Default Coincidences...........or............

..... the truths about cow milk that SpongeBall ScaredyPants(Jonathon
Ball, aka Jack) does NOT want you to know!

..
..

From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@e...>
Date: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:56 pm
Subject: Two Most Amazing Coincidences

Two Most Amazing Coincidences

Today we explore two of the most amazing coincidences in
American history. These coincidences occurred one hundred
years apart. I have yet to decide which coincidence
ranks as number one. Each coincidence defies all odds.
______________________
Coincidence Number One
______________________

In July of 1861, an enormous Confederate army marched
onto a Virginia farmer's land. That farmer was Wilmer
McClain. Union forces attempted to stop the forward
progress of the rebel army. These actions resulted
in the first major battle of the Civil War, known
as Bull Run.

Imagine the look on this poor guy's face thirteen
months later in August of 1862 when the first episode
repeated itself. I flash back to what must have been
the same look of the unfortunate patient who gets to act
as the subject of an experiment in Gene Wilder's neurology
class in the movie "Young Frankenstein." The look on that
poor guy's pained face represented one of the greatest
classic comedy scenes in cinematic history.

Thirteen months later, history repeated itself in the same
place, resulting in the second battle of Bull Run. That
rarest of events was an oddity, but this story gets even
better. Completely disgusted with the bloodshed and
destruction of his farm, Mr. McClain loaded two large
wagons with what remained of his possessions, and moved
two hundred miles away. Now for the fun part.

Ever see the film "Dave?" Remember the look on Charles
Grodin's face when Sigourney Weaver walks into Kevin
Klein's office near the end of the movie? I can picture
that same awed expression on our protagonist farmer...

....Three years later, the Union Army was about to win the
Civil War. General Ulysses S. Grant met face to face
with the leader of the Confederate army, Robert E. Lee.
They talked for many hours and negotiated and then
signed an agreement that ended the war. At that moment
of signing, the two great generals sat in the living room
of our gentleman farmer, Wilmer McClain. The town that he
moved to after his farm was destroyed in Bull Run II was
called Appomattox Court House.
______________________
Coincidence Number Two
______________________

One hundred years after the signing of that truce which
ended the Civil War, a protein hormone was identified
and named insulin-like growth factor, or IGF-I.

There are approximately 4,700 different mammals in the animal
kingdom, and millions of different proteins and hormones in
nature. Life has such remarkable diversity, that there are no
hormones exactly alike which are shared by two different species
of mammal. Many paleontologists argue that man is descended from
ape-like ancestors. Possibly Leakey's Australopithecus, or Peking
man, or Zinzanthropic man. Humans bear close resemblance to
primates. Organs are quite similar, as is the skeletal-muscular
system. As close as we might seem, there are no identical hormones
shared between any two species of primate.

HOWEVER, there is one exception to this rule in the animal kingdom.
The most powerful growth hormone in the human body, discovered
circa 1961, is IGF-I. That is also the most powerful growth
hormone to be found in a cow's body. Protein hormones are made
up of amino acids. Human IGF-I and bovine IGF-I each contain
70 amino acids in the identical sequence. The number representing
the odds of that occurring is greater than the total number
of subatomic particles in the universe. In other words, possible,
but highly improbable, yet, it happened. Now, that is a coincidence
of extreme magnitude.

Last part of this coincidence. IGF-I has been identified as
a key factor in the growth of every human cancer. Drink milk, and
one doubles the amount of (free and unbound) IGF-I in the human
body. Last part of this amazing coincidence: The nations with the
highest rates of breast cancer include Denmark, Norway, Holland,
and Sweden. These nations also have the highest per-capita
consumption rates of milk and cheese. Now, that is a coincidence!

Robert Cohen
http://www.notmilk.com

Jim Webster

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> .... the truths about cow milk that SpongeBall ScaredyPants(Jonathon
> Ball, aka Jack) does NOT want you to know!

like anyone cares

From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@e...>
Date: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:04 pm
Subject: Vitamin D-3 Can Cause Death by Overdose

Vitamin D-3 Can Cause Death by Overdose

Vitamin D-3 is used to kill rats!
Why is it added to milk
for our children to drink?

The title of a brochure produced by the Ministry
of Environment in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada,
is: "Safe and Sensible Pest Control"

The brochure represents a series of "safe and sensible"
pest control measures, according to the Canadian Health
Minister.

Many methods of mice and rat control are discussed. I prefer
the most foolproof of methods: Don't let them eat your food.
Store all foods in refrigerators or tamper-proof containers.
With no food supply, mice and rats go elsewhere to dine.

According to Canadian health officials, Vitamin D-3 is
the most effective and ecologically sound method of
dealing with rat and mouse infestation.

According to the brochure, products containing Vitamin D-3
(calciferol) kill by vitamin overdose after 3-4 days. The
Vitamin D-3 actually mobilizes excessive amounts of calcium
from an animal's bones.

And you thought that Vitamin D-3 helped to absorb calcium.
Another dairy industry myth!

Don't try this at home. When the animal dies within your walls,
its putrefying body will add the most unpleasant bouquet to your
environment. The offensive smell may last for months.

How soon we forget! Children are taught in first grade that
Vitamin D is the "sunshine vitamin." Vitamin D is a steroid
hormone and is synthesized in one's body after skin is exposed
to sunlight. Once the body has made enough, it will produce
no more. Too much Vitamin D can be toxic and
result in bone loss.

In 1963, the Journal Pediatrics revealed:

"Consuming as little as 45 micrograms of Vitamin D-3 in young
children has resulted in signs of overdose." (one gallon of milk
contains 1600 IU, or 40 micrograms)." (Pediatrics, 1963; 31)

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine
revealed that of 42 milk samples, only 12% were within the
expected range of Vitamin D content. Testing of 10 samples
of infant formula revealed seven with more that twice the
Vitamin D content reported on the label, one of which had
more than four times the label amount. Vitamin D is toxic
in overdose for rats and mice.
(New England Journal of Medicine, 1992, 326)

Robert Cohen
http://www.notmilk.com