Wm James

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:50:03 +0100, Derek >
wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:27:04 GMT, usual suspect > wrote:
>>nullandvoid wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you think Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE),
>>> more commonly referred to as "mad cow disease",
>>> could be a form of retribution upon the cattle industry?

>>I wouldn't put it past vegans or animal rights extremists to willfully
>>contaminate individual cattle or entire herds

>That'd be farmers you're thinking of.
>
>A huge increase in compensation payments being
>made for brucellosis infected cattle in Northern
>Ireland has been criticised by a Stormont Assembly
>committee. The Public Accounts Committee said it
>was greatly concerned at the increased payments
>and the evidence that some
>
>*farmers were deliberately infecting their herds.*
>
>In a report published on Tuesday, the committee said
>there was evidence in five cases where farmers
>deliberately introduced the disease to take advantage
>of the compensation on offer.]
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/nor*thern...nd/1787931.stm

Not surprizing at all. When you make being a victim profitable, you
get more "victims". That's why it's apparently statistically so
dangerous to walk on Donald Trump's sidwalks. So many people seem to
fall down there, but never fall down on their own sidewalks.

William R. James