Default Cow Milk Loses at Indy 500

From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@...>
Date: Mon Jun 6, 2005 11:56 am
Subject: Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk notmilk2002
Offline
Send Email

Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk

At last Sunday's Indianapolis 500 mile car race, David
Letterman (TV talk show host and sponsor of Danica
Patrick's car) said this about the tradition of the
winner drinking milk:

"I got a glug of that last year (in victory lane). I
got there a little late and there was about a third of
it left. They were just passing it around and I thought,
'Well, you're stupid if you don't do this just once,'
so I gave it a shot. I won't say I have an aversion to
dairy products, but at the end of a long, hot day I'm
not sure room-temperature milk is what I'm looking for."
(Letterman laughs)

Dave Letterman is smart enough not to be too critical of
bacteria-filled warm milk. After all, his T.V. network has
received billions of dollars over the years from pizza and
other dairy ads. Letterman is a pro and carefully chooses
his words. The race winner, Dan Wheldon, took a sip of milk,
and admitted that milk is not his cup of tea. After taking
a sip, he poured most of the contents over his own head after
winning the race and becomming an instant millionaire. Wheldon's
words:

"I=E2=80=99m not a big milk drinker. But, for once, it tasted great."

OK. We can live with that. Faced with the challenge of drinking
something he did not really care to consume while millions
watched, he took one small sip, then ceremoniously poured the rest
of the milk over his own head like a baseball player celebrating
a world series victory with a bottle of champagne. We applaud
Wheldon's creative method of avoiding the remaining milk! Here's
a photo of Mr. Wheldon pouring out most of the bottle of milk:

<http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2005250025,00.html>

In honor of last Sunday's momentous moment, in which the winner
traditionally drinks from a carton of cow's milk and then
suffers gastric reflux a few hours later, I am offering a
$100 SoyToy (plus shipping) to the first five callers.
That's a $59 savings!

I know...it's not fair that I do this before 10 AM
on a weekday, but, hey, that's when this urge struck
me. Five of you are about to luck out.

The SoyToy usually retails for $159. The first
five people to answer this email can purchase
a SoyToy for a below wholesale price! (Plus shipping
costs of $10 to the Continental United States).

Cry, beg, threaten. It will do you no good. Only
five soymilk machines are available at this special
price. Callers 6-100 will hear these words: "Sorry,
no exceptions."

Add one-half cup of dried soybeans to two quarts of
water, and you'll end up with two quarts of delicious
soymilk in under 30 minutes. This appliance will pay
for itself before the summer's end.

OK---Operators are standing by. Call toll-free:

888-NOT-MILK (888-668-6455)

Robert Cohen
http://www.SoyToy.com