Old 27-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Dutch

wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:37:12 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:50:19 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

wrote
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:26:28 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

A demand for exact statistics is an attempt at disinformation.

That's ridiculous. Sounds to me like you just cannot provide them.

http://home.datawest.net/esn-recover...re%20facts%20p

resented
19. Ignore facts presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a
variant of the 'play dumb' rule.

Ignores request for facts,

Rule 19 of disinformation, 'Demand impossible proofs'

stupidly thinks that a goodle post is hard
evidence.

Strawman fallacy, I never claimed that link was "hard" evidence.

It is on you to prove it. That is how it works in logic
and debate.

No it isn't, it is on me to present a reasonable case supported by
facts. I have done so.

If you cannot prove it then it's just all fluff.

Wrong, this is a debate about ethics, not a counting game.

However, that article you linked to also had the link to its own
rebuttal, which did present some hard numbers.

Numbers don't make an argument. Matheny is a master of
the strawman. Matheny is not a scientist and has done no research.

In other words, the rebuttal article was solid, and the one you
quoted was ridiculous.

In other words, Davis research gores your ox. The research reveals
that machine harvesting decimates populations of mammals, and it
destroys populations of amphibians and insects. It does not even
discuss the effects of spraying, which are even more harmful. These
facts should cause any thoughtful person who has embraced the
"vegan ethic" to re-assess their ethical model. The curious thing is
that it seldom does, it causes people like dropout Matheny and you
to launch campaigns of denial, disinformation and strawmen.

Old 27-04-2005, 06:34 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:33:03 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

http://home.datawest.net/esn-recover...re%20facts%20p

resented
19. Ignore facts presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a
variant of the 'play dumb' rule.

Ignores request for facts,

Rule 19 of disinformation, 'Demand impossible proofs'

Let's take this over to sci.sketpic shall we? Then you can see
how they will tear you to shreds over there. Whimpering over
demds for proof just doesn't cut it. I double dare you.

No it isn't, it is on me to present a reasonable case supported by
facts. I have done so.

You have not.

If you cannot prove it then it's just all fluff.

Wrong, this is a debate about ethics, not a counting game.

Dude, I am not a vegan. I am a vegetarian.

However, that article you linked to also had the link to its own
rebuttal, which did present some hard numbers.

Numbers don't make an argument. Matheny is a master of
the strawman. Matheny is not a scientist and has done no research.

Very well. I will put it over on sci.skeptic myself, and crosslink it
to here, and we shall see what we shall see.....

and you will end up crying in the corner.

In other words, the rebuttal article was solid, and the one you
quoted was ridiculous.

In other words, Davis research gores your ox. The research reveals
that machine harvesting decimates populations of mammals, and it
destroys populations of amphibians and insects. It does not even
discuss the effects of spraying, which are even more harmful. These
facts should cause any thoughtful person who has embraced the
"vegan ethic" to re-assess their ethical model. The curious thing is
that it seldom does, it causes people like dropout Matheny and you
to launch campaigns of denial, disinformation and strawmen.

The use of the term "populations" seems a bit of an overstatement,
intended to maximize the lack of numbers or research you have to back
up anyhitng you say.

Old 27-04-2005, 11:49 PM
rick

"Derek" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang
wrote:
In article
nk.net,
"rick" wrote:

[..]
It takes more grain to produce meat than to produce grain.
More
than half
of America's crop production is fed to livestock.
======================
ROTLMAO You have proof of that claim, right?

I guess I'll have to do the research for you tomorrow, meat
industry
apologist. It has been a while since I looked into that, but
that's the
number I remember. Or do you already have an idea of how much
grain in the U.S goes to livestock?

'..according to FAO (199lc) the cereal grains consumed
directly per capita are just a small fraction of the total per
capita cereal grains consumption (directly and indirectly)
in the United States. In fact, of the total domestic
consumption of cereal grains 72% are used to feed
livestock, 11% are for direct human consumption, and the
remaining 17% are used by the food industry to produce
different food products and alcoholic beverages. Therefore,
almost 90% of the cereal grains are consumed indirectly
by Americans. A similar pattern occurs for soybeans
and oil seeds. A large fraction of soybeans is used for
feeding livestock, either directly or in the form of
by-products (bean meal) of soy oil production, and in the
food industry to produce soy oil for human consumption.'
http://dieoff.org/page55.htm

=================
I never thought I'd ever say this, but thanks twit. You just
proved him wrong....

Old 28-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Derek

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:49:18 GMT, "rick" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang wrote:
In article .net, "rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

Rather, those percentages prove you wrong and 'Sprang' right.
Learn to read.
Old 28-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Gerbil-jonnie

"LOL Exactly. It makes vegan claims bogus, since they don't
"know" that their diet is better, doesn't it? "
..
Since I don't eat BEEF, I am absolutely certain that my diet killed no
bovine.
You should stick to being the pompous little field mouse genius that we
all know and despise rather than trying to intrude in areas in which
you know jack-shit.

Old 28-04-2005, 10:40 PM
rick

oups.com...
.
Since I don't eat BEEF, I am absolutely certain that my diet
killed no
bovine.

==================
Thanks for proving your ignoance yet again, killer.

You should stick to being the pompous little field mouse genius
that we
all know and despise rather than trying to intrude in areas in
which
you know jack-shit.

=================
LOL Like you are in this thread? You've poven over and ove you
can't discuss anything...

Old 28-04-2005, 10:41 PM
rick

"Derek" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:49:18 GMT, "rick" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang
wrote:
In article
link.net,
"rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

I have, maybe you should learn. He claimed that 90% of all crops
are ed to animals. You just poved that to be a ly. Thanks
again, twits....

Old 28-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Derek

"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang wrote:
In article .net, "rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

Look at the top of this post and you'll see that he
claimed, "More than half of America's crop production
is fed to livestock.", not 90%, liar Ricky, As it turns
out, his 51% guess is 21% shy of the actual 72%
given by David Pimentel Cornell University and Mario
Giampietro Isiituto Nazionale dell; Nutrizione, Rome.

Old 29-04-2005, 12:00 AM
rick

"Derek" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:41:15 GMT, "rick" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:49:18 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang
wrote:
In article
thlink.net,
"rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

===============
Yeah, I picked the 90 from your idiocy. You still haven't proven
him right, killer..

"In fact, of the total domestic consumption of cereal
grains

*72% are used to feed livestock,**
============================

Too bad you still haven't proved him right. His statement was
"America's crop production" fool. Now, go back and rethink your
lys...

Old 29-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Derek

"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang wrote:
In article .net, "rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

You don't get to blame me for your errors and subsequent
lies, Ricky.

You still haven't proven him right, killer..

He claimed that, "More than half of America's crop
production is fed to livestock.", and the evidence
which gives a 72 % is exactly as he said: more than
half, which proves he was right. This is very basic
stuff Rick, and if you can't admit you're wrong on
something as simple and as obvious as this, then it's
certain you'll never admit to being wrong about
anything, even when forced to look at the facts.

"In fact, of the total domestic consumption of cereal
grains

*72% are used to feed livestock,**
============================

Too bad you still haven't proved him right.

72% is more than half, which proves 'Sprang' was
right.

His statement was "America's crop production"

He was referring to grain;

Old 29-04-2005, 02:46 AM
rick

"Derek" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:00:31 GMT, "rick" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:41:15 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:49:18 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
news:[email protected] com...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang
wrote:
In article
arthlink.net,
"rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

========================
Still have comprehension problems, don't you fool. Your claim is
that 72% of grains are fed to animals. He claimed more than half
of all crops are fed to animals. Too bad you are too stupid to
even read, eh killer?

This is very basic
stuff Rick, and if you can't admit you're wrong on
something as simple and as obvious as this, then it's
certain you'll never admit to being wrong about
anything, even when forced to look at the facts.

====================
You haven't presented the facts to prove what he said. Too bad,
twits. But then, you've never been able to prove anything yet.

"In fact, of the total domestic consumption of cereal
grains

*72% are used to feed livestock,**
============================

Too bad you still haven't proved him right.

72% is more than half, which proves 'Sprang' was
right.

His statement was "America's crop production"

He was referring to grain;
"It takes more grain to produce meat than to produce
grain. More than half of America's crop production
is fed to livestock."

======================
Nope. Try again. America's Crop production isn't just grain
production.

Old 29-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Derek

"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang wrote:
In article .net, "rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

When are you going to explain why you lied? He never
made the claim of 90%, like you insisted he did.

You still haven't proven him right, killer..

He claimed that, "More than half of America's crop
production is fed to livestock.", and the evidence
which gives a 72 % is exactly as he said: more than
half, which proves he was right.

========================
Still have comprehension problems, don't you fool. Your claim is
that 72% of grains are fed to animals.

Which supports his claim of "More than half ..." Look
again at the evidence I produced above.

He claimed more than half of all crops are fed to animals.

And he was correct to do so, according to the evidence
I produced. You, however, lied by insisting, " He claimed
that 90% of all crops are ed to animals."

Too bad you are too stupid to even read, eh killer?

Don't you realise that 72% is "More than half..." yet
Rick?

This is very basic
stuff Rick, and if you can't admit you're wrong on
something as simple and as obvious as this, then it's
certain you'll never admit to being wrong about
anything, even when forced to look at the facts.

====================
You haven't presented the facts to prove what he said.

You're lying again. Just look above and read what I
brought here as evidence to prove it.

"In fact, of the total domestic consumption of cereal
grains

*72% are used to feed livestock,**
============================
Too bad you still haven't proved him right.

72% is more than half, which proves 'Sprang' was
right.

His statement was "America's crop production"

He was referring to grain;
"It takes more grain to produce meat than to produce
grain. More than half of America's crop production
is fed to livestock."

======================
Nope.

Yep. Your math is clearly very poor. Believe it or not,
72% is "More than half ...", just like he said.

Old 29-04-2005, 11:22 AM
rick

"Derek" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:46:55 GMT, "rick" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:00:31 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:41:15 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
news:[email protected] com...
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:49:18 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
news:[email protected] x.com...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang
wrote:
In article
.earthlink.net,
"rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

=====================

No, he wasn't correct, and neither are your attempts...

Too bad you are too stupid to even read, eh killer?

Don't you realise that 72% is "More than half..." yet
Rick?

================
Sure, but you have failed to show that half of all crops are fed
to animals, fool.

This is very basic
stuff Rick, and if you can't admit you're wrong on
something as simple and as obvious as this, then it's
certain you'll never admit to being wrong about
anything, even when forced to look at the facts.

====================
You haven't presented the facts to prove what he said.

You're lying again. Just look above and read what I
brought here as evidence to prove it.
=================

No, you haven't, killer.

"In fact, of the total domestic consumption of cereal
grains

*72% are used to feed livestock,**
============================
Too bad you still haven't proved him right.

72% is more than half, which proves 'Sprang' was
right.

His statement was "America's crop production"

He was referring to grain;
"It takes more grain to produce meat than to produce
grain. More than half of America's crop production
is fed to livestock."

======================
Nope.

Yep. Your math is clearly very poor. Believe it or not,
72% is "More than half ...", just like he said.
=======================

Nope. Just as you have proven yourself, he was wrong. Thanks,
twits...

Old 29-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Derek

"Derek" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang wrote:
In article .net, "rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

If you're not prepared to explain why you lied about
"Sprang's" claim, why should anyone believe a word
you write?

You still haven't proven him right, killer..

He claimed that, "More than half of America's crop
production is fed to livestock.", and the evidence
which gives a 72 % is exactly as he said: more than
half, which proves he was right.
========================
Still have comprehension problems, don't you fool.
Your claim is that 72% of grains are fed to animals.

Which supports his claim of "More than half ..." Look
again at the evidence I produced above.

My guess is that the evidence which support his claim
is just too hard for you to refute, and that's why you lied
about his claim.

He claimed more than half of all crops are fed to animals.

And he was correct to do so, according to the evidence
I produced. You, however, lied by insisting, " He claimed
that 90% of all crops are ed to animals."
=====================

No, he wasn't correct, and neither are your attempts...

Evidence shows that he was correct. More than half
the grain he was referring to in his paragraph DOES go
to feed livestock.

Too bad you are too stupid to even read, eh killer?

Don't you realise that 72% is "More than half..." yet
Rick?

================
Sure

Then you have no option but to concede and take on
board that more than half the grain "Sprang" referred
to in his paragraph at the top of this page goes to feed
livestock.

This is very basic
stuff Rick, and if you can't admit you're wrong on
something as simple and as obvious as this, then it's
certain you'll never admit to being wrong about
anything, even when forced to look at the facts.
====================
You haven't presented the facts to prove what he said.

You're lying again. Just look above and read what I
brought here as evidence to prove it.
=================

No, you haven't, killer.

It's there, exactly where I put it, and hiding from it
doesn't help you out of the hole you've dug yourself
into.

"In fact, of the total domestic consumption of cereal
grains

*72% are used to feed livestock,**
============================
Too bad you still haven't proved him right.

72% is more than half, which proves 'Sprang' was
right.

His statement was "America's crop production"

He was referring to grain;
"It takes more grain to produce meat than to produce
grain. More than half of America's crop production
is fed to livestock."
======================
Nope.

Yep. Your math is clearly very poor. Believe it or not,
72% is "More than half ...", just like he said.
=======================

Nope.

Half of something is 50% of it. More than half of something
over 50% of it. 72% of something is more than half of it,
meaning "Sprang" was right and you're incredibly poor in
basic math.

Old 29-04-2005, 09:03 PM
rick

"Derek" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:22:53 GMT, "rick" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:46:55 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:00:31 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
news:[email protected] com...
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:41:15 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
news:[email protected] x.com...
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:49:18 GMT, "rick"
wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message
news:[email protected] 4ax.com...
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:40:02 -0400, Sprang
wrote:
In article
as.earthlink.net,
"rick" wrote:

[..]
[...]

No, you've proven that your english comprehension is bad.