usual suspect

Default NC animal shelters stop turning over animals to PeTA

Two counties in North Carolina have stopped sending animals to People
who Euthanize Tons of Animals (PeTA) following revelations that PeTA
employees were systematically abusing, killing, and dumping adoptable
animals including young kittens.

http://www.10news.com/news/4639810/d...=sand&psp=news

VSA wrote:
> Any organization that supports
> eco-terrorists can hardly be expected to be kind to anyone

The "anyones" in receipt of the kindnesses stemming from defensive acts
on behalf of the environment are the species and the individual animals
who are killed or displaced by construction, deforestation, pollution
or the more overt animal exploitation enterprises, slaughterhouses, fur
farms and the like.

> or
> anything.

Non-living "anythings" do not warrant nor can they appreciate kindness.

As for the human owners of such "things", they need to find a more
honorable and considerate way to make a living. Screw' em.

> Senate Environment Committee Chairman James Inhofe estimated the cost
> of damages from militant environmental and animal rights supporters at
> more than $110 million in the past decade.

Mere property damage. A ski lodge does not suffer and die. A ski
lodge does not fear. It does not starve. A ski lodge does not
experience contentment, exhileration, relief or the thrill of plain,
old good luck.

> "Just like al Qaeda or any other terrorist movement, ELF and ALF
> cannot accomplish their goals without money, membership and the
> media," the Republican senator from Oklahoma said.

Unlike other special interest groups which include bribery, graft and
puppet legislators in their bag of tricks.

> Inhofe said there was "a growing network of support for extremists
> like ELF and ALF,"

That's the best piece of news I've heard all day.

> and he singled out People for the Ethical Treatment
> of Animals for giving money to members of both groups.
> http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/19/domestic.terrorism/

At least this means PETA does something useful with its money.