Rob Osborn

Default Detox regime

I've realized that I need to change my lifestyle to something more along the
lines of a vegan/vegetarian way of living. Before that, though, I realize
even more that I need to detox. I am looking for a good detox regime. Can
anyone here recommend something that will take me through a month long
process to detox?

Than you for your help!

Rob

Steve

Rob Osborn wrote:
> I've realized that I need to change my lifestyle to something more along the
> lines of a vegan/vegetarian way of living. Before that, though, I realize
> even more that I need to detox. I am looking for a good detox regime. Can
> anyone here recommend something that will take me through a month long
> process to detox?

Hi Rob;

I don't have citations written down but over the years I have read a
number of articles from alternative medicine friendly scientists stating
that the idea of needing to detox doesn't fit what is known ( very
solidly ) of human physiology.

If you aren't feeling great, you will notice feeling better after about
3 weeks adopting a healthier lifestyle: better diet, regular exercise,
regular & adequate sleep, & sufficient water intake ( 2 qts a day minimum ).

The last is most important for you as water is crucial to your body's
real "detox" mechanism...the ones that need no special routines other
than drinking enough water which most people do not.

I suggest filling up a 2 liter bottle at the start of your day, taking
it with you to work, putting it in a visible place so you don't forget
about it, and making it a point to finish it before you leave for work.
Water in beverages do not count. Drink 2 quarts of fresh water. You
should notice feeling better in about 3 days. If you have heartburn it
will clear up. After 1-2 weeks your body will adjust so it will not
feel like you have to go to the bathroom all of the time.

In regards to starting a vegan diet, Vegan Outreach has a stellar
starter kit.

Vegan Outreach will mail you a very nice printed copy for free. You can
also download a pdf version for free or read it on the web for free.

The kit includes unique and thoughtful essays by Vegan Outreach founder
Matt Ball that will help you make vegetarianism a rewarding and lasting
commitment.

It has a better recipe section than most starter kits that I have seen.
Best of all it also has an up to date, complete, easy to understand,
and brief nutrition section by Jack Norris, a vegan Registered Dietitian.

Assuming you have a solid reason for starting veg*nism the two best
things you can do to make your commitment to it last is to learn good
nutrition and to learn to cook a small set of recipes you really like.

Here is the url:
http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack

Vegan Outreach also hosts a web site of health articles for people on
plant based diets:

http://www.veganhealth.org

Be careful of who you take nutrition advice from on the web.

There are a number of web mavens who sound as if they know what they are
talking about and they really don't.

Learn to ask people how they know what they know.

Animal Rights sites, even some of the more well known names are known
for giving out of date or incomplete information on vegetarian nutrition.

If you are interested in more information I have articles and
descriptions of books by well known, well respected, and well
credentialed authorities on my web site at:

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

HTH

--

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Coiblers

Steve wrote:
> [...]

> nutrition and to learn to cook a small set of recipes you really like.
>
> Here is the url:
> http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack
>
> Vegan Outreach also hosts a web site of health articles for people on
> plant based diets:
>
> http://www.veganhealth.org
>
> Be careful of who you take nutrition advice from on the web.
>
> There are a number of web mavens who sound as if they know what they are
> talking about and they really don't.
>
> Learn to ask people how they know what they know.
>
> Animal Rights sites, even some of the more well known names are known
> for giving out of date or incomplete information on vegetarian nutrition.
>
> If you are interested in more information I have articles and
> descriptions of books by well known, well respected, and well
> credentialed authorities on my web site at:

Very wise words!
usual suspect

Rob Osborn wrote:
> I've realized that I need to change my lifestyle to something more along the
> lines of a vegan/vegetarian way of living.

Why do you need to do that?

> Before that, though, I realize
> even more that I need to detox.

Why do you "need" to detox?

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ics/detox.html
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cs/gastro.html

Etc.

<...>
Rob Osborn

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Rob Osborn wrote:
>> I've realized that I need to change my lifestyle to something more along
>> the lines of a vegan/vegetarian way of living.

> Why do you need to do that?

For a healthier life style.

>> Before that, though, I realize even more that I need to detox.

> Why do you "need" to detox?

I have a co-worker who has done this and the results are noticeable. He has
more energy and even looks better. He feels better. He went through a
month long detox regime and has altered his diet drastically. While not
adopting a vegan/vegetarian food regime he has cut out beef and pork from
his diet and now consumes turkey, chicken and fish in moderation. I figure
I can benefit from similar, or more drastic, changes.

Rob Osborn

Steve,

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give it a try and let you know how
things go.

Rob

"Steve" > wrote in message
> [...]

> talking about and they really don't.
>
> Learn to ask people how they know what they know.
>
> Animal Rights sites, even some of the more well known names are known for
> giving out of date or incomplete information on vegetarian nutrition.
>
> If you are interested in more information I have articles and descriptions
> of books by well known, well respected, and well credentialed authorities
> on my web site at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
> HTH
>
> --
>
> Steve
>
> Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
> Steve's Home Page
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/
>
> "The great American thought trap: It is not real
> unless it can be seen on television or bought in a

usual suspect

Rob Osborn wrote:
>>>I've realized that I need to change my lifestyle to something more along
>>>the lines of a vegan/vegetarian way of living.

>>Why do you need to do that?

> For a healthier life style.

Why is that "healthier" and "healthier" than what?

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ics/detox.html
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cs/gastro.html

Did you read these links?

>>>Before that, though, I realize even more that I need to detox.

>>Why do you "need" to detox?

> I have a co-worker...

That doesn't tell me why YOU "need" to detox. "Gee, Mom, all the other
kids are detoxing."
Rob Osborn

Are you just being difficult in this discussion or are you a difficult
person in general?

I read the links after I replied to your post. Did you read my reply to
Steve?

>>>Why do you need to do that?

>> For a healthier life style.

> Why is that "healthier" and "healthier" than what?
>
> http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ics/detox.html
> http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cs/gastro.html
>
> Did you read these links?

>>>Why do you "need" to detox?

>> I have a co-worker...

> That doesn't tell me why YOU "need" to detox. "Gee, Mom, all the other
> kids are detoxing."

usual suspect

Rob Osborn wrote:

Stop top-posting.

> Are you just being difficult in this discussion or are you a difficult
> person in general?

I asked you questions. You didn't answer them.

> I read the links after I replied to your post.

You snipped them without any notation or response.

> Did you read my reply to
> Steve?

Yes. You didn't answer my questions there, either.

>>>For a healthier life style.

>>Why is that "healthier" and "healthier" than what?
>>
>>http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ics/detox.html
>>http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cs/gastro.html
>>
>>Did you read these links?

>>>I have a co-worker...

>>That doesn't tell me why YOU "need" to detox. "Gee, Mom, all the other
>>kids are detoxing."

Rob Osborn

Don't tell me how to respond to posts.

I'm through playing this silly game.

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Rob Osborn wrote:
>
> Stop top-posting.
>
>> Are you just being difficult in this discussion or are you a difficult
>> person in general?

> I asked you questions. You didn't answer them.
>
>> I read the links after I replied to your post.

> You snipped them without any notation or response.
>
>> Did you read my reply to Steve?

> Yes. You didn't answer my questions there, either.

>>>Why is that "healthier" and "healthier" than what?
>>>
>>>http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ics/detox.html
>>>http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cs/gastro.html
>>>
>>>Did you read these links?

>>>That doesn't tell me why YOU "need" to detox. "Gee, Mom, all the other
>>>kids are detoxing."

rick

"Rob Osborn" > wrote in message
m...
> Don't tell me how to respond to posts.
>
> I'm through playing this silly game.
> ===================

Of course you are, since you cannot answer the questions posed to
you, eh fool?

> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>> Rob Osborn wrote:
>>
>> Stop top-posting.
>>
>>> Are you just being difficult in this discussion or are you a
>>> difficult person in general?

>> I asked you questions. You didn't answer them.
>>
>>> I read the links after I replied to your post.

>> You snipped them without any notation or response.
>>
>>> Did you read my reply to Steve?

>> Yes. You didn't answer my questions there, either.

Rob Osborn

Plonk.

"rick" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Rob Osborn" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Don't tell me how to respond to posts.
>>
>> I'm through playing this silly game.
>> ===================

> Of course you are, since you cannot answer the questions posed to you, eh
> fool?
>

>> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>>> Rob Osborn wrote:
>>>
>>> Stop top-posting.

>>> I asked you questions. You didn't answer them.

>>> You snipped them without any notation or response.

>>> Yes. You didn't answer my questions there, either.

rick

"Rob Osborn" > wrote in message
.. .
> Plonk.

=====================
ROTFLMAO Like you really matter? You can't even discuss your
own idiocy, eh fool?

> "rick" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>>
>> "Rob Osborn" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> Don't tell me how to respond to posts.
>>>
>>> I'm through playing this silly game.
>>> ===================

>> Of course you are, since you cannot answer the questions posed
>> to you, eh fool?

usual suspect

Rob Osborn wrote:
> Don't tell me how to respond to posts.

Stop top-posting. See #6.

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

> I'm through playing this silly game.

I didn't realize we were playing one. I asked you some questions. What's
so difficult about answering them, or at least one?

You need more than to "detox." You need to learn some manners.

>>Stop top-posting.
>>

>>>Are you just being difficult in this discussion or are you a difficult
>>>person in general?

>>I asked you questions. You didn't answer them.
>>

>>>I read the links after I replied to your post.

>>You snipped them without any notation or response.
>>

>>>Did you read my reply to Steve?

>>Yes. You didn't answer my questions there, either.
>>

>>>"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..

> [...]

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Rob Osborn wrote:
>> Don't tell me how to respond to posts.

> Stop top-posting.

Don't be a whiny bitch.

>> I'm through playing this silly game.

> I didn't realize we were playing one. I asked you some questions. What's
> so difficult about answering them, or at least one?

Because you ask leading and inflammatory questions, and then you whine when
nobody wants to play your game.

> You need more than to "detox." You need to learn some manners.

What a laugh - you lecturing other people on manners.

usual suspect

C. James Asperger wrote:
> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>
>>Rob Osborn wrote:
>>
>>>Don't tell me how to respond to posts.

>>Stop top-posting.

> Don't be a whiny bitch.

Am I encroaching on your profession again?

>>>I'm through playing this silly game.

>>I didn't realize we were playing one. I asked you some questions. What's
>>so difficult about answering them, or at least one?

> Because you ask leading and inflammatory questions, and then you whine when
> nobody wants to play your game.

Asking someone why he "needs" to detox isn't inflammatory.

>>You need more than to "detox." You need to learn some manners.

> What a laugh - you lecturing other people on manners.

You need to learn some manners, too.
Rob Osborn

No worries.

I've been on the net long enough to see a troll when one presents himself.
I recognized fairly early that "usual suspect" is a pariah and I kill filed
him.

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>> Rob Osborn wrote:
>>> Don't tell me how to respond to posts.

>> Stop top-posting.

> Don't be a whiny bitch.
>
>>> I'm through playing this silly game.

>> I didn't realize we were playing one. I asked you some questions. What's
>> so difficult about answering them, or at least one?

> Because you ask leading and inflammatory questions, and then you whine
> when nobody wants to play your game.
>
>> You need more than to "detox." You need to learn some manners.

> What a laugh - you lecturing other people on manners.

usual suspect

Rob Osborn top-posted again:
> No worries.
>
> I've been on the net long enough to see a troll when one presents himself.

I asked you on-topic questions germane to the statements you made.

> I recognized fairly early that "usual suspect" is a pariah and I kill filed
> him.

I'm honored to be in your killfile, you twit.

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
>
>>"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>Stop top-posting.

>>Don't be a whiny bitch.

>>>I didn't realize we were playing one. I asked you some questions. What's
>>>so difficult about answering them, or at least one?

>>Because you ask leading and inflammatory questions, and then you whine
>>when nobody wants to play your game.
>>

>>>You need more than to "detox." You need to learn some manners.

>>What a laugh - you lecturing other people on manners.

Laurie

"Rob Osborn" > wrote in message
> I am looking for a good detox regime.

Not necessary, and the herbal detox regimes are all quite toxic.
Your body will detox as a function of the quality of diet.
http://www.ecologos.org/cleansing.htm

Laurie

Detox clams Tom Del Rosso[_3_] General Cooking 13 13-04-2012 08:42 PM
Detox from meat turq Vegan 33 30-12-2006 07:06 PM
Detox help please gr8fulnfa Vegetarian cooking 2 08-04-2006 01:19 PM
Stirring regime Jim Winemaking 3 16-02-2005 07:33 PM