Default cost of meat v.s. vegan diet

Does anyone know where to find information regarding the cost of a meat or
"standard American diet" versus vegan?

Bawl

Do your own study.
Also if you have your own yard, grow a garden.
Your food costs will plummet.

Tracey

"H" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where to find information regarding the cost of a meat or
> "standard American diet" versus vegan?

Not American but thought I'd reply ) I do my grocery shopping with a
friend who is a meat eater. I'm vegetarian,
so is my fiance (who I share a home with) on the whole (very occasionally he
eats fish). I buy
vegetarian food for two whilst my friend lives alone and therefore only buys
food for one. Every week my bill comes to at least £5 cheaper than my
friend's, much to his annoyance!

I would imagine if I turned vegan my shopping bills would be even cheaper as
the costliest things on my bills tend to be meat substitutes eg Quorn pieces
or veggie bacon.

Tracey

Cheap meat at what cost? sf[_9_] General Cooking 7 17-12-2013 06:27 AM
The Vegan Diet Richard Miller Vegan 2 30-07-2006 07:13 PM
Why does meat from a hoof cost so much? jdc1 General Cooking 6 09-11-2005 01:36 AM
Cost of meat F.G. Whitfurrows Barbecue 10 08-02-2004 05:12 AM
The "true cost" of deer meat (humor) ScratchMonkey General Cooking 3 27-10-2003 12:06 AM