza wrote:
> dh@. wrote:

> >>That doesn't matter.

> > Right.

> Right. So you have no point. **** off, shut up and
> get out - you're done.

Hey Goo!

we're waiting for you on the "Anticipation" thread.
get your goober ass over there and start explaining.

Gerbil pumpin' jonnie

Scented Nectar wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/doty9
>

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

If it was BOOGERS from the lab, ~jonnie~ would be buying them by the
ton.

Scented Nectar

wrote:

> ><dh@.> wrote in message

> .. .

> >> Right. It only matters until that happens...after it happens there

> >will
> >> be nothing left to consider but CDs. You're already in that position...
> >> the only thing that matters in your diet are CDs. Nothing else in your
> >> diet means anything in regards to cruelty to animals.

> >True, and I wish there currently
> >was a way to eliminate cds, but
> >it may never happen. Mice and
> >rats are similar to humans in the
> >fact that we both reproduce too
> >excessively and beyond our
> >abilities to feed everyone. Then,
> >territorially and class-wise based
> >starvation and catastrophies occur.
> >Anyways, where I'm going with
> >this is as long as there are any
> >survivors, there will be plentiful
> >other field animals each year,
> >even after catastrophic events
> >like a plowing.

> You're only supposed to care about death, not life.
> I'm the only person around here who's supposed to
> acknowledge the lives of animals as well as their
> deaths.

I never follow the rules.

> >> It would also prevent the decent and good lives. Whatever good
> >> there is in decent life experiences for billions of animals would be
> >> prevented as well as the cruelty. There would be nothing left but
> >> the cruelty involved with CDs.

> >There would still be enough kept
> >as hobby farm animals. Unless
> >some law is passed making raising
> >and eating these animals illegal,
> >and that's doubtful, then there
> >will still be some around. Also,
> >don't forget there are wild
> >populations of many farmed
> >animals. There would be no
> >extinctions, just a lessening
> >of numbers. The lab meat would
> >simply make meat cheaper
> >and easier to produce. Also,
> >for people who don't want to
> >give up meat, but want to reduce
> >their cruelty to animals, lab meat
> >could help.

> >> Do you think it would be better if when food animals are born,
> >> they be put into a comatose conditon so that they never experience
> >> consciousness and never learn of life or anything else?

> >It depends on what kind of life
> >they would be facing otherwise.

> Sometimes you pretend to care about things like
> that, and other times you act like it doesn't matter.
> Why can't you be consistent? Either quality of life
> does matter, or it doesn't in regards to whether or
> not life is worth living. If you're in favor of "AR" you
> must feel that it does not matter like Dutch, Goo
> and Derek, but that raising animals for food is pure
> exploitation and that no farm animals have ever
> benefitted from farming. That's the difference
> between "AR" and AW. We've been through it
> before. You really should decide which you're going
> to side with imo.

Maybe I don't fit either category
as you describe it. I would like to
see factory farms gone completely
yet I don't want to see any domestic
animal go extinct. I would also like
to see cds eliminated, but I can't
think of any way to practically do
that.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"Gerbil pumpin' jonnie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/doty9
> >

> > --
> > SN
> > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> > A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> > Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

> If it was BOOGERS from the lab, ~jonnie~ would be buying them by the
> ton.

Yikes!! )) I wonder does he
cook them or eat them raw?

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
> True, and I wish there currently
> was a way to eliminate cds,

We've given you suggestions how to reduce or even eliminate them from
YOUR consumption. You've stubbornly refused to practice what you preach.

usual suspect wrote:
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > True, and I wish there currently
> > was a way to eliminate cds,

> We've given you suggestions how to reduce or even eliminate them from
> YOUR consumption. You've stubbornly refused to practice what you preach.

Yeh...sure...whatever ~jonnie~. Have another plate full of boogers.

Scented Nectar wrote:
> "Gerbil pumpin' jonnie" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >

> > Scented Nectar wrote:
> > > http://tinyurl.com/doty9
> > >

> > > --
> > > SN
> > > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> > > A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> > > Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

> > If it was BOOGERS from the lab, ~jonnie~ would be buying them by the
> > ton.

> Yikes!! )) I wonder does he
> cook them or eat them raw?

raw.......by the handful.

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > True, and I wish there currently
> > was a way to eliminate cds,

> We've given you suggestions how to reduce or even eliminate them from
> YOUR consumption. You've stubbornly refused to practice what you preach.

Oh, not this garbage again, as
per Usual.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:
> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>Scented Nectar wrote:
>>
>>>True, and I wish there currently
>>>was a way to eliminate cds,

>>We've given you suggestions how to reduce or even eliminate them from
>>YOUR consumption. You've stubbornly refused to practice what you preach.

> Oh, not this garbage again,

It's not garbage. They're feasible - for someone who
REALLY means what she says about believing it to be
wrong to kill animals. Obviously, you don't really
believe it.
Scented Nectar

"Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > "usual suspect" > wrote in message
> > .. .

> >>We've given you suggestions how to reduce or even eliminate them from
> >>YOUR consumption. You've stubbornly refused to practice what you preach.

> > Oh, not this garbage again,

> It's not garbage. They're feasible - for someone who
> REALLY means what she says about believing it to be
> wrong to kill animals. Obviously, you don't really
> believe it.

At least I do what I reasonably
can. You don't even do that.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:

> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>
>>Scented Nectar wrote:
>>
>>>"usual suspect" > wrote in message
m...

>>>Oh, not this garbage again,

>>It's not garbage. They're feasible - for someone who
>>REALLY means what she says about believing it to be
>>wrong to kill animals. Obviously, you don't really
>>believe it.

> At least I do what I reasonably
> can.

You don't do anything but lip service. It's empty air.

> You don't even do that.

I'm not the one who staked out a ****witted,
impossible, goofy ethics. You are. You're under a
different standard as a result.
dh@.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:20:33 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:13:07 -0400, "Scented Nectar" >

>wrote:
>>
>> ><dh@.> wrote in message

.. .

>> .. .

>> >will
>> >
>> >True, and I wish there currently
>> >was a way to eliminate cds, but
>> >it may never happen. Mice and
>> >rats are similar to humans in the
>> >fact that we both reproduce too
>> >excessively and beyond our
>> >abilities to feed everyone. Then,
>> >territorially and class-wise based
>> >starvation and catastrophies occur.
>> >Anyways, where I'm going with
>> >this is as long as there are any
>> >survivors, there will be plentiful
>> >other field animals each year,
>> >even after catastrophic events
>> >like a plowing.

>> You're only supposed to care about death, not life.
>> I'm the only person around here who's supposed to
>> acknowledge the lives of animals as well as their
>> deaths.

>I never follow the rules.

Well if you're going to encourage consideration of
their lives, then go a little stronger at it would ya'?
I'd be interested in Goo's reaction if you did that.

>> >There would still be enough kept
>> >as hobby farm animals. Unless
>> >some law is passed making raising
>> >and eating these animals illegal,
>> >and that's doubtful, then there
>> >will still be some around. Also,
>> >don't forget there are wild
>> >populations of many farmed
>> >animals. There would be no
>> >extinctions, just a lessening
>> >of numbers. The lab meat would
>> >simply make meat cheaper
>> >and easier to produce. Also,
>> >for people who don't want to
>> >give up meat, but want to reduce
>> >their cruelty to animals, lab meat
>> >could help.

>> >It depends on what kind of life
>> >they would be facing otherwise.

>> Sometimes you pretend to care about things like
>> that, and other times you act like it doesn't matter.
>> Why can't you be consistent? Either quality of life
>> does matter, or it doesn't in regards to whether or
>> not life is worth living. If you're in favor of "AR" you
>> must feel that it does not matter like Dutch, Goo
>> and Derek, but that raising animals for food is pure
>> exploitation and that no farm animals have ever
>> benefitted from farming. That's the difference
>> between "AR" and AW. We've been through it
>> before. You really should decide which you're going
>> to side with imo.

>Maybe I don't fit either category
>as you describe it. I would like to
>see factory farms gone completely
>yet I don't want to see any domestic
>animal go extinct.

AFAIK there are 3 possibilities:

1. stop raising animals for food.
2. raise them but don't worry about quality of life.
3. raise them and deliberately provide them with
decent lives.

>I would also like
>to see cds eliminated, but I can't
>think of any way to practically do
>that.

The only way is to eliminate the lives that would
become cds. If people could prevent life in crop fields
then there it would be. As I point out, the "AR" concept
is not about providing rights, it's about preventing life.
dh@.

On 10 Jul 2005 12:45:47 -0700, wrote:

>Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> dh@. wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/doty9

>> > Right.

>> Right. So you have no point. **** off, shut up and
>> get out - you're done.

>Hey Goo!
>
>we're waiting for you on the "Anticipation" thread.
>get your goober ass over there and start explaining.

When it comes to explaining his absurd beliefs,
Goo has reliably been a failure and a coward.
Scented Nectar

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:20:33 -0400, "Scented Nectar"

> wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message

> .. .

> >> .. .

there

position...

your

> >> You're only supposed to care about death, not life.
> >> I'm the only person around here who's supposed to
> >> acknowledge the lives of animals as well as their
> >> deaths.

> >I never follow the rules.

> Well if you're going to encourage consideration of
> their lives, then go a little stronger at it would ya'?
> I'd be interested in Goo's reaction if you did that.

Well, let's see. I wonder what
Gooby thinks of this. If the
field animals didn't repopulate
every year there would be no
new cds on the farm. But they
do, so at least they are not
going extinct. One could say
that the animals are choosing
a life that may be short for the
chance at plentiful food for
most of the season. They
could go live in a wild field
instead and have less fatalities
but they've chosen to buy the
farm.

> >> Sometimes you pretend to care about things like
> >> that, and other times you act like it doesn't matter.
> >> Why can't you be consistent? Either quality of life
> >> does matter, or it doesn't in regards to whether or
> >> not life is worth living. If you're in favor of "AR" you
> >> must feel that it does not matter like Dutch, Goo
> >> and Derek, but that raising animals for food is pure
> >> exploitation and that no farm animals have ever
> >> benefitted from farming. That's the difference
> >> between "AR" and AW. We've been through it
> >> before. You really should decide which you're going
> >> to side with imo.

> >Maybe I don't fit either category
> >as you describe it. I would like to
> >see factory farms gone completely
> >yet I don't want to see any domestic
> >animal go extinct.

> AFAIK there are 3 possibilities:
>
> 1. stop raising animals for food.
> 2. raise them but don't worry about quality of life.
> 3. raise them and deliberately provide them with
> decent lives.

I would choose in the following
order, 1,3, then 2. I still don't
like the idea of killing them for
food, but they could make great
farm pets so as to prevent
extinction. Since I doubt by
far that 1. will ever happen, it
looks like 3. wins out.

> >I would also like
> >to see cds eliminated, but I can't
> >think of any way to practically do
> >that.

> The only way is to eliminate the lives that would
> become cds. If people could prevent life in crop fields
> then there it would be. As I point out, the "AR" concept
> is not about providing rights, it's about preventing life.

I'm ok with that if the life would
have been a miserable one.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> > "Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
> > nk.net...

> m...

preach.

> >>It's not garbage. They're feasible - for someone who
> >>REALLY means what she says about believing it to be
> >>wrong to kill animals. Obviously, you don't really
> >>believe it.

> > At least I do what I reasonably
> > can.

> You don't do anything but lip service. It's empty air.

In your opinion, which doesn't
count for much.

> > You don't even do that.

> I'm not the one who staked out a ****witted,
> impossible, goofy ethics. You are. You're under a
> different standard as a result.

I determine my standards, not you,
Gooby. What's so impossible about
doing the best one reasonably can?
Also, if you call people immature
insults like ****wit, then people will
return in kind with words like Gooby
for you.

dh@.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:30:21 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:20:33 -0400, "Scented Nectar"

> wrote:
>>
>> ><dh@.> wrote in message

.. .

>> .. .

>there

>position...

>your

>> >I never follow the rules.

>> Well if you're going to encourage consideration of
>> their lives, then go a little stronger at it would ya'?
>> I'd be interested in Goo's reaction if you did that.

>Well, let's see. I wonder what
>Gooby thinks of this. If the
>field animals didn't repopulate
>every year there would be no
>new cds on the farm. But they
>do, so at least they are not
>going extinct.

Try placing some value on the life experience
of the animals.

>One could say
>that the animals are choosing
>a life that may be short for the
>chance at plentiful food for
>most of the season. They
>could go live in a wild field
>instead and have less fatalities
>but they've chosen to buy the
>farm.

They're not in a position to make that choice,
because they don't know the situation.

>> >Maybe I don't fit either category
>> >as you describe it. I would like to
>> >see factory farms gone completely
>> >yet I don't want to see any domestic
>> >animal go extinct.

>> AFAIK there are 3 possibilities:
>>
>> 1. stop raising animals for food.
>> 2. raise them but don't worry about quality of life.
>> 3. raise them and deliberately provide them with
>> decent lives.

>I would choose in the following
>order, 1,

Then you're in favor or their elimination.

>3, then 2. I still don't
>like the idea of killing them for
>food,

Then you're opposed to them living for food.

>but they could make great
>farm pets so as to prevent
>extinction.

Not if provided a right to freedom.

>Since I doubt by
>far that 1. will ever happen, it
>looks like 3. wins out.

That means life for billions of animals.

>> >I would also like
>> >to see cds eliminated, but I can't
>> >think of any way to practically do
>> >that.

>> The only way is to eliminate the lives that would
>> become cds. If people could prevent life in crop fields
>> then there it would be. As I point out, the "AR" concept
>> is not about providing rights, it's about preventing life.

>I'm ok with that if the life would
>have been a miserable one.

How about if it would have been a decent one?

Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> > "Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
> > nk.net...

> m...

> >>It's not garbage. They're feasible - for someone who
> >>REALLY means what she says about believing it to be
> >>wrong to kill animals. Obviously, you don't really
> >>believe it.

> > At least I do what I reasonably
> > can.

> You don't do anything but lip service. It's empty air.

and all you do Gooby is punch away at empty air.

Why not grow some gonads and take my ice cream experiment?

Eat 8 fl. oz. of ice cream daily without fail for 6 full months.

> > You don't even do that.

> I'm not the one who staked out a ****witted,
> impossible, goofy ethics. You are. You're under a
> different standard as a result.

usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
>>>True, and I wish there currently
>>>was a way to eliminate cds,

>>We've given you suggestions how to reduce or even eliminate them from
>>YOUR consumption. You've stubbornly refused to practice what you preach.

> Oh, not this

You know you can reduce or eliminate CDs. You just object to doing it.
Why do you refuse to stop killing animals, Skanky?
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>>Oh, not this garbage again,

>>It's not garbage. They're feasible - for someone who
>>REALLY means what she says about believing it to be
>>wrong to kill animals. Obviously, you don't really
>>believe it.

> At least I do

nothing. You SAY one thing and DO another. You refuse to do even simple
things to reduce CDs because your platitudes about saving animals are
empty -- a load of bullshit.
Scented Nectar

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:30:21 -0400, "Scented Nectar"

> wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message

> .. .

> >> .. .

is

> >there

> >position...

> >your

> >> Well if you're going to encourage consideration of
> >> their lives, then go a little stronger at it would ya'?
> >> I'd be interested in Goo's reaction if you did that.

> >Well, let's see. I wonder what
> >Gooby thinks of this. If the
> >field animals didn't repopulate
> >every year there would be no
> >new cds on the farm. But they
> >do, so at least they are not
> >going extinct.

> Try placing some value on the life experience
> of the animals.

Except for the shorter life
spans and the bad type of
death, the future cds have
life as good as it gets in the
wild.

> >One could say
> >that the animals are choosing
> >a life that may be short for the
> >chance at plentiful food for
> >most of the season. They
> >could go live in a wild field
> >instead and have less fatalities
> >but they've chosen to buy the
> >farm.

> They're not in a position to make that choice,
> because they don't know the situation.

Actually, you're right. Natural
selection would favour the ones
who survived that year, meaning
the ones who are not afraid to
don't associate it with harm.

good

be

born,

experience

> >> AFAIK there are 3 possibilities:
> >>
> >> 1. stop raising animals for food.
> >> 2. raise them but don't worry about quality of life.
> >> 3. raise them and deliberately provide them with
> >> decent lives.

> >I would choose in the following
> >order, 1,

> Then you're in favor or their elimination.

Mostly. I don't want to see any
extinctions though, just the
elimination of for-food animals.

> >3, then 2. I still don't
> >like the idea of killing them for
> >food,

> Then you're opposed to them living for food.

Yes.

> >but they could make great
> >farm pets so as to prevent
> >extinction.

> Not if provided a right to freedom.

There are already wild populations
of most farmed animals. But the
ones that already exist, are not
trained from birth to live in the
wild.

> >Since I doubt by
> >far that 1. will ever happen, it
> >looks like 3. wins out.

> That means life for billions of animals.

Not necessarily good lives.

> >> The only way is to eliminate the lives that would
> >> become cds. If people could prevent life in crop fields
> >> then there it would be. As I point out, the "AR" concept
> >> is not about providing rights, it's about preventing life.

> >I'm ok with that if the life would
> >have been a miserable one.

> How about if it would have been a decent one?

If it's a decent life, then I think
that people should not kill them
so young, ending their good
lives. Ideally I would like to see
them not killed at all.

dh@.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:26:05 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:30:21 -0400, "Scented Nectar"

> wrote:
>>
>> ><dh@.> wrote in message

.. .

>> .. .

>is

>> >there
>> >position...
>> >your

>> >Well, let's see. I wonder what
>> >Gooby thinks of this. If the
>> >field animals didn't repopulate
>> >every year there would be no
>> >new cds on the farm. But they
>> >do, so at least they are not
>> >going extinct.

>> Try placing some value on the life experience
>> of the animals.

>Except for the shorter life
>spans and the bad type of
>death, the future cds have
>life as good as it gets in the
>wild.

Some do and some don't.

>> >One could say
>> >that the animals are choosing
>> >a life that may be short for the
>> >chance at plentiful food for
>> >most of the season. They
>> >could go live in a wild field
>> >instead and have less fatalities
>> >but they've chosen to buy the
>> >farm.

>> They're not in a position to make that choice,
>> because they don't know the situation.

>Actually, you're right. Natural
>selection would favour the ones
>who survived that year, meaning
>the ones who are not afraid to
>don't associate it with harm.

They must be prevented in order to prevent their deaths.

>good

>be

>born,

>experience

>> >I would choose in the following
>> >order, 1,

>> Then you're in favor or their elimination.

>Mostly. I don't want to see any
>extinctions though, just the
>elimination of for-food animals.

The for-food animals would be extinct.

· The meat industry includes habitats in which a small
variety of animals are raised. The animals in those
habitats, as those in any other, are completely dependant
on them to not only sustain their lives, but they also
depend on them to provide the pairing of sperm and egg
that begin their particular existence. Those animals will
only live if people continue to raise them for food.

Animals that are born to other groups--such as wild
animals, pets, performing animals, etc.--are completely
different groups of animals. Regardless of how many or few
animals are born to these other groups, the billions of animals
which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
for their existence. ·

>> >3, then 2. I still don't
>> >like the idea of killing them for
>> >food,

>> Then you're opposed to them living for food.

>Yes.
>
>> >but they could make great
>> >farm pets so as to prevent
>> >extinction.

>> Not if provided a right to freedom.

>There are already wild populations
>of most farmed animals. But the
>ones that already exist, are not
>trained from birth to live in the
>wild.
>
>> >Since I doubt by
>> >far that 1. will ever happen, it
>> >looks like 3. wins out.

>> That means life for billions of animals.

>Not necessarily good lives.

>> >I'm ok with that if the life would
>> >have been a miserable one.

>> How about if it would have been a decent one?

>If it's a decent life, then I think
>that people should not kill them
>so young, ending their good
>lives. Ideally I would like to see
>them not killed at all.

· Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·
Scented Nectar

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:26:05 -0400, "Scented Nectar"

> wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message

> .. .

> >> .. .

which
> >is

happens

in

> >> Try placing some value on the life experience
> >> of the animals.

> >Except for the shorter life
> >spans and the bad type of
> >death, the future cds have
> >life as good as it gets in the
> >wild.

> Some do and some don't.

Life in the wild varies.

> >> They're not in a position to make that choice,
> >> because they don't know the situation.

> >Actually, you're right. Natural
> >selection would favour the ones
> >who survived that year, meaning
> >the ones who are not afraid to
> >don't associate it with harm.

> They must be prevented in order to prevent their deaths.

That would require the ridding
of a field of them, and then putting
up special fences so they don't get
back in. I doubt most farmers
would do that.

> >good

would
> >be

but

> >born,

> >experience

> >> Then you're in favor or their elimination.

> >Mostly. I don't want to see any
> >extinctions though, just the
> >elimination of for-food animals.

> The for-food animals would be extinct.

No. There are feral versions of
every food animal I can think of.

> · The meat industry includes habitats in which a small
> variety of animals are raised. The animals in those
> habitats, as those in any other, are completely dependant
> on them to not only sustain their lives, but they also
> depend on them to provide the pairing of sperm and egg
> that begin their particular existence. Those animals will
> only live if people continue to raise them for food.

As long as there is no threat of
endangerment or extiction, the
future unborn don't matter. If it
did, then every period I've had
is a death of a future person, and
every egg is a death of a future
chick.

> Animals that are born to other groups--such as wild
> animals, pets, performing animals, etc.--are completely
> different groups of animals. Regardless of how many or few
> animals are born to these other groups, the billions of animals
> which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
> for their existence. ·

The numbers of unborn don't matter.
Their lives don't matter until at least
the moment they have the benefit of
life to begin with.

> >> Then you're opposed to them living for food.

> >Yes.

> >> Not if provided a right to freedom.

> >There are already wild populations
> >of most farmed animals. But the
> >ones that already exist, are not
> >trained from birth to live in the
> >wild.

> >> That means life for billions of animals.

> >Not necessarily good lives.

> >> How about if it would have been a decent one?

> >If it's a decent life, then I think
> >that people should not kill them
> >so young, ending their good
> >lives. Ideally I would like to see
> >them not killed at all.

> · Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
> if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
> reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
> we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
> killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
> of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
> experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

What most experience is a bad
life. Without that as a qualifier
against the above, I can't agree
even in part. In the case of wild
life variations in quality, that's a
little different.

dh@.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:41:49 -0400, "Scented Nectar" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>> The for-food animals would be extinct.

>No. There are feral versions of
>every food animal I can think of.

It doesn't matter if there are, since they are not for-food
animals which is what I was referring to.

>> · The meat industry includes habitats in which a small
>> variety of animals are raised. The animals in those
>> habitats, as those in any other, are completely dependant
>> on them to not only sustain their lives, but they also
>> depend on them to provide the pairing of sperm and egg
>> that begin their particular existence. Those animals will
>> only live if people continue to raise them for food.

>As long as there is no threat of
>endangerment or extiction, the
>future unborn don't matter.

The extinction you keep going on about doesn't have
anything to do with whether or not what we're doing is
cruel to the animals, and that's what we're supposed to
be discussing. The extinction thing you have doesn't matter
any more than what your favorite color is, so let's just quit
with that. It doesn't matter if animals are prevented unless
someone would rather see them provided with decent lives
instead. If they do live, that's what matters.

>If it
>did, then every period I've had
>is a death of a future person, and
>every egg is a death of a future
>chick.
>
>> Animals that are born to other groups--such as wild
>> animals, pets, performing animals, etc.--are completely
>> different groups of animals. Regardless of how many or few
>> animals are born to these other groups, the billions of animals
>> which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
>> for their existence. ·

>The numbers of unborn don't matter.

The ones that are born do matter. Not to you. Not to Goo.
But they matter to the animals, and that's what I consider.

>Their lives don't matter until at least
>the moment they have the benefit of
>life to begin with.

>> >Yes.

>> >There are already wild populations
>> >of most farmed animals. But the
>> >ones that already exist, are not
>> >trained from birth to live in the
>> >wild.

>> >Not necessarily good lives.

>> >If it's a decent life, then I think
>> >that people should not kill them
>> >so young, ending their good
>> >lives. Ideally I would like to see
>> >them not killed at all.

>> · Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
>> if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
>> reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
>> we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
>> killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
>> of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
>> experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

>What most experience is a bad
>life. Without that as a qualifier
>against the above, I can't agree
>even in part. In the case of wild
>life variations in quality, that's a
>little different.

It's very different in respect to the fact that we have a lot
less control over the condtions. But it still always comes down
to the same thing for wildlife as well as domestic animals, and
you, and me...quality of life is what determines whether it has
a positive or negative value. To me decent lives have a
positive value. To you I guess that's not always true, and
maybe it's not, but I still feel that it does. So I feel just as good
about seeing livestock and wildlife in grazing areas as I do
about seeing fields of crops, and often I feel better about it.
I feel just as good thinking about a bunch of dairy cows in a
warm barn as I do about deer starving and freezing to death
someplace...etc...etc...etc...
Scented Nectar

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:41:49 -0400, "Scented Nectar"

> wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message

> >> The for-food animals would be extinct.

> >No. There are feral versions of
> >every food animal I can think of.

> It doesn't matter if there are, since they are not for-food
> animals which is what I was referring to.

There are feral pigs, chickens,
turkeys, etc. I don't know about
sheep and goats. As for their
relatives made captive by us,
there is no need for us to
continue to do that. We don't
owe it to any future unborn
animals.

> >> · The meat industry includes habitats in which a small
> >> variety of animals are raised. The animals in those
> >> habitats, as those in any other, are completely dependant
> >> on them to not only sustain their lives, but they also
> >> depend on them to provide the pairing of sperm and egg
> >> that begin their particular existence. Those animals will
> >> only live if people continue to raise them for food.

> >As long as there is no threat of
> >endangerment or extiction, the
> >future unborn don't matter.

> The extinction you keep going on about doesn't have
> anything to do with whether or not what we're doing is
> cruel to the animals, and that's what we're supposed to
> be discussing. The extinction thing you have doesn't matter
> any more than what your favorite color is, so let's just quit
> with that. It doesn't matter if animals are prevented unless
> someone would rather see them provided with decent lives
> instead. If they do live, that's what matters.

The extinction factor is important.
If there were no wild ones, and
captive ones only, then I would say
keep them (but in good conditions
of course) so they don't go extinct.
Otherwise, there's no need to
keep raising them.

> >If it
> >did, then every period I've had
> >is a death of a future person, and
> >every egg is a death of a future
> >chick.
> >
> >> Animals that are born to other groups--such as wild
> >> animals, pets, performing animals, etc.--are completely
> >> different groups of animals. Regardless of how many or few
> >> animals are born to these other groups, the billions of animals
> >> which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
> >> for their existence. ·

> >The numbers of unborn don't matter.

> The ones that are born do matter. Not to you. Not to Goo.
> But they matter to the animals, and that's what I consider.

But you want that cycle to perpetuate,
regardless of the conditions.

> >Their lives don't matter until at least
> >the moment they have the benefit of
> >life to begin with.

> >> · Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
> >> if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
> >> reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
> >> we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
> >> killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
> >> of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
> >> experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

> >What most experience is a bad
> >life. Without that as a qualifier
> >against the above, I can't agree
> >even in part. In the case of wild
> >life variations in quality, that's a
> >little different.

> It's very different in respect to the fact that we have a lot
> less control over the condtions. But it still always comes down
> to the same thing for wildlife as well as domestic animals, and
> you, and me...quality of life is what determines whether it has
> a positive or negative value. To me decent lives have a
> positive value. To you I guess that's not always true, and
> maybe it's not, but I still feel that it does. So I feel just as good
> about seeing livestock and wildlife in grazing areas as I do
> about seeing fields of crops, and often I feel better about it.
> I feel just as good thinking about a bunch of dairy cows in a
> warm barn as I do about deer starving and freezing to death
> someplace...etc...etc...etc...

In the wild, provided they weren't
brought up in captivity, it is indeed
survival of the fittest and not our
place to interfere too often.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote
> <dh@.> wrote

> There are feral pigs, chickens,
> turkeys, etc. I don't know about
> sheep and goats.

There are plenty of them.

> As for their
> relatives made captive by us,
> there is no need for us to
> continue to do that.

There is a desire to continue, that's what matters,
need is not the issue. We don't "need" to cultivate
rice either, but we have the desire to so, and it's
quite lethal to many animals. Raising animals for
food, provided decent care is provided, is not more
or less deadly, or unethical, than any other form of
agriculture. The notion that it is so is a "vegan" myth.

> We don't
> owe it to any future unborn
> animals.

Of course not, how absurd. He's an idiot.

Scented Nectar

"Dutch" > wrote in message

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote
> > <dh@.> wrote

> > There are feral pigs, chickens,
> > turkeys, etc. I don't know about
> > sheep and goats.

> There are plenty of them.

Then no need to intervene to
prevent extinction.

> > As for their
> > relatives made captive by us,
> > there is no need for us to
> > continue to do that.

> There is a desire to continue, that's what matters,
> need is not the issue. We don't "need" to cultivate
> rice either, but we have the desire to so, and it's
> quite lethal to many animals. Raising animals for
> food, provided decent care is provided, is not more
> or less deadly, or unethical, than any other form of
> agriculture. The notion that it is so is a "vegan" myth.

As shown in this newsgroup
before, the numbers will still
favour the vegan.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> > We don't
> > owe it to any future unborn
> > animals.

> Of course not, how absurd. He's an idiot.

Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote
> "Dutch" > wrote
>>
>> "Scented Nectar" > wrote
>> > <dh@.> wrote

>> > There are feral pigs, chickens,
>> > turkeys, etc. I don't know about
>> > sheep and goats.

>> There are plenty of them.

> Then no need to intervene to
> prevent extinction.

Feral animals are almost always
damaging to delicate ecosystems
that have developed over millions
of years, just like transplanted wild
animals and birds. They threaten diversity.

>> > As for their
>> > relatives made captive by us,
>> > there is no need for us to
>> > continue to do that.

>> There is a desire to continue, that's what matters,
>> need is not the issue. We don't "need" to cultivate
>> rice either, but we have the desire to so, and it's
>> quite lethal to many animals. Raising animals for
>> food, provided decent care is provided, is not more
>> or less deadly, or unethical, than any other form of
>> agriculture. The notion that it is so is a "vegan" myth.

> As shown in this newsgroup
> before, the numbers will still
> favour the vegan.

Which vegan vs which non-vegan?
Your statement is a fallacy of
generalization.

Scented Nectar

"Dutch" > wrote in message

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote
> > "Dutch" > wrote
> >>
> >> "Scented Nectar" > wrote

> >> There are plenty of them.

> > Then no need to intervene to
> > prevent extinction.

> Feral animals are almost always
> damaging to delicate ecosystems
> that have developed over millions
> of years, just like transplanted wild
> animals and birds. They threaten diversity.

If their existences were limited
to their places of origin and no
transplants were kept, then let
nature take it's evolved course.

> >> There is a desire to continue, that's what matters,
> >> need is not the issue. We don't "need" to cultivate
> >> rice either, but we have the desire to so, and it's
> >> quite lethal to many animals. Raising animals for
> >> food, provided decent care is provided, is not more
> >> or less deadly, or unethical, than any other form of
> >> agriculture. The notion that it is so is a "vegan" myth.

> > As shown in this newsgroup
> > before, the numbers will still
> > favour the vegan.

> Which vegan vs which non-vegan?
> Your statement is a fallacy of
> generalization.

Do you want their names and
menus? Statistics are averages
not generalizations.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:

> "Dutch" > wrote in message
>
>>"Scented Nectar" > wrote
>>
>>><dh@.> wrote

>>>There are feral pigs, chickens,
>>>turkeys, etc. I don't know about
>>>sheep and goats.

>>There are plenty of them.

> Then no need to intervene to
> prevent extinction.
>

>>>As for their
>>>relatives made captive by us,
>>>there is no need for us to
>>>continue to do that.

>>There is a desire to continue, that's what matters,
>>need is not the issue. We don't "need" to cultivate
>>rice either, but we have the desire to so, and it's
>>quite lethal to many animals. Raising animals for
>>food, provided decent care is provided, is not more
>>or less deadly, or unethical, than any other form of
>>agriculture. The notion that it is so is a "vegan" myth.

> As shown in this newsgroup
> before, the numbers will still
> favour the vegan.

The relative numbers are irrelevant, because it isn't a
counting game. You do not establish your virtue by
doing less of some bad thing than someone else. You
must do NONE of it. Sodomizing the child next door
only 1/3 as often as your sister does not make you
virtuous.

As long as the "vegan's" CD numbers are positive, she
is a lying hypocrite.
Scented Nectar

"Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> > "Dutch" > wrote in message
> >
> >>"Scented Nectar" > wrote

> >>There are plenty of them.

> > Then no need to intervene to
> > prevent extinction.

> >>There is a desire to continue, that's what matters,
> >>need is not the issue. We don't "need" to cultivate
> >>rice either, but we have the desire to so, and it's
> >>quite lethal to many animals. Raising animals for
> >>food, provided decent care is provided, is not more
> >>or less deadly, or unethical, than any other form of
> >>agriculture. The notion that it is so is a "vegan" myth.

> > As shown in this newsgroup
> > before, the numbers will still
> > favour the vegan.

> The relative numbers are irrelevant, because it isn't a
> counting game. You do not establish your virtue by
> doing less of some bad thing than someone else. You
> must do NONE of it. Sodomizing the child next door
> only 1/3 as often as your sister does not make you
> virtuous.

Whoa. There you go again with
your wanting to discuss the rape
of children. I will not discuss that
with you.

> As long as the "vegan's" CD numbers are positive, she
> is a lying hypocrite.

If the number of cds are lower than
it would have been on her previous
meat eating diet, than she can feel
good about the harm reduction. She
is doing the best she reasonably
can.

By the way, don't snip the paragraphs
that you respond to in this. I am not
in the mood to converse that way and
I'll probably just ignore you.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Best Burgers 2007. Was: Red Robin Burgers Andy[_2_] General Cooking 15 27-05-2007 02:45 AM
Burgers Sheldon General Cooking 167 24-04-2007 06:41 PM
Burgers JimnGin Barbecue 12 21-04-2006 03:36 AM
Burgers Break Apart - How to grill burgers Pavel Barbecue 25 04-07-2004 06:59 PM